Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

World Revamp Ideas - Share your own.

We only have a few weeks left until we learn what the next expansion will be about. I'm on team World Revamp. What I think would be fun is if we shared our ideas on how we'd like old zones to be revamped. I'll start with a Kalimdor Zone and a Eastern Kingdom Zone. Please share you own ideas.

Kalimdor Zone - Tanaris
    Like the Hearthstone expansion I'd love to see Gadgetzan get expanded into a city. Maybe 4 areas of the city, one neutral and 3 of different crime factions. You join a faction like in Shattrath and become hostile to the other factions. Quests could involve sneaking into the other two factions areas and committing crime or protecting your factions area. While you are in the other factions areas you'd not just be hostile to other NPC's if war mode is on you'd also be hostile to players of that faction as well.

Outside of Gadgetzan I could see the explorers league having quests in all the old ruins around Tanaris and maybe even some Bronze Dragonflight quest lines.

Eastern Kingdoms - Deadwind Pass
    It was never a quest hub to begin with but I'd love to see Khadgar trying to stabilize the area around Karazhan. Quests could involve banishing spirits and setting up wards that help stabilize the region so that life can start to inhabit it again.

If they ever do a World revamp I want them to take into consideration that the world was attacked by the legion so it would be appropiate that we find crashed legion space ships, demons that were left behind, fel corrupted Lands, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    If they ever do a World revamp I want them to take into consideration that the world was attacked by the legion so it would be appropiate that we find crashed legion space ships, demons that were left behind, fel corrupted Lands, etc.
    I'd love a Legion ship to of crashed in Dun Morogh and the Gnomes and Mechagnomes are all over it like vultures trying to figure out its technology.

I'd love to see Medivh and whatever he's up to nowadays.

Maybe Karazhan can become a world event place where we unlock access to him etc... I dunno. I just wanna meet him (again).

I just want draenei to have a proper city built up and surrounding towns using the draenei architecture from WoD.

And a new Auchindoun-type place built in Bloodmyst Isle where the Auchenai are being reformed to help tend to all the draenei souls who died in BC and Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I just want draenei to have a proper city built up and surrounding towns using the draenei architecture from WoD.

And a new Auchindoun-type place built in Bloodmyst Isle where the Auchenai are being reformed to help tend to all the draenei souls who died in BC and Legion.
    Really like this idea, maybe the new starting quests for the Draenei could feature the Auchenai and expose new players to some of that lore.

Oh and I'd like for Dalaran to be returned to Hillsbrad.

I'd like them to keep revamping the world one or two zones at a time, and having enough time to do new stuff properly, so that we don't get another Cataclysm.

That said, I definitely support Gadgetzan, Ratchet and Booty Bay becoming proper cities, since they're supposed to be the largest neutral/criminal trade hubs on Azeroth. Other zones that are underused and would benefit from getting the spotlight are Winterspring and Feralas. They could also add stuff to the small zones in between zones that they had to add when they enabled flight, like the huge chasm north of Stormwind, or the mountains between Mulgore and Desolace.

They could do big things in important places, but since it's likely there will always be a new continent/world/dimension with the newest content, I think they should try to fix the zones that even after Cataclysm are empty, boring and/or ugly, and fill in the many, many gaps of the old world, instead of updating Orgrimmar and Stormwind every other patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Really like this idea, maybe the new starting quests for the Draenei could feature the Auchenai and expose new players to some of that lore.
    I was thinking that Azuremyst Isle would be about mopping up the remains of the Legion forces that attacked in Legion and also helping the night elf refugees that fled there.

Then Bloodmyst would focus on the Auchenai extensively in trying to calm down angry spirits and things like that.

I would like to see all the major parts of draenei culture throughout the zones. Artificers and mages, Auchenai, Aldor(both Anchorites and Vindicators), Rangari, and Shaman/broken. There's a good amount to work with there and to use in exploring draenei culture more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I was thinking that Azuremyst Isle would be about mopping up the remains of the Legion forces that attacked in Legion and also helping the night elf refugees that fled there.

Then Bloodmyst would focus on the Auchenai extensively in trying to calm down angry spirits and things like that.

