Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Just take everything from hearthstone and put it into WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    Just take everything from hearthstone and put it into WoW.
    Looks like they are working on it.

I want to see zones, that was destroyed or had destroyed areas to them during the Cataclysm, having been restored/healed and things rebuild or build to fit the new changes. Like for example the Barrens. There could be bridges crossing the fissure and the lava would be gone now, maybe even have water in it. Consider it a small canyon if you would!

Beside all of that, I want to see updated zones to have better quality objects, textures and buildings. Making everything match current WoW buildings. Oh and can't forget the Orgrimmar and Stormwind updates. Stormwind really needs to have updated buildings...

Make Eldre'thalas the capital of the night elfs, new starting zone for NE is now the small Island in Feralas.
    Also remove all the destuction from Cataclysm... make the Felwood... less fel... we try to heal that thing since vanilla.

KALIMDOR (north> south)

Azure/Bloodmyst Isles- completely taken over by Draenei. Fixed/rebuilt Exodar with another big base in Bloodmyst. Draenei "air-defense-system" installed.
    I want to see Teldrassil regrowing (still no buildings/infrastructure) - but something going on there.
    NEs have taken over the Moonglade (with tunnel to Darkshore) (but I highly doubt this will happen, ever)
    Winterspring/Felwood pretty much the same (with updated graphics, ofc). With NE camps at Felwood>Moonglade tunnel.
    Ashenvale- elements have settled down a bit, volcano is off, NEs breaking from north to south, south-east.
    Durotar- Trolls have finally managed to rebuild their capital city.
    Botani influence can be seen in the Barrens.
    Mulgore- fixed taurens starting area.
    Duswallow Marsh- more ogres can be seen + ghost/death presence @ Ruins (read crater) of Theramore.
    Tanaris- expanded Gadgetzan.
    Silithus- broken/removed sword of Sargeras + extra darkness/fog at south.

EASTERN KINGDOMS (north> south)

Eversong/Ghostlands- scar is gone. Silvermoon rebuilt + Undercity refugees are to be seen.

W/E Plaguelands- notable presence of Undercity refugees and trail of battle (esp in Western)
    More undead-military pressence at east part of WPlaguelands, + 50% of Eastern (until half way to the Lights hope)
    Tirisfal- less demolished areas, plague has been removed from the Undercity with help of Kirin Tor and Alliance mages/druids/priests (whoever is in charge of removing it) UC- still in ruins.
    Silverpine forest/Gilneas - higher presence of worgens and NEs. Working on rebuilding the Gilneas.
    Alterac Mountains- Undercity refugees + new camps
    Arathi- More Undead military presence (north-east)
    Wetlands- Rebuilt harbor.
    Loch Modan - rebuilt dam + tunnel/some sort of quick pass/fp/w/e... between menethil Harbor and IF.
    DM- Gnomes fixing Gnomeregan.
    Westfall- DAMN TORNADO IS FINALLY GONE!!!!! FOR GOOD!
    Duskwood- Emerald Dragonflight has taken over the center (twilight grove)
    Deadwind- Kadghar is working on rebuilding Kara and whole zone.

All other zones i DIDN'T MENTION remain pretty much the same. (with updated graphics, ofc)

This also comes to my mind at 2:44 am... when I should be in bed long-time now... since I have to get up at 5:30 am for work.... rip :S

nn folks

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    KALIMDOR (north> south)

Azure/Bloodmyst Isles- completely taken over by Draenei. Fixed/rebuilt Exodar with another big base in Bloodmyst. Draenei "air-defense-system" installed.
    I want to see Teldrassil regrowing (still no buildings/infrastructure) - but something going on there.
    NEs have taken over the Moonglade (with tunnel to Darkshore) (but I highly doubt this will happen, ever)
    Winterspring/Felwood pretty much the same (with updated graphics, ofc). With NE camps at Felwood>Moonglade tunnel.
    Ashenvale- elements have settled down a bit, volcano is off, NEs breaking from north to south, south-east.
    Durotar- Trolls have finally managed to rebuild their capital city.
    Botani influence can be seen in the Barrens.
    Mulgore- fixed taurens starting area.
    Duswallow Marsh- more ogres can be seen + ghost/death presence @ Ruins (read crater) of Theramore.
    Tanaris- expanded Gadgetzan.
    Silithus- broken/removed sword of Sargeras + extra darkness/fog at south.

