Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yeah. The Forsaken spent 15 years as outcasts who only survived due to poisons and ruthlessness. The sister of the one turning them undead, returning and giving them cuddles shouldn't give them a 180 turn. The only believable development for the story would be if the Forsaken murdered Calia when she least expects it, and taking over.
    What kind of heresy is this? The only argument in favor of the claim that Calia's glorious return shouldn't give the Forsaken a 180 turn is that it should give them a 540 degrees one. Anything else is sinful. Blizzard's writers are professionals that are employed in the field and that automatically makes them amazeballs because it's just how things work. So trying to present this development as unbelievable has no support in how things are.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Thinking about it, if the prophecy is to be taken as being anti-Calia, and I really don't buy that Calia will be a negative character, leaning into this aspect may be the best way to solve the problem. Calia as someone with a practically unnatural level of empathy and understanding who, in one way or another, can get everyone to buy into her, despite being a basically hollow figure in her own right. Have it pointed out that despite having little in common with Delaryn, somehow she and the other night elves feel better around her, make her journey easy instead of her, with subtle allusions here and there that something isn't quite right. Emphasize that despite the Light harming them, her guidance and their belief have her followers do it anyway - amp up the charisma and the zeal of those with her. As a temporary leader to show why this doesn't work, Calia has tons of potential. But I just don't believe that's what she is - I think we're meant to take all this at face value and I just don't buy it at all.
    Maybe she's a Paladin now and her resistance aura also boosts resistance to depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Remains to be seen, really. Part of the buy in will be in how the writers choose to play it. I'm personally hoping things aren't as straightforward as they seem, as that would be admittedly quite dull and formulaic. There's a lot of potential here all the same, and it would be nice to see some of it realized.
    Oh yes, the post-BfA WoW that praises unification and pushes it onto the factions no matter how hamfisted it is is bound to be nuanced and not straightforward in the least. The Forsaken will for sure oppose Calia for centuries before they buy into her perfect perfection. And if only that potential you mention didn't reek of the human variety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

"I told you so" is in order.

Good for the Forsaken. They will get a leader that cares for them.

I would say that's a projection - we don't really know the extent of what Derek endured under Sylvanas' watch, and whether it was better or worse in the granular sense than what was done to the Scourge.
    Let's see. Being attempted brainwashing on. Being turned into a literal puppet, forced to kill anyone in your path even if they were your loved ones, while you are still aware of what you're doing but completely unable to stop yourself. Yup, no way one could even attempt a guess in regards to which one is worse.

Also, a lot of the Forsaken (especially those raised by the Val'kyr) don't have that in common with the OG Forsaken either. Additionally, I've got a lot questions about that particular point as well, and how much it is played for propaganda by Sylvanas and Nathanos. The loss of the Forsaken's emissaries to the Alliance is a tragedy, no doubt; but neither is it really a firm casus belli for years of unremitting hostility. The Alliance mistaking them for Scourge, while deeply unfortunate, isn't exactly damning - coming off the heels of the Third War and the shared trauma of the Scourge it's pretty understandable, really. There's been time enough for cooler heads to prevail by this point.
    Mistaking them for the Scourge? Anduin said nothing of the sort when he admitted what the Alliance did to Sylvanas' emissaries when the Forsaken reached out. He said they didn't entertain the thought that they can be any different than the Scourge. And in the areas where Forsaken bordered the humans the conflict festered since before Vanilla so it's not like it was a one-time thing that the Forsaken had the opportunity to forget. Not that @Super Dickmann even talked about it in context of whether it's a casus belli or not.

I think we'll continue to agree to disagree, there. The original model for the Forsaken is still a road they can take - and in some ways, you'll need some of those pragmatic and coldly practical souls in the days to come. But a leaven is sorely needed so that the Forsaken don't veer into the ditch of one-dimensional villainy (a fate just as terrible as the one you feel they're heading toward).
    Why on earth would anything need any pragmatism, let alone the Forsaken flavor of it, in a world where you can solve your problems with the power of friendship?

I think it's pertinent to point out that becoming undead wasn't something Saa'ra forced onto Calia, either; it's what Calia wanted for herself as well - a reflection of what she wanted to become in light of what had happened at the Gathering. This isn't really a matter of the Light forcing a design on a resisting soul, it's the Light facilitating a change that was wanted and perhaps even necessary. Obviously the Light gets something out of it as well, but that's not definitionally a bad thing either. Saa'ra, as a redeemed darkened Naaru, has an understanding of the Void as well as the Light - it may well be more enlightened than Xe'ra ever was.
    Calia had literally no voice in the matter. Because she was kinda too dead for that at the moment. That she was OK with what happened to her is immaterial to whether it was forced on her or not.

