Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    https://old.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...v36/?context=3

Like I said, they have been completely open about this, and it blows my mind so many of you ignore it, or flat out refuse to accept it.

- - - Updated - - -

Rage? Check the forum, ppl are bored, and ppl are begging for tbc.

- - - Updated - - -

See above.

Yes, the transition to TBC would be easier, but they never said that they would transition, only that if they decided to do so, it would be easier with patch 1.12.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Because it's like telling a cook who loves to cook but hates spinach that they should cook themselves a nice spinach souffle. They will enjoy the cooking but the end product would be all but worthless to them.

But you just want him to do it anyways so it helps pad the numbers in any way possible.
    lol. I really wonder how you manage real life with your way of thinking. Must be struggling.

"I love raiding Blackwing Lair, but I shouldn't do it because what if I don't enjoy Naxxramas?"
    "I love playing my paladin, but I shouldn't play it because what if I roll a mage alt later and don't enjoy playing the mage. There's no point in playing at all because of this."
    "I love spending time with my family at Christmas, but I shouldn't do it because what if I don't like the present my brother will get me?"
    "I like having nice, clean teeth and don't want a bad breath, but what if I end up with a cavity in a tooth even if I brush my teeth. I shouldn't bother."

I don't care about Classic numbers and I haven't played it for like a month as I'm busy with retail. But now it's very clear what your agenda is here. You're willing to display retarded thinking just so you can call people out(well, attempt to) on being anti-retail and do anything to make Classic look better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    lol. I really wonder how you manage real life with your way of thinking. Must be struggling.

"I love raiding Blackwing Lair, but I shouldn't do it because what if I don't enjoy Naxxramas?"
    "I love playing my paladin, but I shouldn't play it because what if I roll a mage alt later and don't enjoy playing the mage. There's no point in playing at all because of this."
    "I love spending time with my family at Christmas, but I shouldn't do it because what if I don't like the present my brother will get me?"
    "I like having nice, clean teeth and don't want a bad breath, but what if I end up with a cavity in a tooth even if I brush my teeth. I shouldn't bother."

I don't care about Classic numbers and I haven't played it for like a month as I'm busy with retail. But now it's very clear what your agenda is here. You're willing to display retarded thinking just so you can call people out(well, attempt to) on being anti-retail and do anything to make Classic look better.
    Nice strawman!

Using what ifs to prove a certainty is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    at lvl 60 there is nothing to do

mc and ony are pushovers that you can clear in 2 hours
    Sorry but this isn't a completely true statement at all.
    If you're playing the game just to raiding difficulty then yes, you may be a little discouraged at first.

Classic wow, however, isn't only about raiding end game content.
    Raid Tiers will get progressively harder over the next phases. Put it this way, less then 5% of the Vanilla community even stepped foot in Naxx.

Classic wow is an escape to a digital world in which you spend hours on end immersed in an MMO that is a true RPG. Unlike the retail version of the game where you sign on, queue up and sign off Classic provides a world which you can live in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kids these days, quitting because you _might_ not like it in the future.

Live in the moment man

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Retail's new PartySync feature and the massive amount of quests for Loremaster are "more shitty"?
    It's endless questing WITH your friends for a very long time.

You don't have to like every WoW version, but at least reason it with "I dont like Titanforging-Hype-Train" or "I dont like to get rated for my skill". Saying that Classic got anything in Questing above Retail after PartySync with the amount of quests is just pepega.
    Retail lost what it means to be immersed in a world, that's a major problem for it being an MMORPG.
    Being able to sign up, queue up and log off...

Having to actually travel through a world and interact with other players is what makes an mmo shine.

Not to mention gearing your character in retail means absolutely nothing as all that gear gets replaced the following patch and is free loot for every player.
    At least in Classic you're picking up BiS items from each raid tier that last the entire game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Kids these days, quitting because you _might_ not like it in the future.

