Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGP View Post
    The real problem of Mechagnomes is not what they are, if you dont like them dont play them, there is options for all, the real problem is that they have the same classes options that Gnomes and less options that Vulpera (for example). Mechagnomes need something diferent in terms of class. And i see two great options here: Mechagnome Paladin or Mechagnome Shaman or who know Mechagnome Druids (Alliance has one less druid than Horde).
    Firstly, just going to say what has been said by Blizzard people multiple times: There aren't going to any great lengths with Allied Races to balance which get what classes for fairness sake. They are simply giving them the classes they feel make sense from a race perspective. That's it.

With that said, overall, things have been more or less pretty fairly balanced with regards to allied race/class combinations and numbers. Here is the breakdown:

Alliance:
    Void Elf - 7
    Lightforged - 5
    Dark Iron - 8
    Kul Tiran - 8
    Mechagnome - 7

Horde:
    Nightborne - 7
    Highmountain - 5
    Maghar - 7
    Zandalari - 8
    Vulpera - 8

Pretty much equal across the board. Mag'har got one less than Dark Iron and Vulpera got one more than Mechangnome. But, i mean... seriously? Who cares? Why is this so important? I mean, I suppose if you wanted to be annoyed by anything, be annoyed that Alliance Allied races only got two Paladins & two Shaman, while the horde got an extra Druid, and FOUR Shaman. But, yet... only one Paladin.

There is always going to be some kind of disparity. If they made it completely equal, how boring that would be?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGP View Post
    I really think that they are waiting Blizzcon or any other moment, before launch of 8.3, to announce a new class for them that is different that normal Gnomes.
    That won't happen. They aren't going to get a special class specific to them. Why would they be vastly different from standard Gnomes? The classes remaining are:

• Death Knight
    • Demon Hunter
    • Druid
    • Paladin
    • Shaman

It's pretty obvious why they cannot be any of these classes. With the exception of DK, which A.) Blizzard said no Allied Races would be DKs as an option and B.) They would have been normal humanoid Gnomes at the time of the events of Wrath of the Lich King.

Gnomes don't have a connection to being a Paladin (Light), Druid (Nature) or Shaman (Elements). It's just not a part of who they are. Lorewise, the "Priest" gnomes use technology to heal, or learned from being with Dwarves. But they don't have the faith based beliefs to be the others.

Dunno what else to tell you here.
    Last edited by Oakshana; 2019-10-10 at 09:25 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Only class i would play Mechagnomes without option of Full-Mecha-Body, is Druid transformer - just to hide this horrible diaper amputee.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Reason why Mechagnome cant be Druids is because they were working on their Mech Suit instead.

You heard it here first.

Feel free to quote it on the 1th November.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

I actually noticed some dialogue on my shaman with one of the mechagnomes.. You basically ask what enhancements can do for you and presumably they explain how enhancements would, well, enhance your class. I can't quite remember the specifics, but they explained how enhancements could help shamans channel the elements. And with how shaman powers are explained for goblins, the class could quite easily work for mechagnomes as well
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post

Hell yes gimme mechagnome shamans.
    They could make some pretty cool dark shamans too. Bend the elements to your will and all that, by reforging them.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Mechagnome druids sounds pretty cool.

It also sounds like a huge stretch, but I could get behind it. Mechagnomes mimicking druidic powers by utilizing technology... that's fascinating. Especially if they actually learn from druids for some of it in an effort to try and improve the world in their own quirky way. Mechagon is a dump... having some of them want to try and preserve the environment and go to extremes to do so, is believable. However, it's a big stretch, and probably a lot of work (which is why Blizzard didn't want to do it; too much work to make models, etc. etc.).

Shaman makes no sense. Yes, they can utilize lightning, but they are basically the polar opposite of technology. They would need to develop new lore explaining why tech-savvy gnomes suddenly want to train shamans mastering the elements when they have gone an opposite path for technological advancement, which if anything will reduce their ability to master the elements.

"They can use lightning" is literally the only reason that someone would think this is a good idea, but shaman aren't just lighting rods. They commune with elementals, they use elemental-based powers. While their mechanical nature could improve their ability to cast lightning bolts, it wouldn't be elemental-based even then.

The only way shaman could work is if they completely undid everything that makes shaman shaman, just to give mechagnomes an extra class. Make mechagnomes abusing the elements because they can, etc. Doesn't feel like something they would do, or that anyone would be okay with. Let alone other shaman trainers or the Earthen Ring. Even goblins make deals with elementals, they don't go full Garrosh on them.

I'm really, really against mechagnome shaman. They are, IMHO, the worst of these three options.

Paladins feel even worse. If anything we should give paladins to the normal gnomes... or you know, night elves who have started training their own paladins, or worgen who came from a culture much closer to ones that trained paladins. Mechagnomes' only real ties to human culture are the Kul Tirans, and they are very much anti-paladin.

