Page 44 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    That's what speculation is, not debate.

Regardless, I'm not saying we can't talk about it, just that an hypothetic situation isn't a good basis for a boycott.
    Debate is speculations, its no debate if there is a fact everyone agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Pretty much agree with everything. The punishment was a bit too harsh, but necessary and honestly should be expected. Honestly it's a situation that sucks for everyone involved, and the outrage reactions are only making it worse with no real positive end goal.

I don't understand-alt righters organize a (failed) boycott every week or so because they think that because they buy the game/comic/videogame they can dictate the content over absolutely critical and important such as the ninja is now only 36 DD or they added a space wizard monk with a vagina instead of space wizard monk with green skin If you operate on the premise that 5000 losers have the right to bankrupt a company because you (or rather, your handlers on 4-chan) think that x thing is SJW, why a company should not follow this premise if real flesh and blood people actually threaten to ban the game ?

Now the usual crowd who screams all the time-an actual government who can actually ban it.

Heel part 4

Start gave me a laugh. XD
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2019-10-11 at 07:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I don't understand-alt righters organize a (failed) boycott every week or so because they think that because they buy the game/comic/videogame they can dictate the content over absolutely critical and important such as the ninja is now only 36 DD or they added a space wizard monk with a vagina instead of space wizard monk with green skin If you operate on the premise that 5000 losers have the right to bankrupt a company because you (or rather, your handlers on 4-chan) think that x thing is SJW, why a company should not follow this premise if real flesh and blood people actually threaten to ban the game ?

Now the usual crowd who screams all the time-an actual government who can actually ban it.
    Consumers have the right to not purchase a product as well as tell others why they are choosing not to.
    Also how do you think 4chan works? Anyone who tries to rally anyone to do anything gets called names I can’t repeat here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    You think he would have been banned if he had done something pro china?
    *if my grandma had balls, she'd be my grandpa* this kind of reasoning has no value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post

assume everyone who is protesting this is an alt righter? strike one.
    bringing non related strawman examples to make your argument look better. strike two.
    trying to make the argument that no one has the right to protest and possibly bankrupt a company because REASONS. strike three.
    also your sounding awful authoritarian with that argument.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what speculation is, not debate.

Regardless, I'm not saying we can't talk about it, just that an hypothetic situation isn't a good basis for a boycott.
    it is up to the individual to decide that.

- - - Updated - - -

You already paid, why stop using the product. Every time people burn/throw things they paid for in protest it make me lol.
    Buying new sub or game with money yes that would be wrong.
    you uh do realize quite a few people on this forums are here because they have EXPLICITLY for one reason or another stopped using blizzard's paid services. since with the exception of the overwatch/hots forums you cannot post on there without a paid account.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    They are free to leave any time they want.
    no they are not thats the point. but thats not as edgy to talk about as some protest far away isnt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the point of boycotting Blizzard. What's the goal?

Are people trying to get the player unbanned? To stop them making deals/selling games to the Chinese market? Do they want them to fund a private army to go liberate Hong Kong?

If a boycott works, then you're impacting hundreds if not thousands of regular people's jobs all over the world - and for what? They're a videogame developer, people should stop looking at companies as if they were people with personalities and political ideologies.

I don't see any positive impact of this outrage, other than people feeling good about themselves for virtue-signaling opposing "evil commies". If you are serious about it, are you also boycotting all products "made in China"? Or is just Blizzard that must be held to a standard?

- - - Updated - - -

Except that's nothing unlike what happened. If they had banned him for something he said, for instance, on his personal twitter account, I'd be fully agaisnt Blizzard.

