Page 48 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If it was a rogue element it would of been altered. It wasn't, it's still there.
    Because Netease might not want it altered and Blizzard can do little to force them maybe? It is certainly a rogue element since it does not show up in the Blizzard account statement. Why is there a difference if one did not go rogue?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They admitted no wrong doing and are only reconsider it to try to control the outrage.
    Knew if I tried I could get another gem out of you like this.

Blizzard did nothing wrong- dude literally used an old meme line with blizzard inserted as a serious statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    So a personal anecdote with no source? Cool.
    I mean, don't believe me if you want, but that's reality. Ask any communications professional who works on products with regional distributors/publishers and they'll tell you the same.

Because Netease might not want it altered and Blizzard can do little to force them maybe?
    That's not how regional publishers work. If your licencor tells you that you need to do something, and that something doesn't violate standing contracts, you need to do that something or you're in violation of the contract.

Them not responding was not the right choice, things were getting worse with them refusing to comment.

This response was so inoffensively neutral (unless people wanted them absolving ties to China) that most whining will now die down besides the diehards.
    It's not dying down at all, if anything it spiked even more interest in the story. You really aren't reading the internet right now are you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Knew if I tried I could get another gem out of you like this. Blizzard did nothing wrong- dude literally used an old meme line with blizzard inserted as a serious statement.
    So you are only interested in one answer. Why ask questions? Why discuss if all you want to do is rage in an echo chamber? Blizzard literally said they did nothing wrong and just enforced their rules. But are walking those rules back to 6 months simply because of the outrage. Literally what statement from Blizzard did you read if you think otherwise?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It's not dying down at all, if anything it spiked even more interest in the story. You really aren't reading the internet right now are you?
    You're telling me that interest in the story spiked at the EXACT MOMENT AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT from Blizzard West dropped?

Yeah, no shit. See you in a week when people have moved on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's not how regional publishers work. If your licencor tells you that you need to do something, and that something doesn't violate standing contracts, you need to do that something or you're in violation of the contract.
    So why the difference between the messages then? Do you think China would enforce a contract when they pull a bunch of other shady stuff? All they have to do is "reassign" they guy who would be seen as a hero. It is amusing how you literally think Blizzard has in the contract that their country is China and that they approve that they will defend the pride of their country.

Seriously. How dumb is that. That is exactly why it was "rogue". Because it doesn't normally work that way but it did. Lol.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-10-12 at 01:40 AM.

if they're going to keep saying "no politics", then they REALLY have to go and fix how every single leading character in wow is now female, and stop celebrating pride month, and all of that at their events.

you can't have it both ways. either you want people to be political at your shit or not. take a stance, all or none.

it's, ironically, like talliesin said "i want it there because i agree with it", you can't pick and choose or you're a hypocrite. i realize that, i knew it when i was in favor of it. but now that they're coming out with statements, you've gotta pick a side. all or none.

You're telling me that interest in the story spiked at the EXACT MOMENT AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT from Blizzard West dropped?

Yeah, no shit. See you in a week when people have moved on.
    Yea interest, and not the type of interest that is good for blizzard. Are you beginning to understand yet? No one is saying "oh good guy blizzard fixed it!" more of calling them on their shit and direct lies in the statement.

Also you guys where saying people would forget about it by the weekend? Why the backtracking now to "see you in a week"? The classic.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if they're going to keep saying "no politics", then they REALLY have to go and fix how every single leading character in wow is now female, and stop celebrating pride month, and all of that at their events.

you can't have it both ways. either you want people to be political at your shit or not. take a stance, all or none.

it's, ironically, like talliesin said "i want it there because i agree with it", you can't pick and choose or you're a hypocrite. i realize that, i knew it when i was in favor of it. but now that they're coming out with statements, you've gotta pick a side. all or none.
    When have they promoted gay pride or similar stuff on official Blizzard esports broadcasts? I assume they have since you have this stance. I don't know.

There isn't a rule against politics. The board catch-all rule was against doing anything that would harm Blizzard's image. And if a guy expressing his opinion for Hong Kong to not be part of what is easily the closest modern equivalent to Nazi Germany is a statement that hurts your image, the problem is with Blizzard.

That is why you know them saying "our relationships in China had no influence on our decision" is total BS.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    When have they promoted gay pride or similar stuff on official Blizzard esports broadcasts? I assume they have since you have this stance. I don't know.
    https://youtu.be/U0aiuTmWAvs?t=94
    https://twitter.com/overwatchleague/...60019660251137
    https://twitter.com/overwatchleague/...60021174296578

Last edited by Hitei; 2019-10-12 at 01:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    There is a difference between what is legal and "official" celebrations in the country you are based and political statements about a countries government. You can have it both ways because one is a Blizzard approved message. They want to remain neutral on the subject of nation politics. Which is perfectly fine. Besides they have already been taking these stances on everything already with no complaint from anyone.

Because something offends someone and they haven't deleted the game. They have even done this before with China by changing models and stuff. And yet it wasn't a huge issue of outrage. Because there are differences.

Besides like I said it isn't really a "political" thing in the United States anymore. Even if some groups are still against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    dude, overwatch is full of lgbt characters.

You can have it both ways because one is a Blizzard approved message. They want to remain in the Chinese government's good graces.
    Yes. Exactly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yes. Exactly.
    Sweet so you are censoring what I say and changing it to further your own view. And you have something wrong with China? Its only bad when others do it right?

Everything is political. Having a black character can be seen as political. Having only white characters can be seen as political. Having only males can be seen as political. Everything is political at some level and drawing a line between different types isn't hypocritical.

It took them 3 days to come up with such a weak ass statement.

Blizzcon is gonna be great.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Wait it’s dated Oct. 12. It’s the 12th in China. Hmmmm this gives me the big think.
    “I want to be clear: our relationships in China had no influence on our decision.”

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    dude, overwatch is full of lgbt characters.
    i wouldn't say having lgbt characters is political.

playing it up, preaching a real world message in a fantasy world, and celebrating pride and such at events most definitely is though.

Ugh.

I don't envy J Allen's position here. No matter what it's a losing battle. Anything short of complete condemnation of China would fall short of the internet's collective hate boner. There was never any chance of that happening so any statement is going to look weak to most casual observers. Don't get me wrong, I found the official statement fairly underwhelming but fuck guys. How much of this is actually about the issue at hand and how much is just mob mentality bashing Blizzard?