Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Why are people so obsessed with pre-raid BiS?

It's not as if the encounters demanded it in any way. Oo
    My experience so far is that Classic players in pugs mostly want runs as fast as possible and as easy as possible. They just want to rush gear ez mode. Those are LFG/ LFR people. Easy to spot. That is why they want pre raid BiS.
    But there are many guilds out there looking for good and nice players as well.

Hell, I got a raid spot in a semi hardcore raiding guild as Oomkin. This says a lot haha if you're a good and mature player you eventually find a "home". I got mostly in because of my knowledge, my utility, my politeness and my experience (up to spider wing Nsxx andwith Cthun on farm). Clever RL will recruit actual good players regardless of class and spec.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    That's the nature of the beast. Just because you Mr important needs to show results with your time investment and feel if you don't show progress everytime you log in then it was all just a waste of time. Not a bad way to look at your career But video games are intended to be fun and entertaining. If the only way you get entertainment is getting new purples then it says a lot about why you play games in the first place. May I recommend something actually productive instead of wasting more of your precious time on silly things like video games and take up bee keeping for example?
    You're trying to patronize me for ''wasting my time on silly things like video games'' while you're sitting here with 17000+ posts on MMOC, if you haven't gathered that there are many ways to play an MMO across all these years of posting, then IDK what to tell you.

BTW my honeybees bring all the boys to the yard.
    Last edited by OriginalName; 2019-10-11 at 07:56 PM.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Level a tank? I'm tired of people crying about how hard is to get a group.

If you have a good reputation, you will get invited for stuff, problem is the retail childs got used to be entitled and to have everything handed.

If you actually played from 1 to 60, you should at least have a 10 friends you made around while leveling, if you don't want to level a tanker or heal, befriend one, people will eventually need you for other things and will call and depend on you.

That's how this game work, you actually have to interact with people boo hoo.

People are not obligated to join your group, they may want to reserve and not run if X item have other people wanting because running a dungeon in classic requires commitment, time, there is a huge possibility said item won't even drop, and that's perfectly fine.

The problem is not other people's attitude, is your own while interacting with people you disagree with.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    You're trying to patronize me for ''wasting my time on silly things like video games'' while you're sitting here with 17000+ posts on MMOC, if you haven't gathered that there are many ways to play an MMO across all these years of posting, then IDK what to tell you.

BTW my honeybees bring all the boys to the yard.
    He should patronize players like you who ruin communities with your entitlement. Stick to taking up the roads with your giant SUV and stay out of video games where people can actually get a break away from the draining rat race of MUST BE BETTER MUST HAVE EVERYTHING NOW

And because of the continual growth of this mentality over the years we now have forced personal loot and no master looter in retail. Shitty people screw shit up for the rest of us. It's a good life lesson. In the end we can just blame blizzard though right?

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    When I played Vanilla (and stomped the realm's #1 raidguild out of the ground)... I didn't make runs where I had to reserve anything, the very notion didn't even cross my mind nor most people's mind back then. I would run a dungeon and if it dropped and I won the roll then it would be mine, if it didn't, then it didn't. But then again, I did meet a lot of different people and it was always very easy for me to get a dungeon group going, even as the DPS class I was at the time.

But also, back when I played and geared up there wasn't really an issue to make dungeon groups either, because that was pretty much the entire and only content there was...

Perhaps the mentality changed and people just aren't as willing to 'waste' time anymore. I don't know, but the whole idea of wanting to reserve items for someone seems just as bad as those people who refused to join the group because something was reserved or someone else might be rolling for something already...
    But the thing is, classic lets you be free to do whatever you want. You can opt-out a group that is reserving something, or opt to make one of your own, it's all about human interaction and common agreement.

Personally I don't like groups that reserve shit either, so I just won't join. Still I've run with a friend that wanted the keys for UBRS and reserved the stones for himself. It's all about finding balance.

