Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Can you provide context, please? I was too busy working as an adult to keep up with inconsequential news that I have no effect on, that also has no real world, tangible effect on me.
    Was the part behind the "?" really nesseccary? I am busy doing adult things as well but somehow this context reached me and tbh it's quite old news.
    Also, while atm what China does doesn't influence most of us, if we let them get off with small things they will start influencing us on big things before we know it.

There is nothing divisive about human rights, Brack.

10+ Year Old Account
    " The specific views expressed by blitzchung were NOT a factor in the decision we made. I want to be clear: our relationships in China had no influence on our decision."

Bullshit, in any case this is good news better game companies to support than the gutter level that has been blizzard for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Don't tacitly support a tyrannical dictatorship - it's really not that hard to understand. Activision-blizzard literally turns billions in profits every year. They by no means *need* the Chinese market.
    So every political message is fine in official blizzard stream. So people can wear KKK hood during a match then he shouldn't be punished.

people arguing if he broke the rule or how vague the rule is or whatever, and that they only enforced it bcs of china
    they MADE the rule bcs of china and similar countries you morons avoiding situations like this is the precise reason of its existence, so ofc they enforce it in the situation it was made for dunno what did you expect, the player himself expected to be punished

my second problem, people claiming they only make the punishment less severe bcs of shitstorm on the forums
    soif thats true, how its a BAD thing they do something bcs of us? shouldnt they do things their customers want all the time?!

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It's almost as pathetic as continuing to deny reality in favor of your irrational hate boner narrative. You have, not even once, pointed out any 'flaws in my logic' as you have yet to even attack my logic or points, but rather keep rambling on about this editing post nonsense because you know you have no argument.

I thought you said you were done btw a few pages back? Yet here you remain. And you want to talk about what's pathetic? No matter I'm still here bored at work so feel free to keep me more company with your rubbish and nonsense.
    You said you had no point and no defense for Blizzards actions. Then you edited the post and completely changed your context. I stopped talking to you because you keep changing your post constantly and it is extremely annoying to talk to someone that flip flops every 2 minutes. Please go ahead and repost your original argument, I will debate it here...till you change your post after I challenge it.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a feeling you were too childish to give me a valid answer so I answered my own question.

I love how you knee capped yourself here. I was implying that I do not spend my free time looking up things I don't care about, that has no effect on me. YOU are the one that interpreted that comment to be me calling you a child. (post edited LMAO) Control your emotions there bucko!

Me being an adult does not instantly mean that You are a child. Have some self respect and dignity.

I suggest you check yo self.
    If you don't know what you are talking about and have little knowledge of the matter then it is a smart idea to stay out of the topic. Now you are directly insulting, which is extremely childish. I also suggest you read up on what passive aggressive is as you don't know any information on that either.
    Last edited by KronoFett; 2019-10-12 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Best comment in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Why all the hubbub, then?

The main issue here is that western companys have been expanding in chinese markets for the last decade. Blizzard is a company that wants a piece of the chinese cake, and with the chinese government/system working as it does, you have to make sure they are happy with your actions so they let you operate in their market. Therefore I understand these rash decisions from a business perspective. Same with apple pulling the map, ofc they're gonna make china happy - most of their production is there. The problem is that those western companies preach western values in the west but want to do business in a country that pretty much opposes those values. This was a problem for years now but most people didn't care because other things were dominating the media. The HK situation has brought light to this situation and these companies are now facing PR damage control. I can assure you, many other western companys will find themselves in a similar situation as things progress.
    Most of us aren't better tbh. Go check your stuff in the closet and count the "made in china" tags. Most of us were fine with the chinese consumption madness for years now.

What we're seeing now is the fruit of doing business with such a regime.

I hope Blizzard gets a slap on the wrist and people express their stance at blizzcon, as PR nightmares like that actually can lead to a change in future business decisions in china. In the meantime, people could also watch their own behavior, as its always easy to point the finger at others.

Ah, the dumpster fire has gone hotter.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Idiot player tries uses an esports event as a platform for politics
    Idiot company overreacts and fails at PR
    Internet loses their shit

*popcorn*

Idiot Mod tries to dismiss "human rights" as mere politics.

{now watch me getting banned because somebody with power get butthurted, just like china}

I love how you are wasting your time by calling me childish instead of answering my question directly. Please; continue telling me things about myself. I love that omniscience you have. I love how people with no argument but a bunch of opinions always rely on crap tactics like this to get their point across. You could of proven me to be a child by answering my comment and replying to my response. But nope. You realized how flawed your argument is, and instead you -have- to resort to attacking my character by implying that I implied something that I did not imply.

Keep it up though. I bet you arguing on MMO-Champion for a company that does not care about you, for a cause that has no effect on you, really pays the bills. I worked my 60 hours this week. I'm already off the clock so i can keep this up all weekend if i need to.
    Facts? I posted facts that Blizzard took off Mei merchandise. Simply because you choose to be ignorant and refuse to look up the topic doesn't mean you are right. It's also extremely childish to hold you "working" as an indication of being an adult. We are all probably posting from work here. The original statement is how China bans many icons that conflict with the Chinese government. Winnie the Pooh is banned in China after someone posted a funny picture with the leaders relation in looks to Winnie The Pooh.

