Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "I play the game for x, why isn't everyone else just like me?" I mean really, "I thought the point was..." maybe for you, bro, not across the board. I do enjoy the old world experience (particularly the few longer, epic questlines) but I don't like wasting my time on a lot of the dumb miscellaneous quests that aren't even remotely compelling content.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Following the logic of the OP, I guess I now have to sniff glue and effectively halve my IQ whenever I want to play original NES games as I played them first when I was in elementary school and I'd hate for something inconvenient as an intellect to interfere with my nostalgia.
    1) that doesn't even make sense
    2) it seems you're already on the glue since you don't seem to know how IQ works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixiuz View Post
    They really were. Because I was there. But you do you, honey.
    Good for you. And yes those mods became really good towards the 2Nd half of vanilla. But certainly not at launch because if they were really so good, why is everyone talking about alt tabbing to thottbot then?

Anyway. I was just asking what the reasoning behind using questie was. It's nice to see people add an intent or somehow feel i'm telling them on how to play.

I did the 1st 20 lvl's on my mage without using Questie. While I didn't mind reading the quest text again and figuring out where things were my game play was very inefficient. When I started levelling my 2 alts and using Questie in resulted in me being much more efficient by at least a multiple of 3 and that's important to me as I have limited time. It also greatly helps with not missing a quest giver to begin with. Essentially, it's a slightly better of version of thottbot built into the game. It's also not as bad as Retail in that all the quest objectives aren't sparkles and highlighted and the questing itself isn't linear breadcrumb after linear breadcrumb. Some effort is still required with Questie just not as much as without it.

I only have enabled the ability to see quest ! and ?. I mostly use it when I'm done with a zone and I want to make sure I didn't miss anything. I love exploring and trying to find quests normally but even then I sometimes don't find them all or remember where they were from vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruchia View Post
    1) that doesn't even make sense
    2) it seems you're already on the glue since you don't seem to know how IQ works.
    There is no reasonable argument to be made for how the game should or should not be played. It's not 2004 and you shouldn't seriously be asking people why they aren't role-playing the year 2004 to get whatever YOU approximate is an authentic nostalgic experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Questie is ballin' and doesn't drastically change the "Classic experience" at all.

Main reason for me is to see where I can do Quests/to wich zone I can go next.
    Back in vanilla and on privat servers I would usually stick to the main hubs and grind in between.
    With classic I really wanted to take my time and visit all the 'out of the way' quest hubs that I've never noticed.

What's wrong with Questie?

"Retail way"? What on earth?

I did. And yes you had thottbot and the likes but not to the extent those mods are now.

- - - Updated - - -

Not triggered. Rather curious. Also when people start responding with "install questie " when someone asks a question, it can be a bit annoying.
    It's hilarious right? People don't wanna use quest addons but the first thing they do once they are lost/don't know what to do is ask chat, hoping someone with the addon will help them and also get triggered when you are told to install quest addons yourself.

The game feels just as huge using an addon rather than alt tabbing over to thottbot; which was a painful experience when WoW eat up nearly all available memory of the old rigs.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There is no reasonable argument to be made for how the game should or should not be played. It's not 2004 and you shouldn't seriously be asking people why they aren't role-playing the year 2004 to get whatever YOU approximate is an authentic nostalgic experience.
    it's just a question. no need to get all tight about it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    What's wrong with Questie?

"Retail way"? What on earth?
    "retail way" yes. Have you not quested in a recent expansion of wow where everything is perfectly laid out for you. The way the mod basically does the same. That's what i'm refering to.

Again. Not judging people here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    It's hilarious right? People don't wanna use quest addons but the first thing they do once they are lost/don't know what to do is ask chat, hoping someone with the addon will help them and also get triggered when you are told to install quest addons yourself.
    heavens forbid to put the "mmo" in "mmorpg" !

I just google quests. Takes 2 seconds.

it's just a question. no need to get all tight about it

- - - Updated - - -

"retail way" yes. Have you not quested in a recent expansion of wow where everything is perfectly laid out for you. The way the mod basically does the same. That's what i'm refering to.

Again. Not judging people here.

- - - Updated - - -

heavens forbid to put the "mmo" in "mmorpg" !
    In vanilla people used Thottbot and Allakhazam. It’s not like everyone read every quest back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    addons like questie existed back in vanilla, I don't know what you're getting upset about.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    In vanilla people used Thottbot and Allakhazam. It’s not like everyone read every quest back then.
    Yes I realize that. I was there. It's not like i didn't use thottbot sometimes either when i got stuck on a quest. It's still a far stretch imo from being guided from beginning until end on every quest. That's what i mean with "retail" experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    addons like questie existed back in vanilla, I don't know what you're getting upset about.
    Again, not getting upset. Getting more upset about people not being able to read.

And no questie and the likes didn't exist at this level at the beginning of wow.

You probably didn't play back then, it seems.

Besides already existing back then (Questie), people already used tools like Thottbot or Allakazham.... just like they use wowhead nowadays.

It's pretty much the same, the only difference is it being included in the base game, and you are trying to make it seem like this is all something new, ruining the classic experience, is actually hilarious.

But hey, let's all keep pretending that no addons or tools existed back in the dark age, and we all played the un-modded game. If you did\do, good for you, i guess?

*sigh*
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2019-10-12 at 10:05 PM.

Because not being able to see quest markers (!) (?) on your map is archaic and shit.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You probably didn't play back then, it seems.

Besides already existing back then (Questie), people already used tools like Thottbot or Allakazham.... just like they use wowhead nowadays.

It's pretty much the same, the only difference is it being included in the base game, and you are trying to make it seem like this is all something new, ruining the classic experience, is actually hilarious.

But hey, let's all keep pretending that no addons or tools existed back in the dark age, and we all played the un-modded game. If you did\do, good for you, i guess?

*sigh*
    Fine. I will just put it down to your inability to read or having issues with reading comprehension.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elrihm View Post
    Because not being able to see quest markers (!) (?) on your map is archaic and shit.
    Sure. I can understand that

10+ Year Old Account
    And no questie and the likes didn't exist at this level at the beginning of wow.
    They didn't exist at the launch of vanilla, they did exist by the time 1.12.1 was out.

- - - Updated - - -

Fine. I will just put it down to your inability to read or having issues with reading comprehension.
    Translation: "I don't like your answer so I'll insult your intelligence."
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

A question towards all those people playing classic and basically using Joanna's guide or questie or something along the lines of sheer content burning mods.

Why?

I came back to classic to enjoy the vastness of a world, hang out in chat, level up and do some raiding, PvP. Now I notice blizzard already backing down on earlier statements by releasing dire maul earlier.

Why would you play this game the retail way ? I thought the point was to not treat it like retail. Aren't you denying yourself a more authentic experience ?
    .....cuz non solo instanced questing is almost always terrible in a tab targeting MMO?

And certianly is in vanilla