Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 8.3 PTR - Build 32151

Patch 8.3 PTR - Build 32151
    A new build is on the way!

I really hope that backpack icon means that backpack will be something we can actually get as a transmog at some point. More backpacks would be absolutely desirable. And this is actually a very nice one.

It's probably the icon for either Rummage Your Bag or Vulpera Survival Kit.

@Jeymien Nah, that is definitely the icon for Wrathion's backpack.

Looks the same and the name of the pic is: INV_Backpack_Wrathion_C_01.png

Unfortunately that does not have to mean we actually get to use it ourselves. And even if we do, that it'll be a transmog, rather than an item we only have temporarily during a quest. Speaking of interesting items:
    INV_Back_Armor_Vulpera_D_01.png
    Now that one does seem to indicate an actual transmog item backpack for Vulpera.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2019-10-10 at 09:41 PM.

Hope this means the vulpera pack is no longer arbitrarily built into the chest armor, and is instead a 'backpack' that fits on the cloak slot. I don't care tremendously for the vulpera, but their racial armor is pretty sick, all things considered. That ridiculous pack would have held them back.

Otherwise, two of the other icons imply that they are armor for two other slots; they just feel like arbitrary filler armor for the feet (which will be bare obviously) and the bracers which could be anything... they won't be seen, at any rate. Not especially noteworthy, at any rate.

I'm more curious about the mechagnome icons. I wonder what they are doing? Mechagnome racials felt underwhelming and needed some help, so if they are fixing it... that's cool by me.

Wrathion Pack or whatever would be cool, of course, but until we know how its obtained I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

hold on hold on...hoooooooooold on...panda DK's?
    Last edited by kornek21; 2019-10-11 at 12:35 AM.

Panda DK's and All Allied Races...interesting...

You did. Looks really cool.

Now Blizz. Don't stop. Unlock the final race/class combos!

All you need are totems and druid forms.

... might need to reroll my DK to a panda for the lulz

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's go, LETS FUCKING GO!

WOOOO
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Wow.. The backpack thing is certainly going to get overseen now that they added freaking DKs to all Allied Races!

Honestly that sounds like another oversight to have left that in the files. Which would mean a lot of stressed folks at Blizz right now.. That's gotta suck. Still, the thing itself is probably going to make a lot of folks happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every allied race ?

So void elf or lightforge DK ? That would make 0 lore sense but hey, as long as they keep sucking that red juice everything's fine I guess...

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Allied Race Death Knights?? I can finally race change to something I like.

I was just talking to a friend this morning about wanting more DK options. I hope this actually means something and not just "Hey this is what could be if we let you become DK! "

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Every allied race ?

So void elf or lightforge DK ? That would make 0 lore sense but hey, as long as they keep sucking that red juice everything's fine I guess...
    I mean, it kind of does loosely if you really think about it. Becoming a death knight is not a willing change, no one that IS one asked to be, it was kind of forced onto them. No one (out side of Worgen) are immune to being raised. If you played through the Undead quests in Silverpine you would see that a group of humans chose to be Worgen so they couldn't be risen by Sylvanas.

HOWEVER, if you make a death knight, you can indeed be a worgen. Meaning that whatever power the Lich King used is stronger than what ever Sylvanas is using. Since he was able to bring back that which she could not. So by that logic, it means that Bolvar (if he is the one doing this) could likely raise both a Lightforged and a Void without issue and if he is the one, likely did not ask them if they wanted to be one to start with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Would race change my DK to Zandalari if this is true. I wonder what asspull they will create in the lore to allow this bastardization

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how I feel about extending the death knight class to the rest of the races. Blizzard can and will invent the lore to explain it away, but the whole "DK = WotLK = Arthas" playing experience... It's going to have to be really good to get players like me fully on board.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kornek21 View Post
    hold on hold on...hoooooooooold on...panda DK's?

- - - Updated - - -

panda DK, did i really read that right?...
    Well, if you want to get reeeeeeeeeeally technical... it wouldn't be the first time we've seen a pandaren death knight.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

This means new DKs are about to be raised. Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    Not sure why people seem to think this is much of a reach or a sudden 'asspull' of lore. Bolvar was raising new Death Knights during Legion, I absolutely expect Death Knights will get a revamped starting zone that involves Bolvar creating new Death Knights rather than trying to tie races like Mag'har into Arthas' Scourge.

there is an UD paladin somewhere too in game :P

i would be for the any race any class combo but don't thinks its going to happen !

gnome demon hunter hell yes ! pewpewpew small and fast

no thats not what she said :O

Looks like Bolvar is going to go on an allied race killing spree!

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Every allied race ?

it does make sense for lightforged. twisting and corrupting the light within them would make them very powerful dks.

idk about void elves though, how the void would react with the death energy.