Poll: Your Hype Level for Blizzcon 2019

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    As if any of those people would make it through the door.
    Well then the news will cover the protestors outside blizzcon. Either way blizzard gets shit on. This is going to be great.

I wanna say 5/5, as signs are pointing towards new xpack + d4, however, giving the disaster that was last year, i'm reducing it to a 4.

Hong Kong incident doesn't bother me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Well then the news will cover the protestors outside blizzcon. Either way blizzard gets shit on. This is going to be great.
    They are within their rights to peacefully protest outside. So whatever on that, doubt many, or any, will though.

The majority will have forgotten by then, we live in a time of outrage culture, something will happen next week that will overshadow this, just like how this has all but overshadowed the NBA and apple things.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are within their rights to peacefully protest outside. So whatever on that, doubt many, or any, will though.

The majority will have forgotten by then, we live in a time of outrage culture, something will happen next week that will overshadow this, just like how this has all but overshadowed the NBA and apple things.
    The outrage on this has hit critical mass and now that Blizzard did their response it'll fade pretty quickly.

By Monday we'll be onto some other country.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

There were hardly any news about the protesters inside BlizzHQ, I don't think there will overly much about some outside.

Although there will of course be a lot of media presence at Blizzcon, so protest would get noticed there.

And I'm hyped, but not as hyped as usually, mainly because of the last Blizzcon, which seemed very underwhelming to me. But even there were some nice things, so I hope this time will be a lot of stuff and especially stuff I like, which excludes mobile games

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The outrage on this has hit critical mass and now that Blizzard did their response it'll fade pretty quickly.

By Monday we'll be onto some other country.
    I get that old cartoon image of someone getting so angry they turn red and steam comes out their ears and they go chasing after something, but in the next scene all is calm again lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious to see how things play out with the controversy. It's still about a month away which is plenty of time for things to die down, and for them to make more public ovations to try and repair their image. And I think it's likely they'll address it during the opening ceremony and maybe announce something like a charitable donation or their own humanitarian fund or something, too, which would get things off to a really good start.

Setting aside all that, for games, this stands to be a banner year for Blizzard. At the very least we can expect Diablo IV (and potential tie-in media), expansions for WoW and Hearthstone, and likely an Overwatch expansion or spinoff. That's an awful lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that old cartoon image of someone getting so angry they turn read and steam comes out their ears and they go chasing after something, but in the next scene all is calm again lol.
    That's internet outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    There were hardly any news about the protesters inside BlizzHQ, I don't think there will overly much about some outside.

Although there will of course be a lot of media presence at Blizzcon, so protest would get noticed there.

And I'm hyped, but not as hyped as usually, mainly because of the last Blizzcon, which seemed very underwhelming to me. But even there were some nice things, so I hope this time will be a lot of stuff and especially stuff I like, which excludes mobile games
    Last year was the first and last blizzcon I went to. What a fucking insult that was. I celebrate every moment blizzard gets shat on. #DoYouNotHaveHumanRights

I am fucking hyped for warcraft 3 after seeing all the images released today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I'm curious to see how things play out with the controversy. It's still about a month away which is plenty of time for things to die down, and for them to make more public ovations to try and repair their image. And I think it's likely they'll address it during the opening ceremony and maybe announce something like a charitable donation or their own humanitarian fund or something, too, which would get things off to a really good start.

Setting aside all that, for games, this stands to be a banner year for Blizzard. At the very least we can expect Diablo IV (and potential tie-in media), expansions for WoW and Hearthstone, and likely an Overwatch expansion or spinoff. That's an awful lot.
    It's about 3 weeks away not a month away.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I am fucking hyped for warcraft 3 after seeing all the images released today.
    Do we yet have any timeframe on that or is it still before the end of the year?

WoW next expac and D4 have raised my hype levels. If it wasn't for me being worried about them adding Tinkers in WoW, I would have put 5. Put 4 instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    It will be the first BlizzCon virtual ticket im not buying since it started.
    QA panel is gonna be a shitshow unless its just cancelled, i suspect Cosplay part will be changed or just cancelled as well.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    It's about 3 weeks away not a month away.
    Close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    If it wasn't for me being worried about them adding Tinkers in WoW, I would have put 5. Put 4 instead.
    Eh, at the end of the day how much does it really affect you or me if we don't like a class but they put it in, I wasn't really a fan of DHs being added but if I don't like them I just don't play them.

I can see kind of being upset if you want something else, I really wanted a new healer in FFXIV but there is reasonings for them doing it. But wow could definitely use another healer and tinker fits more the anything else suggested.

They could left field us though and announce something that no one planned for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    QA panel is gonna be a shitshow unless its just cancelled, i suspect Cosplay part will be changed or just cancelled as well.
    I'm amazed people haven't realized Blizzard pre-screens this stuff yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    The QA panel may or may not be iffy (doubt it though, internet outrage dies fast) but Cosplay is definitely not going to be an issue, you really think someone is going to get through the door wearing something politically minded?

I think Blizz needs to bring it this year after that crapfest last year. New good wow xpac, diablo 4, lots of info about wc3 reforged, OW2 or its equivalent. Last year was such a massive waste of time and money, but this year has the potential to reach peak meme levels with this Hong Kong stuff going on. I don't know how they will still have the QA or cosplay. Its shaping up to be a glorious mess with hopefully some decent reveals.