But it wasn't. It was during an official esports stream that should be about esports and nothing else. You don't go into someone's house and start hanging political flags/signs on their windows, no matter how "morally right" your side might be.
    i don't understand the point of trying to discourage boycotting especially when it involves human rights. i mean what's the goal?
    are you trying to perpetuate the cycle of validating china's actions? to continue to allow them to commit human rights abuses? do you want them to keep on with their authoritarian ways?

if your anti boycott works than your impacting thousands if not millions of people who will continue to be abused by the chinese government and for what? so you can continue to blissfully play your favorite video game and pretend nothing is wrong in this world? they're a video game developer with a statue that has a plaque with the words "think globally" and "every voice matters" do you want them to ignore that plaque?

i don't see any positive impact from trying to discourage boycotting/protesting. other than the people allowing themselves to continue to ignore the problems at hand because doing the right thing is too inconvenient for them. are you also going to stick up for all the other companies that do awful stuff or support awful countries? or is just blizzard your going to bat for?

its fine if you don't want to participate in said boycott but shitting on others for it is what is called stirring the pot or goes by another name.....
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2019-10-11 at 07:50 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

In a few years Blizzard might ban accounts just because they see you are against them on mmo. Im sure, blizzard is no longer a good company and yes they have been against free speech for a long time but the left seemed to be ok with that
    where do people come up with this bullshit? its blizzards house, you dont follow the rules you get thrown out.
    you cant go to your firends house trash talk his wife and kids and then complain for being thrown out....

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    no they are not thats the point. but thats not as edgy to talk about as some protest far away isnt it?
    Yes they are. You can lie to yourself all you want but not to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    To be consistent with their values and not bow to aggressive Chinese censorship and human rights abuses?
    where is your protest againt USAs abuse of human rights???

where is your protest againt USAs abuse of human rights???
    Do I need to post that in every post I'm critical about other nations human rights abuses on? Because I've gone to protests, written and spoken with my House Rep (he's a great guy, super accessible!) and worked with groups fighting these abuses in the US, actually.

This was a bad, "gotcha" attempt.

where do people come up with this bullshit? its blizzards house, you dont follow the rules you get thrown out.
    you cant go to your firends house trash talk his wife and kids and then complain for being thrown out....
    So what have that to do with blizzard. If they trow me out i want my money back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Oh, I am glad that epic went out of its way to tell everyone they wouldn't do what blizzard did. Especially funny because 40% of epic is owned by Tencent.
    Whether or not he will do anything regards to china is yet to be seen but there is actually one big distinction. Epic Games is NOT a publicly traded company. That's a huge difference cause it means there is no voting or board or whatever. A publicly traded private company has a lot more baggage than a private company and a bigger consequence when the shareholder votes against you. Of course there is the potential of the shareholder holding >50% being the CEO itself and that wouldn't matter much for decision making but that's rarely ever the case.
    Because Epic Games is not a publicly traded company they don't have an obligation to shareholders. Epic Games is actually in a very unique position where saying no actually won't hurt them as bad.

Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2019-10-11 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Whether or not he will do anything regards to china is yet to be seen but there is actually one big distinction. Epic Games is NOT a publicly traded company. That's a huge difference cause it means there is no voting or board or whatever. A publicly traded private company has a lot more baggage than a private company and a bigger consequence when the shareholder votes against you. Of course there is the potential of the shareholder holding >50% being the CEO itself and that wouldn't matter much for decision making but that's rarely ever the case.
    Because Epic Games is not a publicly traded company they don't have an obligation to shareholders. Epic Games is actually in a very unique position where saying no actually won't hurt them as bad.
    Epic games does have a board and Tencent has the ability to appoint a portion of the board members. Regardless, a company has a fiduciary duty to their shareholders whether they are a public company or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do I need to post that in every post I'm critical about other nations human rights abuses on? Because I've gone to protests, written and spoken with my House Rep (he's a great guy, super accessible!) and worked with groups fighting these abuses in the US, actually.
    ofc you have, good lie there, mr. protest-blizzard-cause-its-edgy...

- - - Updated - - -

So what have that to do with blizzard. If they trow me out i want my money back.
    well thats not how it works. if you go to an nba game and get thrown out because u behave shit you dont get you money back because you broke the HOUSE rules. so how come you are not able to understand that?

ofc you have, good lie there, mr. protest-blizzard-cause-its-edgy...
    You claimed I didn't, I told you otherwise. If you want to believe I'm a liar that's fine, but why ask if you're just going to dismiss the answer if it's not what you want it to be?

Don't be this guy: https://thenib.com/mister-gotcha

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Oooo. China is so going to ban Overwatch.