You're fooling all of zero people. I have a draenei lying around but if I went around talking about how the issue with the draenei is that they're just too tied with the Light and the Legion and the focus should instead be on them being a planet-spanning arcane empire I'd be laughed out of the park because that's not their point.
    I have three Gnomes. I say Gnomes should wage war on humankind for the hegemony over the Alliance. Pay no attention to how all my Gnomes were sacrificed on Undercity run during periods of my main server's downtime.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-10-11 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    What kind of heresy is this? The only argument in favor of the claim that Calia's glorious return shouldn't give the Forsaken a 180 turn is that it should give them a 540 degrees one. Anything else is sinful. Blizzard's writers are professionals that are employed in the field and that automatically makes them amazeballs because it's just how things work. So trying to present this development as unbelievable has no support in how things are.

Carefull now. Some people might misinterpret this. Sarcasm detectors are rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Forsaken get a leader that actually cares about them, people still mad

Amazing
    who ?
    the problem is beside being anduin undead version, she has zero connection to horde and most forsaken should hate her in first place for just being a Menethil, something that for some reason the lore show exact opposite
    which made my mind f8ck itself in protest, well the entire BFA is sh8t but for ppl to want a menethil to lead them is a big pile of megash8t, didn't Arthas do enough already? didn't arthas make menethil name the most hatred and for the best reason possible to be hated? why would they want Arthas' sister to lead them? they want to die, again (or 3rd in case of DK) ?
    If forsaken love menethil why did she hide since wc3 days then? she should be the most hated alive/undead being on Azeroth, unless they changed lore, the Lich King was considered the biggest threat ever to Azeroth (at least that's how they described him), and she is his closet relative that exists right now
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But...but...i want a leader that gives away cookies and headpats like that boiking one. Everything should be same!
    They just want to give Forsaken boiking gender-bender leader .... god knows for what ....
    Blizzard:"Remember We Dont Want To Blur Faction Identity" and start shiting on that idea.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Oh yes, the post-BfA WoW that praises unification and pushes it onto the factions no matter how hamfisted it is is bound to be nuanced and not straightforward in the least.
    faction unification is reality, check last raid mythic race, horde capped 100 since ages, while alliance didn't even pass 1st page, unless Bobby Kodick get brain f8cked and change 180 and decide to give 'free' faction transfer (or seriously, forced in that case), refund anyone who changed from alliance to horde in last 2 years for raiding, the pve competition between alliance and horde - and as result pvp too - is dead
    While horde usually led pve, they were never the only pve/pvp faction, i remember clearly in wrath there was more than 50 of top 100 guilds in world alliance, they were still majority, while not the 1st (obvious) they still were in top 10 and top 25 etc
    Now horde do 100 mythic raid clear while alliance don't even pass 10, i think Azshara didn't even pass 20 mythic clear by alliance and the raid is out since months
    So what u think Bobby will command ? Actually do what is right for game or bend the lore a88 for gameplay as usual ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yep, just goes to show which people actually cared about the race and which people only cared about their waifu.
    I hate Sylvanas and I find the idea of a character scrapped out of nowhere be their leader even worse
    If they had to make a leader, they should made like the council that Sylvanas wiped, someone who is actually forsaken, Calia is at best a lightborn undead, she is totally different than them, among the reason i detailed earlier she is a f8cking Menethil and that name alone should make everyone on azeroth with even a gnoll brain want to kill her for what Arthas did

