Page 1 of 3
LastLast

(Spoilers) Gallywix's Pride and the Vindicaar

So we went an entire world war that had its campaign end in 8.2.5 without either of these weapons being used in any capacity. The Alliance sabotaged this massive cannon that is "aimed" at Stormwind, but the Horde fixed it afterwards. As for the Vindicaar, there was absolutely no use or involvement of the ship whatsoever besides being the base of operations for a militarized faction of Draenei. For being such season warriors, the Lightforged didn't have much of a spotlight in this war compared to the other Allied Races. Now we have the Goblin Heritage Armor scenario in Crapopolis, which involves Gallywix, that's addressing something completely different than his "Pride" that was never utilized in YEARS.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295523/...story-spoilers

So other than "Blizz iz lazy and horrible at writing a cohesive story," what reasons do you guys think these super-weapons were never used in the war? Hell, they could have been used in 8.3 against N'Zoth!!! Is there an any room in the future story to involve these weapons? A resurgence of the Burning Legion perhaps?

Tell me your thoughts!
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

Thats the issue with the faction wars.

The Horde would just get absolutely stomped if we go by the power of our leaders and their armies.

The Alliance overall has by a big mile the stronger armies and leaders overall. Jaina, Malfurion & Tyrande, Velen. Those four alone are immensively powerful already. Possibly even Illidan if Tyrandes life is in big danger.

What does the Horde have? They have Sylvanas, yeah, but what else? Orcs? Thrall is a powerless shaman that turned into a regular warrior. A good one nonetheless, but nothing outstanding. Baine and Lor'theron? Theyre more peaceful than anything else. Gallywixs Technology was always hard behind Mekkatorques shown all throughout BfA.

This is why this Games story is poop. If this would be a singleplayer Game, we would have already seen the Horde dismantled just like Varian threatened them. But for the sake of equality, neither side is ever suffering hard losses.

Great, we lost two completly irrelevant Cities nobody used anyway. Make us fight for Stormwind, make us lose Orgrimmar, but nah, the same usual shit with uniting at the end again "OH MY, We were idiots once again! Who would have thought that another far more powerful entity than us is gonna attack us again! Its not like this has happened ever before!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Super weapons and status quo really don't like each other. Thats the reason neither of them will ever see light of day.

With Gallywix evidently running off with Sylvanas, maybe at some point he comes back and gets his giant gun and tries to use it on us in a dungeon or raid whenever Sylvanas's story kicks in

It's possible that the cannon, being of inferior goblin craftsmanship, simply doesn't work. Or would blow up half of Azshara if fired. The vindicaar though has no excuse.

My assumption is that most of these outlets are instant "game over" scenarios or create scenarios that do the same thing. There's really no need to implement them story-wise if they are planning on writing/continuing/expanding more.

Using that cannon would have been foolish. Not only is goblin technology very unreliable and prone to backfiring, but the sheer recoil of the cannon would devastate the city below.

As for the Vindicaar, if it had been used then the Alliance would have won the War of Thorns (just its teleporting capabilities would have been enough to secure victory as it would have removed the main disadvantage of the Alliance). Thus you quickly realize why Blizzard wrote the Vindicaar out of the plot.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Narrative density. They crammed as much as they could in. Gallywix got spotlight, but I'm fine with dismissing the giant cannon in favor of giant azerite mech that fits the expansion flavor and is portable for mid-air mech battling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    It's possible that the cannon, being of inferior goblin craftsmanship, simply doesn't work. Or would blow up half of Azshara if fired. The vindicaar though has no excuse.
    Uh, I think blowing up half of Azshara would prove that the cannon is actually a pretty impressive example of how superior goblin manufacture is, actually! /goblin_perspective

I like to think that Gallywix's canon is just for show and was actually never meant to be in any way functional, though it is my understanding that some quest text implies otherwise.

