Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean we know they join. We know they get no area of their own except a single car parked in Org. How do they join is the real question (and why both them and Mag'har could not get something somewhat cooler? Maybe they will if Org gets a revamp)
    Unlike the Mag'har, as far as we know they didn't have to flee their home, that is why I thought mentioning that they are now in orgrimmar relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn View Post
    maybe Sethrak for horde.
    That'd be the ultimate "fuck you" to Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'm not sure why Sethrak would go to the alliance when almost all of their story is experienced by horde players. That being said, I do think the alliance has kind of gotten the shaft with AR, which is why I would give them Rajani Mogu. On top of that, I have a feeling the next xpac will let factions play together so I don't see the problem.

No, he's just meme whining his "8.3 doesn't have a new zone all the devs moved to 9.0 because they gave up" headcanon.
    Idk why people hate no new zone

Blizzard has this immensely beautiful world and nothing to do in it... repopulating this is a great idea

Anyone know if there is a list somewhere of all the remaining new models needed for a potential world revamp to have only new models?

- - - Updated - - -

Just for clarification in case it is needed. I went fro a quick run through some old Classic dungeons, specifically Razorfen where all the guillboar models ahve been replaced with the new ones made for BfA. Does anyone know how many more models are needed fro every mob in EK and Kalimdor to be updated. Not counting ones where there is an old model being used, despite a new one having been made.

How? It was Horde who resurrected Sethraliss.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, either side can do the dungeon. The Alliance Vol'dun intro does allow for Vorrik to ask that from the Alliance. Don't get me wrong, it IS most likely the Horde but the Alliance does have good relations with the Sethrak as well. If they wanted to, they could easily explain it in a recruitment scenario by having the Horde or the Vulpera do something to antagonize Vorrik.
    Just having the Vulpera on the Horde could be a hindrance. They probably wouldn't be all that comfortable with being neighbors with the Sethrak.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Just having the Vulpera on the Horde could be a hindrance. They probably wouldn't be all that comfortable with being neighbors with the Sethrak.
    They worked together with the Sethraks that wanted Sethraliss back without problem, so they seem to know it's not some black & white race = evil thing.
    Last edited by zlygork; 2019-10-13 at 03:11 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Alliance and Horde both helped "good" Sethrak. Same as they both helped Highmountain, Lightforged, Nightborne.

I proposed Sethrak as possible 8.3.5 race just because it fills the hole, so far 9/10 Classic/BC races have "their" AR and last AR has model based on Goblins. So it would make sense to me that Undead AR will go to Horde (especially if Calia will join them) and last race will be based on Worgen model.

Next expansion will most likely be death themed with a splash of dragon (dragon isles baby), just like Wrath.

Based on this I'm pretty sure the final two allied races will be light undead lead by calia and a new drakonic humanoid race that uses the worgen rig to balance the vulpera.

They'll prob be added for preordering the expansion. Just like NB/HM, LF/VE at the end of legion

what ... why ... why you people even considering sethrak for alliance besides the obvious "i like them", it's like moaning that alliance hasn't got mag'har orcs, noone in their right mind entertain the possibility of sethrak joining alliance, they interacted on friendly terms only with horde during questing

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Next expansion will most likely be death themed with a splash of dragon (dragon isles baby), just like Wrath.
    Yep, I think the same. I predict Dragon Isles + Northern Plaguelands + Stratholme as main city for next expac.

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    what ... why ... why you people even considering sethrak for alliance besides the obvious "i like them", it's like moaning that alliance hasn't got mag'har orcs, noone in their right mind entertain the possibility of sethrak joining alliance, they interacted on friendly terms only with horde during questing
    They interacted on friendly terms with the Alliance as well. It's basically the entirety of the leveling Vol'dun quests for Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yep, I think the same. I predict Dragon Isles + Northern Plaguelands + Stratholme as main city for next expac.
    Undead Paladins baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn View Post
    I'm not sure why Sethrak would go to the alliance when almost all of their story is experienced by horde players. That being said, I do think the alliance has kind of gotten the shaft with AR, which is why I would give them Rajani Mogu. On top of that, I have a feeling the next xpac will let factions play together so I don't see the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    How? It was Horde who resurrected Sethraliss.
    You guys are kinda missing the point. During the beta the relationship between the Sethrak, the Alliance and the Horde was up in the air, and for a while it did not seem implausible that the Sethrak might end up being something like an Alliance equivalent to the Hordes relationship with the Vulpera with the absence of another visible allied race for the Alliance.

