Poll: Your Hype Level for Blizzcon 2019

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    New expansion announcements are always fun. The whining when someone's favorite "leak" ends up being proven false is always entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be a good year for WoW, really interested if they reveal anything about Classic+. I'd also like to see a return of artifact weps next expansion, and the class/spec redesigns.

D4 and OW2 would be cool.

Expecting some drama again, all employees are going to be a little hot under the collar this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    New expansion announcements are always fun. The whining when someone's favorite "leak" ends up being proven false is always entertaining.
    Yeah - Most looking forward to wow xpac, but D4 is hype and OW2 could be too.

I want to be hyped, I truly do. But what Blizzard has done the last years is not a good sign, and that's putting it mildly.

I'm afraid I won't be a fan of Blizzard for much longer. Even though I loved al lot of their games, going back to Diablo 1, Starcraft 1 and Warcraft 2. I just don't get the same feel anymore, Blizzard isn't Blizzard anymore. And they're racking up scandals nowadays.

If this BlizzCon is lackluster again it probably is the last straw. That coupled with Diablo Immortal and the Hong Kong shit, it's easy to see where Blizzard's loyalty is.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Release date?

Honey, both of these are coming this summer.
    you forgot Diablo: classic release announcement
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I'm Hyped because there is a chance for Dragonsworn or Dark Ranger, not to mention return of Arthas and more customization for DK.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I've been a fan of Blizzard since the Starcraft 1 / Warcraft 3 era. I never got a chance to go to a Blizzcon due to money / travel distance, but I finally might be able to go this year. Tickets should be going on sale in the next month. Given how bad last year was and the current company's status, I'm not sure if it's worth the $$$ to go now.

However, I also keep hearing rumblings of "if you go to one Blizzcon ever, go to Blizzcon 2019". Not sure if it's just a rumor mill drumming up hype, but if they had absolutely nothing for 2018, it stands to reason they should have at least 1 or 2 big announcements, including the new WoW expansion.

So lemme gauge MMO-C's hype for Blizzcon 2019.
    I'm surprised they haven't had a Blizzcon in China yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I'm surprised they haven't had a Blizzcon in China yet.
    Well they did outsource their game development to China. Why is it even still called blizzcon still? This shitstain of a company doesnt deserve the great name of the company that was.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's going to be an absolute shitshow no matter what happens.

I'm hype.
    Well, it does seem as someone in Blizzard's PR department was trolling the company to hell and back. Last year it was the Y U NO HAEV PHONEZ meme, and now the whole Hong Kong trainwreck... That dude(tte) from PR should be awarded the Troll of the Year golden prize, seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

pretty hyped the changes to the venue layout indicates more stuff to do, early access to DMF will be nice. going to the Dinner again to keep that streak going. I expect big announcements for most IP's so that will be great as well.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Well they did outsource their game development to China. Why is it even still called blizzcon still? This shitstain of a company doesnt deserve the great name of the company that was.
    Hmmm...so would that explain the mass firing of employees before...due to the China outsourcing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    pretty hyped the changes to the venue layout indicates more stuff to do, early access to DMF will be nice. going to the Dinner again to keep that streak going. I expect big announcements for most IP's so that will be great as well.
    The same dinner that costs you a few hundred $? :P

I would say im normal / skeptical im expecting some really cool and amazing looking thing and blizzards art team is amazing.
    But im skeptical in terms of game play as they keep adding things that looks and sounds cool but when it comes to actual game play its just really meh at best.

I just hope the next xpack has no AP i was sick of it by the end if legion and its even worse in BFA endless grinds with a constant slight increase of power is just the worst.

I don't mind grinding but i need to reach a point where its done grinding for cosmetics, mounts, pets and toys is fine i just dont put massive power gains behind endless grinds.

Hmmm...so would that explain the mass firing of employees before...due to the China outsourcing?

- - - Updated - - -

The same dinner that costs you a few hundred $? :P
    yeppers will be my 6th or 7th one.. it's a great time, good food and conversation while helping a great cause.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

best weekend of the year coming once again. hype is maxed, no matter what goes down its gonna be a weekend with friends, food and drink. watching and betting on our favorite and random teams or players.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

Jeesus folks..as if we don't have actual problems in our lives...well..obviously many of you don't, getting all edgy about a game company. ^^
    the funniest part is, many, many of these people getting outraged and 'quitting in protest', are also people who buy products from china, supporting it economically, but somehow think their making the world a better place by hurling abuse at low level blizzard employees who have nothing to do with this, just trying to do their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    my only worry is that people will turn 2019 into a disappointment as well.
    This is exactly my worry. People think making a stand against Blizzard will show them, but it affects more than that. People have jobs. They do work. They need to provide for families. People get away to play these games and enjoy them. There are so many factors that goes into a game.

