Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    To all the nay-sayers after the ActiBlizzard merge, fuck you.
    You seem triggered

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I get the feeling some people's minds are already made up, it doesn't matter if they apologise or not... But at least they tried...

<insert Bart gif>
    <insert wub waa horn>
    <insert nod smiliey>
    Pretty much, and by the looks of it things, it is too late for many.. And that to others it seems that they will not be satisfied until Activision/Blizzard files for chapter 11..

Either way Activision/Blizzard have got themselves a right royal PR nightmare on their hands, that even Freddy Kruger would stay away from..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-10-12 at 11:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    What am I supposed to be reading here? It is possible that I am misunderstanding what I am looking for. Can you please tell me the point of you linking that comment?
    This is a screenshot of an American team doing the same thing blitzchung has done and no action from Blizzard was taken.

I believe you are confusing an "incomplete dataset" with a "context free dataset". Those are two completely different things. Literally every single crime scene is an incomplete dataset, for example. You don't need "all the data" to make an informed conclusion. You just require specific data points sampled from controlled areas.
    Ok, I'll put it this way. You ask as you would think that you have enough data to make an informed conclusion but your words so far are showing you are lacking important data points.

7+ Year Old Account
    i wonder how many comments got deleted already and people banned from this site for saying the phrase

Bobby Kotick is linked to Esptein, need I say more.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Context matters. It always will, unavoidably.

Situation 1: a half blind grandma crosses the road, not realising there is a crossing 10 feet to the left.
    Situation 2: a cocky 20 year old shithead looks at the crossing, looks at the cops, looks at the crossing, smirks, and crosses where he is.

Both parties have "broken the rules" in the same exact way, despite the context being entirely different. The outcomes wouldnt, and SHOULDN'T be same, because we expect police to make judgment calls in such cases. If the cop issued the first lady a fine, you'd wonder why the hell we pay them, despite the fact he was just following the law.

The same is true here. Nobody is saying they didn't break the rules. The punishment is not commensurate with the crime, if any was called for at all. The initial action taken, and the wording supportingit, showed clear motive that does not support the information now being given. The punishment as it stands is a clear message to China; "please don't spank us, see, we're for you!". The single defining motivation, which was decidedly absent from Brack's letter, is money.

I dont begrudge companies their need to make money. Don't pretend you'retrying to invoke world peace instead when you take actions to get there.
    I would think the cops should fine that old lady as rules are supposed to be always followed if person signs and agrees officially to follow them then the rule punishment should be ALWAYS enforced or if its law then too law is supposed to be always enforced.

what a fuckwit

10+ Year Old Account
    On a side note...

Most of the people angry about this probably didn't know and don't give two shits about what was happening in China before this. For me, my girlfriends grand parents live in Hong Kong, I been apart of it for what feels like ages. And while you have every right to be mad at Blizzard, it seems very hypercritical that it's just Blizzard you should be mad at.

For me this seems like another Blizzard hate train than any human rights issue, because if you people gave a shit about this subject this would have been a fire topic long ago. Yet it takes about knowing about one large greedy corporation for you to care, yet many more corporations have been this way for years and no mention at all.

Also anyone doing a #boycottblizzard right now, are the biggest hypocrites of all. If you had any idea what other large corporations have been doing regarding human rights, you'll all be hermits living in the woods, hunting deer and picking berries for sustenance

so yea, be mad at Blizzard, but also be mad at so many others too, if you started caring about Hong Kong and China today, then welcome, enjoy your stay and do some research, you might wanna start in 1842, or 2003 if you wanna get to the gritting ban law.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Bobby Kotick is linked to Esptein, need I say more.
    is it definite? I've only seen people claiming it and "alleged" being thrown around, no real proof.
    Reason why I ask is because I want Bobby to go down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Alot of people in china support actions in hong kong and some other people like actor of mulan in disneys new live action Mulan who btw lives in USA, if not all people think the same its divisive.

though I don't support what happens in hong kong though if you are using any products which was made in china and don't give to charity to support Hong Kong you are supporting China.

So if china through blizzard and any other western channels keep abusing free speech right outside their country you should suck it up.
    Suck up any abuse because hey your tv parts are made in china lolz. What stupid reasoning is that?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    On a side note...

Most of the people angry about this probably didn't know and don't give two shits about what was happening in China before this. For me, my girlfriends grand parents live in Hong Kong, I been apart of it for what feels like ages. And while you have every right to be mad at Blizzard, it seems very hypercritical that it's just Blizzard you should be mad at.

For me this seems like another Blizzard hate train than any human rights issue, because if you people gave a shit about this subject this would have been a fire topic long ago. Yet it takes about knowing about one large greedy corporation for you to care, yet many more corporations have been this way for years and no mention at all.

Also anyone doing a #boycottblizzard right now, are the biggest hypocrites of all. If you had any idea what other large corporations have been doing regarding human rights, you'll all be hermits living in the woods, hunting deer and picking berries for sustenance

so yea, be mad at Blizzard, but also be mad at so many others too, if you started caring about Hong Kong and China today, then welcome, enjoy your stay and do some research, you might wanna start in 1842, or 2003 if you wanna get to the gritting ban law.
    Exactly, there is no furor over Apple, Disney, ESPN and many other companies.. What is more interesting though is that Apple have supposedly done things that are far worse than what Blizzard have done, but no one is going into riot mode at Apple over what they and other companies have done..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post

I hope your gf's relatives are safe.

Thank you very much. Never expected a positive well wish on this forum <3

On a side note...

It's not about Hong Kong. It's about Blizzard being hypocrits. They pretend to have values, but really only care about money.

Posted at 5pm when reporters and journalsits are usually out of the office really shady there. Oh and the middle part is the best, where they still make it obvious that China now runs them.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    As a lawyer, you would know that Blizzard will have signed contracts with them and will have ToS in place. Part of those rules will be part of those ToS, thus any breaking of said ToS results in punishment. It's the same as being punished by an employer for breaking company rules - they're allowed to set them as long as they remain within the law. Are you sure you're a lawyer and not just a first year uni student or something.
    I did not say that it was in any way illegal. Of course the contracts are legally binding. I was simply saying that the term "rule" really does not apply to stipulations that say "We can do whatever we want for any reason we want". A rule would have been something like "No political speech".

There was no actual rule in place for the situation that happened other than that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much. Never expected a positive well wish on this forum <3
    Would love to take credit for that but that is Ralgarogs post..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
    It's not about Hong Kong. It's about Blizzard being hypocrits. They pretend to have values, but really only care about money.
    Thank you for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Would love to take credit for that but that is Ralgarogs post..
    I changed it thanks don;t know what happened there :S

Glad I could help.

Blizzard became political when they took action against Chung but not against the American varsity team. Seriously you don't stick a knife 8 inches in, then pull it 4 inches out and call it progress.
    RETH

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

I changed it thanks don;t know what happened there :S
    One of the many mysteries of the internet, think it was that you quoted one of my posts then deleted that bit and somehow it went all weird from there.. But while here I feel the same hopefully your GF's parents and relatives are safe..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-10-12 at 11:36 AM.