Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

player mentality ruined it for me

after being pestered by guildies on retail to try classic i caved in and decided to give it ago, i rolled my favorite class relearned what i knew form bc leveling struggled with 58-60 as i didn't like mob grinding, i was happy when i finally hit 60 as i beat the leveling and got to that i was told was the "fun" part of the game the raid gearing process.

i managed to get a few pieces of my pre raid bis i was happy, i managed to make a run to clear thratholme UD+ unforgiven i got the mask i has happy got to rivendare cloak didn't drop i shrugged it off it happens, that's when my troubles started

the next day i tried to make another strathlome run for another shot at the cloak so i put in general "lf tank strathlome UD+ unforgiven nothing reserved"

1st tank whispers me "any1 rolling on helm" i say yes as we have a rogue in the grp no reply
    2nd tank whispers me "is a summon available" i say no as no lock had signed no reply
    3rd tank whispers me "any1 rolling on the Barron cloak" i say yes because there's a few of us no reply

ad to that the fact that 90% of the runs in general and work have ATLEAST 1 item reserved and the same thing happened when i tried to make a grp for lbrs to do the ony Atonement got completely ignored, no1 seems to want to help others in this game, i try to be decent to ppl by not reserving stuff its not fun spending most of your day trying to make 1 dungeon grp because every1 in selfish.

any1 else find that horrible player mentality?

im now glad i didn't pay back during vanilla

there's too many ppl only looking out for themselves getting what they want and never looking back and that will come back to bit them later when there isnt enough ppl to do the content they desire coz they cant get the gear they need or get their groups going.

i was somewhat enjoying classic more than retail till i hit 60 and the players ruined it.

and be4 any1 says " get a guild" i was in 1 but alot of them were only interested in their own bis i got help from 2 or 3 in the guild.

People that post " x ruined it for me " ruined it for me

Classic now and vanilla 15 years ago was pretty much a solo experience.

Right now - I have 6 quests to do DM, and I have neither a way of doing them or a desire to do so.

For me - revisiting Classic (vanilla) is about having a trip down memory lane - enjoy the good and avoiding the bad.

Problem for you is that you got to level 60 too quickly - the journey to level 60 was the enjoyable bit.

Now you are pretty much done with Classic I think.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Yes we see it all the time. Tanks are actually demanding gold to do dungeons. Just don't encurage their behavior and if they get really bad, "blacklist" them. I, too, prefer creating my own groups, and I never let any tank demand any special treatment to join a party. No "summon me or I don't join", no "I join if I get x item", no nothing. Don't encurage them.

I agree the players are the worst part of wow classic. Did you have to name your thread so similar to mine though...

Regarding the topic, it's supply and demand! I main a tank too, and I will only join groups where I can get the item(s) that I want. Why? because I know I have that option thanks to the shortage of tanks. Most of the time, tanks are the ones that have to put more effort in the dungeon, while others can easily watch netflix on their 2nd monitor.
    If I have the option between going with group that will roll on the items that I need, vs going on a group where I know that I will get the items that I want if they drop, which one do you think I'm going to pick?

It's the price that you have to pay for playing an overpopulated, non demanded class/role.

Simple logic

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I agree the players are the worst part of wow classic. Did you have to name your thread so similar to mine though...
    i name it as i feel tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to 2019, where your average Westerner is merely an ego. We don’t live in the times of helping your neighbor for the sake of it anymore, we live in a me me me world now. Everything must have a reward. Productivity 100% of the time. Life is no longer to be enjoyed, it is something to be won. Get used to it or drown in disillusionment.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHorner View Post
    Regarding the topic, it's supply and demand! I main a tank too, and I will only join groups where I can get the item(s) that I want. Why? because I know I have that option thanks to the shortage of tanks. Most of the time, tanks are the ones that have to put more effort in the dungeon, while others can easily watch netflix on their 2nd monitor.
    If I have the option between going with group that will roll on the items that I need, vs going on a group where I know that I will get the items that I want if they drop, which one do you think I'm going to pick?

It's the price that you have to pay for playing an overpopulated, non demanded class/role.

Simple logic
    It's fine you do this. Just don't get surprised if other people blacklist you if you always demand items reserved.