Also we have female leaders since ever, yet this exp specially the 'stronk female leader' left wing politics bullsh8t is very smelly in wow, they are getting role not for being actual good leaders but for having b88bs
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    WoD took an extra brown dump of poo on Orc identity. They have become effectivly the cannon fodder race of the Horde with no value of their own since Blizzard managed to kill every single important Character that is not Thrall(Geya'rah too), twice in a row now and joined into the dumpster fire of raid bosses. The Horde is dead. That is a fact. The Alliance is doing fine. Annd at least in that special situation here, NOT the victim.
    I'm originally a horde player and that's where my heart is. Switched to Draenei because of RL friends and haven't played in a while but I keep current. I'm happy with where the horde is. There are at their best when there is adversity to overcome.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    As said, I'm not making excuses for the Forsaken here or treating those parties as irrational, so much as saying that they weren't acting just out of lack of information or at prompting from Sylvanas. Especially re: Sylvanas and the blood elves since the word of the Horde wouldn't mean much if it's Sylvanas reaching out to them later on anyway. She still got rejected by them on the same page. And while the envoys' fate is ambiguous in Chronicle, Anduin says it directly in BTS and apologizes to Sylvanas about it as I recall. I think you're overplaying the ignorance and setting aside that even then there was the overall suspicion of the Forsaken as bad dudes and also the religious element of undead being against the Light. Hence the alterac quest where it tells you that official church doctrine is to burn their hearts because killing them is doing them a favor and so forth. To cover the next bit into this as well, what I'm getting at is that the Forsaken troubles back then were 'real' and unavoidable and not the fruit of some bad act by Sylvanas specifically that can be offloaded onto her.
    It's doubtful Anduin even knows - he assumes (as we both do), and regardless they died in Alliance lands so it is still indirectly their fault if not directly (the Alliance's, not Anduin's specifically). I don't think "ignorance" really factors into it overly, just the simple equation of Lordaeron + Undead = Scourge; which would've likely been all the Human kingdoms post-Third War would've considered. Just like the Blood Elves, really. They would've had absolutely no reason to trust any undead being coming to their lands saying "we are free of the Lich King and seek peace," especially in light of the fact that the Plague of Undeath under the cloak of subterfuge originally by the Cult of the Damned. The Church of the Light's doctrine reflects this - the undead are abominations, pitiable abominations for whom death is actually a release. Which isn't even really wrong given what we know of the Scourge of Darrowshire, for example, whose spirits are released when their undead forms are destroyed.

It's true that these are different identities. What I'm getting at is the core contrast of how being relieved of these difficulties you overcome by way of literal divine intervention and reverting to a previous identity that circumstances and your own choices separated you from is treated in Illidan's and the Forsaken's cases. I.e for Illidan it's bad, for the Forsaken it's good. As for the post-BTS Forsaken, yeah, no argument there, they're lemmings and I've been saying as much for a while. I heavily disagree that they were that before, but that's no longer relevant. As far as BTS and on is concerned, the Forsaken are people desperately in need of a ruler to tell them what to do, with even their prominent individuals being generally weak in terms of conviction and seeking someone to command them. Sylvanas' assessment of them as pitiable clingers is basically true. My issue chiefly is that this is an extremely weird direction in a story that tells us that Sylvanas is gone because of the personality cult and that she's generally supposed to be wrong, yet the Forsaken then immediately seek another personality cult and her reading of them is spot on. As a Forsaken fan, for there to be even a prayer of them to not be this shambles and reclaim their prior identity or develop one close to it, they need to ditch Calia.
    Or Calia could refuse to step into the space, opting to minister to the Forsaken but not serve as their temporal leader - forcing them to abandon the cult of personality as a leadership structure and instead master themselves. I think that would be a much better result than Calia just stepping into the vacuum left behind by Sylvanas, and also showing the Forsaken can do for themselves (proving Sylvanas wrong in the process).

The Forsaken did not beg to be ruled by Sylvanas. She tailored herself after their needs as much as vice versa. Hence why you've consistently had more extreme figures than her as well as more moderate ones. At least until the new canon, hence why I disagree with the 'always' part. But as for them changing from their prior characterization not being embracing their humanity wholesale, that'd be true only if that wasn't the change and it is - it's the whole point of Calia and of BTS. That they really are just humans and want to live like humans. Once again, there's a reason the entire prior Forsaken cast has ceased to be. They have no place among the nu-undead.
    I don't think that's borne out by either the Forsaken or Sylvanas' narratives, really. As per "Edge of Night":
    Originally Posted by Edge of Night
    Before her waited a grotesque, quivering mass of corpses, their armor piecemeal, their bodies broken, the stench unimaginable. Their plaintive, desperate gazes reminded her suddenly of children. They disgusted her. But their need empowered her. "The Lich King falters. Your will is your own. Are you to be outcasts now in your own land? Or do we embrace the cruel cards fate has dealt us and retake our place in this world?"

Her questions were greeted with gurgles, then a rasping, almost desperate cheer. Bony fists lifted toward the sky. These poor people: peasants, farmers, priests, warriors, lords and nobles… they hadn't yet come to grips with what had happened to them. But for somebody—anybody—to assure them that they belonged somewhere was electrifying. (Source)
    The desperate gazes of children, needing Sylvanas to lift them up and give them a sense of belonging - this isn't Sylvanas tailoring herself to their needs, it's her stepping into a matrix of desperation and fear originating from the Forsaken themselves.

