Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Current implementation would be fine for me if you could actually GRIND the essences. If I could spend 10 hours doing some stupid shit in Nazjatar to get my Lucid Dream rank 3? Sure why not. Logging in every day for weeks for 30 mins at a time to get it? Fucking kill me.

They could at least stop spamming the message "An Essence slot is available. Shift Right click to view." every time we open character info, most of my characters only have 1 essence(The Crucible of Flame (rank 1)), telling me I have a new essence slot available is 100% pointless since I don't have any more essences to fill that slot.

I don't have a main character anymore btw, what keeps me playing WoW is jumping from character to character each time I get bored and because of that the "Heart of Azeroth" and essence system is pretty much wasted content to me.

I'm already far, far behind on gear and necklace level, I don't think a little help with the essences would be too much to ask, at least some of them.
    Last edited by Exeris; 2019-10-10 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Current implementation would be fine for me if you could actually GRIND the essences. If I could spend 10 hours doing some stupid shit in Nazjatar to get my Lucid Dream rank 3? Sure why not. Logging in every day for weeks for 30 mins at a time to get it? Fucking kill me.
    I agree with this.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    What are you even talking about, I never mentioned having 40 alts anywhere in my post.

Do you have anything intelligent to bring as an argument or are you just going to keep behaving like a little child?
    I hope the guy you quoted isn't representative of the entire Mythic raids community... He speaks as the stereotypical no-life basement dweller who plays 16 hours a day, lmao.

As for mailing gear to your alts, you can already do that in Path of Exile, and that !@#$ is far more hardcore than anything in WoW except maybe Mythic progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    What replayability? If all your toons have access to the same esscences then there is less replayability.

You don't need 12 characters with bis esscences. You're not method. Your Alts don't deserve to have esscences at all unless you do the content that is required. You are even gifted a reasonably good one just be upgrading your neck. You would have another level 3 one for all of your characters if you had spent 2hrs a day doing mech island every day. There's one you earn from a dungeon that is super easy to get. That's three right there that take minimum effort from just playing the game without a grind. If you haven't got this for every toon then you obviously don't play your Alts and they have no need for esscences at all.
    Let me see... so 2 hours on 12 characters a day.... 24 hours a day Shame on me for not having it in all my alts, right? Oh and on the 25th hour I should probably do 72x Mechagon runs to get rank 3 VoP on them all as well. 12 man multiboxing maybe?

Essences
    Reputation.
    And everything that is a fucking grind or timegated should be accwide

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    What are you even talking about, I never mentioned having 40 alts anywhere in my post.

Do you have anything intelligent to bring as an argument or are you just going to keep behaving like a little child?
    40 alts its example cus i know 3 people who have 40 alt army ^^, i play main + 3 alts and farmed all essences to rank 3. Just play game and dont cry u cant farm all essences fast for your stupid alt army

Tbh I think Mists did it well where once you were exalted with a faction you could buy tokens that increase rep gain from all characters on that account (not sure if you had to get one for both Alliance and Horde) with that faction. This was at least a reasonable solution.

It would very interesting to see if they did some kind of catch-up mechanic for essences or made it simpler for alts whether that would increase or decrease playtime. I've leveled a few 120s now but am only focusing on two characters due to Essences. Grinding for them on each and every character sucks complete butt.

At least Legion wasn't too bad with alts, especially after they implemented the system where you could purchase specific leggos. Something like that would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by marcinek View Post
    40 alts its example cus i know 3 people who have 40 alt army ^^, i play main + 3 alts and farmed all essences to rank 3. Just play game and dont cry u cant farm all essences fast for your stupid alt army
    This translates to not having any real life responsibilities at all.

Having all essences rank 3 on 4 different characters, that's an insane amount of game time.

Hmm... not even sure this is possible. Farming 50000 honor on 4 characters for blood of the enemy rank 3. Would this even be possible?
    I mean, essences havent been out for that long. June?

I call lies.
    Last edited by d00mh4cker; 2019-10-11 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    This translates to not having any real life responsibilities at all.

Having all essences rank 3 on 4 different characters, that's an insane amount of game time.

Hmm... not even sure this is possible. Farming 50000 honor on 4 characters for blood of the enemy rank 3. Would this even be possible?
    I mean, essences havent been out for that long. June?

I call lies.
    Have all bis essences on rank 3 why i would farm useless pvp essence ?

At least have a MAJOR catch up system.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by marcinek View Post
    Have all bis essences on rank 3 why i would farm useless pvp essence ?
    Guess your not playing Rogue or WW monk then. Good for you.

I still call BS.
    What 3 bis essences do you have on what 4 characters?

agree with op 100%. I got 12 chars, only my main has good essences.

The way essences work shouldn't even be in the game at all. It's a bad system. It's like Legion's artifacts with stupid extra steps made solely to get up those MAU numbers (which I don't think works. Most normal people probably see this and go "Fuck this shit. I'm going to play something else."). Making it account wide is like duct taping a gushing wound. Which is pretty much the running theme of BFA, I guess. Battle for Bad Decisions!

(Also, maybe I'm crazy here, but I think things should just be earned by playing and doing things that are fun. That's why most people hate this kind of stuff. It's tedium put in there to extend your subscription time.)

Seriously though, who likes these kind of things? I'd much rather have a linear progression for these sort of things. Which is how it used to be, back when you got a lot of abilities while leveling and whatnot. Now everything is tied to something, which is tied to something, which is tied to something, which is tied to something else. Like, I'm fine with that for just normal gear. But it's not just something for obtaining gear anymore, it's annoyingly tedious and tied to everything you do now, and it's blatantly done just to shore up the hours you play, rather to be anything of any meaningful fun to the actual end user. Shit like that is why the MMORPG genre is kind of in a rough spot in the general public consciousness, and why other genres that have aped from it, and didn't take all of that bad baggage with it have stolen so many people from it. It like... has so much trouble, it'd seem, escaping from it's trappings. At least WoW does. (The monetary based trappings, anyways)
    Last edited by Otimus; 2019-10-11 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    The way essences work shouldn't even be in the game at all. It's a bad system. It's like Legion's artifacts with stupid extra steps made solely to get up those MAU numbers (which I don't think works. Most normal people probably see this and go "Fuck this shit. I'm going to play something else."). Making it account wide is like duct taping a gushing wound. Which is pretty much the running theme of BFA, I guess. Battle for Bad Decisions!

(Also, maybe I'm crazy here, but I think things should just be earned by playing and doing things that are fun. That's why most people hate this kind of stuff. It's tedium put in there to extend your subscription time.)

This scares me. It felt empty without artifact abilities coming into BFA. As if something from the rotation was missing. I felt weaker.
    Now we're used to better regen with lucid dreams, shorter CDs with vision, solid AOE option with focusing iris, having a pvp ability in pve with conflict.

Are we gonna feel the same way in next expansion? Empty, weak etc.

God I hate essences.
    Im gearing up a prot warrior and need to do Operation: Mechagon over and over again, get to exhalted with Rustbolt once again.