Poll: Brox vs Sylvanas

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Didn't Malfurion say to Saurfang that he was helping "the enemy of life itself" or something along those lines? Might be a hint.
    probably something like that.

i'd bet that was what they intended that scene to be, but since everyone only knew of her explosive black arrows, we all took it as that. now with the context of the last cinematic, we can know "well shit, this is why she thought she could fight malfurion". seems it doesn't one shot malfurion though, or his life magic counters it enough to keep it from killing him outright.

we see in game that he's still winning the fight though, even with her new powers. so she's amped all to hell, but still not quite malfurion level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I know what Sorotia was referring to. The thing is, that's not Sylvanas "oozing some Old God juju". It's her channeling a spell for a moment and then stopping. It's not any more oozing than it is when my Warlock channels a spell and its hands glow the same shade of purple and then I jump.
    That seems like baseless speculation to me. It *could* be that, or it could be Sylvanas using some form of energy to strength and/or fortify herself. It could be *anything*, really. But the fact that the cinematic focuses on it specifically should be a pretty big clue that it's not insignificant, and not just an aborted spell or some such - it was painstakingly rendered for a reason.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Hmmm, Malfurion "running away", huh?

"You think that I'm running from you? Apparently, you've never fought elves before."

Nice, thanks for pointing out yet another way she's the Lich Queen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Sylvanas made slashing Saurfang look so easy I'd say she'd win against Brox too.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That seems like baseless speculation to me. It *could* be that, or it could be Sylvanas using some form of energy to strength and/or fortify herself. It could be *anything*, really. But the fact that the cinematic focuses on it specifically should be a pretty big clue that it's not insignificant, and not just an aborted spell or some such - it was painstakingly rendered for a reason.
    And what Sorotia said doesn't? And gee, whatever could the thing that stopped the instant Sylvanas did some additional hand movement be. It's not like this was happening when she was asking Saurfang why she should even bother with Saurfang's challenge and stopped (totally not by Sylvanas of course) when he convinced her. Sylvanas obviously couldn't have been entertaining the thought to blast her entire opposition like she blasted Saurfang later on before Saurfang made her agree to the duel, with the visual both indicating that in retrospect, as well as hinting what was to come in the Mak'gora. Because apparently the basics of visual storytelling and Okham's razor both went up and died shortly before the cinematic was revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Sylvanas made slashing Saurfang look so easy I'd say she'd win against Brox too.
    Ehh, Brox died still in his prime and didn't have a year of depression weighting him down. Then again if Sylvanas actually used her bow that she's most proficient in instead of dancing with daggers for extra lols Brox would get an arrow in his eye before he'd manage to tell her how much he wants to commit suicide by enemy soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Doesn’t the novel say that Malfurion did not want to enter the battle with Sylvanas because he knew that he could be surrounded and killed?
    Not that I recall of. Maybe Elegy does, but I'd need to reread it. Then again when he launched his attack against Saurfang he did that in the middle of a Horde camp, where he was wrecking everyone in range, so I'm not sure if he really concerned himself with Horde soldiers all that much.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-10-11 at 12:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Ehh, Brox died still in his prime and didn't have a year of depression weighting him down. Then again if Sylvanas actually used her bow that she's most proficient in instead of dancing with daggers for extra lols Brox would get an arrow in his eye before he'd manage to tell her how much he wants to commit suicide by enemy soldier.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that I recall of. Maybe Elegy does, but I'd need to reread it.
    I hope your first sentence is sarcasm.
    Arthas cut the arrows of Sylvanas on the fly. I hope, you don't think Brox is worse?

Magic is not forbidden on Mak'gora, if you talk about it
    depends entierely on the rules set by the participants

Mak'gora can go from being a no holds barred brawl to a fist fight depending on how they agree to do it

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    And what Sorotia said doesn't? And gee, whatever could the thing that stopped the instant Sylvanas did some additional hand movement be. It's not like this was happening when she was asking Saurfang why she should even bother with Saurfang's challenge and stopped (totally not by Sylvanas of course) when he convinced her. Sylvanas obviously couldn't have been entertaining the thought to blast her entire opposition like she blasted Saurfang later on before Saurfang made her agree to the duel, with the visual both indicating that in retrospect, as well as hinting what was to come in the Mak'gora. Because apparently the basics of visual storytelling and Okham's razor both went up and died shortly before the cinematic was revealed.
    No, because Sorotia was giving a possible reason for why it was focused on, and you were just attempting to dismiss it - at least until you re-framed your argument here, which I would say is a better form of speculation at least. Though I don't really agree with your takeaway very much, it is at least more within the realm of narrative possibility. Occam's Razor doesn't really lend itself to your argument, either; as it is doubtful Sylvanas would act in such a way in the context of having just been challenged to Mak'gora and ostensibly wanting/needing to keep the loyalty of the Horde. She blasts Saurfang later because she had already outed herself and it no longer mattered what her conduct was - prior to that, she was still at least playing at being the Warchief.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Are we talking about Sylvanas with or without auto-win old god powers? If we're talking the former, and we're talking a Broxigar that isn't old and decrepit, yeah, he'd tear her apart though he'd take a beating in the process. It wouldn't be a one sided fight, but you can be sure it would be one that isn't in her favor.