I think the Light is, except perhaps for Life, probably the most benign cosmic power. That doesn't however mean it doesn't push its interests. As said, I don't think Calia is the carrier of that kind of twist, only that if you want to adopt that track, there's material to work with. In that light though, I'm kind of skeptical about the notion that she did it because of public disapproval for the family name so much as to be her own person. Which, following said dreams she had in BTS, is a perspective she flipped on and that she completely shifted on after her resurrection.
    I definitely think the Light, and perhaps Life itself, has a vested interest in both Calia and the Forsaken. I think that interest might itself be beneficent, however; as the state of undeath is neither positive for those who endure it nor great for the balance of Life and Death itself (if we take Bwonsamdi at his word).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

So since they are clearly no longer Forsaken, what shall the undead race now call itself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I admit I would laugh if for all their talk Derek and Calia couldn’t change the Forsaken and the Royal apothecary just keeps on going on as Calia and Derek take turns trying to hug them to make them better people.
    I think this will likely be the case. Even with Sylvanas in charge, she couldn't reign in everybody. Although, apparently she was responsible for the Wrathgate event, but there are no details as to what her motivations are beyond gassing Arthas. Why lose a whole bunch of Forsaken in a fake coup? Don't you need those?

Anyhoo, I also think Derek actually is a ticking time bomb for Sylvanas, but Jaina wasn't the intended target: Calia is. Derek is going to murder her and break the Forsaken's hope, which is apparently what Sylvanas is interested in these days. Voss will end up leader whether she likes it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    So since they are clearly no longer Forsaken, what shall the undead race now call itself?
    The Naughty Rotties feat. Calia Menethil.

It's doubtful Anduin even knows - he assumes (as we both do), and regardless they died in Alliance lands so it is still indirectly their fault if not directly (the Alliance's, not Anduin's specifically). I don't think "ignorance" really factors into it overly, just the simple equation of Lordaeron + Undead = Scourge; which would've likely been all the Human kingdoms post-Third War would've considered. Just like the Blood Elves, really. They would've had absolutely no reason to trust any undead being coming to their lands saying "we are free of the Lich King and seek peace," especially in light of the fact that the Plague of Undeath under the cloak of subterfuge originally by the Cult of the Damned. The Church of the Light's doctrine reflects this - the undead are abominations, pitiable abominations for whom death is actually a release. Which isn't even really wrong given what we know of the Scourge of Darrowshire, for example, whose spirits are released when their undead forms are destroyed.
    I agree with what you say here, I'll only add that it makes sense that their policy didn't especailly shift once they did recognize the Forsaken as a separate entity, because of what undeath does to you, which as you note is factual - it does twist your body and soul and you probably are damned. Now where you go is a bit up in the air. That said, Anduin was if not a primary source to all this, then alive when it happened and had access to archives and people who were there when they showed up. I need to rifle through BTS to confirm, but I'm fairly sure he speaks of it as an objective element that actually took place rather than as a disappearance than may have been death.

Or Calia could refuse to step into the space, opting to minister to the Forsaken but not serve as their temporal leader - forcing them to abandon the cult of personality as a leadership structure and instead master themselves. I think that would be a much better result than Calia just stepping into the vacuum left behind by Sylvanas, and also showing the Forsaken can do for themselves (proving Sylvanas wrong in the process).
    The issue is that what's good for Calia as a character and what's good for the Forsaken clash. If Calia does not become Forsaken leader but is just a 'bridge' between them and the Alliance or them and the Light, then the whole 'rightful Queen returns' aspect of her story and the destiny that guides her towards it is dampened making her superfluous. The Forsaken on the other hand are in the best light if they either reject her or she exits, to assert their independent identity outside the personality cult and to maintain the experiences they've had because they shaped them into who they are now. This half-way path you depict has the issues of both - the Forsaken both need her for her guidance, meaning we're back to them being relapsing junkies, and this has already happened re: Voss and Delaryn, so we're halfway there already and at the same time, Calia does not fulfill her prophetic purpose of sitting the throne and taking charge of the state, which may lead to an actual reassertion of the Forsaken identity when she eventually either becomes more like them or turns out to be the unwitting agent of some less than nice scheme.

