10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That's a pacifier for Trump.
    I doubt that Murdoch will go any further.
    I think they will absolutely go further. This was a desperation move by Barr and Trump, but it is one of the few cards they have left, and it looks like Barr got what he wanted.

Let's break down the position Trump is in right now:

1) He can't avoid impeachment if Pelosi pushes it. She already has the votes, and he has zero support on the Democratic side of the aisle.
    2) He desperately needs the GOP to have his back and save his ass, only a part line vote can save him at this point.
    3) McConnell is in an extremely tough position that is growing worse by the day. The Fox News poll this week really highlighted the problem. If more and more Republican voters support removing the President, that puts an already tough 2020 election in a desperate position. If those voters stay home, or worse switch their votes on the top of the ticket, the effects on GOP seats everywhere is disastrous. There aren't enough GOP seats that have big enough margins to survive that any more.
    4) About 40% of the GOP base is so diehard behind Trump that they will crucify any GOP lawmaker that votes to remove Trump. There are basically zero GOP seats that can survive this. So McConnell can't afford to remove Trump. BUT the previous point makes it tough, because if that number keeps growing, he is screwed either way if it goes to a vote.
    5) This leaves McConnell another option, and that is the one I think Trump is most terrified of right now. Mitch McConnell demanding his resignation. McConnell can force the issue in private, shielding him from the political disaster of this going to a vote. It may be Mitch's only option to save GOP power in Washington if this keeps getting worse.
    6) Fox News is the key to tying Trump to the GOP, and always has been. But signs the network is willing to break with Trump are popping up everywhere over the last few weeks. If Barr has some sort of leverage over Murdoch, he can force the network back in line, and drive home to Moscow Mitch that their fates are intertwined, and that the only way Mitch survives this is if Trump stays President.

That is what I think the meeting is about. Trump doesn't have to win over the democrats, he just has to ensure Republican loyalty, and none of those bastards can win if Fox News blasts them any time they waver from the party line. Shep Smith going is just the first part of this.

At least we get pretty good confirmation that Barr is nothing more than Trumps Bottom Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I think they will absolutely go further. This was a desperation move by Barr and Trump, but it is one of the few cards they have left, and it looks like Barr got what he wanted.

Let's break down the position Trump is in right now:

1) He can't avoid impeachment if Pelosi pushes it. She already has the votes, and he has zero support on the Democratic side of the aisle.
    2) He desperately needs the GOP to have his back and save his ass, only a part line vote can save him at this point.
    3) McConnell is in an extremely tough position that is growing worse by the day. The Fox News poll this week really highlighted the problem. If more and more Republican voters support removing the President, that puts an already tough 2020 election in a desperate position. If those voters stay home, or worse switch their votes on the top of the ticket, the effects on GOP seats everywhere is disastrous. There aren't enough GOP seats that have big enough margins to survive that any more.
    4) About 40% of the GOP base is so diehard behind Trump that they will crucify any GOP lawmaker that votes to remove Trump. There are basically zero GOP seats that can survive this. So McConnell can't afford to remove Trump. BUT the previous point makes it tough, because if that number keeps growing, he is screwed either way if it goes to a vote.
    5) This leaves McConnell another option, and that is the one I think Trump is most terrified of right now. Mitch McConnell demanding his resignation. McConnell can force the issue in private, shielding him from the political disaster of this going to a vote. It may be Mitch's only option to save GOP power in Washington if this keeps getting worse.
    6) Fox News is the key to tying Trump to the GOP, and always has been. But signs the network is willing to break with Trump are popping up everywhere over the last few weeks. If Barr has some sort of leverage over Murdoch, he can force the network back in line, and drive home to Moscow Mitch that their fates are intertwined, and that the only way Mitch survives this is if Trump stays President.

That is what I think the meeting is about. Trump doesn't have to win over the democrats, he just has to ensure Republican loyalty, and none of those bastards can win if Fox News blasts them any time they waver from the party line. Shep Smith going is just the first part of this.
    There's also this option which is highly unlikely

7) McConnell holds the impeachment vote in secret so that Trump gets removed and GOP members can claim they supported and removed Trump at the same time without consequence.

Honestly though I still think there's a 99.99% chance they just hold a kangaroo court complete with all the wack job conspiracy theories. Trump does not get removed and he claims TOTAL AND COMPLETE EXONERATION.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    There's also this option which is highly unlikely

7) McConnell holds the impeachment vote in secret so that Trump gets removed and GOP members can claim they supported and removed Trump at the same time without consequence.

Honestly though I still think there's a 99.99% chance they just hold a kangaroo court complete with all the wack job conspiracy theories. Trump does not get removed and he claims TOTAL AND COMPLETE EXONERATION.
    I am about 99% sure you can't hold an impeachment vote in secret. That would be beyond outrageous to remove a President and not tell the American people who voted for it and who didn't.

And another "acting" secretary leaves. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...04700699086848

why are all these rats ruing away, and does anyone else's feet feel wet?

https://twitter.com/politico/status/...273840640?s=20

I bet he's all for a war if only to take attention off the impeachment.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Considering the likelihood that Trump shared intel to help Turkey kill Kurds....this isn't surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    And another "acting" secretary leaves. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...04700699086848

why are all these rats ruing away, and does anyone else's feet feel wet?
    That's 4 Homeland Security secretaries now, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's 4 Homeland Security secretaries now, right?
    On the fourth day of impeachment the fat turd gave to me.

Four Homeland secretaries
    Three court losses
    Two arrested Ukrainians
    And An AG getting Smith fried from fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    https://twitter.com/politico/status/...273840640?s=20

I bet he's all for a war if only to take attention off the impeachment.
    Ok, didn't he JUST say he was bringing troops home in order to fulfill a campaign pledge, like that was the whoooooooole supposed rationale for the Turkey situation...? But I guess that WAS two days ago, who can even remember....

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    And An AG getting Smith fried from fox.
    Isn't this one a violation of the first amendment? Government official getting someone fired for saying things he doesn't like seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Where are the "FREE SPEECH!" fuckers complaining about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Isn't this one a violation of the first amendment? Government official getting someone fired for saying things he doesn't like seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Hiding behind "plausible" deniability?

Smith went to them a month ago asking to be let out of his contract. https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/media...ith/index.html

"plausible deniability" we don't know 100% what Barr said to Murdoch. We just know they meet and the next day the biggest anti trump/pro truth voices on the network was gone, so they can claim its just totally unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Considering the likelihood that Trump shared intel to help Turkey kill Kurds....this isn't surprising.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/us-s...-kurds-2019-10

You were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So, not only did he abandon our allies, but he betrayed them. Fantastic.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So it wasn't just thoughtless fuckery, it was deliberately malicious fuckery.

Jesus fucking Christ this man.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I am about 99% sure you can't hold an impeachment vote in secret. That would be beyond outrageous to remove a President and not tell the American people who voted for it and who didn't.
    Actually you can there are also other loopholes to get it passed like if only 2/3rd of the senate shows up for the vote the minority can vote to remove him. The turtle has options he has free range on how this can go.

- - - Updated - - -

So many people will die just because of a fucking hotel in Istanbul.

Can this nightmare be over already, can congress do the right thing and just speed run impeachment.

:/ what the hell