Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvandoh View Post
    Even better yet: if they're not going to stop, let's make them stop. Let's hunt meat eaters down and coerce them into stopping… or else!
    Yes, let's kill all meat eaters because of your odd morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

When the problem is "there's too much pee in this pool", Step 1 is "maybe stop peeing in the pool, then".
    How do you plan on stopping China from peeing in the pool? You can't even stop them from influencing American Companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Yes, let's kill all meat eaters because of your odd morals.
    You brought killing into this. Not me. You sicko!

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I have become such a fan of this girl for the mere fact she is pissing off climate change denies and the far right. It's such a joy watching people be so angry at a girl, the icing on the cake is when she just put Trumps tweet into her bio on twitter. xD

Give her all the awards...
    Pissing off others? She is the one pissed off. It's laughable.

Thunberg is mentally ill and I predict will kill herself before she turns 30.

H O W D A R E Y O U.

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-10-11 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Major Trolling - Minor suicide "jokes" are entirely inappropriate.

I'm not sure why people are expecting a child to have all the answers. She's just trying to spread awareness of the problem.

Focusing on insulting the child instead of the problem that she's bringing up is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Atleast she didnt get the peace prize lol

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm not sure why people are expecting a child to have all the answers. She's just trying to spread awareness of the problem.
    I feel like this is a similar situation like when spinner981 posted that video about a young girl talking against abortion; you can't tell if they were her own thoughts or if she was coached.

Focusing on insulting the child instead of the problem that she's bringing up is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
    Some hype up the child insanely, others when they say she is just a kid get blamed like they are the devil.

I guess its not allowed to tell that her mom pushed her mental illness, but its true. If her mom wasnt connected noone would have noticed a kid demonstrating outside her school. They would just have complained that she skipped class and removed her school money for missed classes.
    Last edited by Bodonius; 2019-10-11 at 05:29 PM.

Marshall Islands going bye-bye

Marshall Islands declares national climate crisis

The Republic of the Marshall Islands, one of the lowest lying island nations in the world, has declared a national emergency over climate change.

The country’s president, Hilda Heine, tweeted the news Friday, blaming the international community for not acting quickly enough to mitigate global warming “of its own making.”

“Our parliament has officially declared a national climate crisis. As one of only four low-lying coral atoll nations in the world, the failure of the international community to adequately respond to the global climate crisis of its own making holds particularly grave consequences,” she tweeted.

-------------------

People are too much in denial about this...and prefer to condemn the messenger, rather than listen to the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Atleast she didnt get the peace prize lol
    She was closer than Trump EVER will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    People are too much in denial about this...and prefer to condemn the messenger, rather than listen to the message.
    I don't think people are in denial, people are more like "if me eating meat makes marshall islands go bye-bye, why should I stop eating meat, anyway?"

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    I don't think people are in denial, people are more like "if me eating meat makes marshall islands go bye-bye, why should I stop eating meat, anyway?"
    Lol! Good point. Many are not convinced eating meat is the reason anyway. Climate change is real and humankind needs to adapt to it. I was reading about a ancient burial ground they found off the coast of the southern US in the Gulf of Mexico. Several feet under water. The land there was once above water about 7,000 years ago.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Insulting her sure...but what i don't get is the ass kissing shes getting. Shes not worthy of a peace prize...shes not a "visionary". Shes asking the same questions that people have been asking for 30 years now but all of a sudden because someone is using a kid to push the message its adorable and prolific?

Has she actually presented any solutions? I don't think spreading awareness alone (although still admirable) is worthy of a Nobel Peace prize so it's just she didn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Stamping your feet and yelling out how dare you, chastising those who you are trying to convince is not a very good method of persuasion. That's the fucking point. Her age just amplifies that.
    The topic of this thread is specifically a bunch of morons stamping their feet and yelling how dare you LOL.

Talk about delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Actually you're proving my point for me. Experts shouldn't be those who determine the policy solution for that because there are no experts in that case as well. The people in the democracy should and they should elect the representative that will implement their values. Same goes for economic issues.
    Nobody is asking that climate scientists write the policy, any more than we ask that experts on murder write murder laws.

But you know, when people write the policy to deal with murder, you'd hope they were consulting criminologists.

No offence dude, but you literally don't know how anything works. Maybe you should keep your ignorant opinions to yourself until you get some education on the topic. Might save you further public humiliation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    Has she actually presented any solutions? I don't think spreading awareness alone (although still admirable) is worthy of a Nobel Peace prize so it's just she didn't get it.
    Nobel Peace Prizes are awarded to people who represent things the Committee wishes to progress.

For example, Obama won it for being the first black President. That award was basically "hey America, congratulations on need being a racist country anymore".

In light of recent developments, maybe that one should be rescinded...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The better question now is how to address this sort of problem rather then debate if it is real or not? Because areas like The Maldives and Marshall Islands are literally going underwater its better to know how to move those large swaths of people to other nations of interests without causing wide spread panic. Also while i find this issue to be important no power structure in the world regardless of government will be able to remove the carbon producing industries in a speedy enough manner to provide relief to the 2 areas in the world i mentioned, it will need to be large government programs otherwise it becomes far to expensive with to little of a positive outlook for any power corporation to take on themselves.

Once we can figure out the price point that is required for scale along with upkeep and emergency funds needed incase of a large scale outage we can get behind any program or plan to do so. Berating some child because she wants to correct an issue that our grandparents had a firm hand in creating is not only childish in of itself but shows a severe lack of intelligence, sure she is a mouthpiece but is no different to a mouthpiece like Charlie Kirk or Chris Hedges ( one for each side of the American political system ).

Will these systems replace the current electric map? Will these new plans force corporations to compete driving overall prices down as most areas have a single or a duopoly? Will the government have to run and maintain these plants/ structures as the cost would be to great along with upkeep? If the government maintains and operates these will it be under a fair market practice to allow private companies to compete? How does one protect this sort of investment against a rogue administration that only delays that nation/state/city from securing their energy future ( Aka a Trump )?

Those are the first questions among many many many more and until those very basic entry level questions get a response its almost as if just kicking the can down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Nobel Peace Prizes are awarded to people who represent things the Committee wishes to progress.

For example, Obama won it for being the first black President. That award was basically "hey America, congratulations on need being a racist country anymore".

In light of recent developments, maybe that one should be rescinded...
    It's funny how a president that orders more drone strikes (with so many civilian casualties) than his predecessor can win a Nobel just because he has a dark complexion. (That's America for you though!) If that's the level of merit the Nobel has slumped to, it's no wonder people have refused the award in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    It's funny how a president that orders more drone strikes (with so many civilian casualties) than his predecessor can win a Nobel just because he has a dark complexion. (That's America for you though!) If that's the level of merit the Nobel has slumped to, it's no wonder people have refused the award in the past.
    As I said, it was more what he represented, ie America putting its racist past aside. So much for that, huh?

But I do heartily enjoy listening to conservatives concern troll over drone strikes. Wish I could take these posts in a time machine back to the Bush Administration when you guys couldn't get enough of that Bush boot in your mouths. Real concerned about the victims of indiscriminate warfare in the Middle East, aren't you? Har-de-fucking-ha-ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Greta is a useful puppet. Keep an eye on those who promote her views and present her as some beacon of hope for the masses to get behind the climate change agenda.