Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Originally Posted by J. Allen Brack (Blue Tracker)

The specific views expressed by blitzchung were NOT a factor in the decision we made. I want to be clear: our relationships in China had no influence on our decision.
    If this is the case, howcome they hypocritically have not levied the same punishment to American University and its players who did the exact same thing in solidarity with Blitzchung?

One guy did it seriously. The others did it because it's a meme now. Go figure.
    Hi

A player broke a rule, yes. He got punished for it, also yes. But a company can still choose whether or not to enact on it. If the player's voice is in line with the company's values then why not stand with him? Punish him sure. But how about standing your ground afterwards? What the player did was stupid and was brave. He literally put his life in danger for something he believes in. I personally can respect that and if it's my company, I will stand with him...after I punished him for breaking my rules.

Would I say the same thing if someone was spewing super right wing views after winning a match? If the someone broke a rule and I will punish them accordingly but I will condemn them afterwards because it is not something I believe in. As a person/company, I can always choose how and where I stand on any given issue. I am mad that Blizzard didn't. The lack of spine is just as good as what everyone said about them and China money. Imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    All right, everyone, stop whining and move on, if it's not your problem, don't try to be the world's hero. Stop trying to ruin video games for those of us not affected. I want more WoW expansions and Blizzcon to uninterrupted by stupid protests, if you don't like it, kiss my ass and go play something else, but leave Blizzard alone. They deserve to make money and have investors to answer to. Video gaming isn't a platform to protest human rights, that's just fucking juvenile and attention-grabbing whore shit.

So again, I ask you, kindly kiss my ass and stop trying to protest Blizzard. Find different venues.

Yours kindly,

Yeah, how dare some people want to change the world?

They should rather just post edgy memes on the internet and share their nihilistic views... like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Not how this works.

I can be upset and offended about both. I dont have to do only one or the other.
    But you have to be upset and in outraged for both first, as i did not notice a particular outrage for human rights in western countries that is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    That might be a reasonable take if they didn't actively allow people to go political in OWL--and if they didn't literally let an american HS team do the exact same thing EVEN MORE AGRESSIVELY a couple days later with ZERO punishment.
    Well, you have to look at the context as well. Perhaps this was a stream aimed at Western viewers. So Chinese people can't be offended if they are not tuning into an English stream and can't understand the English language. I guess somewhat hypocritical of them still, but clearly the actual Chinese broadcast caused a bigger controversy since it was directly aimed at Chinese audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Yeah totally.

Has nothing to do with politics while Blizzard CN broadcasts that they will defend the pride of China...

Now, the player knew what he was getting into, but still blizzard can't have it both ways. Either they have values that are more important than money... or not...
    Multi million dollar publicly traded company expected to have "rich, high, moral fiber and values over... making MILLIONS of dollars."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah totally.

Has nothing to do with politics while Blizzard CN broadcasts that they will defend the pride of China...

Now, the player knew what he was getting into, but still blizzard can't have it both ways. Either they have values that are more important than money... or not...
    Hey I hate to break it to you but anything with the Blizzard name that operates inside mainland China is owned by Tencent, a Chinese company aka they answer to Tencent rather then blizzard HQ. Anyone who thought they were going against their own government is not informed enough to be a part of this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yep - that makes sense.

The possibility that the decision coincided with there interests in China is there - but the decision was exactly the same decision practised on the Blizzard forums when politics comes up - of ANY kind.

I know people are emotional and on the hunt for the latest reason to hate Blizzard, but be rational here folks.
    I don't have any facts on wether it was influenced by their relation to china, but you can infer things from their hypocrisy in them not suspending, banning or punishing American University hearthstone players who did the exact same thing on a Hearthstone tournament stream in solidarity with Blitzchung.

Maybe he should have explained himself on that matter aswell, seeing as we now have 2 cases of this occuring:

One with a chinese man being penalized for speaking out about Hong Kong, with Blizzard's main publisher in China saying that they will protect China's dignity

Second with an american hearthstone team not being penalized, infact being invited back for more games after their livestreamed spiel.