The desperate gazes of children, needing Sylvanas to lift them up and give them a sense of belonging - this isn't Sylvanas tailoring herself to their needs, it's her stepping into a matrix of desperation and fear originating from the Forsaken themselves.
    This is Sylvanas's own perception of what she does, but it's one not borne out by what we actually see. The main pillar of the Forsaken spiritually in Vanilla is the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow - a cult of self-actualization and self-mastery that's highly individualistic. We also have their nascent goals of perpetuating their existence and taking over land, through rogue and Varimathras-themed quests and then their feelings of loss and need for survival. Sylvanas is in the position she is because she represents all these things, but she's not commanding lemmings, unlike her BFA version. Darkmar and the like turn on Sylvanas purely because of what bad she's doing to others for example, but more tellingly, a significant number of Forsaken, Putress included, put their hatred for the living beyond her intentions against Arthas and beyond any belief in her. Sylvanas is as much their engine of vengeance as vice versa and should she be ill-fit for purpose she'll go. She does not have total control of society, something reflected in Cata and on, both when people simply leave or turn against her on a fairly common basis among the named characters raised or people like Judkins or Stillwater, but also in Sylvanas' own perception. When she invites Vereesa along, her core reason for wanting to kill and raise her is because the Forsaken won't tolerate a living leader. I.e, their value - 'dislike the living', trumps their faith in Sylvanas - the Sylvanas cult is what it is because she reflects the values and drives they already have and pushes them onward, basically a self-reinforcing loop.

The public image of Sylvanas the cult figure is peak Forsaken essentially - she is self-actualized and went from a slave to master of the land, like they did - she was rebuffed by the living and made them pay - like they did, she wants to assert her power over the world and acknowledges undeath as a superior state in Cataclysm - like they did. The catch is that Sylvanas does not believe many of these things - she did not break free the way some of them did, it was coincidence, she doesn't actually hate the living, she probably gave more of a shit about the blood elves than the Forsaken at that stage and she didn't care what happened to the living provided Arthas died, and she doesn't actually believe that undeath is better given her miserable internal monologue. And whenever she does not match one of the things she's supposed to represent, some Forsaken fuck off. Except in BFA I guess, then they just wait for someone else to latch onto.

I definitely think the Light, and perhaps Life itself, has a vested interest in both Calia and the Forsaken. I think that interest might itself be beneficent, however; as the state of undeath is neither positive for those who endure it nor great for the balance of Life and Death itself (if we take Bwonsamdi at his word).
    While undeath is not especially nice, I'm not sure how seriously we can take Bwon or the Lich King, considering they both raise dead plenty and in Bwon's case work to hoard as many souls as possible. As for the Light, it's not so much that it won't be benevolent, since I'd argue even the version we're told is really extreme like the Lightbound are probably better than their alternative on Draenor from the view of actually existing in their society, but that it's benevolent at the expense of whatever else they might want to be. In Calia's case, if they take this route, which again, I disbelieve, it'd be taking her from someone who just wants to live her life after being confined by what she views as stifling as a monarch's daughter to a messiah figure.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-10-12 at 08:44 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    "I told you so" is in order.

Good for the Forsaken. They will get a leader that cares for them.
    I wonder once every race gets a leader that cares about them the way Anduin does how fun the setting will become.

What's funny is that people act like there wasn't a decade that went by where writing choices were being made, and instead think that this scenario with Sylvanas was a fixed course of destiny that couldn't be avoided.

Like, when they wrote Cataclysm and the new Silverpine after "Edge of Night", they could have made the choice that her speech about the Forsaken to the Player Character was... sincere! That she had actually found and adopted this as her purpose in unlife after her suicidal event and return. They never needed to go on with a story that requires we look back at that and it have been bullshit posturing.

Like, when she followed Vol'jin's orders and saved the Horde from a Total Party Kill in "Legion" and left her insert-joke work-spouse Varian behind with a vaguely regretful look astern as they sailed home, and then was put on the spot to "step out of the shadows and lead"... that moment could have actually been her having to step forward and reconcile that the world of the living does still have a place for her. They never needed to go with a story that requires we look back and have to imagine she's laughing in her inner evil while Vol'jin was being duped into promoting her.