However, this doesn't account for her plot armor or her automatic win old-god powers, she's obviously win in those cases by default. She's been abusing the power of plot armor for years, but I think it's just starting to wear thin... then again...
    Unless Sylvanas used her bow and sniped Broxigar from range. Or just flew through him like she did to soldiers in BfA cinematic. And given how Sylvanas is repeatedly forced to not use the stark majority of her powers whenever fighting someone because Blizzard wants that person to survive, or simply forgets about their existence like happened with Genn after she already poisoned him with her arrow, the claim that it's Sylvanas that has plot armor in this story is flat out laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Unless Sylvanas used her bow and sniped Broxigar from range. Or just flew through him like she did to soldiers in BfA cinematic. And given how Sylvanas is repeatedly forced to not use the stark majority of her powers whenever fighting someone because Blizzard wants that person to survive, or simply forgets about their existence like happened with Genn after she already poisoned him with her arrow, the claim that it's Sylvanas that has plot armor in this story is flat out laughable.
    i don't think she could get away with flying through him, i feel like the axe would tear her banshee form apart due to the fact that's coursing with life energy.

she'd need to rely on her speed and bow, i don't think she'd be stupid enough to try to cross blades with him.

but what that other person said is also true, broxigar likely far outclasses arthas as a warrior could potentially slice her arrows out of the air. but how much of that was frostmourne guiding arthas' hand and not his own skill? every time arthas failed at melee combat, it was frostmourne's sentience that saved his ass, like when fighting anasterian and illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by krouger View Post
    Lol man malfurion had her pinned down when saurfang wounded him and saved sylvanas. Remember brox was able to injure sargeras himself with an axe made out of tree. So i dont see big chances that sylvanas will be able to beat him
    Malfurion was being hurled through the air by Sylvanas right before Saurfang chucked the axe into his back.
    Even if you don't want to take what's in the novel (A Good War) as cannon, entangling roots in game isn't exactly a death-knell.

A simple warrior would never actually even be able to touch even an average Mage or other spellcaster, it is only because of game mechanics that even allows warriors and rogues a chance. Point being, no, Brox could team up with Varok, Garrosh and even Grom, all four couldn't take Sylvanas down even if they fought the best of their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Malfurion was being hurled through the air by Sylvanas right before Saurfang chucked the axe into his back.
    Even if you don't want to take what's in the novel (A Good War) as cannon, entangling roots in game isn't exactly a death-knell.
    Malfurion's use of it in the Darkshore Warfront cut-scene is, when it apparently goes through an Orc Grunt and drags them kicking and screaming into the earth. The standard Druid usage of the spell isn't much to worry about, but Malfurion is far from the standard Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    A simple warrior would never actually even be able to touch even an average Mage or other spellcaster, it is only because of game mechanics that even allows warriors and rogues a chance. Point being, no, Brox could team up with Varok, Garrosh and even Grom, all four couldn't take Sylvanas down even if they fought the best of their lives.
    Do you mean Grommash who killed Cenarius in solo? I'm sure he has no chance against the banshee

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    woyer vs death-banshee-magic-dark ranger (that can also casually block orcs axe/sword strikes with daggers)

what do you think
    Damn sad they'd write and even animate that opposed to just have her effortlessly dodging.

Do you mean Grommash who killed Cenarius in solo? I'm sure he has no chance against the banshee
    Grom with his blood infused fel army* (again point being, magic of sorts involved to even allow him a chance).

Brox would have never been a traitor so we wouldn't have to worry about it.

Hypothetically though, he would do much better than Varok. But ultimately Sylvanas would cut him down.

its a large stretch to assume that Axe of Cenarius can lolnope jsut by touching all of Sylvanas insta-death magic/banshee abilities, because it "flows with life energy"

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    thats a bit of an exaggeration, but yea, in lore skilled/non-PIS ranged & magic > regular warriors

also, undead Sylvanas doesnt shoot regular arrows like Ranger-General Sylvanas, she has all kinds of arrows, including Black Arrows, and whatever explosion it is that sent Malfurion slamming through trees

also Im pretty sure Cenarius brawled with Fel-Grom in melee

and also I personally put Fel-Grom that killed Cenarius and Mannoroth as above Brox (if both have equal weapons)

Pretty sure I would win with my blade (Ret Pally main for life). Other than that, uhm...

Pretty sure Sylvanas, though up close, Brox would solo.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Why parry,just fly above and bombard with nukes, SUPERWOMAN. (with her speed...... gosh she can just throw little rocks at his head and still killing him in 1-2 min)

its Same shit, Superman VS Persuader.
    when at the end of the mak'gora ,when she gtfo and reach the clouds in like 1 second i was like "the hell is that speed ? can anyone in the verse can catch up to that beside teleport ?"