Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Vulpera are so f'in stupid

I was considering returning to WoW but then I saw the "vulpera" character selection screen.
    My, my Blizzard has really lost its way.
    Are they trying to make some Final Fantasy ripoff characters now?
    Why anyone would want to play these diminutive cheesy bipedal fox characters with no basis in lore, as part of the Horde no less... is beyond me.
    And then the Alliance race is just a gnome. We already have gnomes.
    Something like a Naga would be so much more interesting.

Its like Activision is pulling more and more funds out of Blizzard and probably sinking them into new Call of Duty games, or giving it to China.

The company's being suffocated to death.

Seriously.... W T F

10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of people really wanted Vulpera, Blizzard gives people what they want(most likely this was already decided before BFA even released anyway)

"My, my Blizzard has really lost its way"

YOU'RE NOT HAVING FUN THE RIGHT WAY PEOPLE..

We ALL have to like what spliffsmoker likes.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

I'm re-rolling just because people hate them.

Vol'dun establishes them. They are another bidepal animal race like the countless others in wow. They fit fine in the universe. They're a nomadic and suffering/enslaved/oppressed people, that's basically the archetypal Horde back story....

Why are they so terrible?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, company is in deepshit with its lore and story.
    But Vulpera are cool, and do not forget: they are allied races, which are like secondary ones, a bit customized and different from original! They share animation and half of them share posture of core races. Thats not a big deal.
    Naga? Naga would be an awful choice by lots of means, but mostly, considering their skeleton, animation, and lore, they would rather be a core race, but not an allied race.

Dude, you have bad analysis

The naga will likely be a main race if they ever become playable (which is possible, if you've been keeping up with Azshara in 8.3). They are too complex to be a "simple" allied race.

This whole vulpera backlash reminds me of the controversy surrounding the void elves. People need to chill and realize that, if they were looking for a "serious" universe, they should go play another game. A vulpera or a void elf is not more ridiculous than a cow riding a chicken.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-10-12 at 02:46 PM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by spliffsmoker View Post
    I was considering returning to WoW but then I saw the "vulpera" character selection screen.
    Why anyone would want to play these diminutive cheesy bipedal fox characters with no basis in lore, as part of the Horde no less... is beyond me.

Its like Activision is pulling more and more funds out of Blizzard and probably sinking them into new Call of Duty games, or giving it to China.

Seriously.... W T F
    So is this post quite honestly.

Seriously.... W T F
    You think Naga would be more interesting, I think they would be "F'in stoopid". At least Vulpera, which I totally believe should have been Neutral cause both faction's player base wanted them, can ride mounts... W T F are naga gonna do... slither, Harpoon themselves to the underside of large flying animals?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for sharing your opinion. I don't think the player base shares your hatred for them though. I remember when they were first introduced, a lot of Discord hype groups popped up asking for them to be introduced. This race, just like any other race, may not appeal to everyone. But there are certainly those whom are excited for them, and I'm glad they got what they asked for.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Alot of people really wanted Vulpera, Blizzard gives people what they want(most likely this was already decided before BFA even released anyway)

"My, my Blizzard has really lost its way"

YOU'RE NOT HAVING FUN THE RIGHT WAY PEOPLE..

We ALL have to like what spliffsmoker likes.
    But I do enjoy smoking once in a while... it doesn't effect how I make my decisions on what I like or don't like though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how you complain about vulpera that had an entire xpac of story to establish them as playable race, yet want em to pull naga out of their ass as playable race despite literally all of em being evil.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

So it's ok to play as a cow or a wolf but not a fox?

You are right, 'cute uwu' furries should have no place in the game. Only girls and weirddos will play it.

10+ Year Old Account

Seriously.... W T F
    Just.. Don't post next time?

I mean, we don't need to get an update that you are not returning to the game.

Many seem to disagree with you but it doesn't matter for you won't be here in 8.3 anyways.

People act ouraged about Vulpera, forgetting about other anthropomorphic race choices such as Tauren, Worgen, Pandaren, and Draenei. Quite a laugh.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    You think Naga would be more interesting, I think they would be "F'in stoopid". At least Vulpera, which I totally believe should have been Neutral cause both faction's player base wanted them, can ride mounts... W T F are naga gonna do... slither, Harpoon themselves to the underside of large flying animals?
    I would love them to somehow wrap themeselves around their mounts.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    The perspective of reasoning for quitting WoW this week

Everyone: omg china, blizzard banning free speach, we quit!
    OP: Furries in the game, I quit!

We all have our priorities I guess lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

You’re an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me reduce your post to the message you actually wanted to send to all these kind people so that they wont be having to read your nonsense

Blizzard Activision is giving it to China.

During the Zandalari Troll questchain Gonk says quite explicitly, that the Vulpera belong to Talanji's pack. With the Horde, the Zandalari and the Tortollans.
    From this point onwards, it was pretty much obvious that Vulpera would come.

5+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with most of the original post.
    Okay that was his opinion and this is mine.
    Vulpera seems like a nice fantasty anthro class.