People that are still mad about what they've done with Sylvanas aren't ignoring a fixed narrative going back 15 years, they are upset that Blizzard continually chose story path "X" instead of story path "square" every single time there was a fork in the road. Especially since the endpoint is that the race whose very name is about having been rejected by their former friends/families/nations suddenly being led by a Menethil and a Proudmoore as though it was all a big misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Like, when she followed Vol'jin's orders and saved the Horde from a Total Party Kill in "Legion" and left her insert-joke work-spouse Varian behind with a vaguely regretful look astern as they sailed home, and then was put on the spot to "step out of the shadows and lead"... that moment could have actually been her having to step forward and reconcile that the world of the living does still have a place for her. They never needed to go with a story that requires we look back and have to imagine she's laughing in her inner evil while Vol'jin was being duped into promoting her.
    The most irritating part in that particular part of this shitshow is that within BTS, the evidence that her sentiments about Varian and Vol'jin were genuine is incontrovertible. Within her own mind she remembers how she reacted with shock and horror at people like Thrall and Baine being hurt, how she regretted seeing a proud warrior like Varian die but Vol'jin, as her Warchief, was the one she had to follow and how she admired how he ran the Horde and how she was now proud to hold the position. She was ignorant of who appointed her and though the spirits did it and her objective had jack to do with feeding death and all to do with brutal, but 'mundane' conquest of the sort she'd practiced prior. These things might as well be taking place in another reality to the bits about how the Forsaken were actually victims of an orwellian state all along and Cataclysm's Lordaeron nationalism bit never happened, and how she twirls her mustache at every opportunity in BFA proper.

BTS had its blurb changed twice and was delayed once, with said blurb always becoming more demonstrative of what it ended up being that is Sylvanas is Satan, everyone else is god's gift to the world. There was a version of this story that wasn't Mists 2.0: Honorable Boogaloo and it was a deliberate move to go away from it, not some 9d chess. This was neither desirable, necessary or inevitable.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-10-12 at 02:20 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

forsaken are totally boring with this leader.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Man, this thread is something special.

I for one am interested to see where they take the Forsaken now that they aren't tied to a single character.

Also, for those of you quitting over this, please stay away from FFXIV, we don't need your kind clogging up that community with this level of toxicity.
    Hahahaha why would we go to a shitty asian mmo when we got classic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

so when will the orcs come to alliance and humans come to horde?

I have read some posts in the US WoW Story Forum about Calia and i liked some of the idea's, especially the ones where Calia is failing to rule and guide the Forsaken. They don't care about her compassion and don't except her, because she is an outsider, who has nothing in common with the Forsaken, has never experienced anything they have. She ,and Derek also, would be like a child to them when it comes to being undead, the Forsaken being undead for far longer and have far more experience to cope with that kind of existence in their own way. I also liked the suggestion that Calia could experience bad interactions with the living, especially the Alliance, where she meets Alliance ambassadors who find her disgusting, calling her the queen of corpses or even threaten her and the Forsaken.

These kind of experiences could shake her connection to the Light and in her current naive believes based on her ignorance. In the priest hall, she is a discipline priest already, that means, she also has a connection to the Void. All this time with the Forsaken could turn her a few shades darker, because the behaviour and the views of the Forsaken would rub of on her. That even by being resurrected by the Light, the dulling and corruption of the emotions by existing as an Undead effects her and Calia becomes more and more like the other Forsaken herself. To the horror of characters like Anduin and Jaina. This could go so far, that she starts to use more Void magic instead of Light, or she uses both, as she did as disciplin priest. Blizzard would even have the option to bring in the Cult of Forgotten Shadow at this point and integrate Calia into the Cult, making her at the end not the sole leader of the Forsaken, but only one member of a Desolate Council. If her views are twisted by being Undead, she could also try to create her own version of the Cult of the Damned, where she brings living and undead together in a certain way.

Something like this could be a good solution for the character, IF she really becomes the leader of the Forsaken and we are not kind of lucky and she will only be the leader of Allied Race for the Alliance. But sadly, as she is a creation of Golden and literally Anduin with tits, the ideas mentioned above probably won't come true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Even Voss isn't ideal if you ask me. She rejected being forsaken for nearly all of her screen time thus far. Then randomly *poofs* into the Horde in BfA.
    She hasn't really done much for "her people" either. Just farmed lots of azerite for me.
    Yeah, they're overdoing it by placing Voss so central in the Forsaken storyline. But the root of all sins comes from the way Blizzard never properly developed a single Forsaken who wasn't that fucking undead elf of Sylvanas, they have no previously developed character capable fill the humongous vacuum left by her and so they hastily came up with random ideas like Calia becoming an "holy undead" and Voss making a 180° out of nowhere in BfA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.