EASTERN KINGDOMS (north> south)

Eversong/Ghostlands- scar is gone. Silvermoon rebuilt + Undercity refugees are to be seen.

W/E Plaguelands- notable presence of Undercity refugees and trail of battle (esp in Western)
    More undead-military pressence at east part of WPlaguelands, + 50% of Eastern (until half way to the Lights hope)
    Tirisfal- less demolished areas, plague has been removed from the Undercity with help of Kirin Tor and Alliance mages/druids/priests (whoever is in charge of removing it) UC- still in ruins.
    Silverpine forest/Gilneas - higher presence of worgens and NEs. Working on rebuilding the Gilneas.
    Alterac Mountains- Undercity refugees + new camps
    Arathi- More Undead military presence (north-east)
    Wetlands- Rebuilt harbor.
    Loch Modan - rebuilt dam + tunnel/some sort of quick pass/fp/w/e... between menethil Harbor and IF.
    DM- Gnomes fixing Gnomeregan.
    Westfall- DAMN TORNADO IS FINALLY GONE!!!!! FOR GOOD!
    Duskwood- Emerald Dragonflight has taken over the center (twilight grove)
    Deadwind- Kadghar is working on rebuilding Kara and whole zone.

All other zones i DIDN'T MENTION remain pretty much the same. (with updated graphics, ofc)

This also comes to my mind at 2:44 am... when I should be in bed long-time now... since I have to get up at 5:30 am for work.... rip :S

nn folks
    Since Westfall is all about farms I'd like to see some Mist of Pandaria style farm we can use and grow crops in.

I don't think there will be a world revamp, but I'm starting to think the next expansion will be a Northrend "revamp", wherein we go to the Shadowlands version of the continent, and it includes some Black Empire invasion in the form of Azjol-Nerub as an underground zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Make Eldre'thalas the capital of the night elfs, new starting zone for NE is now the small Island in Feralas.
    Also remove all the destuction from Cataclysm... make the Felwood... less fel... we try to heal that thing since vanilla.
    I'm all for using Feralas, I'd love to see the Night Elves take over Dire Maul and turn it into their new capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    We only have a few weeks left until we learn what the next expansion will be about. I'm on team World Revamp. What I think would be fun is if we shared our ideas on how we'd like old zones to be revamped. I'll start with a Kalimdor Zone and a Eastern Kingdom Zone. Please share you own ideas.

Kalimdor Zone - Tanaris
    Like the Hearthstone expansion I'd love to see Gadgetzan get expanded into a city. Maybe 4 areas of the city, one neutral and 3 of different crime factions. You join a faction like in Shattrath and become hostile to the other factions. Quests could involve sneaking into the other two factions areas and committing crime or protecting your factions area. While you are in the other factions areas you'd not just be hostile to other NPC's if war mode is on you'd also be hostile to players of that faction as well.

Outside of Gadgetzan I could see the explorers league having quests in all the old ruins around Tanaris and maybe even some Bronze Dragonflight quest lines.

Eastern Kingdoms - Deadwind Pass
    It was never a quest hub to begin with but I'd love to see Khadgar trying to stabilize the area around Karazhan. Quests could involve banishing spirits and setting up wards that help stabilize the region so that life can start to inhabit it again.
    They should change contested zones from being zonewide to each subzone being contested/neutral/horde/alliance to reflect the plot of the war campaigns mission table.

