Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that they can even be priests is a joke let alone a shaman druid or paladin

Is this concern any different to what has been discussed in the past about race+class combinations. Should of seen the outrage when 4.0.3 (cataclysm) came out - holy schmokes!

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Electroshock shaman, transformer druid and tinker. Those are the real classes for mechagnomes
    haha yes!
    like totally dude-bro, I couldn't have said it better myself mang

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Shamanism and Druidism don't work for Mechagnomes because they're too far removed from nature and spiritualism in relation to nature.
    So its okay use Fel spells without Hands, and be Monk while being far removed from nature and spiritualism in relation to nature.Oki-Doki 1010101010010011101010010
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Both Vulpera and mechagnomes have weird class choices

Why are they warlocks?
    How is a mechagnome able to be a monk?
    What faith does a mechagnome have that allows him to become a priest?
    Where did the Vulpera study the Arcane?

I realize I sound as a party pooper. But I think they should be more limited to what classes they can be:

Vulpera: Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Shaman
    Mechagnome: Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Mage
    I have to agree with this. If anything, it doesn't make much sense for these races to have the classes they already have. If we go by the whole lore hogwash or "culture" thing, then vulpera should only be capable of being very basic jobs and maybe one closer to nature (shaman is probably a good fit), as are the ones you picked for ampugnomes, maybe warlock, but that is already borderline questionable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    This one has a possible explanation. Seeing as how they are nomadic, and enjoy exploration, it's not out of the
    question for some to stumble upon ancient Arcane ruins and learn from them.
    That's not really how it works. If "some lone individual of a race stumbles upon something" was a valid reason to explain class-race combination, then every single class option should be open to every single race in game. I'm not even against that tbh, it's Blizzard that insists on some bullshit about lore but then proceeds to step on it the next time they get the chance.

It's hard to find any class for either Mechagnomes or Vulpera that matches well, because we've hardly seen any classes for them displayed in-game.

Most Vulpera are rogues, hunters, or warriors in Vol'dun, but there's nothing saying they can't be anything else. We just didn't get to see that side of Vulpera culture.

Mechagnomes were almost entirely Tinkers, like most Gnomes. The closest would be warrior, though things like rogues and hunters work well (since they work well with every other race). Monks work fine, and lore-wise, mages work just fine as well (since Gnomes were originally Mechagnomes that were powered by magic - look at the shoulders and chests of the Mechagnomes in Northrend). There's nothing saying they can't be anything else, but we've never seen a Mechagnome warlock, monk, or priest ever.

Personally, I'd like to see more class-race combos that work, but aren't an exact match. Mechagnome druids that transform into their different forms. Mechagnome shamans, simply because they could electrocute other people (and we see Goblin totems that are machines that harness the elements).
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That's not really how it works. If "some lone individual of a race stumbles upon something" was a valid reason to explain class-race combination, then every single class option should be open to every single race in game. I'm not even against that tbh, it's Blizzard that insists on some bullshit about lore but then proceeds to step on it the next time they get the chance.
    Absolutely that's how it works. Unlike with other races, Vulpera are primarily known for being explorers. None of the other races are.

I come back to the forums, and what I see...Mecagnomes!! I wanted Rocket Pigs myself, now I am shafted.

But anyway, first reply to the OP is the Tinker class, this class will certainly be a thing one day or another, so this just makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGP View Post
    First of all, sorry if my english is not so good.

I loved Mechagnomes, i know that some people hate them and dont like this type of short races, but i like and love that Blizzard put it ingame. I understand the concern of other people about Horde got allways best things, and i agree with that. And i think that Blizzard need, in the next Allies Races, give to the Alliance a new race and a reskin race to the Horde, but lets wait whats happen. I play both sides and like both.

But well, lets go back to the topic. Loved Mechagnomes, loved their theme and all the other things about them. At the moment the customization in the PTR is not so good but hope that Blizzard create more customization options for them, because this race is a great opportunity to put new things ingame, with these mechanical options. And i think that they are going to put new customizations options before launch.

The real problem of Mechagnomes is not what they are, if you dont like them dont play them, there is options for all, the real problem is that they have the same classes options that Gnomes and less options that Vulpera (for example). Mechagnomes need something diferent in terms of class. And i see two great options here: Mechagnome Paladin or Mechagnome Shaman or who know Mechagnome Druids (Alliance has one less druid than Horde).

I really think that they are waiting Blizzcon or any other moment, before launch of 8.3, to announce a new class for them that is different that normal Gnomes. I see Paladin the best option for Mechagnomes. And i really hope that Blizzard is waiting another moment to made and announce. If Mechagnomes dont get something diferent from Gnomes i dont really understand why they put as Allied Race, does not make any sense.

What do you think?
    mechagnome druid, sham, priest, pala? realy?
    that sound kinda stupid even for wow i mean their whole race is focused on tech.