You are not special, you are not important, you are not better than the other 4 people in your party, you just happen to be in demand. People will notice your behavior. it's a community based MMORPG, we know the names of the people at 60. It makes you way less attractive to a lot of both guilds and peoples memory.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i name it as i feel tbh
    And clearly you are feeling me

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    It's fine you do this. Just don't get surprised if other people blacklist you if you always demand items reserved.

You are not special, you are not important, you are not better than the other 4 people in your party, you just happen to be in demand. People will notice your behavior. it's a community based MMORPG, we know the names of the people at 60. It makes you way less attractive to a lot of both guilds and peoples memory.
    i agree with this, i tried to make a run with nothing reserved and couldn't get one going coz i wouldn't like 1 of them be the only one rolling on a item its just toxicity for zero reason

Don't see anything wrong here, classic just isn't your cup of tea.
    The game isn't meant for everyone.

On the flip side, this is why classic is an outstanding game.
    The gear you obtain is meaningful and it's very challenging to collect all the pieces you want.

Nobody will blacklist me becuase I never reserve anything. I just pick the people whom I group with, or make my own groups.
    And yes, we could say that I am special in some way, not because of who I am, but because of my role. I constantly get whispers of both random people AND friends, asking me to tank their dungeons (again, supply and demand).

I am also very polite and helpful during dungeon runs, never got in a fight with anyone. However, having a full time job, if I can avoid running with people that need the same gear as I do, I will

My point? don't complain about this, it's just the way it is. The same thing happens right now on retrail where people with low IO score complain that they don't get picked up over people with high score.

Bunch of snowflakes complaining people actually set the rules instead of being the beta that follows the rules.

People reserve items because it makes sense, it actually makes a lot of sense. If you're outside the group it's your prerogative to not join the group, easy. Try whispering me about me being unfair about the rules I set for my dungeon group and I'll whisper you back calling you what you really are. If I want to reserve everything that drops and I can do it, I will.

You create the group, you set the rules. Deal with it. Vanilla/Classic is a jungle. Be the top of the jungle and stop whining about how other people play the game.

For the OP. Try to join a guild where people run duneons. We have some really high geared rogues in mine, so i'ts not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHorner View Post

Simple logic
    This pretty much sums me up as well. Players are lazy, need on gears they shouldn't, cause instances to take exponentially longer due to selfish, poor game play and refuse to understand that aggro works very different in classic than it does in retail. Tanks control the group show, because most players make it a painful chore to do so.
    That being said, most players love having a babysitter who holds their hands through content and explains mechanics before fights. I take this roll on and entitle myself to be snotty with the group I form and the rules to my run. Hunter are not allowed to roll on leather or cloth, If they do, booted. Same goes for every class rolling on non sensical upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Bunch of snowflakes complaining people actually set the rules instead of being the beta that follows the rules.

People reserve items because it makes sense, it actually makes a lot of sense. If you're outside the group it's your prerogative to not join the group, easy. Try whispering me about me being unfair about the rules I set for my dungeon group and I'll whisper you back calling you what you really are. If I want to reserve everything that drops and I can do it, I will.

You create the group, you set the rules. Deal with it. Vanilla/Classic is a jungle. Be the top of the jungle and stop whining about how other people play the game.
    I don't really get your reasoning. You argue being a group leader and reserving items being "alpha" and "top of the jungle"?

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post

Lol. Thanks for the laugh. It's a mmo not a single player game though Mr alpha.

I don't really get your reasoning. You argue being a group leader and reserving items being "alpha" and "top of the jungle"?
    I won't be the loser talking about blacklisting people and whispering people with snarky comments in /world that are forming groups and reserving items, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Lol. Thanks for the laugh. It's a mmo not a single player game though Mr alpha.
    Tell that to all the betas that join my groups while I fill my bags with everything that drops in the dungeon.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-10-11 at 06:45 PM.

I was a bit behind the eight ball on prebis gearing in my guild, most of them had run theirs a week prior. They ran a week-long UBRS plus other stuff for guildies, but there's only so much our leadership can do. They count on people farming prebis on their own. So I spent a loooooooooong time in /world and LFG finding pugs, and in my experience, they were 90% fine. The only hiccup was UBRS because almost every single run is advertised as reserved, but everything else a little patience went a long way.