You can be a jerk about something or try to change it through dialogue, and that's what make this game beautiful.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Bunch of snowflakes complaining people actually set the rules instead of being the beta that follows the rules.

People reserve items because it makes sense, it actually makes a lot of sense. If you're outside the group it's your prerogative to not join the group, easy. Try whispering me about me being unfair about the rules I set for my dungeon group and I'll whisper you back calling you what you really are. If I want to reserve everything that drops and I can do it, I will.

You create the group, you set the rules. Deal with it. Vanilla/Classic is a jungle. Be the top of the jungle and stop whining about how other people play the game.
    that would actually be helpful advice if it was the case that, i could fill the grp with nothing reserved but it seems that ppl dont want to tank for a grp where they aren't guaranteed their desired item

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    He should patronize players like you who ruin communities with your entitlement. Stick to taking up the roads with your giant SUV and stay out of video games where people can actually get a break away from the draining rat race of MUST BE BETTER MUST HAVE EVERYTHING NOW
    LMAO get bent.

This system allows everyone in the party to be happy, it's a huge boon compared to running the same instance over and over and to lose low % droprate items. Everyone's happy except you, because you're never happy.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    that would actually be helpful advice if it was the case that, i could fill the grp with nothing reserved but it seems that ppl dont want to tank for a grp where they aren't guaranteed their desired item
    Yeah, because a pug dungeon is a time investment, why should I heal your dungeon when, it's probably objectively worse than a guild group where everyone plays for eachother, stay until everyone has the items they want etc compared to a pug where you group up for 1-2 hours but there's no reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    But the thing is, classic lets you be free to do whatever you want. You can opt-out a group that is reserving something, or opt to make one of your own, it's all about human interaction and common agreement.

Personally I don't like groups that reserve shit either, so I just won't join. Still I've run with a friend that wanted the keys for UBRS and reserved the stones for himself. It's all about finding balance.

You can be a jerk about something or try to change it through dialogue, and that's what make this game beautiful.
    No this isnt how vanilla was.

Being on a server actually meant something, People remembered your name for good or bad.

Your type of thinking is why retail WoW is retail WoW and no one wants to play it outside of whales and addicts and why they brought classic back to get the old school players back who actually want a good game/experience.

Why be a decent person when you can just join LFR where no one gives a shit. If you want that WoW just play retail not classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    WOW you tried 1 whole guild out and you're making a post about this? Let me guess, you also found this guild in trade chat or were just randomly invited to it while leveling? Please get over yourself.
    no the idea for the guild i was in is to to level up get his gear and raid, but they just only helped themselves if i was lucky i got help form a mage and a rogue from my guild

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Why are people so obsessed with pre-raid BiS?

It's not as if the encounters demanded it in any way. Oo
    i know but i was trying to show my guild that i wanted to raid with but they showed no intrest in helping me with the likes of lbrs which is necessary for the ony Atonement same issue with general/world

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    and be4 any1 says " get a guild" i was in 1 but alot of them were only interested in their own bis i got help from 2 or 3 in the guild.
    Well, let's be honest here, get in a good guild. There are plenty around, and not all of them are trash.

And let's be even more honest here...how is the mentality you ran into any different from Retail? It isn't...not even a little. The mechanics of the drops change some things, but the inherit attitude is absolutely identical and, I would argue, even more prevalent in Retail than it is in Classic.

And I absolutely call BS on "...the fact that 90% of the runs in general and work have ATLEAST 1 item reserved...". I watch the LFG channels quite a bit and it isn't anywhere near that level.

Look, if you just don't like the game, then by all means find another game. If you like Retail better, more power to you. But please stop making up BS and poor excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Level a tank? I'm tired of people crying about how hard is to get a group.

If you have a good reputation, you will get invited for stuff, problem is the retail childs got used to be entitled and to have everything handed.

If you actually played from 1 to 60, you should at least have a 10 friends you made around while leveling, if you don't want to level a tanker or heal, befriend one, people will eventually need you for other things and will call and depend on you.