5+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari didnt have connection to FEL, but homeless fox-men and amputee have ........MIND-BLOWING.

Also Kul-tiran guys, sorry but ..... these new allied races ....... has so sicret connections with FEL magic .... so hush.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-10-11 at 05:44 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the fuss about certain races not able to be paladins, priests or mages. Learning about the arcane is written in books, much like wielding the light is based on faith.

Mechagnomes were one of the creations of the Titans and put on Azeroth as caretakers and servants (see Mimiron). Based on the WoW cosmic forces map, Order, Arcane and The Titans are all connected. The Titans made the Earthen, the Mechagnomes, the Troggs, etc...whom with the Curse of Flesh became Dwarves, Gnomes, Humans and so on.

Whether or not someone can wield the arcane should be out of the question - all of creation once came from Arcane, so everything should be able to wield it with training.

Everything should be able to be priest and paladin because it is faith based and one's connection with the light. A human, whom are the most basic in terms of creation, are able to wield these things through faith, so why not other races? Humans are raised as undead through death, and we have undead paladins in game as NPCs, but we can't be undead paladins...but we can be undead priests...? Same with night elf, during legion paladins were given a night elf order hall champion whom, as a priest, became a paladin...but we can't make a NE paladin?

I would even stretch to say every race/class combo should be allowed. In the cosmos of WoW, Reality is at the center of Light, Shadow, Order, Disorder, Life and Death. By branching out, the player character can and should be able to learn about the basic properties that make up these things, being Spirit, Water, Earth, Decay, Air and Fire.

It's silly to put restrictions on a lot of new lore, because lore that was written years ago didn't have certain race/class combinations.

We can summon demons from the nether, bring blizzards down on our enemies, wield the strongest weapons imaginable and kill the strongest things imaginable, but ya'll say it's stupid to even think maybe the mechagnomes could design themselves to transform themselves into a mechanocat/bear? And night elves have strong enough faith to be priests (Tyrande their leader to be one of the strongest priests - now a night warrior) can't combine their warrior might to become a paladin? CMON people...be real with yourselves! It's a fun game full of fiction! These things can happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    Mechagnomes were one of the creations of the Titans and put on Azeroth as caretakers and servants (see Mimiron).
    Personally I did not know that so thank you. I should have checked Mecagnomes lore.

I don't understand the fuss about certain races not able to be paladins, priests or mages. Learning about the arcane is written in books, much like wielding the light is based on faith.

Mechagnomes were one of the creations of the Titans and put on Azeroth as caretakers and servants (see Mimiron). Based on the WoW cosmic forces map, Order, Arcane and The Titans are all connected. The Titans made the Earthen, the Mechagnomes, the Troggs, etc...whom with the Curse of Flesh became Dwarves, Gnomes, Humans and so on.

Whether or not someone can wield the arcane should be out of the question - all of creation once came from Arcane, so everything should be able to wield it with training.

Everything should be able to be priest and paladin because it is faith based and one's connection with the light. A human, whom are the most basic in terms of creation, are able to wield these things through faith, so why not other races? Humans are raised as undead through death, and we have undead paladins in game as NPCs, but we can't be undead paladins...but we can be undead priests...? Same with night elf, during legion paladins were given a night elf order hall champion whom, as a priest, became a paladin...but we can't make a NE paladin?

I would even stretch to say every race/class combo should be allowed. In the cosmos of WoW, Reality is at the center of Light, Shadow, Order, Disorder, Life and Death. By branching out, the player character can and should be able to learn about the basic properties that make up these things, being Spirit, Water, Earth, Decay, Air and Fire.

It's silly to put restrictions on a lot of new lore, because lore that was written years ago didn't have certain race/class combinations.

We can summon demons from the nether, bring blizzards down on our enemies, wield the strongest weapons imaginable and kill the strongest things imaginable, but ya'll say it's stupid to even think maybe the mechagnomes could design themselves to transform themselves into a mechanocat/bear? And night elves have strong enough faith to be priests (Tyrande their leader to be one of the strongest priests - now a night warrior) can't combine their warrior might to become a paladin? CMON people...be real with yourselves! It's a fun game full of fiction! These things can happen!
    The more I see it, the more I see that World of Warcraft is a dream, so everything comes true like magic is, so I agree with you generally speaking.

Still I think that a few restrictions make the game bigger. I hated BE paladins back then, I'd hate goblin paladins if they come, but maybie I play the wrong game (probly).