I would like to see all the major parts of draenei culture throughout the zones. Artificers and mages, Auchenai, Aldor(both Anchorites and Vindicators), Rangari, and Shaman/broken. There's a good amount to work with there and to use in exploring draenei culture more.
    With the Isles being currently not part of the world, you can't fly there. They could easily expand their size and fit in a ton of new stuff. I'd hope they add them to the full Kalimdor map though after that. Same with Quel'Thalas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'd like them to keep revamping the world one or two zones at a time, and having enough time to do new stuff properly, so that we don't get another Cataclysm.

That said, I definitely support Gadgetzan, Ratchet and Booty Bay becoming proper cities, since they're supposed to be the largest neutral/criminal trade hubs on Azeroth. Other zones that are underused and would benefit from getting the spotlight are Winterspring and Feralas. They could also add stuff to the small zones in between zones that they had to add when they enabled flight, like the huge chasm north of Stormwind, or the mountains between Mulgore and Desolace.

They could do big things in important places, but since it's likely there will always be a new continent/world/dimension with the newest content, I think they should try to fix the zones that even after Cataclysm are empty, boring and/or ugly, and fill in the many, many gaps of the old world, instead of updating Orgrimmar and Stormwind every other patch.
    Yea tons of unused terrain they could use. I wouldn't even mind them expanding the zones where they could if it made sense.

ideally, it's start with one main quest that for the foreseeable future would continue up to 9.0. i'd revamp the entire old world(cataclysm zones included, like twilight highlands, etc.) + bc, wotlk, pandaria and broken isles. no need for any future world revamps, make it complete and in order, A > B > C etc.

i'd make kalimdor the starting point of the questline. even if you start as a race on eastern kingdoms, you'd be sent to kalimdor right after the starting areas. from there, you would be to going to northrend, northrend's would lead you to pandaria, and that would lead you broken isles, and then to outland which would lead you into 9.0.

wod and bfa content would be there to do, but it'd be completely optional(you wouldn't even normally see any of the relevant quests or npcs for it, you'd have to toggle them from the adventure guide to start them) and past story, like northrend's story is today. all the stories of the lands i mentioned the main quest taking you through would be gone. i'd be interested in bringing the world up to speed. set it all in modern times, finally.

make this like swtor does theirs. have the main quest, and maybe a zone-based storyline for each zone, get you to max level in about a week and a half. have it teach you basic shit throughout it.

I'd love a Legion ship to of crashed in Dun Morogh and the Gnomes and Mechagnomes are all over it like vultures trying to figure out its technology.
    Lol, i would like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quel'thalas - I'd like a storyline to focus on finally driving out the Amani.

I'd also like there to be some form of reconciliation between the Void Elves and Blood Elves, maybe letting the former use Zul'aman as the base for their new capital once the two races deal with the Amani threat. A safe enough distance from the Sunwell. There's an Old God general's corpse there they can poke too.
    Don't really see the point in continuing the faction divide with the Horde no longer existing. Quel'thalas should be independent.

I imagine Kalimdor as a savage continent full of dangerous critters and unsettled zones, while Eastern Kingdoms has a more urban vibe, with politics and border conflicts dictating the troubles that plague those areas.

Northern Kalimdor:
    - Teldrassil remains a dead burnt husk.

- Night elves take Moonglade for them. Nighthaven upgraded to new capital, tunnel to Darkshore. Cenarion Circle moves to Nordrassil (note: Tyrande's dialogue says night elves retreated to Nordrassil instead, but this configuration would make more sense for Darkshore/Ashenvale as their main zones). The night elves ferociously attack any Horde in their lands.

- Saberon, Botani and Gronn have escaped from Draenor with the Mag'har. Solitary gronn and wandering saberon packs roam the Northern Barrens and Durotar, Saberon, invade Ashenvale, Botani are using the power of the Waling Caverns to turn the Southern Barrens into a jungle.

- Vulpera caravans travel through the Barrens, linking Thunderbluff and Orgrimmar

- Without Onyxia's brood or Theramore, Dustwallow Marsh is now home to a big Stonemaul city built in the southeastern mountains, by the coast. It uses WoD Ogre architecture. The ogres are allies of the Horde, but are under attack from Grimtotem tauren. Botani have also invaded the swamps.

- The Mag'har are settling in Stonetalon. Gronn and goren have spread all over the mountains of the region.

