Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowisp View Post
    The heart of the matter is the "Corporation" made a decision that effected both professional players and sportcasters without fair representation, they acted quickly and harshly, and failed to justify their decision at the time they made the decision. They were judge, jury and executioner in this affair.
    They also took nearly a week to make this statement. This would be unacceptable in any other professional sport with a governing body.

There should be an International Sports Body for eSports that handles matters of player/coaching regulation, an independent sport tribunal to hear such matters. The corporate overlords can't be the sole decider if a professional player career is over.
    lol you askign for more draman, if there was a international Sport Body, Bliztchung will have his ass kick as many other profesionals get when they break rules, and the to sportcasters fail at the job terrible, they lucky as fuck to not been fire. I dare you to go on monday at your job and do a bullshit that those 2 dude did, and see if you dont get your ass kick.

Quote Originally Posted by pltr View Post
    Can you be any more full of shit though? https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/...-user-reports/

The only thing Blizzard care about is their bottom line. Everything else can go down the drain. Freedom of speech, human rights, decency - you name it. If banning all black or gay people would positively affect their bottom line they would it in an instant.
    Same article says the name was reinstated.

Blizzard made the right decision - even if it was an unpopular one. Think of the slippery slope that would have resulted if they didn't set a precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Hypothetically, what if someone showed sign Free Palestine, Boycott Israel, what do you think Blizzard should've done in that case?

Personally, I think Blizzard should stay away from politics, granted their games have various political messages but letting people use their platform to push their political views on large audience is unacceptable and "but we do that all the time in trade chat" statement is misleading. Trade chat is where everyone can talk while live cast is restricted to select few.
    Thing is, they would have done just abount nothing. That person would most likely have been told to stop and thats it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    l
    Yet they allow free hong kong posters, and LGBT stuff which china HATES
    odd.
    On the EU and US boards for sure. On any international stage or forum though? Not a chance.

How dissapointing is that message.

J. Allen Brack is officially someones' bitch.

Says enough that you cannott comment under that dumpster fire message of his.
    Last edited by Gombadoh; 2019-10-13 at 06:51 AM.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it's been linked yet, but here you go:
    https://www.pcgamer.com/suspended-he...rds-statement/

Chung 'blitzchung' Ng Wai, the Hearthstone Grandmaster who was suspended by Blizzard after calling for Hong Kong's liberation, has responded to the statement in which Blizzard walked his suspension back from a year to six months and reinstated his winnings.

"First of all," he wrote, "I'm grateful for Blizzard reconsidering their position about my ban. Earlier this week, I told media that I knew I might have penalty or consequence for my act, because I understand that my act could take the conversation away from the purpose of the event. In the future, I will be more careful on that and express my opinions or show my support to Hong Kong on my personal platforms"

Blitzchung went on to express gratitude that his winnings were being restored, explaining that, "People from Blizzard had explained this to me through a phone call and I really appreciate that and I accept their decision on this part."

Regarding the reduction of his suspension, he's grateful for that too though he noted, "six months is still quite a lot to me" and added "I wish Blizzard can reconsider about their penalty on the two casters involved."

He finished by answering the question a lot of his fans have been asking: Whether he'll be returning to competitive Hearthstone. "Honestly, I have no idea on that yet. Since my next tournament is very likely to be the grandmaster tournament of next season, it's probably at least a few months from now on. I will take this time to relax myself to decide if I am staying in competitive hearthstone scene or not."

He finished by writing, "Hearthstone changed my the way I live, I really love this community. Blessing to all the players out there, and blessing to Blizzard."