Forgive my cynicism here, but it just seems like Brack is a liar.

Last edited by OriginalName; 2019-10-12 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Multi million dollar publicly traded company expected to have "rich, high, moral fiber and values over... making MILLIONS of dollars."

I'm not the one expecting them have to have values. They themself do this. They put them in front of their HQ.

I can fully understand why they did it. I just find the hypocrisy hilarious.

So is blizzard saying non gaming related commentary in anyform is banned from their tournaments? How about stfu blizz. Just own what you did. You cant say you want people to express themselves and everyone to share their viewpoint but then kick people out when their viewpoint might hurt your bottom line.

The fact that you guys can't comprehend the initial reasoning for blitz getting banned is baffling. The tournament isn't and has never been a platform for political views and should remain that way. It's pure entertainment.

YOU people are nothing but hyenas just waiting to pounce on whatever bad happens, and act like you guys are all passionate about whatever is happening in the world. Just as I am, all you guys are doing is just sitting behind a computer living your everyday life with absolutely no consideration of actually... making a difference. All the while, DEMANDING blizzard or other twitch personalities to say something on the matter. Otherwise, they "DON'T CARE" or "are siding with Blizzard's actions." It's sad to see that part of humanity is this pathetic.

This is far from white knighting. It's purely an observation of every single one of your toxic behaviors.

Imagine what would happen if every player showing political and religious opinion in tournament.....Blizzard 100% did good decision, game should be free from politic and religious beliefs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Hey I hate to break it to you but anything with the Blizzard name that operates inside mainland China is owned by Tencent, a Chinese company aka they answer to Tencent rather then blizzard HQ. Anyone who thought they were going against their own government is not informed enough to be a part of this debate.

It is still an official message from Blizzard. It was not a tencent message, but a blizzard message.

To re-itarete: An american public traded company will protect the pride of China. No way to weasel out of this.

It is still an official message from Blizzard. It was not a tencent message, but a blizzard message.

To re-itarete: An american public traded company will protect the pride of China. No way to weasel out of this.
    That's my point, it just comes across that Brack is lying when he says that Blizzard's relationship with China did not influence this decision.

China based as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I've read many posts and comments across the Internet that stated this wouldn't have been a big deal if it was only a suspension and the prize money was untouched. Blizzard corrects themselves down to just that, yet people are still mad.

I accept Blizzard's statement and agree that blitzchung clearly violated a tournament rule. I also accept this change of decision as a vague apology. I'm still not convinced the casters should be punished, they didn't steer the conversation to that point and they have no control over what a player blurts out, but at least they aren't fired.

I also agree that the point of the rule is to keep non-game stuff out. It doesn't matter what it is. Literally none of you would be this loud if blitzchung blurted out anything else that would've got him punished. The Hong Kong issue is emotionally sensitive, stop and think before boarding the circlejerk train.

As a disclaimer, I support Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Tibet. You can say "fuck China" all you want and still think critically.
    I don’t care as much as others because I think Blizzard is a soulless immoral piece of shit like every other traded corporation. They exist only to make money and anything that could be interpreted as good-natured is purely PR.

Still it is good to try and correct egregious behavior with this blowback but the people showing genuine disappointment with Blizzard like they expected better are in for a rough time. Blizzard is just unlucky that they’re in a position to be caught doing this shit. Be more careful with your esports And community out reach overseas Is the only lesson that will be taken here from other companies.
    Last edited by Merin; 2019-10-12 at 03:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    That's my point, it just comes across that Brack is lying when he says that Blizzard's relationship with China did not influence this decision.
    Yeah, agree with you - just quoted the wrong person

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Someone probably posted this twitter chain already, but it's definitely a bit troubling to me. It has to do with the language and phrasing used in the writing seeming like something coming from a native Chinese speaker than a native English speaker.

https://twitter.com/SGBluebell/statu...147052544?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Someone probably posted this twitter chain already, but it's definitely a bit troubling to me. It has to do with the language and phrasing used in the writing seeming like something coming from a native Chinese speaker than a native English speaker.

https://twitter.com/SGBluebell/statu...147052544?s=20