Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Lol. Thanks for the laugh. It's a mmo not a single player game though Mr alpha.
    "mmo" meaning your friends/raid/guildgroup + a couple thousand strangers you don't care about. it's not as mmo as many people like to think.

Why would I join a group where I am not guaranteed the items I need should they drop, it's just less hassle overall, if everyone who needs x makes their own group, instead of competing with eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    and be4 any1 says " get a guild" i was in 1 but alot of them were only interested in their own bis i got help from 2 or 3 in the guild.
    WOW you tried 1 whole guild out and you're making a post about this? Let me guess, you also found this guild in trade chat or were just randomly invited to it while leveling? Please get over yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Classic still 100% better then retail

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    "mmo" meaning your friends/raid/guildgroup + a couple thousand strangers you don't care about. it's not as mmo as many people like to think.
    Why play wow which is designed to be played with other people which also includes people outside your direct circle of friends when you could just play one of the million single player games out there with better gameplay and story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Why would I join a group where I am not guaranteed the items I need should they drop, it's just less hassle overall, if everyone who needs x makes their own group, instead of competing with eachother.
    Because wow is only for loot right?

Players have ruined both Classic and Retail experiences for a lot of us. That`s why the wow community doesn`t grow at all while other ones like Warframe or Destiny keep growing. Players there are willing to teach, generally have a nice attitude if they wipe on an encounter. I played all day on the latest Destiny raid, with 5 other complete strangers, and wiped like 2 hours straight on the last boss, we laughed a lot and had a good time, and at the end we could complete the raid. I dont remember last time that hapenned in wow with a group of complete strangers. Generally you waste 2 hours doing just one boss because you wiped one or two times, and someone leaves, and then you have to replace someone...then other guy leaves cuz he believes he`s the greatest player and dont have to waste time with some scrubs. And then you wasted two hours of your life getting bitter and just trying to organize a group that doesnt leave at the first wipe.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    WoW has always been this way.
    The only difference is that, back in 2004, we didn't know anything else.
    Since Retail has transformed over the last 15 years, avenues of convenience and QoL have formed to the point where, looking back at Classic, you think it's a bigger problem than it used to be.
    It's not.
    It's the same thing, just viewed through the lens of 15 years of evolution.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    Players have ruined both Classic and Retail experiences for a lot of us.
    But I was told that classic wow would bring back "the community". /s
    I'm a crazy taco.

Why play wow which is designed to be played with other people which also includes people outside your direct circle of friends when you could just play one of the million single player games out there with better gameplay and story.
    ofc people want to play with others. a few dozen others. nobody maintains a network of hundreds of friends.

if you like playing with strangers all the time that's cool, but most people aren't like that. that's kinda why guilds exist, to make subgroups of people in a size people naturally gravitate towards.

and since a group of friends/guilds can provide you with most of what you need to play the game, most people simply aren't going to go out of their way to care about people outside that group.

it's really just like school/work, you aren't friends with everybody there either. sure you are polite to them and follow the expected social rules, but it's not like you are going to help a colleague from the other building with his project unless you are told to.

ofc people want to play with others. a few dozen others. nobody maintains a network of hundreds of friends.

if you like playing with strangers all the time that's cool, but most people aren't like that. that's kinda why guilds exist, to make subgroups of people in a size people naturally gravitate towards.

and since a group of friends/guilds can provide you with most of what you need to play the game, most people simply aren't going to go out of their way to care about people outside that group.

it's really just like school/work, you aren't friends with everybody there either. sure you are polite to them and follow the expected social rules, but it's not like you are going to help a colleague from the other building with his project unless you are told to.
    You're not having an intimate chat with them. BGs would be pretty dull if it was just you and your friends. Maybe you have enough to fill up a whole AV. I however do not. You need strangers to make the game more epic in scope as well as having people to kill or play with when ur friends are offline. And who knows those strangers can become friends if you give them a chance

10+ Year Old Account
    Join. A. Guild.

Classic, like vanilla, is not PUG friendly. Guilds and a friends list are the best ways to run things. Hate guilds? Then classic isn't going to be fun for you.

I'm not saying you can't pug. you can. But it's not the best/primary way to run 5 mans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so obsessed with pre-raid BiS?

It's not as if the encounters demanded it in any way. Oo

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Bunch of snowflakes complaining people actually set the rules instead of being the beta that follows the rules.

People reserve items because it makes sense, it actually makes a lot of sense. If you're outside the group it's your prerogative to not join the group, easy. Try whispering me about me being unfair about the rules I set for my dungeon group and I'll whisper you back calling you what you really are. If I want to reserve everything that drops and I can do it, I will.

You create the group, you set the rules. Deal with it. Vanilla/Classic is a jungle. Be the top of the jungle and stop whining about how other people play the game.
    Irony is, your post shows you are the one acting like a special snowflake. Pot meet kettle.

You're not having an intimate chat with them. BGs would be pretty dull if it was just you and your friends. Maybe you have enough to fill up a whole AV. I however do not. You need strangers to make the game more epic in scope as well as having people to kill or play with when ur friends are offline. And who knows those strangers can become friends if you give them a chance
    i'm all for giving strangers a chance, but i can meet strangers without gimping myself too. and there is nothing wrong about doing that.

i'm all for giving strangers a chance, but i can meet strangers without gimping myself too. and there is nothing wrong about doing that.
    Well if I just waited for my friends/guild that means I could only effectively play around raid times and on weekends because that's when most people are even online. And I wouldn't bother logging on in the morning where everyone is still asleep because of time zones. So yeah a few hours a week. Yay

Because wow is only for loot right?
    Because spending upward to 2hrs without item rewards is such a feelgood moment right?

Even if I don't get anything, atleast I am guaranteed to get it, if it drops.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Irony is, your post shows you are the one acting like a special snowflake. Pot meet kettle.
    I decide who gets invited to my group and the rules. Deal with it or don't bother whispering me. Your response is just like those losers that get butt hurt I don't invite them and decide to whisper me with pitiful insults.

Well if I just waited for my friends/guild that means I could only effectively play around raid times and on weekends because that's when most people are even online. And I wouldn't bother logging on in the morning where everyone is still asleep because of time zones. So yeah a few hours a week. Yay
    you are moving the goalposts.

if i have some pugs in my group, im nice to them, if they want to do an extra boss or this or that ill happily do it. if i meet some guy out in the world and he needs help killing an elite, ill happily help out.

but when i am making a group for a dungeon, i will make the group to maximize the chances to get the item i want. and i don't feel bad about not inviting people of my armor type or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Because spending upward to 2hrs without item rewards is such a feelgood moment right?

Even if I don't get anything, atleast I am guaranteed to get it, if it drops.
    That's the nature of the beast. Just because you Mr important needs to show results with your time investment and feel if you don't show progress everytime you log in then it was all just a waste of time. Not a bad way to look at your career But video games are intended to be fun and entertaining. If the only way you get entertainment is getting new purples then it says a lot about why you play games in the first place. May I recommend something actually productive instead of wasting more of your precious time on silly things like video games and take up bee keeping for example?

Except for a ZF run where the tank left, I hand only.good experiences. Some groups were very solid even.
    Granted I absolutely avoided reserve and farm runs of any kind.
    Just don't mind ppl you don't want to group with ..
    Player mentality is pretty much the same.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)