Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Promises like things of tight knit and loving community and that your spec wont matter even if you want to play a Ret Paladin. That Classic will usher in a new age for Warcraft and bring back what has been missing all of these years. I and others said it was a bunch of BS and it will never happen...things have changed in 10-15 years...

That everyone will hold hands in a circle and sing (Which is ironic as people are bitching that the exact thing is actually kind happening in the WoW story) but it was all a lie. Even when content is faceroll people will still care about optimizing. That bringing back a old game isn't going to magically bring back a old community.
    The big lie is just that the community changed.

As a vanilla raider I don't see a big difference between vanilla raiding and todays progression raiding. Vanilla was a bit more hardcore since many people did know what it takes for progression raiding and 4+ raiddays a week were accepted as a "casual" thing. Today its more like 2 raiddays tops.

The big lie is that people tell you they did play vanilla as a progression raider. There is never proof they played, there is never proof that they can compare it to todays game from their own experience.

-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well it was a nice 1 month of playing before the inevitable "OmG WhY Do YoU pLaY X SpEc ThIs CoNtEnT iS So hard and needs to be no lifed in 2019 WiTh pERfect BiS cOMP!!"

Also the fact if you're not decked out in tier1 already you're a noob.

Guess what, some people prefer the journey not the destination and actually work now.

Enjoy loot dramas over MC for the next few months while blizz drag their feet to get those subs for quarterly reports and you cant even BG to at least do something outside of the gear grind.
    Good, one less cry baby.

Gotta say I agree.. I never met ppl who cared about gear in vanilla when I played 15 years ago, as long as you were not green for MC and not blue for aq40.

Now I see people demanding full BIS +2 fireprotection potions to just kill onyxnia with 40man raid ^^ that is overkill by miles. Not going to spend hundreds of gold on buying greens on AH

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well it was a nice 1 month of playing before the inevitable "OmG WhY Do YoU pLaY X SpEc ThIs CoNtEnT iS So hard and needs to be no lifed in 2019 WiTh pERfect BiS cOMP!!"

Guess what, some people prefer the journey not the destination and actually work now.

Enjoy loot dramas over MC for the next few months while blizz drag their feet to get those subs for quarterly reports and you cant even BG to at least do something outside of the gear grind.
    i think my favourite "elitists" if you can call them that are the people who are max level ganking people who are 15+ levels below them and then spamming the "g o t o r e t a i l" in say chat. as if any of them could actually dual one on one with someone their own level.....

You are highly overexaggurating.

First of all, since you seem like a person who plays casually, you should stick to others who play casually. Why would you even mix yourself with those so called nolifers?

This is nothing new either, casuals whining about people who play more being elitists, and hardcore players whining about casuals.

Just find people you want to play with, writing here won't help you.
    <Progress> - Firemaw EU

A lot of people are elitists cause they know what they are doing by now (we would think), but they are just angry internet people who think they are center of the world after having so much power in retail to 1 shot content by themselves

Dude just find a nice guild that fits you.

I am currently in a big and nice guild and have no issues whatsoever.

over 17k posts and yet so clueless about the game XD

a few times i couldnt get into groups that were LFM for a dps... while i was ret paladin

they were brainwashed by the internet memes... even though ive been able to shit on ppl with my ret... buff ppl... self heals... and shit on ppl more with my engineering capped for throw dynamite and dropping battle chickens...yes battle chickens... they do big damage.

Edit- even if i wasnt doing high/top damage, i feel like people dont understand the following

-the value of buffs and auras
    -the ability to offtank crap like Eraninkus
    -Stuns
    -emergency offheals

blinded by indivual meters.
    Last edited by Samuraijake; 2019-10-11 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    a few times i couldnt get into groups that were LFM for a dps... while i was ret paladin

they were brainwashed by the internet memes... even though ive been able to shit on ppl with my ret... buff ppl... self heals... and shit on ppl more with my engineering capped for throw dynamite and dropping battle chickens...yes battle chickens... they do big damage.
    Ret does not "shit on" anyone except other rets, lol

and no, battle chickens do not "do big damage" at all, stop lying.

....First time on the internet?
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

You wanted classic.

You got classic.

What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post

Edit- even if i wasnt doing high/top damage, i feel like people dont understand the following

-the value of buffs and auras
    -the ability to offtank crap like Eraninkus
    -Stuns
    -emergency offheals

blinded by indivual meters.
    People want play meme speces and now crying people dont want them ......

Elitists have been poisoning the wow community since day 1. They exist on classic, they exist on retail.

It’s on you to ignore them, blacklist them, and find a cool guild or group with friends so you lessen the odds of interacting with unpleasant PuGs. Just like retail.

I call bullshit.

I've been playing (unhealthy amounts), including non-popular specs\classes and that's not a concern. There's the occasional group like that, but you can just join another group, start your own, whatever.

If you let an occasional group\person bring you down with that (which is absolutely legitimate from them), then you will always suffer from this, regardless of game or activity you do.

Just do what you want, play what you prefer, you'll always find people or groups for said activities.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I call bullshit.

I've been playing (unhealthy amounts), including non-popular specs\classes and that's not a concern. There's the occasional group like that, but you can just join another group, start your own, whatever.

If you let an occasional group\person bring you down with that (which is absolutely legitimate from them), then you will always suffer from this, regardless of game or activity you do.

Just do what you want, play what you prefer, you'll always find people or groups for said activities.
    5 man dungeons - Sure. I think he is referring to raiding content though.

Not a lot of groups are going to bring a Protection paladin to main tank MC.

Boomkins suck

Survival hunters aren't going to be brought into MC.

Raiding content in vanilla requires a raiding spec. There are so many posts about how this game doesn't cater to how people want to play it - THAT'S THE POINT! And that's why WoW is in the boring state that it is in. Because the game was changed to cater to people who want less work, more rewards, and more of a sense of being "special"

15+ Year Old Account
    I didnt see any loot dramas in MC or Ony at all.
    MS>OS roll thats it.

If you've got a guild and you can really make a difference with a shitty spec (provide true support), I believe yyou will be top100 best hybrid specs in the world.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    In 2005 most people didn't know how bad most specs were. A lot of them didn't even have damage meters.
    As long as you have a basic mix of roles and appropriate gear, you can beat anything with anything. I think the game would have been a lot better off if meters were never introduced, so people could relax and play what they want. I absolutely agree that min max elitists have ruined the game, but it is inevitable in any game that sticks around long enough.

there is a lot of guilds out there and a large amount of people. my guild is in MC. we haven't had dramatics, we are patient, we are plodding on.. no pressure no fuss.

I would wager, you are the other side of the coin. raging away at everyone more hardcore, because they play the game the way they want, rather than the way you want...

the mere fact you made this post speaks volumes.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

I was having fun for awhile but then that old feeling came around. Unsubbed. Maybe I'll work on 30 to 40 in a few months. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't stress it.