Southern Kalimdor:

- Tanaris and Uldum are now a single zone (just "Tanaris"). Gadgetzan is now a huge city like in Heartstone.

- Un'goro Crater is more like the Hearthstone version as well.

- Sargeras' sword has crumbled under the power of the Heart of Azeroth. Ahn'qiraj/Silithus are now a single zone ("The Wounded Lands"). Xal'atath, now called the Black Empress, is gathering cultists and summoning eldrich abominations to rebuild the ruins of Ahn'qiraj and start a new Black Empire.

Lordaeron:
    - Gilneas and Stromgarde have been restored.

- Lordaeron (the upper city, not the underground) is the restored home of the Forsaken. Under Calia's leadership, there's truce with the Alliance, and the Forsaken are welcoming living people. They rule the city as a sort of a sinister "upper status" class. While Calia and her inner circle rule wisely, some forsaken are less happy with this arrangement.

- Banshee Loyalists have taken refuge in Alterac. The city is now rebuilt in Forsaken style and is threatening both Alliance and Horde in the north.

- Dalaran has returned to its original spot in Hillsbrad.

- The Plaguelands have been restored and have became the Borderlands and Eastwauld. Borderlands are under Forsaken control, but threatened by insurgent humans and the remains of the Scarlet Crusade. Eastwauld is controlled by Argent Crusade, with Stratholme as its capital, but is threatened by both amani trolls from the north and sinister things that still lurk in darkened forests and underground.

- The Revantusk have taken Jintha'alor and made it a Horde city. Their conflict with the Wildhammer dwarves of Aerie Peak has become more violent.

- Eversong Woods have been restored, with the Dead Scar healed, but it remains in the Ghostlands, where there's still many corrupted areas. The Amani rise to conquer the land before the elves do.

Khaz Modan:
    - Menethil Harbor has been rebuilt. Wetlands tunnels to Ironrforge have been restored.

- Twilight Highlands are now called Wyrmrest Highlands, and are controlled by dragons.

Southern Eastern Kingdoms:
    - Without the Legion threatening it, Outland's population has overgrown beyond the shattered world's resources. The races of Outland are travelling through the Dark Portal to settle on Azeroth.

- Broken and Lost Ones are in conflict over Swamp of Sorrows.

- The twisted Arakkoa of Outland settled in Deadwind Pass and seek to conquer Karazhan. They also are expanding into Duskwood.

- Most of Duskwood's population died in the Legion's invasion, so the void elves are starting their own settlement there to experiment with the Void. The arakkoa, also void users, have make things go out of control.

- The Zandalari have declared war on the Gurubashi, because of the imminent return of Hakkar.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-10-12 at 11:19 PM.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I imagine Kalimdor as a savage continent full of dangerous critters and unsettled zones, while Eastern Kingdoms has a more urban vibe, with politics and border conflicts dictating the troubles that plague those areas.

Northern Kalimdor:
    - Teldrassil remains a dead burnt husk.

- Night elves take Moonglade for them. Nighthaven upgraded to new capital, tunnel to Darkshore. Cenarion Circle moves to Nordrassil (note: Tyrande's dialogue says night elves retreated to Nordrassil instead, but this configuration would make more sense for Darkshore/Ashenvale as their main zones). The night elves ferociously attack any Horde in their lands.

- Saberon, Botani and Gronn have escaped from Draenor with the Mag'har. Solitary gronn and wandering saberon packs roam the Northern Barrens and Durotar, Saberon, invade Ashenvale, Botani are using the power of the Waling Caverns to turn the Southern Barrens into a jungle.

- Vulpera caravans travel through the Barrens, linking Thunderbluff and Orgrimmar

- Without Onyxia's brood or Theramore, Dustwallow Marsh is now home to a big Stonemaul city built in the southeastern mountains, by the coast. It uses WoD Ogre architecture. The ogres are allies of the Horde, but are under attack from Grimtotem tauren. Botani have also invaded the swamps.

- The Mag'har are settling in Stonetalon. Gronn and goren have spread all over the mountains of the region.

Southern Kalimdor:

- Tanaris and Uldum are now a single zone (just "Tanaris"). Gadgetzan is now a huge city like in Heartstone.

- Un'goro Crater is more like the Hearthstone version as well.

