Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I decide who gets invited to my group and the rules. Deal with it or don't bother whispering me. Your response is just like those losers that get butt hurt I don't invite them and decide to whisper me with pitiful insults.
    You should post that here https://www.reddit.com/r/thatHappened/

How do people get butt hurt when you some how don't invite them to a group they would never try and join if you are reserving items they need?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post

The problem is the retail mentality of some of the players that are playing, retail is so crap that they've stuck with Classic and think that everything in retail applies to it also. It's all "ME ME ME ME, EVERYTHING IS FOR ME" and anything that requires a bit of time and effort is dismissed, rather than a normal mentality of playing for fun and helping people if possible.
    i disagree, as i it wouldn't have bothered me spending the whole day trying to get the stratholme group done IF i had managed to get the group going, also even if a item is reserved that i don't need i don't join the group i dono want to endorse reserving stuff that's why i tried to make the run with nothing reserved as i believe every1 in the grp working towards that item have the right to need on stuff they need, and tanks just weren't satisfied, now wither the tanks that whispered me had played retail or not i don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i disagree, as i it wouldn't have bothered me spending the whole day trying to get the stratholme group done IF i had managed to get the group going, also even if a item is reserved that i don't need i don't join the group i dono want to endorse reserving stuff that's why i tried to make the run with nothing reserved as i believe every1 in the grp working towards that item have the right to need on stuff they need, and tanks just weren't satisfied, now wither the tanks that whispered me had played retail or not i don't know.
    Maybe it's your server? Or maybe my server is good? I don't know. I'm playing on a normal realm which I think has a lot of advantages, I think a lot of the idiots rolled on PvP realms because they're so l33t.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You should post that here https://www.reddit.com/r/thatHappened/

How do people get butt hurt when you some how don't invite them to a group they would never try and join if you are reserving items they need?
    Tell that to the losers that whenever I say I won't invite them whisper me back with pitiful insults. Here we go, try to read this time.

Why would people run an instance they only need one item from if there wasn't a good chance that they'd win it? UD strat runs can be pretty quick, but it's still not time I'd wanna waste (especially if I'm a tank) if the odds are poor that I'd get the item. It's one thing if you're helping guildies out, but most people aren't just going to volunteer their time to help randos out out of the goodness of their heart. And you know what? That doesn't make them selfish jerks. Not everyone has endless free time and the desire to carry entitled dps through content when there's little in it for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Why would people run an instance they only need one item from if there wasn't a good chance that they'd win it? UD strat runs can be pretty quick, but it's still not time I'd wanna waste (especially if I'm a tank) if the odds are poor that I'd get the item. It's one thing if you're helping guildies out, but most people aren't just going to volunteer their time to help randos out out of the goodness of their heart. And you know what? That doesn't make them selfish jerks. Not everyone has endless free time and the desire to carry entitled dps through content when there's little in it for themselves.
    proberly because should they want more ppl still playing when the game goes into a lul instead of quitting when they cant get anything done, or maybe the more geared ppl there are the more options they have when they are still searching for their ony/mc gear?

proberly because should they want more ppl still playing when the game goes into a lul instead of quitting when they cant get anything done, or maybe the more geared ppl there are the more options they have when they are still searching for their ony/mc gear?
    Can only speak for myself (and I haven't once so far in classic-even after a week of max level and a fair amount of dungeon farming-run into anyone reserving gear in a run), but the community overall seems fine and not likely to collapse any time soon. TBH I'd prefer that whiny people who can't be bothered to set up their own runs or constantly complain about the state of moral decay in the game or whatever leave anyway. As others have said in this thread, keep adding good players/people to your friends list as you level and play with them at max, then you'll have to spend a lot less time in lfg. As a healer with pretty solid gear and a good reputation among many players in some of the top guilds on my server I have no trouble finding groups for content I need. I'm also happy to heal content I don't need anything from, but only for people on my friends list I know are quality players, would do the same for me, and aren't setting up terrible groups that will waste my time. And if it's a dungeon I need something from (Scholo with wand and epic staff/robe) I just straight up won't run it if I have to roll against more than one other person. Even with a good group Scholo is a bit of a time commitment; why would I run through it which usually involves clearing all the bosses/quests for at least one person if I have to roll against 2-3 other people for the items I'm running for? No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    to OP:

Any person that is already 60 doesn't have a valid opinion. You're clearly just another gogogogogogo type, which you admitted to since you're worried about 'BIS'.

Can nobody just enjoy the game and gank lowbies in STV anymore?

