Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Finally, Death Knights for ALL! cant wait to race change mine into vulpera!

Death Knight NPC Textures and The Lich King
    Along with the regular player races, Allied races and Pandaren got Death Knight NPC textures in this build.

It'd be nice, but I'm not going to worry about it YET we don't know if it's 100% and we don't know when, so keeping the hype levels down.

Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post
    Death Knight NPC Textures and The Lich King
    Along with the regular player races, Allied races and Pandaren got Death Knight NPC textures in this build.
    I wouldn't celebrate just yet. Yes, it'd be nice to have more race/class combos, but ARs death knights don't make much sense, lore-wise, so I'm wondering if it'll be actual playable AR DKs, or just NPCs.

After all, it could just be used for NPCs in the "Visions of N'Zoth" scenarios.

Plot twist: they're textures for a new Pandaren DK NPC newly created by Bolvar, we don't get to play Panda DKs

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I wouldn't celebrate just yet. Yes, it'd be nice to have more race/class combos, but ARs death knights don't make much sense, lore-wise, so I'm wondering if it'll be actual playable AR DKs, or just NPCs.

people theorize that it will be a new starting area for dks, so its with bolvar and darion creating new ones, from the corpses of the 4th war.

could be just for then, something minor, or something bigger like a lv squish+world revamp, new starting are for DKs at lv 1-10 like other classes.

Nothing makes sense lore wise.

We'll really just have to wait until Blizzcon to find out unless they add something in a ptr patch sooner. Some AR's make sense to be DKs but most are just MAYBE. Dark Irons, Pandaren, and Zandalari are the only ones i can think that work as they could have been present.

Blizzard had to do this, they are all in to get customers back. They banned chinese HS streamer and people now are protesting Blizzard in Hong Kong streets, other are boycotting Blizzard as well.

Don't get too excited. Nothing is confirmed yet. It's just a speculation based on some datamined textures. It can mean a lot of different things including more death knights but don't get your hopes too high becaue you might end up being dissapointed when they don't deliver. The only thing you can conclude for sure is that there will be something with Lich King in the next expansion, it's not the first time blizzard includes clues in the game files that point out theme of the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    We'll really just have to wait until Blizzcon to find out unless they add something in a ptr patch sooner. Some AR's make sense to be DKs but most are just MAYBE. Dark Irons, Pandaren, and Zandalari are the only ones i can think that work as they could have been present.
    That's kind of the point though, they wouldn't be shoehorning new races into the Wrath era starting zone. They would up updating the starting experience and updating the story in general by doing this. It would bring the starting zone into the BfA/new expac era.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    That's kind of the point though, they wouldn't be shoehorning new races into the Wrath era starting zone. They would up updating the starting experience and updating the story in general by doing this. It would bring the starting zone into the BfA/new expac era.
    Agreed. I just meant more as it stands now with the DK starting area

10+ Year Old Account
    The shitshow is real.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the things I've long been expecting is new race/class combos in 9.0. A lot of them, like Night Elf Paladins and Worgen/Goblin Monks. This only makes me think that is more likely.

If this is the case, we're almost certainly getting some sort of world revamp, at least to the DK starting zone. The mental gymnastics behind a Lightforged hanging around the Scarlet Crusade area talking to the Lightforged DK about their time on Argus is hard for me to fathom.

15+ Year Old Account
    Highly doubt it is what people think it is.

No chance there are LF or VE DKs. No chance there are mechagnome DKs.

Panda DKs, I could see. And people thinking this is somehow bad lore are really bizarre. The LK has continued to be active so why the hell would he not be instructing people to make new DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Highly doubt it is what people think it is.

No chance there are LF or VE DKs. No chance there are mechagnome DKs.

Panda DKs, I could see. And people thinking this is somehow bad lore are really bizarre. The LK has continued to be active so why the hell would he not be instructing people to make new DKs.
    A lot of people didn't do the legion DK questline and don't know that Bolvar has been raising new DKs, or having them raised.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Blizzard had to do this, they are all in to get customers back. They banned chinese HS streamer and people now are protesting Blizzard in Hong Kong streets, other are boycotting Blizzard as well.
    So they are soothsayers and could read into the future? Maybe you think they had this just waiting behind some in case of emergency glass, just waiting to be broken.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh lord, I can think of a few racials I'm scared to see on a death knight in pvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    A lot of people didn't do the legion DK questline and don't know that Bolvar has been raising new DKs, or having them raised.
    I mean, I guess. But he's even active during the BFA Voljin quest. Active enough, as in he ain't asleep.

Maybe blizz will finally revamp the starting zone for DK, so that's why new races can be DK