- Sargeras' sword has crumbled under the power of the Heart of Azeroth. Ahn'qiraj/Silithus are now a single zone ("The Wounded Lands"). Xal'atath, now called the Black Empress, is gathering cultists and summoning eldrich abominations to rebuild the ruins of Ahn'qiraj and start a new Black Empire.

Lordaeron:
    - Gilneas and Stromgarde have been restored.

- Lordaeron (the upper city, not the underground) is the restored home of the Forsaken. Under Calia's leadership, there's truce with the Alliance, and the Forsaken are welcoming living people. They rule the city as a sort of a sinister "upper status" class. While Calia and her inner circle rule wisely, some forsaken are less happy with this arrangement.

- Banshee Loyalists have taken refuge in Alterac. The city is now rebuilt in Forsaken style and is threatening both Alliance and Horde in the north.

- Dalaran has returned to its original spot in Hillsbrad.

- The Plaguelands have been restored and have became the Borderlands and Eastwauld. Borderlands are under Forsaken control, but threatened by insurgent humans and the remains of the Scarlet Crusade. Eastwauld is controlled by Argent Crusade, with Stratholme as its capital, but is threatened by both amani trolls from the north and sinister things that still lurk in darkened forests and underground.

- The Revantusk have taken Jintha'alor and made it a Horde city. Their conflict with the Wildhammer dwarves of Aerie Peak has become more violent.

- Eversong Woods have been restored, with the Dead Scar healed, but it remains in the Ghostlands, where there's still many corrupted areas. The Amani rise to conquer the land before the elves do.

Khaz Modan:
    - Menethil Harbor has been rebuilt. Wetlands tunnels to Ironrforge have been restored.

- Twilight Highlands are now called Wyrmrest Highlands, and are controlled by dragons.

Southern Eastern Kingdoms:
    - Without the Legion threatening it, Outland's population has overgrown beyond the shattered world's resources. The races of Outland are travelling through the Dark Portal to settle on Azeroth.

- Broken and Lost Ones are in conflict over Swamp of Sorrows.

- The twisted Arakkoa of Outland settled in Deadwind Pass and seek to conquer Karazhan. They also are expanding into Duskwood.

- Most of Duskwood's population died in the Legion's invasion, so the void elves are starting their own settlement there to experiment with the Void. The arakkoa, also void users, have make things go out of control.

- The Zandalari have declared war on the Gurubashi, because of the imminent return of Hakkar.
    I like a lot of these ideas, the one that stands out the most to be is the stuff on Lordaeron, why not have the loyalists hide in what remains of the Undercity instead of fleeing to Alterac?

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    [SNIP]
    You've really thought a lot about this. I love it.
    Please Blizzard, employ this guy.

Westfall: The intro to it has you run into the ghost of Old Blanchey. She gives you quests to hunt down that stupid CSI expy npc who has gone rogue and needs to be put down.

I like a lot of these ideas, the one that stands out the most to be is the stuff on Lordaeron, why not have the loyalists hide in what remains of the Undercity instead of fleeing to Alterac?
    I imagine these guys becoming a new villain faction. Them having a stronghold in Alterac does not mean they couldn't also be using the Undercity for their own purposes. Undercity could even become a dungeon (or, maybe, even a raid)!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    You've really thought a lot about this. I love it.
    Please Blizzard, employ this guy.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-10-12 at 11:58 PM.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I agree with this however by the time they finish with everything, they can pretty much start again cause the graphics will evolve that much by the time. Maybe it's not even a bad thing, that would mean we have a living breathing Azeroth. Question is who would be happy to play through on the 3rd-4th iteration of barrens... Some people are still butthurt for Cataclysm - and not because it was done poorly but because some place was changed and they want the original at all costs. Hmpfh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I agree with this however by the time they finish with everything, they can pretty much start again cause the graphics will evolve that much by the time. Maybe it's not even a bad thing, that would mean we have a living breathing Azeroth. Question is who would be happy to play through on the 3rd-4th iteration of barrens... Some people are still butthurt for Cataclysm - and not because it was done poorly but because some place was changed and they want the original at all costs. Hmpfh.
    They have classic now and we also have chrome. As long as they make it so anyone can go back in time and play the old content no zones or area should be held sacred.