That is where the Sethrak for the Alliance meme comes from. And as the beta progressed and the expansion went live, Blizzard added more and more stuff that tied the Sethrak to the Vulpera, the Zandalari and the Horde. Vorrik proclaims his people "dead", some NPCs that are killed for WQs proclaim that they can feel Sethraliss presence hammering home that the Faithless are wrong, Sethraliss having representatives in Zuldazar more and more stuff have since been added that discredit the possibility that the Sethrak are suitable as an allied race, and that they might join the Alliance.

Through a mix of wishful thinking, and the fact that most of these things are not as easily available to the Alliance as it is to the Horde, the notion that the Sethrak could work as an Alliance race lives on.

But that is all irrelevant, at large the Alliance is very unhappy about the allied races they have gotten, while the Horde have gotten long requested races(Mag'har, Vulpera and Zandalari Trolls), controversial(for the Alliance) races(Nightborne, who many feel would be more at home in the Alliance due to the fact that many of them were Night Elves/Highborne before the bubble went up) and races that are inoffensive and make sense(HM Tauren). And this is all on top of straight back orcs and gold eyed belves, both long requested options.
    The Alliance on the other hand have gotten lore abominations(Void elves, people that play this race have no interest in the lore and only care about the models), races that are controversial(Kul Tirans(though I like them, there are as many that hate them as there are that like them), Mechagnomes(Again I like them, but unlike the Kul Tirans, this is a genuine minority opinion) races that are inoffensive and make sense(Lightforged Draenei) and the Dark Iron, the only well liked and long requested race. Night elves also got some face options tied to a quest, but no one requested that, though I think it is cool.

My point, is that it is not that the Sethrak would make more sense for the Alliance, but to add a race that Alliance player have been requesting since the early BFA beta to the Horde after all this would be quite the slap in the face for quite a few players. It would come of as Blizzard doubling down on screwing the Alliance by actively writing the Sethrak "away" from the Alliance for no better reason than to give the Horde yet more cool shit after an expansion of being a set piece to the Horde's story AND getting screwed on allied races, rewards and cosmetics....Unless the Alliance got something really cool like the Arakkoa or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Hopefully Alliance gets a requested race for the final one, i don't think it will be Sethrak, though i would certainly love to be proven wrong. Other than htat i cannot really htink of an AR Alliance would want beyond Ankoan or Lightforged undead, both of which seem unlikely for their own reasons. Though Blizzcon is just around hte corner, and i would put money down right now on us learning what the final AR pair will be, if we get one.

- - - Updated - - -

And the Vulpera being the Horde counterpart to Mechagnomes really is just the biggest insult, seeing as despite Vulpera sharing the same rig as Goblins, they have basically nothing else in common. Mechagnomes only differ from regular Gnomes in their racials and being supremely difficult to make a good transmog for, in a sense rendering the very concept of Allied race moot as a customization option.
    The only way i can compare it would be to ask if Highmountain tauren would be a reasonable counterpart to Kul Tiran. Player dissatisfaction with KT humans notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I'd love to see their animations for a Rogue/Warrior.

Something just tickles my fancy about a fucking Snake man charging at you attempting to chop your head off.

I think not giving us Sethrak is a real missed opportunity here. We need more humanoid beast races. They should have written the lore so that the Sethrak joined the Alliance and Vulpera the Horde.
    I mean why would they bring in Vulpera and not Sethrak. Doesn't make much sense to me so I'm still hoping.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Undead Paladins baby!
    lightforged undead that are only alliance and can be paladins. im sure that wouldnt be a problem for horde players lol

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    lightforged undead that are only alliance and can be paladins. im sure that wouldnt be a problem for horde players lol
    PTR news indicate that Lightsomething Undead will rather be Horde race.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    Calia is new forsaken leader = undead paladins horde baby. Plus the contrary would make no sense if horde equivalent would be a worgen rig race.