I only have some:

Kalimdor

There is now a Iron Horde like train system from orgrimmar to barrens, tanaris, 1k needles, the edge of feralas, mulgore and Azshara (ashenvale and those zones north/connected to it have been taken by Night elves who have wiped out the horde from ashenvale thanks to using botani Aid.

Barrens have become one zone, by taking rocks from Stonetalon mountains. Certain areas have become more in control of the botani while some have become more barren others have become more lush. Partially Thanks to night elf druids that have infiltrated Wailing caverns to unleash natures wrath on the Horde

Stonetalon which is now a Zone shared by Mag'har Goblins and Highmountain taurens, the higher plateaus have rylaks/Wyverns/Highmountain eagles. There is a maghar capital there that is Basically as big as Bladespire citadel (slightly bigger) inhabited by the maghar. The Trains stop there, the design is basically blackrock.

1k Needles is now a dam with the part open to the sea now a port (basically the "Dam is where the needles end keeping the water inside the salt place) and The part where the pirates are (that opening to the sea) has been replaced with a booty bay type port. But its not owned by the steamwheedles, Its still a neutral port, just not controlled by the steamwheedles.

As for EK:

Thandol span has been rebuilt and there is a quest line about the rebuilding, the idea is simple every dwarf clan should take part in the building of the new dam, and as a result the 3 dwarven heads on the dam will be the heads of the representatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I imagine Kalimdor as a savage continent full of dangerous critters and unsettled zones, while Eastern Kingdoms has a more urban vibe, with politics and border conflicts dictating the troubles that plague those areas.

Northern Kalimdor:
    - Teldrassil remains a dead burnt husk.

- Night elves take Moonglade for them. Nighthaven upgraded to new capital, tunnel to Darkshore. Cenarion Circle moves to Nordrassil (note: Tyrande's dialogue says night elves retreated to Nordrassil instead, but this configuration would make more sense for Darkshore/Ashenvale as their main zones). The night elves ferociously attack any Horde in their lands.

- Saberon, Botani and Gronn have escaped from Draenor with the Mag'har. Solitary gronn and wandering saberon packs roam the Northern Barrens and Durotar, Saberon, invade Ashenvale, Botani are using the power of the Waling Caverns to turn the Southern Barrens into a jungle.

- Vulpera caravans travel through the Barrens, linking Thunderbluff and Orgrimmar

- Without Onyxia's brood or Theramore, Dustwallow Marsh is now home to a big Stonemaul city built in the southeastern mountains, by the coast. It uses WoD Ogre architecture. The ogres are allies of the Horde, but are under attack from Grimtotem tauren. Botani have also invaded the swamps.

- The Mag'har are settling in Stonetalon. Gronn and goren have spread all over the mountains of the region.

Southern Kalimdor:

- Tanaris and Uldum are now a single zone (just "Tanaris"). Gadgetzan is now a huge city like in Heartstone.

- Un'goro Crater is more like the Hearthstone version as well.

- Sargeras' sword has crumbled under the power of the Heart of Azeroth. Ahn'qiraj/Silithus are now a single zone ("The Wounded Lands"). Xal'atath, now called the Black Empress, is gathering cultists and summoning eldrich abominations to rebuild the ruins of Ahn'qiraj and start a new Black Empire.

Lordaeron:
    - Gilneas and Stromgarde have been restored.

- Lordaeron (the upper city, not the underground) is the restored home of the Forsaken. Under Calia's leadership, there's truce with the Alliance, and the Forsaken are welcoming living people. They rule the city as a sort of a sinister "upper status" class. While Calia and her inner circle rule wisely, some forsaken are less happy with this arrangement.

- Banshee Loyalists have taken refuge in Alterac. The city is now rebuilt in Forsaken style and is threatening both Alliance and Horde in the north.

- Dalaran has returned to its original spot in Hillsbrad.

- The Plaguelands have been restored and have became the Borderlands and Eastwauld. Borderlands are under Forsaken control, but threatened by insurgent humans and the remains of the Scarlet Crusade. Eastwauld is controlled by Argent Crusade, with Stratholme as its capital, but is threatened by both amani trolls from the north and sinister things that still lurk in darkened forests and underground.