Blitzchung has also been answering questions on his Twitch channel. On the Hearthstone subreddit, a commenter translated some of his replies, including this response to the question of how he felt about suggestions of boycotts or protests at Blizzcon: "We can enjoy the game all we want. I mean even if you don't do it it's totally fine, for some people it's their livelihood. Also I was definitely not trying to damage Blizzard by my actions. Also I really want to say one thing. I'm seeing a lot of people pushing streamers, players, casters, Blizzard employees etc to make a statement (regarding me). I want to make it clear that whether you play Blizzard games or not and whether you make a statement or not are completely your personal freedom. I don't think we should push people into anything. I also hope those who stayed neutral or silent won't be targeted by the crowd. Not that I don't appreciate your support but it's their freedom. I am against this "pushing others to speak up" thing. Even if one disagrees with you we have to respect each other. This is the fundamantal line of democracy."

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六*天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門*屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle *躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化*革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯* 唐古* Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 *想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪*法 *法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 *紀元時報 *評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门
    Look guys I posted the thing xDDDD

Am I the only one that doesn't wanna hear political options on a video game cast?

1: It should always be game related. I don't care.

2: About 99% of the people don't care at all about hongkong. You guys just wanna "do your part" Pat yourself on the back. It's like sharing a "one share = one dollar" post. Your just doing a more advanced pointless version. This is just the neckbeard basement version of "helping"

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't wanna hear political options on a video game cast?

2: About 99% of the people don't care at all about hongkong. You guys just wanna "do your part" Pat yourself on the back. It's like sharing a "one share = one dollar" post. Your just doing a more advanced pointless version. This is just the neckbeard basement version of "helping"
    Yup. I literally do not care.

I do care that US wins in the new Cold War though but this sphere of that is irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I'm not saying blizz don't care.

I'm saying that certain people on this forum want to fuck over Chinese gamers
    i have zero problem with chinese ppl, in fact i have sympathy, while they aren't living in the WORST country on earth (that honor belong to me and fellow egypt/yemen/venzuella), they don't live freely either
    China is a tyrannical regime, just on larger scale, they have less tyranny (they don't kill ppl for the lols, at least not as much as some other countries) but they still do whatever the f8ck they want

- - - Updated - - -

why u assume ppl live in 1st world countries? majority of ppl live in 3rd world countries, and as someone who lives in one of worst tyrannical regime systems to ever exist, i do want to help hong kong even by the micro bit i can do, i don't want them to devolve to egypt
    i do however roll my eye when ppl talk about how 'brave' protesters are, sir if the regime wants to end protests he will bring tanks and run over ppl as it literally happened in front of me and game over, u can't protest against tanks even if u have light weapons, but china isn't doing that because they don't have full control over system yet, something we must sure they never do, or else repeat of the infamous china square again and new red paint for asphalt
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Not sure if it's been linked yet, but here you go:
    https://www.pcgamer.com/suspended-he...rds-statement/

Chung 'blitzchung' Ng Wai, the Hearthstone Grandmaster who was suspended by Blizzard after calling for Hong Kong's liberation, has responded to the statement in which Blizzard walked his suspension back from a year to six months and reinstated his winnings.

"First of all," he wrote, "I'm grateful for Blizzard reconsidering their position about my ban. Earlier this week, I told media that I knew I might have penalty or consequence for my act, because I understand that my act could take the conversation away from the purpose of the event. In the future, I will be more careful on that and express my opinions or show my support to Hong Kong on my personal platforms"

Blitzchung went on to express gratitude that his winnings were being restored, explaining that, "People from Blizzard had explained this to me through a phone call and I really appreciate that and I accept their decision on this part."

Regarding the reduction of his suspension, he's grateful for that too though he noted, "six months is still quite a lot to me" and added "I wish Blizzard can reconsider about their penalty on the two casters involved."

He finished by answering the question a lot of his fans have been asking: Whether he'll be returning to competitive Hearthstone. "Honestly, I have no idea on that yet. Since my next tournament is very likely to be the grandmaster tournament of next season, it's probably at least a few months from now on. I will take this time to relax myself to decide if I am staying in competitive hearthstone scene or not."

He finished by writing, "Hearthstone changed my the way I live, I really love this community. Blessing to all the players out there, and blessing to Blizzard."

