Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Yeah how can you be one with your "inner body" with Chi... When more than half of your body is robotic.
    Warcraft has a lot in common with DnD, it takes its roots from it.
    There are monks in DnD and they are thematically similar to WoW monks - Chi energy, martial arts and stuff. Yet, there are a Warforged in DnD - a race of literall robots. And they can be monks. Because they have souls.

Chi is more like a soul energy, I think. Mechagnomes have souls, just like Forsaken have souls.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if any of the Pandaren DK will be people we know? Like Taran Zhu as a Death Knight, Mudmug as a Death Knight or even Chen. Use a Rune Keg to beat the everloving shit out of enemies

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Yeah how can you be one with your "inner body" with Chi... When more than half of your body is robotic.
    If it was my job to come up with an excuse for it, I'd say that they know themselves better than most gnomes, since they've gone through a process to "ascend" to perfection, and then realized halfway through that they're happier the way they are.

It's bullshit, but, y'know, anything goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I wonder if any of the Pandaren DK will be people we know? Like Taran Zhu as a Death Knight, Mudmug as a Death Knight or even Chen. Use a Rune Keg to beat the everloving shit out of enemies
    All three of those are alive.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    well, we rise the 4 horsemen, only them.
    Besides that wasnt realy a choice for them, they just got ressed and deal with it.

New ones that are willing to change is a whole other story tbh.

I mean yea.. kill mee and ress me sounds kinda silly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

All three of those are alive.
    Now. But who knows what's going to happen in 8.3, or the pre-patch

Any other theories?

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    i don't know about you guys, but i started to think Bolvar is just an asshole
    Pish tosh, "so I heard you guys nearly wiped each other out in that big war, no big, I zombified some of your old solders for you. You're welcome!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    It's canon that alcohol doesn't have the same effect on the undead. Truly, the forcefully sober pandaren death knights will be the edgiest of them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Volendrung View Post
    The DK class hall story literally involves you making new DKs, and you can't convince me that none of the ARs or pandas would have been rezzed by now.
    Did not realize this. That's a perfectly valid explanation for why new races might be unlocked for the class. Lightforged Draenei Death Knights will be interesting though...

well, we rise the 4 horsemen, only them.
    Pretty sure all of the death knights we've been training have been "new" death knights, as well. Gotta sustain those losses and the recruits gotta come from somewhere.

I don't get why people think Bolvar needs a justifiable reason to raise new death knights. He doesn't care. He just doesn't want to piss of the Alliance/Horde enough to attack him, and provided he does not do that, he will do whatever. It's been shown blatantly that he doesn't have a conscience. He is empty inside. But he has his own goals and plans, and is willing to risk them all by pissing off the Horde/Alliance and being taken out. For all we know, this may have been in progress since he convinced Tirion to make him the Lich King...

SO, we are getting pandas and AR Death Knight NPCs....

It is possible that we might actually lose against n'zoth or a lot of the population will die and the black empire will rise, forcing bolvar to rezz new DKs?
    Its the only explanation i could think of.

Any theories out there?
    could be also that thanks to piles of dead created in 4th war bolvar have resources to create more of minions
    Last edited by brt2pp; 2019-10-13 at 11:18 PM.

Bolvar and the Knights of the Ebon Blade raised fallen soldiers in Legion, so he's probably doing the same with dead Horde and Alliance members in BfA. There are plenty of them to go around, after all.

What makes it interesting to me, though, is whether Bolvar sends out his agents to recover said dead faction members.

I do hope they add some unique customization options to allied race death knights. Specifically black hair for void elves. It's in the game files - you can see it on mmo-champion's model viewer. Hair color #9. I've been upset about this lack of implementation since void elves were released.

Quote Originally Posted by runebobo View Post
    Did not realize this. That's a perfectly valid explanation for why new races might be unlocked for the class. Lightforged Draenei Death Knights will be interesting though...
    The Lich King's power to raise people into DKs seems to thwart almost every other possible blessing or force. This is a point that's been around since Catacylsm when we got Worgen death knights - the Worgen curse makes them immune to being raised as forsaken by Val'kyr, but the Lich King's power is on a whole other level which lets him brute force raise them as death knights.

Probably going to be the same with Lightforged and Void Elves, Bolvar's power just overpowers and smothers out the light blessing and void corruption.