Why do trolls only have 2 fingers and a thumb?

Is there any reason for this? Did they grow 2 fingers when they evolved into Night Elves?

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    2 in the pink, one in the stink mon.
    Last edited by Trekkie; 2019-10-13 at 11:14 PM.

because i think they were raptors that evolved into humanoïds thanks to the well of eternity (or its rivers)

Why do we have four fingers and a thumb? Two would work more than fine too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    because i think they were raptors that evolved into humanoïds thanks to the well of eternity (or its rivers)
    Thats news to me, also interesting if true, i thought they were essentially the neanderthals of the night elf race and got the short end of thr stick.

Well they are just ninja turtles that have moved on from their shells.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

take a look at the hands of elementals, elementals are what all life derives from. fire elementals tend to only have three fingers.

bwonsamdi said he's been watching trolls since before they were trolls even, so they probably are the first primordial life to have evolved from elementals on azeroth.

the reason they grew extra appendages when evolving into elves is because the well was titan blood, essentially. titans have five fingers, and so do most of their creations.

They're supposed to represent one of the oldest races on Azeroth. Literally, they evolve into night elves, which means they're a living, breathing ancestral race, or non-mutated race since apparently night elves evolved after coming in contact with the Well of Eternity, I believe?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
    Is there any reason for this? Did they grow 2 fingers when they evolved into Night Elves?
    I have no confirmation but word is the ladies prefer this.

The First primordial life coming from the elementals are the proto-drakes.
    The Un-Goro crater is full of primordial life forms, such as dinosaurs (T-Rex, Raports etc...)
    This place is also really close to the area where the Trolls appeared and grew as an empire.
    So I supposed, since they have strong binds to the raptors and other dinosaurs, they evolved from them.

Because they only play phone games.

I used to think that native life to Azeroth had 2 fingers and a thumb (trolls and tauren). Those influenced by the Titans (or Titan magic) have four fingers and a thumb (Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Mogu, etc.). But I am not sure that holds true, due to the fact that Furbolgs are native but have 3 fingers and a thumb, while dragons were definitely influenced by the Titans but they have either 2 fingers and a thumb or 3 fingers and an unseen dewclaw (thumb), either way it is not enough fingers to work with the theory.

Because what few people know is they are actually all excellent at bowling, so they don't need the others

3+ Year Old Account
    The same reason why tauren only have 2 fingers and a thumb: there is no reason.

It did sound like a setup to a punchline didn't it, and this is what I thought as well. Dirty dirty trolls. Oy vey, blood trolls...

Quote Originally Posted by runebobo View Post
    It did sound like a setup to a punchline didn't it, and this is what I thought as well. Dirty dirty trolls. Oy vey, blood trolls...
    That's actually hilarious, I wish I would've come up with that.