Quit falling for the 'must. gear. up. higher.' dopamine fix, and go do something FUN.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    Quit falling for the 'must. gear. up. higher.' dopamine fix, and go do something FUN.
    My "gaming stress level" has gone way down once I stopped worrying about doing anything more than having fun in classic.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of the group finding issues are solved by being in a guild since those are the players that want to help each other out.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

The problem is the retail mentality of some of the players that are playing, retail is so crap that they've stuck with Classic and think that everything in retail applies to it also. It's all "ME ME ME ME, EVERYTHING IS FOR ME" and anything that requires a bit of time and effort is dismissed, rather than a normal mentality of playing for fun and helping people if possible.
    Why is this even 'retail mentality'? It's just people being jerks, trying to blame that on them just being retail players with nowhere else to go just ignored the problem. I've seen that same mentality back when vanilla was retail as well. It was there in vanilla, in BC, in Wrath, any expansion really. And it's the same exact story that you can experience today in retail as well: pugs are jerks, but if you find a nice guild, it becomes a lot more fun.

There have always been people with that mentality, there are just more of those today in pretty much any game. Just because someone likes Classic more than Retail doesn't mean they are somehow immune to that. And just because someone enjoys Retail more doesn't automatically give them the 'retail mentality'.

If you have an issue with said mind-set, that is perfectly fine. But don't act like it is caused solely by one iteration of a game or something. It's annoying to always read that implication, especially because I like retail more and never did any of that crap.

to OP:

Any person that is already 60 doesn't have a valid opinion. You're clearly just another gogogogogogo type, which you admitted to since you're worried about 'BIS'.

Your definition of "FUN" is going to try and take the fun out of the game for others?

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be the loser talking about blacklisting people and whispering people with snarky comments in /world that are forming groups and reserving items, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell that to all the betas that join my groups while I fill my bags with everything that drops in the dungeon.
    Side note, "beta" and "alpha" isn't a thing, it was a poorly done experiment that's been thoroughly debunked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    But I was told that classic wow would bring back "the community". /s
    It did.

That's what "the community" was.
    Putin khuliyo

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It did.

That's what "the community" was.
    I have to admit. You're not wrong.
    I'm a crazy taco.

to OP:

its kinda hard for me to enjoy something I've never done ganking lowbies, leveling was somewhat enjoyable i enjoy raiding hence why i wanted to gear for it, im not fond of pvp so that out the dungeons were fun tho trying to build a grp sucks

Tell that to the losers that whenever I say I won't invite them whisper me back with pitiful insults. Here we go, try to read this time.
    Why would someone ask for an invite to a group that has reserved an item they need? Then you claim they get mad they can't join a group for an item that has been reserved? Sound like a load of old bollocks to me. You know what 99.9% of people do when they see a group that has an item they need reserved? They look for another group. I will give you the 0.1% since it is the internet and one person in the game got mad enough to whisper you an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Why would someone ask for an invite to a group that has reserved an item they need? Then you claim they get mad they can't join a group for an item that has been reserved? Sound like a load of old bollocks to me. You know what 99.9% of people do when they see a group that has an item they need reserved? They look for another group. I will give you the 0.1% since it is the internet and one person in the game got mad enough to whisper you an insult.

Because you know.. I might have not reserved the item they need.. or they need multiple items. Or maybe because people are idiots like you're proving right now.

If I reserve all dungeon loot which I only do whenever my tank and healer friends are around I let the one person we invite to the group to get the loot he needs while all other drops go to my bag, but even this simple fact flew over your head so I can't expect you to understand obvious group mechanics.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-10-12 at 06:03 PM.

Lmao, sounds like you're playing the wrong game, mate. If you're playing solely for drops and don't even enjoy the content, what is the point?
    Maybe I am gearing up characters fast now, so I can farm gold before phase 2 when PvP ranking starts, I won't have any play time dedicated to anything except pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    My "gaming stress level" has gone way down once I stopped worrying about doing anything more than having fun in classic.
    What fun things is there to do at 60 tho? other than dungeon runs`?

and be4 any1 says " get a guild" i was in 1 but alot of them were only interested in their own bis i got help from 2 or 3 in the guild.
    Out of curiousity did you help those who were only interested in their own bis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Out of curiousity did you help those who were only interested in their own bis?
    once i hit 60 yes i was a few days behind them tho, seems only dungeon they needed was ubrs, while i was 58 and 59 when ever they asked for a dps for the likes of strathlome and i asked to join they just kept saying get to 60 1st, i offered to help they refused
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2019-10-12 at 06:48 PM.