- The Revantusk have taken Jintha'alor and made it a Horde city. Their conflict with the Wildhammer dwarves of Aerie Peak has become more violent.

- Eversong Woods have been restored, with the Dead Scar healed, but it remains in the Ghostlands, where there's still many corrupted areas. The Amani rise to conquer the land before the elves do.

Khaz Modan:
    - Menethil Harbor has been rebuilt. Wetlands tunnels to Ironrforge have been restored.

- Twilight Highlands are now called Wyrmrest Highlands, and are controlled by dragons.

Southern Eastern Kingdoms:
    - Without the Legion threatening it, Outland's population has overgrown beyond the shattered world's resources. The races of Outland are travelling through the Dark Portal to settle on Azeroth.

- Broken and Lost Ones are in conflict over Swamp of Sorrows.

- The twisted Arakkoa of Outland settled in Deadwind Pass and seek to conquer Karazhan. They also are expanding into Duskwood.

- Most of Duskwood's population died in the Legion's invasion, so the void elves are starting their own settlement there to experiment with the Void. The arakkoa, also void users, have make things go out of control.

- The Zandalari have declared war on the Gurubashi, because of the imminent return of Hakkar.
    I love this it introduces a lot races and conflicts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alterac Valley: It becomes its own zone separate from Hillsbrad Foothills. A lot of Frostwolf Orc/Frostfire Ridge inspiration. Dwarves have left the Valley alone mostly and the Orcs are setting up a settlement of sorts but only recently. Most of the danger is Yetis and Wendigos and some bandits trying to find anything worth getting from the fallen human kingdom.

The Ogres feel a bit of a hatred for the Orcs here and inevitable conflict comes despite Frost Wolves just want to be left alone.

I'm lazy and would do more but yeah.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Some random ideas:

Hyjal is now the starting zone for NEs. Their questing is about cleansing the lingering corruption after N'Zoth's defeat/banishment/flight after 8.3. NEs continue to quest in a revamped Felwood where NE and KT druids are working to heal the woods, with a partial success only. There might be a secondary arc where NEs try to amass an army to retake Ashenvale, but the corruption of the land remains a big obstacle.

The Tainted Forest in the Blasted Lands is now larger and constitutes the Worgen starting zone. Ideally this zone would be somewhat reminiscent of Drustvar, with less witches and a stronger Druidic vibe, which would be reinforced with a couple of KT garrisons here and there, especially in the coastal areas. Worgen quests continue in Gilneas, where they eradicate the few Forsaken and Sylvanas' loyalists still there, but they find that a couple of Val'kyrs have been busy at work and the land is crawling with undead. The campaign's objective is to retake Gilneas City, and a couple of towns. The Victorian style of the place would be cool to stick vampires, gargoyles and banshees in, aside from the customary ghoul/skeleton.

The Blasted Lands proper (i.e. minus the Tainted Forest part) is also noticeably larger, and is home to demons, fel infested wildlife and disenfranchised Mag'har who no longer recognise the Horde council's authority and attack anyone on sight. They have also reactivated the Dark Portal. Who knows what could they bring from today's Outland? This would be an "off the hook" zone, i.e. a place you visit for resources gathering mostly, with the odd quest here and there - much like Vanilla Aszhara.

Westfall has seceded from the Stormwind crown, but is almost completely in ruins. Hostility towards Stormwind and the Alliance at large is the leitmotif here. Dwarven and Draenei shamans try to regain the populace's goodwill by soothing the agitated elements in the zone, and manage to eliminate the whirlwind and the associated chasm. Questing ends with a vague promise to undertake further negotiations with SW, but there is always the sensation that something is amiss among the SW envoys.