While not quite as bad as shaman, they still make no sense whatsoever and feel entirely out of nowhere. Alliance could use more paladins, but Mechagnomes are the wrong choice.

I definitely agree that mechagnomes would benefit from a unique class, but it would have to be the right one, and furthermore feel right. While mechagnome druids are a big stretch, I think Blizzard could make them work if they really, really wanted to, and it would be pretty damn cool. Paladins feel out of nowhere, and shamans feel entirely against their culture of technological improvement IMHO.

In short, I kind of think mechagnomes are just trapped into having the same classes gnomes do, and that's okay with me if it had to be that way. I don't want Blizzard to force bad class combos that contradict the race just to make them work. I'm not even entirely comfortable with druids, but again, I think it can work. Nothing else feels even slightly right.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2019-10-10 at 09:37 PM.

I could see them being a unique(ish) Shaman. Goblins have access to the class because of their bargaining skills, so I could see Mechagnomes having a logical connection to the elements. Almost a binary quality, where they express the notion of reciprocity as a means to an end. The elements need a conduit in this world, the Shaman can use that as a tool and the relationship is mutually beneficial. Give them some cool looking techno-totems and a whole lot of electricity powers, and it would be visually interesting.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They should have shamans. The game is past due giving different races different class themes and a mechagnome would be perfect to be throwing lightning slag and just super chargering there arms for things like windfury.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Gnomes don't have a connection to being a Paladin (Light), Druid (Nature) or Shaman (Elements). It's just not a part of who they are. Lorewise, the "Priest" gnomes use technology to heal, or learned from being with Dwarves. But they don't have the faith based beliefs to be the others.

Dunno what else to tell you here.
    TBH they can bullshit any connection.

You have a Mechagnome talking to some primal god of Hamsters and suddenly you have Mechagnome Druids. That's how Troll Druids came to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    The vulperas had those scrolls didn't they?

As a mage main, I take for granted the fact most races can be mages, taurens are typically the only one that can't (on the horde), which is fine. But magic isn't something that is hard to learn or you need to be special in any way for, and I think all the scrolls hidden in uldum, there could've been ones that taught them how to utilize arcane, assuming they didn't already know from elsewhere.
    Vulperas are crafty, i'll give you that. But they don't scream magic to me at all

Also, I may be forgetting some quest after all, but aren't the scrolls more of a Tortollan thing?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post

Stare into the abyss and it might stare back.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem I see with Mecha Shaman is that channeling all that lightning could fry their mechanics, or if the elements are like force lightning...you need living tissue to channel it from

15+ Year Old Account
    I think not giving them access to druid (with robotic animal forms and technological harnessing of nature) is a missed opportunity. Shaman and paladin would also inject some unique racial flavor into the class selections.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Only class i would play Mechagnomes without option of Full-Mecha-Body, is Druid transformer - just to hide this horrible diaper amputee.

https://imgur.com/eI2zmJm

This is how I will combat the diaper amputee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Where did the Vulpera study the Arcane?
    This one has a possible explanation. Seeing as how they are nomadic, and enjoy exploration, it's not out of the
    question for some to stumble upon ancient Arcane ruins and learn from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    and not whore it out like they do mages/rogues/warriors where EVERY race can have it.
    Warriors, Rogues, Hunters, and Mages to a slightly lesser extent, all make sense. There are no specific requirements
    for any one race to not have the capacity for either.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-10-10 at 10:01 PM.

I realize I sound as a party pooper. But I think they should be more limited to what classes they can be:
    Assuming Blizzard would give a shit about that.
    That excuse is brought when Blizzard doesn't feel like doing it and ignored if Blizzard wants to do it.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-10-10 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Electroshock shaman, transformer druid and tinker. Those are the real classes for mechagnomes
    If they gave the Mechagnome transformation animations for Druid Forms, I'm all over that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    The problem I see with Mecha Shaman is that channeling all that lightning could fry their mechanics, or if the elements are like force lightning...you need living tissue to channel it from
    Shamanism and Druidism don't work for Mechagnomes because they're too far removed from nature and spiritualism in relation to nature.

Why are they warlocks?
    gotta farm extra dimensional components from beyond the veil!
    How is a mechagnome able to be a monk?
    What ebtter training than to make themselves the tool! Complete the training by torqueing these components with solely your own hand
    What faith does a mechagnome have that allows him to become a priest?
    the undying faith that the system will compute!

01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01110101 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100111 01110011 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101
    Where did the Vulpera study the Arcane?
    Same place everyone else did... fucking elves.

The Mechagnomes' druid should have a Racoon as its cat form and a Honey Badger as its bear form.