Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mogu would be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Really? I dunno, I disagree.. in fact I'd say the opposite is true. The story is irrelevant...
    If that was true we wouldn't see such elaborate stories for races like the Kul Tirans and Zandalari to join the Alliance and Horde.

if Blizzard wants to make them an allied race, they'll come up with some lore justification.
    Exactly. The fact that they are coming up with these lore justifications shows you how important they are. That's exactly the point. They are putting in a friendy mogu faction exactly for that lore justification you have just mentioned yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'd love for mogu to be playable.

they're a really cool race, but with ra'den turning evil it's kinda hard to see it happening. what reason would they have to ally with other azerothians when ra'den isn't making them not be supremacists?
    Well if it is true that they were created post-MoP by Ra-den, they will have a greater understanding of the world than the ancient mogu did; hopefully they don't go down that same path. I think Ra-den turning bad/dying would actually spur them to find their own place in the world which would lead them to becoming an allied race.

Mogu would be awesome for Horde. And they play a role in this expansion. It also doesn't matter that they're a reputation faction. A lot of Allied Races were a reputation faction. Just look at all the Allied Races from Legion. In that case, the Rajani being a reputation faction speaks even more FOR them being an Allied Race.

In regards to the models, the current models won't be the model used for playable Mogu anyway.

A good Pandaria counter race if the Mogu go to the Horde, would be the Jinyu and Ankoan for the Alliance. The Jinyu only need a newer model, the Ankoan model is already quite good and the Ankoan are a rep faction as well. They just need some proper female models. Jinyu and Ankoan together also would give a lot of customization options to this Allied Race. And it would be a new model for the Alliance as well.

I doubt we will see Ogre or High Elves in any way shape or form, as they don't played any role in this expansion at all. And even if they bring in Ogre and High Elves, both are races who deserve to be main races and not just Allied Races. Although i'd prefer to all races being main races, as they would get proper cities, starting zones and more stories. But oh well...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    Skeptical that the Mogu would be an Allied Race. What would the Pandaren (Alliance side) think if these Mogu joined the Alliance?

The Alliance needs an Insectoid race.
    First of they might most likely join the horde, and second pandarens lore is about fightning bad feelings so they have to forgive the mogu, yeah know your lore mate pandas arent gonna be "upset" in fact no one really care of what padarens leaders thinks in the lore =p

Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    Can we please stop adding stupid Allied races? The game is shitful at best, but sure lets add more race
    Yeah right allied races killing the game..ho wait ppl lvoe them!

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Yep horde should get ogres instead of any other race by now.
    Well, i do want ogres too but i would be pissed if alliance get a cool race i also want because "horde should ogres by now" horde will get ogres when time will come for it

Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn View Post
    Well if it is true that they were created post-MoP by Ra-den, they will have a greater understanding of the world than the ancient mogu did; hopefully they don't go down that same path. I think Ra-den turning bad/dying would actually spur them to find their own place in the world which would lead them to becoming an allied race.
    I totally agree with you, this is exactly what i have in mind and hope will happen (even so we arent sure ra-den die i nthe raid yet even if for me its mostl ikely that he will)
    Last edited by Ameonna; 2019-10-12 at 10:44 PM.

Mogu for the Alliance, Ogre's for the Horde.

Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post

Sounds good to me.
    No give Ogre and Mogu to the Horde. Give Alliance what they want: Furbolg, High Elves, or Broken Draenei

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The only allied race I actually want. I hope we get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    My god after the fat Kul Tirans I really don't want another bulky race for the Alliance.
    females ( mogu) do not look bulky....if only kul tiran women looked like that...;'(. and even the male mogu are not as fat as kul tirans. And yes they are fat, even blizzard thinks that. Just look at the RL insperation for the male dance.

And yeah i think it will not be alliance race.
    why???
    The rules are as followed. Alliance gets allied race that they do not want, are not warriors ( or weak ones), have little lore or no recent lore, are a rehash of a old race and not something new , are not cool in any way at all , and have shitty heritage armor , racials and mounts ( all though mechagnomes seem to counter my last few points).

So why mogu will be not alliance:
    - they are strong warrios
    - have recent lore ( and a lot of it)
    - they are not a rehash of a old alliance race
    - they could be cool ( look at that female mogu) they could be very big strong.

So indeed we will get something crap ( or more crap)......instead of what most ( not all) of us want. Things like:

erredar dreanei, broken dreanei, highborne, wildhammer dwarfs, frostbourne dwarfs, iron dwarfs, druids of the fang, valkyr( human allied race), a race inspired on wrathions model ( hell even black dragonflight), something better then void elves......