In the context of Mei, Mei is used as a symbol during the Hong Kong riots. Mei is on lots of posters and shirts to stand as an icon for the protest. I highly suggest you read up on these matters instead of waiting for others to drip feed you the content. Simply because someone doesn't explain something to you which is easily accessible by yourself doesn't excuse you.

Mr. Brack doesn't seem to think much of the playerbase if he thinks he'll get away with that.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    They don’t need to, that’s why. They did nothing wrong. A player broke the rules of the broadcast channel (regardless of the subject matter), which they acknowledge, and Blizzard took action. People are seriously dumb if they can’t understand the simple facts behind it.
    You are mentally challenged to actually write regardless of the subject matter

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2019-10-12 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I get the feeling some people's minds are already made up, it doesn't matter if they apologise or not... But at least they tried...

<insert Bart gif>
    <insert wub waa horn>
    <insert nod smiliey>
    They didnt try though, and they know that aswell. You can easily see this by the Friday evening release of the statement. If they actually wanted to try to apoligise, they would have done so on monday, or in an extreme case, very early friday morning. It is simply business 101.

This is a complete non-apology. They blatantly lie and hope that their consumer are so dumb that they buy the lie. It is a desperate attempt at damage control and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    So, an honest question to everyone who is buthurt here: He broke the rules he agreed to. Blizzard punished him for it. The specific issue he broke the rules for. to protest against china vs HK are irrelevant.

So my question: If this EXACT situation had been repeated, except it was an American who hijacked the broadcast to protest against Trump, and received exactly the same punishment, would anyone here even have batted an eyelash?

This issue is about the the rules he broke for which he was punished. It is NOT about WHY he broke the rules, or WHAT he broke the rules for.
    The reason people are upset is that they are not, unlike you, rational human beings. The punishment and everything you say is entirely correct and a logical conclusion of various rules (tournament, in-game etc), but people still choose to be angry because they want to.

I have absolutely no sympathy for China, but if you sign an agreement and then break it you can't expect any other outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I have made about 15 replies in this thread so far, and only 3 posts have been edited (and one of those was just to add another reply into it instead of double posting). You are frankly a liar and a bad faith poster to keep repeating this shit for as long as you have now. My stance from the get go has remained unchanged and you are free to counter anything I have said, but we both know you won't. I have yet to defend Blizzard, but try to explore possible reasons why they would want to fire the casters and ban the player. You only seem inclined to throw insults and turn the thread into a trashcan of insults and obtuseness.

And now you want to call another poster childish when all you have shown me thus far are childish and elementary debating tactics?
    and you have yet to put your argument...you keep changing goal post. Now you are "not defending Blizzard"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    You are mentally challenged to actually write regardless of the subject matter
    You are mentally challenged if you don't understand that rules are rules.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

15+ Year Old Account
    I love how you are wasting your time by calling me childish instead of answering my question directly. Please; continue telling me things about myself. I love that omniscience you have. I love how people with no argument but a bunch of opinions always rely on crap tactics like this to get their point across. You could of proven me to be a child by answering my comment and replying to my response. But nope. You realized how flawed your argument is, and instead you -have- to resort to attacking my character by implying that I implied something that I did not imply.

Keep it up though. I bet you arguing on MMO-Champion for a company that does not care about you, for a cause that has no effect on you, really pays the bills. I worked my 60 hours this week. I'm already off the clock so i can keep this up all weekend if i need to.
    If you have asked the question without the added part on doing adult things I am sure you would have gotten an answer. But you have made it pretty clear you do not care about the answer and just try to show off how smug you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Considering my job is literally in politics, I think I'd last for quite some time (and have!). But I realize I'm arguing with someone who embraces ignorance--anyone who can say that Deus Ex or Bioshock don't deal with real world politics (or even WoW for that matter, as resisting dictatorships is a pretty goddamned prominent issue right now) is completely incapable of understanding concepts like metaphor and allegory. Protip: if you think a game literally has to mention elected officials or name specific policy initiatives to qualify as addressing real-world issues, you're too immature and uneducated to be debating a serious topic. Stick to 4chan memes, champ.

- - - Updated - - -

I know this may come as a shock to forum lurkers who think they're "too cool for skool", but...some folks actually care, and dedicate their lives to fighting both physically and financially on behalf of other people's freedoms. If you're too much of a coward to give a shit about your fellow human beings, cool. Live a boring life and die unremembered. The rest of us will keep fighting regardless.
    Why would the fighting matter? 1000 years into the future and no one gives a damn about the human rights fight you had its and no one will remember you and once it happened everything about them lose all of their meaning..... everything which isn't lasting is meaningless.