That's how this game work, you actually have to interact with people boo hoo.

People are not obligated to join your group, they may want to reserve and not run if X item have other people wanting because running a dungeon in classic requires commitment, time, there is a huge possibility said item won't even drop, and that's perfectly fine.

The problem is not other people's attitude, is your own while interacting with people you disagree with.
    you seem to have missed the point of my op, if you had read it you would have noticed that there were interested tanks BUT ONLY if i reserved their desired item for them

15+ Year Old Account
    and be4 any1 says " get a guild" i was in 1 but alot of them were only interested in their own bis i got help from 2 or 3 in the guild.
    This is the problem loads of guild's are having. I'm in the guild with the 'world first sulfuras', even he had to farm everything himself and even pay for gbanks ingots believe it or not, borrowing money from us to do so. Cooperation is rare these days, as people have limited time.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Well, let's be honest here, get in a good guild. There are plenty around, and not all of them are trash.

And let's be even more honest here...how is the mentality you ran into any different from Retail? It isn't...not even a little. The mechanics of the drops change some things, but the inherit attitude is absolutely identical and, I would argue, even more prevalent in Retail than it is in Classic.

And I absolutely call BS on "...the fact that 90% of the runs in general and work have ATLEAST 1 item reserved...". I watch the LFG channels quite a bit and it isn't anywhere near that level.

Look, if you just don't like the game, then by all means find another game. If you like Retail better, more power to you. But please stop making up BS and poor excuses.
    i disagree with your assessment or maybe im just lucky as in retail im in a very helpful and friendly guild, i haven't seen this level of "me me me" in retail and ive been playing since mid bc

as for ur bs to what i said about reserved grps? as i was on morgrine eu and its definitely in the region of 90% of the runs with atleast 1 item reserved, different servers yeild different experiences

i enjoyed the classic till i hit 60 sadly
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2019-10-11 at 08:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    after being pestered by guildies on retail to try classic i caved in and decided to give it ago, i rolled my favorite class relearned what i knew form bc leveling struggled with 58-60 as i didn't like mob grinding, i was happy when i finally hit 60 as i beat the leveling and got to that i was told was the "fun" part of the game the raid gearing process.

i managed to get a few pieces of my pre raid bis i was happy, i managed to make a run to clear thratholme UD+ unforgiven i got the mask i has happy got to rivendare cloak didn't drop i shrugged it off it happens, that's when my troubles started

*snip*
    Spoiler alert: other people ruin everything.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    was that sarcasm? either way its not contributing anything, its a shame too as i was having fun

5+ Year Old Account
    This is kinda MMOs in General. I joined WoW in TBC (Late TBC almost Wrath) and it was kinda like this aswell. People want the shiny loot and will ninja loot if they don't get their way. I was runing a SM Clear yesterday (Clearing all of SM) and I wanted to get the Caster Dagger from Lib. Everyone was very suportive and even said they didn't really need it. Not even the rogue wanted it because it was clearly a caster dagger. I like groups who are positive. And considering I am on the only Pure RP realm on the US side of things, It kinda surprised me.

There are things that I do hate, and that I do feel ruin the game for people, and those who sit here and say "Oh it was like this in Vanilla, Welcome to Classic" Get off your high horse you fecker. That saying is why many people hate the classic community. I have friends who wont even play because of Feckers that ruin the game for people.

10+ Year Old Account
    was that sarcasm? either way its not contributing anything, its a shame too as i was having fun
    No it wasn't sarcasm.

And I'd love to know what your little blog here actually 'contributes' to the forums. Besides more whining that is.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

No it wasn't sarcasm.

And I'd love to know what your little blog here actually 'contributes' to the forums. Besides more whining that is.
    i dont' blog on these forums, i call it highlighting issues/flaws with something, to each their own i guess

Friendlist?

Everyone makes good/bad impressions and everyone is responsible for their own path in this game. If you dont filter toxic or bad players out its on you and only you if your gaming experience suffers
    -