Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    probably the kaizo mario romhacks ..

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'd be Sekiro.

Isshin, the Sword Saint and Owl (Father) come to mind. Extremely satisfying as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna have to say Sekiro as well. Also one of the most satisfying games to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Idk, QWOP maybe.
    Underrated but extremely relevant post right here. QWOP just trumps all your wussy games.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Mushihimesama Futari Ultra mode - Anyone able to clear this without continues deserves a banana.

Of the ones i've actually cleared, maybe Touhou Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom (Lunatic) or Nex Machina (Master)

two that come to mind that incidentally i've never really finished cause I pretty much got stuck - Descent 2 (those goshdarn thief drones..) and Theme hospital (i've gotten pretty far, but sooner or later, i just hit the point where I just cannot catch up)

not really much into difficult games for the sake of difficulty, especialy nowadays. those two were back when I was still young.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently it is Sekiro for sure. In the original Xbox era it was Ninja Gaiden. In the old days I have to say Ghost and Goblins and shadow of the beast in Amiga and the port they made in Sega Genesis later on.

Solo? Demons Souls with the online pvp turned on. Shout out to God of War 3 on titan difficulty.

MP? Easy: Two player Battletoads. It simply cannot be done

I Wanna Be the Boshy, an I Wanna Be the Guy fangame that makes I Wanna Be the Guy look like Super Mario Bros. in terms of difficulty.

The game has over 10 different worlds and subsequent bosses. I couldn't make it past the third, who coincidentally is Mario himself.

I Wanna Be The Guy/Gaidan seems like cheating for bringing up. Those are designed to be as unfair as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Syndicate Plus: American Revolt.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Grandmaster Chess...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've stayed away from hard games because I never felt like buying a game just to get stressed out and pissed at it to the point where I feel like the game was a waste of money. However, sort of recently I let go of that mentality and chose to face the more challenging games head on.

So far, the only tough game I beat was Nioh. As pissed as that game made me at times I actually really enjoyed it and plan to start a new game+ someday. I must've died over 100 times throughout the game but I kept coming back because with every death I grew stronger and learned the different patterns of the enemies and bosses. Although I think it was actually one of the more forgiving ones when compared to games like Dark Souls and apparently Sekiro. I've learned that if I can just change my mentality of just rushing in hacking and slashing to a more patient and careful approach I can do it.

I've also played Remnant: From the Ashes. A really good game but it's tough. I've heard that some bosses are so hard that it requires at least one other person to beat it. Not sure which boss that is but I'm sure I'll find out once I get to it.

I played a little of Bloodbourne too so I'd say that'd be another one. I have to get back to it someday because I really liked the theme of it.

God of War on the PS4 I would say was a little tough too. Not so much in the beginning but once the game introduces you to all the different enemy types the game really lays it on you especially some of the boss fights.

Above all though I think the hardest game I have ever played and I only played about 5 minutes of it was Contra Hard Corps. It's one of the games included on the Sega Genesis Mini. I dare you to try and stay alive for more than 30 seconds in the first level. Apparently though there is a way you can switch from the American versions of the games to the Japanese versions and apparently the Japanese version is much easier.

I have had my eyes set on Sekiro too. People say that the game is really hard even harder than Dark Souls but I am determined to get it and beat it. I want to be among the champions who beat it so I can say "yeah I beat that shit". Also the gameplay just looks too fun to give up so I'm definitely going to get it someday. Just waiting for the price to go down a little bit more.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2019-10-11 at 06:57 PM.

Blood borne for retail games.

I've played some insane kaizo Mario hacks that are way way harder though

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    I have had my eyes set on Sekiro too. People say that the game is really hard even harder than Dark Souls but I am determined to get it and beat it. I want to be among the champions who beat it so I can say "yeah I beat that shit". Also the gameplay just looks too fun to give up so I'm definitely going to get it someday. Just waiting for the price to go down a little bit more.
    It really isn't harder, it just has a noticeable learning curve due to the unusual combat system. If you set your mind to get used to the combat it's likely to become immensely satisfying experience.

10+ Year Old Account

Dark souls is a joke to this game.

Sekiro probably

As for the SNES, Spider-Man / X-Men: Arcade's Revenge is a nasty game as well.

Also Super Soukoban, a puzzle game. If you can complete the later levels without using the rewind function, you'd have to be a genius.
    http://rvgfanatic.com/wordpress/inde...uper-soukoban/
    Last edited by deepr; 2019-10-11 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    CoD4: Modern Warfare on Veteran. I could not beat the Sniper level.

Sekiro is also pretty hard but once you grasp it it becomes pretty easy.