Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    Thread title, discuss. Isn't releasing allied races over time just a huge cash grab for character race changes? After seeing mechagnomes, they're barely different than gnomes at all but plenty of people are going to spend their money changing their existing character to it, and I just see it as a huge cash grab - but hey what can you expect from current Blizzard?
    Well at least they have a heritage armor motivating people to level some instead of JUST race change. I think tokens are the biggest cash grab ever. It's literally a sub that brings in 33% more profit. That thing is fucking insane.

The only very obvious cash grab race are the void elves. Their entire race is just an excuse to sell the blood elf model to Alliance players

Thread title, discuss. Isn't releasing allied races over time just a huge cash grab for character race changes? After seeing mechagnomes, they're barely different than gnomes at all but plenty of people are going to spend their money changing their existing character to it, and I just see it as a huge cash grab - but hey what can you expect from current Blizzard?
    i do not see it as that. Because for the alliance. Most have been racial wise bad to change to. And you are not forced or convinced to do it. And it is something people have been asking for a long time. And you do not have to spend cash on them. leveling is not that hard anymore.

You can see anything as a cash grab. Most ( pre hong kong) blizzard haters do. But they are not. Just as the mount for 6 months subs. Yes is it there to try and get some more 6 month players. But is it a cash grab....nope. It is a option.

A cash grab would be pay to win gear/mounts/stuff, a cash grab would be removing things and adding them later etc

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    why do people think everything is a cashgrab these days?

- - - Updated - - -

imagine restaurants charging extra toppings on your food, fucking scammers
    Actually I do imagine it because it happens. They are called Pizza chains.

(Checks to see if allied races cost extra money)

Oh! Looks like they don't!

This is a dumb thread. You're really butthurt about blizzard releasing new content? Maybe...uh...level a new character? I leveled a Zandalari paladin as soon as they released, all the way from 20 to 120....and it was really REALLY EASY.

Sure, race change if you want! But retail wow is so faceroll easy to level and gear, it really isn't worth it. I love that they come out with new content on the regular. Keeps things fresh.

*Plenty of people* doesn't mean everyone. Don't like it? Don't buy it - cash grab avoided.

I absolutely want to play these races but I cannot and will not do the ridiculously long convoluted quest chains for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    No, because you can just make a character from the ground up.

Feels like a bait thread because you currently have issues with Blizzard.
    Exactly.

Blizz literally provides incentive NOT to racechange, incentive to create and level these toons from scratch, and yet we still end up with these stupid-ass topics - each whining out some version of 'REEEEEEEEEE ALLIED RACES R CASH GRABS WTF'.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it any of your concern what other people do with their money?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    *Plenty of people* doesn't mean everyone. Don't like it? Don't buy it - cash grab avoided.
    If only people could grasp this simple concept.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-10-11 at 08:24 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The fact they are gated behind so much content and that you don't even get the racial armor if you don't level up on your own shows that they are not a cash grab. A cash grab would be if they put the allied races on the store for $20 each.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I mean that's their entire reasoning with rapidly adding new races. They aren't adding these races for lore reasons, they're adding them because they know people will race change. Whether it's someone who only plays one character or someone who has every class at max level, race changing is enticing to everyone involved. Personally I don't spend any money outside of my subscription and xpacks, so I can't justify spending $20 for a race change.
    Players, literally for years: please do subraces! Dark Iron dwarves, Mechagnomes, etc!

Blizzard: okay u got it, enjoy allied races

Players: LOL NEED MONEY MUCH BLIZZ SO DUMB

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    The fact they are gated behind so much content and that you don't even get the racial armor if you don't level up on your own shows that they are not a cash grab. A cash grab would be if they put the allied races on the store for $20 each.
    Careful, facts and logic don't fly round' these parts!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Ofcourse it's a blatant cash grab. Mid-expansion, who would want to play that character and re-do all reputations and gear collecting from scratch? Much more convenient to race change. Nothing changes, except your looks, and you can continue your progression without issues.

This again.

Everything in the game is a cash grab because it's created to make you be more willing to spend money on it. Is it any more of a cashgrab than anything else? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    I absolutely want to play these races but I cannot and will not do the ridiculously long convoluted quest chains for them.
    The quest chains that unlock allied races are like 10 minute scenarios in most cases, not sure you mean.

5+ Year Old Account
    They made leveling so easy that literally it takes 4 days to have a 120, so as a cashgrab i dont think so, yet people hate the "leveling process now" because its tedious... wich makes no sense, since all the quests from Cata to WoTLK to Pandaria then WoD and Legion its so fucking easy... 1 dungeon can evne give you 2 levels full heirloom...
    Yet people hate the leveling so if its a cashgrab its because you dont like playing the game.

Done.

Not for me. I don't unlock them cause I don't care. I unlocked lightforged dranaei cause i was bored and one other one. Never played any of them nor care to unlock any of them.

If it was a cash grab on wanting people to race change why would they require you to fully lvl a new char for the transmog?

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't give a !@#$ about ARs, except maybe Vulpera, and I reached Exalted with Vol'dun months ago. So it isn't a particularly pressing issue for me.

Now, are they cash grabs? Certainly, but much less so than server/character recustomisation fees - THAT is the really overpriced crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Does anybody else not see this thread as one of the biggest troll threads ever?

Allied Races are so much more than that to me, OP. Not a huge fan of the grind, but I do it. I love Allied Races. They enhance both the world and your immersion.

They are exactly as they have been advertised from day 1. If you expected more then that's on you, not blizzard.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    I mean, that's what it is, just a cash grab.

We all have our mains, it is not easy or quick to start a new character from scratch, and we love our mains. Only way to play the new race is by paying a race change. Or make a derp alt to play for 2 hours and never touch again.
    It is easy and quick to start and level a new character. If this were FF 14 you might have a point but leveling in WOW is easy and quite fast. With the catch up mechanics and some hard work you can replace your main in less then a month. Also lets be honest, allied races are something to do while waiting for the pre-patch to get the green light.