The Barrens have been healed by Tauren and Troll druids, and once again constitutes a single zone. Still, the northern part remains Orgrimmar's hinterland, while the southern part has a significant Alliance presence. Camp Taurajo has been rebuilt with tacit help (or at least non interference) from the Alliance, which makes the locals quite uneasy about it. Ratchet is much larger, and the questing there shows both Alliance and Horde characters getting sheared off for Goblins' profit.

More to come later
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Quel'thalas - I'd like a storyline to focus on finally driving out the Amani.

I'd also like there to be some form of reconciliation between the Void Elves and Blood Elves, maybe letting the former use Zul'aman as the base for their new capital once the two races deal with the Amani threat. A safe enough distance from the Sunwell. There's an Old God general's corpse there they can poke too.
    Don't really see the point in continuing the faction divide with the Horde no longer existing. Quel'thalas should be independent.
    To me it the faction war seems to serve up a series of either losses or Pyrrhic victories, and the leaders of both factions need to realize that not only can they not afford war/vengeance, they haven't been able to do so for a while.

On the other hand if you want to play a blood elf, you can essentially do so on either faction.

Id kind of like to see 1-2 zones where some mages in an attempt to help Azeroth heal faster use time magic and accidentally fuck shit up causing the zones to constantly change. So like one month the zone might be 2 million years in the past with massive Proto Quillboars and dinosaurs and stuff and the next month the quillboars and dinosaurs now evolved into humanoids could have evolved and have Draenei level technology. The quests involve going into the zones and collecting specimens and researching in an attempt to lock the zone down and fix it and you can do them every time the zone changes.

Then like after a year players donate resources/research in an attempt to lock the zone into the time period they want and get an allied race, unique gear, new mounts, etc.. from that version of the zone. So if you wanted Proto Quillboars as an allied race you would donate to hopefully lock in the ancient past version of the zone. Of course if everyone else wanted speeder bike mounts from the future zone and donated to that you would be fucked and have to settle for the rewards from that version.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Id kind of like to see 1-2 zones where some mages in an attempt to help Azeroth heal faster use time magic and accidentally fuck shit up causing the zones to constantly change. So like one month the zone might be 2 million years in the past with massive Proto Quillboars and dinosaurs and stuff and the next month the quillboars and dinosaurs now evolved into humanoids could have evolved and have Draenei level technology. The quests involve going into the zones and collecting specimens and researching in an attempt to lock the zone down and fix it and you can do them every time the zone changes.

Then like after a year players donate resources/research in an attempt to lock the zone into the time period they want and get an allied race, unique gear, new mounts, etc.. from that version of the zone. So if you wanted Proto Quillboars as an allied race you would donate to hopefully lock in the ancient past version of the zone. Of course if everyone else wanted speeder bike mounts from the future zone and donated to that you would be fucked and have to settle for the rewards from that version.
    It'd never happen but I'd love more time stuff around the world, heh. I think a zone where you can play it both in the present and either in the past or the future would be neat, the first time you get there it's very difficult and inhospitable, but through doing quests in the past you change the zone in the present, make it easier to navigate or kill enemies, unlock more quest chains, etc.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Restore the Barrens to its original state as a single zone. Now that we have level scaling having a zone that covers two level brackets shouldn't be an issue.

Purify at least part of the Ghostlands.

Find a way to unflood Thousand Needles.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I think Badland's climate should be based on the Mojave Desert

I just want a revamp that me the player feel like helped to construct like contributing for mage tower, etc in broken shore

5+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see Kalimdor and Easthern Kingdoms to be larger. Let's say multiplied by 2.
    That would fit better the scale compared to all those Island expansions.

For example Elwyn Forest:
    In volume this means that Elwyn Forest is 4 times biggers (the length east-west, but also north-south mutliplied by 2).
    What happens then, is that there is more space between the villages and areas as we know an we can make some lore there.
    Goldshire becomes a town, and a new village is build between Goldshire and Stormwind.

This you can do with all area's creating enough space for low level quests, but also new content for level 120+ (just like those level 100 areas in each of the draenor zones).
    So when we hit max level, we still can go back to our nostalgic area's.