Live in the moment man
    Zoomer mentality, do a lot in 5 mins and then do nothing all day.
    Mobile games have really screwed people up.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayk07 View Post
    enjoying it a lot but kinda not sure if i should keep going since its still going to get the same content i think when it comes to expansions. also due to time i really might miss lfg/lfr. i wish classic stopped at tbc or right before that and have blizz create classic only content. that would get me to stick around in classic
    I started feeling the same way around level 10. Honestly unless you want the free 110 in BfA for hitting 60 it's kind of a dead-end game once the hype wears off. Even then it might be quicker to just get to 110 in BfA instead of wasting time in Classic.

1. There are two phases of classic, and that is all. The time before you have a mount, and the time after. Once you get your mount, you will be so happy, it is like throwing a 100 pound weight from your shoulders. For many, it is one of the best feelings in gaming. The mount is NEEDED from level 1. It transforms the game from a game about traveling everywhere, to a game about adventuring. The mount is all. They purposefully hold the mount back from you for well, 80 to 100 hours. They want you to suffer and have strife while leveling. They want you to value the gift of the mount, instead of taking it for granted. They wanted to create that golden moment. They also want the mount to become a legend in your mind before you acquire it. It is a gamechanger for the rest of the time you play WoW on that character, it will never be the same. It is like moving to a new arc in an anime. You will be out of the character building/beginning arc, and now the action is about to start.
    2. Before level 35, you have so little gold(20 or 30) it can be quite depressing. You realize that you probably won't have the gold you need for the mount, and even at that far off level of 40, you won't be able to afford it.
    3. However, what you might not know is that gold earning is not linear, and once you start doing level 40 quests, gold is earned very quickly, at a pace of about 0.5-1.0 gold per activity when you include looting and selling.
    4. The key to successfully leveling is making your way through those first 36 levels. After 36, you start seeing the light. You probably have 40 or 50 gold(if you haven't been wasting it at the trainer or ah) and you can see how in only a few more levels that mount will finally be yours.
    5. Once you get the mount, it is a golden moment. You will see light for the first time. Everything after the mount is a fun, downhill slide of satisfaction from the legend of acquiring the mount.

So imo, go for the mount. Then it will be a much easier decision. If you still want to keep playing, do so. If you decide you want to quit then it's all good too.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-10-08 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    for 9 months 4-5 nights a week in IF trying to get into ANY guild
    I just dont believe you... This sounds like a load of bs.

Play if you are having fun.

The real appeal of Classic (PVP) will be released in later phases. At the moment not even the honor system is online, let alone Battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Right if they choose to make TBC servers it'll be easier to start from the 1.12 client, didn't ignore at all. If they upgraded any Classic server into TBC the amount of rage that would happen would be crazy. Maybe server trasnfers/character copies to a TBC server of the same name? sure, but the moment they upgrade it to TBC every classic, nost, vanilla fanboi on that server would rage as all their progress is dead. They won't do it because the classic community won't let them as they are the main reason these servers exist in the first place.
    They will definitely leave Classic servers to be - some people enjoy Classic only.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    I just dont believe you... This sounds like a load of bs.
    Your belief or disbelief does not alter reality - that's the cool thing about reality.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

Like I said, they have been completely open about this, and it blows my mind so many of you ignore it, or flat out refuse to accept it.

- - - Updated - - -

Rage? Check the forum, ppl are bored, and ppl are begging for tbc.

- - - Updated - - -

See above.

They are not stating that is the reason FOR 1.12, they are stating that SINCE all the leg work has been done it will be easy to transition into tbc IF they choose to. You are taking it out of context

Quote Originally Posted by berkwaz View Post
    They are not stating that is the reason FOR 1.12, they are stating that SINCE all the leg work has been done it will be easy to transition into tbc IF they choose to. You are taking it out of context
    The context, since you bring it up, is what their plans are after phase 6. Interesting how that backfired so quickly isnt it? You are right, as i have said a dozen times, context is super important. If the question was "why did you choose 1.12" this woulda been out of context. But given that the question specifically mentioned their plans after phase 6.....