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    mechagnomes, and a few other races, just highlight how badly wow needs to make classes be re-skinned for certain races.

they could have a paladin(assume all classes i talk about here would also be re-named to fit their new looks) class that uses mechanical electricity instead of light, shaman that use all electricity, that kind of shit.

just more strong arguments for "class skins" as it was called when it was a big fad a while back to talk about.
    I assume other games do this, but SWTOR did this very well with the Sith vs Jedi classes. For example a Jedi Sage and Sith Sorcerer were the exact same class in terms of gameplay, but spell animations and names were different.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It seems a bit quick and lazy to just give them the usual gnome options so I agree with you. Mechagnomes going the way of balance with shamans, paladins and druids would make them be way more dope as an allied race and adds way more class fantasy to them than what's already available. The way their lore is you could let them be every class imo. I think at this point that is true for the majority of the available playable races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    mechagnome druid, sham, priest, pala? realy?
    that sound kinda stupid even for wow i mean their whole race is focused on tech.
    So? That fact doesn't mean they have to be soulless and unnaturally out of touch with the world around them. Isn't that exactly why they're revolting against their ruler in the first place?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    Personally I did not know that so thank you. I should have checked Mecagnomes lore.

The more I see it, the more I see that World of Warcraft is a dream, so everything comes true like magic is, so I agree with you generally speaking.

Still I think that a few restrictions make the game bigger. I hated BE paladins back then, I'd hate goblin paladins if they come, but maybie I play the wrong game (probly).
    Definitely. I agree with you there. There should be some restrictions to keep the fantasy in the game. I was speaking generally, as you stated, but for the most part...if something CAN happen, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be allowed. Warriors and Hunters are the two classes that any race can be. From a logical standpoint, being strong/able to wield a weapon or hunting/having a companion, makes sense for anyone to be able to do. Much like the real world, we gain expertise of other things that don't come easy through teachings and reciprocation. In a fantasy world like WoW, I just don't see how teaching someone to interact with certain parts of the cosmos is a far fetched idea.

Like woah...you're a talking panda or fox...you can throw fireballs, but hold up!... Learning about the light and trying to tame the demon you're fighting is too much for you...

But for sure...there are some things that would just be awkward...like a goblin paladin or tauren rogue. If there were anything definitive that I would add though to the all race list, would be Death Knights and Monks. Being a monk is an IRL thing that can be taught...so every race in a fantasy game should be able to be a monk. DKs were just raised characters under the control of the lich king whom broke free of his will...so making all the other dying characters of any race to be raised as a free willed death knight should be allowed - which we might get according to the recent data mining

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    It seems a bit quick and lazy to just give them the usual gnome options so I agree with you. Mechagnomes going the way of balance with shamans, paladins and druids would make them be way more dope as an allied race and adds way more class fantasy to them than what's already available. The way their lore is you could let them be every class imo. I think at this point that is true for the majority of the available playable races.
    Why would they be every class? They are gnomes with a stuck up fetish for gnome royalty (which got heavily downplayed in the pathetic representation ingame) and turning themselves back into titan minions. They have had zero connection with the outside world (for some reason, despite being right next to Kul Tiras) and therefore never met neither paladins, celestial forces, nature nor anything of that matter at all. They should maybe have shamans for the lightning "lulz" and goblins already shat on shaman lore to the point of making it meaningless, but nothing about their lore really screams "we can be everything". If anything, their racial lore paints them as the most narrow minded people yet.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

QFT, excellent post, pass it on to blizz.

They'll either listen or eventually put in a tinkerclass that lets players change and use abilities from multiple classes at once, if not morph into entire class specs at regular changing intervals because science and magic! I imagine then that they'll probably find it easier to just go the ghostbuster tinker route

Both new races have absolutely nonsense class options, so at this point, it's time to stop pretending there are lore reasons for any class/race combinations. Unlock everything. There've been night elves in the Alliance long enough to learn how to be paladins, and forsaken have been chums with trolls and orcs for fifteen years; undead shaman time.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Why would they be every class? They are gnomes with a stuck up fetish for gnome royalty (which got heavily downplayed in the pathetic representation ingame) and turning themselves back into titan minions. They have had zero connection with the outside world (for some reason, despite being right next to Kul Tiras) and therefore never met neither paladins, celestial forces, nature nor anything of that matter at all. They should maybe have shamans for the lightning "lulz" and goblins already shat on shaman lore to the point of making it meaningless, but nothing about their lore really screams "we can be everything". If anything, their racial lore paints them as the most narrow minded people yet.
    You play as well as help the rebels, not the the classist utilitarian ideologues thinking full mechanization brings them closer to their maker. You'll play as the spirited and pragmatic ones that see the error in their leaders ways and who get massacred for it. Besides that most of your points fall flat now that they have been exposed to the outside world and have the opportunity to learn more walks of life.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-10-11 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    You play as well as help the rebels, not the the classist elitist ideologues thinking full mechanization brings them closer to their maker. You'll play as the spirited and pragmatic ones that see the error in their leaders ways and who get massacred for it.
    They still come from the same culture, they rebelled very recently. Why would they of all people be stuff that they learned about just yesterday, when we have races that had decades of exposure and still haven't adopted?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, if the introduce a Druid Mechagnome like they did with the Zandalari, that are not even called Druids but Dinomancers, then it could be done without affecting the lore.