Blitzchung has also been answering questions on his Twitch channel. On the Hearthstone subreddit, a commenter translated some of his replies, including this response to the question of how he felt about suggestions of boycotts or protests at Blizzcon: "We can enjoy the game all we want. I mean even if you don't do it it's totally fine, for some people it's their livelihood. Also I was definitely not trying to damage Blizzard by my actions. Also I really want to say one thing. I'm seeing a lot of people pushing streamers, players, casters, Blizzard employees etc to make a statement (regarding me). I want to make it clear that whether you play Blizzard games or not and whether you make a statement or not are completely your personal freedom. I don't think we should push people into anything. I also hope those who stayed neutral or silent won't be targeted by the crowd. Not that I don't appreciate your support but it's their freedom. I am against this "pushing others to speak up" thing. Even if one disagrees with you we have to respect each other. This is the fundamantal line of democracy."
    I must say I am thankful that blitz is handling this with class and encouraging others to not push people to take a side in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    you know that even tho he's laughting/joking , things there are fucked up, and he could have an "unfortunately accident" after he brought international attention even if for a moment for the Hong kong thing
    That is the main problem. Things are serious and some people think, making fun of that is OK. Instead of condemning childish acts like this, when we should talk seriously , internetZ folk approved it by glorifying this childish individuals...

Just no. Some things are more important and when you have a broad audience watching you should use that platform. It's actually funny how much Blizz made a fool of themselves. They could've just left it uncommented and deleted the footage to never show that part again and no one would've cared but this is Diablo: Immortals level of stupid.
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

Ofc the ones involved in the dispute handle things better than the third party observing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeller View Post
    Just no. Some things are more important and when you have a broad audience watching you should use that platform. It's actually funny how much Blizz made a fool of themselves. They could've just left it uncommented and deleted the footage to never show that part again and no one would've cared but this is Diablo: Immortals level of stupid.
    If blizz would allow one person, whos opinion you share, to get away, that opens a precedent to other acts as such, and before you know, players will be shouting their political positions all over the place. I don't want gender politics in my MDI streams or let's say if someone, whos opinion you don't share did it? Let's say... India vs Pakistan or any other world conflict where people are at disagreement? Gun politics of US too? A pro gun person would start shouting some stupid stuff? Masses of people would urge to blizz to take action against someone who is a pro-gun. And there would be a bunch who loves owning guns too who would shout about their freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Then why do they peddle gay pride and hand out armbands during Overwatch League broadcasts? Constantly talking about it?

Oh because supporting the gay community is now trendy and profitable.

Pissing off China is not.
    Gay communities (and supporting them) pisses China off as well.
    "Peddle" your homophobia somewhere else along with your armchair attempts at realpolitik. You know nothing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Then why do they peddle gay pride and hand out armbands during Overwatch League broadcasts? Constantly talking about it?

Oh because supporting the gay community is now trendy and profitable.

Pissing off China is not.
    Yes but they dont show these during the russian stream.
    Corporate focus tested activism tailored to each region/regime for maximum profits!
    Last edited by Donatello Trumpi; 2019-10-13 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Gay communities (and supporting them) pisses China off as well.
    "Peddle" your homophobia somewhere else along with your armchair attempts at realpolitik. You know nothing.
    He's right though. Advocating for the LGBT community and all is a massively profitable deal nowadays, no surprise so many people are jumping on board to milk the cow.

And the best part is: not only is it trendy and profitable, but anyone daring to criticize your doing will now be easily accused of "homophobia", like you did.

It's a well oiled system. You get both money, morality points and a great shield against any and all criticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    He's right though. Advocating for the LGBT community and all is a massively profitable deal nowadays.
    Are you actually sure or should you have started your comment with "My vague guess based on my gut feeling is.."?
    If you're sure, can you show me the quarterly report from Blizzard that actually supports this? I bet you can't. Because there's no fucking correlation.

First of all, I'm grateful for Blizzard reconsidering their position about my ban.
    / thread