But nope we get: fat humans, emo elves/smurf ( again blizzards own /silly confimers this), lightbulb dreanei ( weak, better are previous 2 but still weak), dark iron ( decent) and still not convinced the nuttandboltsgnomes are the way to go. Yes not all horde ones are good either. But more of them are decent/good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say no to playing one, if it will happen...I'd probably lean a little more towards no.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellykiss View Post
    Maybe they don't want to spoil it like they did vulpera and mechagnomes. So, they have the old models right now in the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    This is the only scenario at the moment where I see mogu being a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
    Exactly. The fact that they are coming up with these lore justifications shows you how important they are. That's exactly the point. They are putting in a friendy mogu faction exactly for that lore justification you have just mentioned yourself.
    My point was that lore on its own isn't sufficient evidence to determine the next allied race. You could have said the same thing about ankoan and kelfin, but they didn't end up as playable races. Its the effort put into art assets that is relevant.
    Last edited by Rae888; 2019-10-12 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellykiss View Post
    They can use the new worgen rig. Wasn't there an old leak that said Mogu allied race somewhere?
    Arent mogu using draenai rigs? I remember lei shen using the same animations as male draenai.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post

Sounds good to me.
    Well, go on with a good justifications thatm ogu should join the horde (which have already too many titanforged races, have no relaitons with them unlike zandalari and even darkspear via vol'jin in the shadow of the horde novel) and i might think they could join alliance but for now i dont see any links between them and the alliance (unlike etheareals which are more linked to alleria)

So better be : Mogu, Ogres for the horrde and Ethereals and Vyrkuls for the alliance =) (both allicnes races are said are races i owuld love to play as horde but since i try ti stay neutral i give them up )

This is the only scenario at the moment where I see mogu being a possibility.

My point was that lore on its own isn't sufficient evidence to determine the next allied race. You could have said the same thing about ankoan and kelfin, but they didn't end up as playable races. Its the effort put into art assets that is relevant.
    Dont forget Kul tiran humans have a brand new rig and that dosent prevented them to be an allied race

Well we're getting a friendly mogu group so anything's on the table.

I'd take it over mechagnomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Mogu'd be pretty cool. I'd expect them to be a Horde race though unless this faction is radically different from the Mogu we've seen in-game, which I don't expect. They seem a bit 'dirty' for the Alliance and using the Draenei rig for three races on the same faction seems unlikely unless they do major changes to it.

Surprised we haven't seen more musings on Hozen for an Allied Race. We've seen plenty for Jinyu/Ankoan.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Not really.
    This is the Sethrakk situation all over again. The models aren't rigged to use regular armours, with their different variants being directly affixed to their models. While not required, they also do not use the same basic rigging as any Horde or Alliance races as current. This means introducing the Mogu would require a full rebuild of their race, more akin to a Full Race rather than an Allied Race. As far as that goes they would have to be Alliance given that the Horde is long overdue for Ogres which are going to be highly similar — though hopefully less sexually dimorphic; which would mean retconning the appearance of female Mogu if they were to use the same rigs.
    True, but Nightborne were in the same situation yet became ARs.

Now one could counter this by saying they also got a rushed, low-quality model, but having a player-unusable model is not a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    The Rajani seem to be a neutral reputation, so I can't exactly see them aligning with either faction. That being said, god damn if I wouldn't want to play as a mogu. They have so much potential as a playable race.

Legion allied races and the mechagnomes are behind of a neutral reputation for both sides. Still they use the draenei rig which means they either join the alliance or the alliance gets another horde rig in their ranks
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    The Highmountain Tauren and the Nightborne, as well as the Lightforged Draenei (arguably, in the form of the Army of the Light) and Mechagnomes (arguably, in the form of the Rustbolt Resistance) also were neutral reputations before aligning themselves with a main faction.

Even the Zandalari were a neutral reputation before Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Well, Rustbolt Resistance is a neutral faction and the Alliance gets Mechagnomes.

Well, even then, of the 10 known Allied Races, 5 are tied to Neutral Factions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yeah, but the following were neutral too (and earned by both sides) and were allied races aligning with a faction:
    • Army of the Light (Lightforged)
    • Nightfallen (Nightborne)
    • Highmountain Tribe (Highmountain)

So we had at least 1 align with alliance while 3 were specific to them and 2 align with horde and 2 specific to them. Though an argument could be made for Zandalari since we did work with them back in Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Legion allied races and the mechagnomes are behind of a neutral reputation for both sides. Still they use the draenei rig which means they either join the alliance or the alliance gets another horde rig in their ranks
    All those allied races were based off of previous races that already belong to specific factions though:

• Lightforged draenei = Draenei, who are in the Alliance
    • Highmountain tauren = Tauren, who are in the Horde
    • Junker gnomes = Gnomes, who are in the Alliance

Even without specific affiliation to either faction, it makes sense that these allied races would go to the respective factions because of the core race's affiliation. The only exceptions to this are nightborne (who are Horde, but use a nelf rig) and void elves (who are Alliance, but use a belf rig), and those were explained by having Tyrande scorn the nightborne race and having Alleria and the void elves cast out of Silvermoon due to their use of shadow magic.

Although they use the draenei rig as a base, mogu have no inherent connection to either faction. You could argue they have ties to the Zandalari - who are in turn loyal to the Horde - but that's about it, really

My concern with the Rajani is that they seem to be either newly made Mogu, or Mogu that have been in stasis loyal to Ra this whole time, which means they're very disconnected from the rest of the world.

I'm HOPING that they're actually Mogu from many clans that came together to serve Ra now that he's back, or that they at least recruit from other clans.

It makes sense that Mogu who are loyal to Ra wouldn't be using the Blood Anima super actively given that it was... made from Ra's stolen blood, but I'm hoping we get to see some fleshshaping and spirit binding stuff from them still and that they join Horde and have some other color options beyond just the blue/green.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    enough with reskinned 'allied' races

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    At least it is not wasteland foxes.
    I hate them but u can't deny there are many furry lovers who can't wait for them...
    And i really didn't want furries in horde -.-
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power