People, not Blizzard, are wanting to ruin the experience for everyone.

• Yes, you go protest at BlizzCon, well now all the people who go to BlizzCon to escape politics are directly involved when they don't want to be.
    • Yes, you get a million people to stop playing Blizzard games. Now, there are 2000 employees who are not able to provide for their families.

There's this constant preaching about how we should stop governing entities. Well, find a way to protest Blizzard's higher-ups without hurting its community, its developers, or its gamers, because if we protest at BlizzCon, we're not protesting the people who made the bad decisions--we're protesting the developers and gamers.

The equivalent of this to the US government would be me saying "I'm no longer shopping at Walmart because they charge taxes and I hate Trump!" No, you should go find a way to protest Trump directly if you have a problem with him. Go stand outside the White House, whatever it is. All of us in the US are basically, for this example, "employees of the government" and just because Trump maybe does something stupid, doesn't mean you should go stab your neighbor across the street for being in the country. (This is just an example, I don't care where you lean politically and I'm not taking a side here).

I want Blizzard's higher-ups to take a stand for sure, but I really don't want people to protest at BlizzCon. Not only doesn't this not stand up against the right people, but it takes away from gamers, the primary audience of BlizzCon (mind you, including the ones in Hong Kong who want to watch BlizzCon and protests could intervene with that, something they might want their minds off of after, you know, living in protest day after day).

Pretty sure that was just typical greedy corporation tactics. Money over people. Which....now that I think about it is right in line with Blizzard's more current actions.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Pretty sure that was just typical greedy corporation tactics. Money over people. Which....now that I think about it is right in line with Blizzard's more current actions.
    Yup it's what major companies do now-a-days.

If you want mom and pop shops in gaming in 2020 you should make it a policy to only buy indie games.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    This is exactly my worry. People think making a stand against Blizzard will show them, but it affects more than that. People have jobs. They do work. They need to provide for families. People get away to play these games and enjoy them. There are so many factors that goes into a game.

People, not Blizzard, are wanting to ruin the experience for everyone.

• Yes, you go protest at BlizzCon, well now all the people who go to BlizzCon to escape politics are directly involved when they don't want to be.
    • Yes, you get a million people to stop playing Blizzard games. Now, there are 2000 employees who are not able to provide for their families.
    Those are certainly bad side effects, and I get that these topics can make people super uncomfortable, but that's not nearly as bad as the ultimate outcome of ignoring the problems that caused the outrage and protests in the first place.

Instead of saying "I really don't want people to protest at BlizzCon" maybe you should consider upgrading to "I really wish Blizzard didn't do things that caused people to want to protest".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yup it's what major companies do now-a-days.

If you want mom and pop shops in gaming in 2020 you should make it a policy to only buy indie games.
    I haven't bought a AAA title in some time(I think Sekiro was the last one? I actually haven't even played it yet). But I'll be honest, that has more to do with the quality of those games than it does with my disapproval of their policies. However, the corporate bullshit is becoming a larger factor for if I decide to buy a game or not.

Situations like this recent Blizz/HK/China thing make that decision easy, and it helps a LOT that there are some extremely good Double-A or Indy games available right now.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-10-13 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Those are certainly bad side effects, but not nearly as bad as the ultimate outcome of ignoring the problems that caused the outrage and protests in the first place.

Instead of saying "I really don't want people to protest at BlizzCon" maybe you should consider upgrading to "I really wish Blizzard didn't do things that caused people to want to protest".
    I really wish self-righteous people didn't think protesting was important but not protest over the same things occurring in 17 other countries. All protestors are saying the people in Hong Kong are above those in other countries with worse situations. But you're right. Screw China, amirite? If you're not going to protest for the same rights for everyone everywhere, then you have no reason in protesting in the first place. Blizzard didn't stand up for those people in those countries either. You know, now that I think about it, I don't recall seeing "SirCowdog" protesting for people's rights worldwide when I read the news this morning.

People protesting right now have a wonderful cause, yes, but they're all so misguided it's pathetic. It's why seldom has protesting every actually made a difference (it has happened on several occasions, but it's super rare in the grand scheme of things). Only the people in Hong Kong have the right to protest for their own rights. If you want to defend their rights, good on you, but you need to go over there and do it. If you're going to do it from a distance, you better be protesting for every country where people are even worse off than Hong Kong, otherwise, you're a hypocrite.