But weren't we told that the canon WILL actually be used? What happened?

he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been mentioning this for a long time now, both sides got WMDs and one one used them....I understand why the horde did fire off that cannon but there was no excuse for the vindicator just out there sitting on it's ass or where the hell was Occuleth at? Wouldn't he be important at a time like this for the Horde? Or the gnomes with their possible nuke schematics?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Uh, I think blowing up half of Azshara would prove that the cannon is actually a pretty impressive example of how superior goblin manufacture is, actually! /goblin_perspective
    ^ I didn't see it that way but now that you mention it,.....it being fired is a success for goblins....minus the fallout afterwards lol.

I disagree on the statement that Horde would be stomped by Alliance if all weapons would be used.
    While true that Alliance has stronger heroes, it's for compensate for weaker army. The average horde soldier is stronger than its alliance counterpart.

And Horde people are more trained and accostumed to war, even civilian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nysisyn View Post
    The average horde soldier is stronger than its alliance counterpart.

Waiting for someone to say 'them's fighten' werds'.

"We all die, that's just a natural part of life. But if you are living without a purpose, you're already dead." -Kiba, Wolf's Rain

Quote Originally Posted by nysisyn View Post
    I disagree on the statement that Horde would be stomped by Alliance if all weapons would be used.
    While true that Alliance has stronger heroes, it's for compensate for weaker army. The average horde soldier is stronger than its alliance counterpart.

What those soldiers going to do when a giant space lazer melts the entire battlefield? Also lorewise the Alliance has the more powerful mages they could kill all the orc warriors before they even got near a human soldier. And realistically all the horde druids wouldn't side with Sylvanas nor pretty much any "good" class. Hell then fact that any demon hunters would side with the Horde is completely silly when the Blood Elf leader for them is fanatically obsessed with Illidan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    With Gallywix evidently running off with Sylvanas
    What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    But weren't we told that the canon WILL actually be used? What happened?
    They tried, but due to a weird combination of competence and total lack thereof, the powder used turned out to be the one single Goblin made thing that will not, under any circumstances, explode.

It's a tough situation to have major weapons like that on each faction. Use them, it's OP and imbalances the factions. Don't use them, and the characters look like idiots.

I generally think it was a mistake for Blizzard to state that the cannon would fire in BfA during last Blizzcon.
    Q: When are you develop Gallywix's back story and how has being part of the larger Horde affected him as a leader?
    A: When they let me make the pleasure palace into an actual pleasure palace, Azshara will be covered in his sky scrapers. But really, we're going to look into it. The canon? We're gonna fire that canon.
    It's a lose-lose situation no matter what. I'd rather they didn't introduce huge powerful things like the cannon or the Vindicaar without making it equal on both sides. If the Horde also got a dimensional ship with lasers, cool, we could have a new loot pinata ship battle that would be epic. If the Gnomes had their own huge cannon to combat Gallywix's Pride, cool, might work out.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    So we went an entire world war that had its campaign end in 8.2.5 without either of these weapons being used in any capacity. The Alliance sabotaged this massive cannon that is "aimed" at Stormwind, but the Horde fixed it afterwards. As for the Vindicaar, there was absolutely no use or involvement of the ship whatsoever besides being the base of operations for a militarized faction of Draenei. For being such season warriors, the Lightforged didn't have much of a spotlight in this war compared to the other Allied Races. Now we have the Goblin Heritage Armor scenario in Crapopolis, which involves Gallywix, that's addressing something completely different than his "Pride" that was never utilized in YEARS.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295523/...story-spoilers

So other than "Blizz iz lazy and horrible at writing a cohesive story," what reasons do you guys think these super-weapons were never used in the war? Hell, they could have been used in 8.3 against N'Zoth!!! Is there an any room in the future story to involve these weapons? A resurgence of the Burning Legion perhaps?

Tell me your thoughts!
    It's no more effective than just airships honestly. Quicker maybe, but that's all. It has one bloody gun and that's it.

The cannon should shoot the Vindicaar out of the sky and, in doing so, backfire enough to turn the cannon into a smoking crater. Thus neutralising both of these totally imbalanced plot devices waiting to tilt the story.