Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah keep this human right's shit out of my video games please, let them suffer and die over there I don't want to see that shit while I enjoy my privileged life and my video games.

Hope all these massive billion dollar corporations shut down these protesters/players and keep their markets and customers in China happy and secure.

Activision and RIOT games PLEASE BAN ALL HUMAN RIGHTS PROTESTS AND PUNISH ANY PLAYERS SEVERELY.

/sarcasm

based Riot (and I dont even play LoL xd)

Quote Originally Posted by Bayen View Post
    Yeah keep this human right's shit out of my video games please
    yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    God forbid video game companies ask for an environment free from politics so we can all enjoy the thing or event we came to enjoy.
    so freedom is now 'politic' and not human right?
    what is human right then? watching pr0n?

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody's stopping you from lifting your fat ass and helping them

("You" in a general sense not you personally)
    did u try live in an actual f8cked up world? yes they literally did stop me, not just try
    try being burned alive, lose eye, get gutted and walk holding ur entrails, among lot of other injuries
    so can i at least say that my government successfully stopped any try to help anyone for their rights?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    so freedom is now 'politic' and not human right?
    what is human right then? watching pr0n?

- - - Updated - - -

did u try live in an actual f8cked up world? yes they literally did stop me, not just try
    try being burned alive, lose eye, get gutted and walk holding ur entrails, among lot of other injuries
    so can i at least say that my government successfully stopped any try to help anyone for their rights?
    yes, its literally political. there are no "human rights". thats all politics and governments.

God forbid video game companies ask for an environment free from politics so we can all enjoy the thing or event we came to enjoy.
    You mean the same companies that couldn't hold their dicks when there was money to be made from gay pride day?

This was basically every motherfucking company during that day. But sure, now we can't have political statements all of the sudden. And this has surely got absolutely nothing to do with Chinese relationships and is all just about respect and a good viewing experience.

I will concede to that point and agree with the goal, but remain that you can achieve the same pressure without hijacking their events that your friends are trying to enjoy.

It's 2019 these types of methods are quite simply outdated and no longer necessary with social media and YouTube and all that. You know as well as I do we currently live in a society of mob justice that is always looking for the next big thing to be outraged over. Getting that mob to focus on your cause isn't all that hard as blitzchung demonstrated. I'm just saying he could have achieved simar results somewhere else and without making personal sacrifice.
    and I will argue that the personal sacrifice and the risk he took is what makes it more noticable.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    and I will argue that the personal sacrifice and the risk he took is what makes it more noticable.
    id argue using a companies tournament to spout your political ideology shows how lazy, childish, and immature you are. rather than standing on your own two feet to make a difference, you abuse screen time a gaming tournament allowed you to have. the same company that pays your bills. you force your political opinions onto their broadcast. childish.

Gamers are known already to be somewhat homophobic with their slurs and insensitive insults constantly, I don't think it's really a good look to try and prove your point by further trying to demonize the gay community..

Maybe be able to understand that two completely different things are treated...differently?
    Yea, because the gaming community isn't as racist as it is sexist or homophobic.

But sure, let's treat all of this differently... because calling out for human rights in China is completely different than calling out for human rights for women, gays or basically any race on this planet. I totally get your point. Talking about China is just silly in that context - why should wait for the official international freedom-for-China day before we're being allowed to monetize out empathy for China by buying tons tons FREE///CHINA merch.

guy speaks up for hong kong on his own stream/blog whatever

couple thousand sees/reacts

guy speaks up for hong kong on a tournament, tens of millions are in uproar and it gets a massive effect on social media.

yeah I wonder which is more effective
    tens of millions are in uproar to bash a company that they want to see burning, no one actualy gives a fuck that people are being beaten to death in China. And in 1 week no one will talk about it.

Did you hear about the protest going on in Iraq since few days ?? Dozens of dead and the government shut down their internet.
    Did you hear about the protest going on in Ekwador since few days ?? Buildings are burning and the army is allowed to use force. And people are protesting because government subsidies stopped being paid for gasoline so they will have to pay more than the current $0.49 per litre of gasoline by few cents.

But in Iraq and Ekwador there is no gaming company to bash so people don't give a shit about those protests and people dying on the streets. People are a bunch of Hypocrites, nothing new.

And nobody is stopping you from doing anything. Go to Hong Kong to protest, donate thousands of dollars, knock yourself out. Spamming Free HK in twitch chat does fk all in the real world LMAO
    The classiest of all arguments.
    If your action don't immediately change the world just shut the fuck up about it and leave the rest of us be in our cynical and ignorant bubbles.
    We should just build a wall around China and be done with it.

guy speaks up for hong kong on a tournament, tens of millions are in uproar and it gets a massive effect on social media.

this whole "I dont wanna see the real world in my video games" thing is doing nothing but perpetuates the ignorance for human suffering in the west.

and dont come back at me with the whole "nothing's gonna change anyway" BS, you have to at least try.
    Dont make me laugh. Those millions dont give a shiit about people in China. Spamming Twitch chat with memes and hating on companies is cool now. If you really wanna change anything you have to target correct people with your messages, not some toxic kids with down syndrome like 90% of people on twitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, is that a Heel vs BabyFace video? The same Heel v Babyface who keeps moaning in his videos that politics should never be forced into gaming//moves/TV, and here he is advocating for it....

Yea... if we post a videos on this site can we have a more reliable opinion than people like HeelvBabyface and The Quartering. Two of the biggest hypocrites when it comes to gaming. The Quartering literally made a website that is a 'no politics zone' and just gaming. Yet he also took shots at Blizzard for daring censor a poltical speech. You'd think these channels would be for Blizzard idea to ban Blitzchung

HeelvBabyface and The Quartering don't care about China, they just enjoy having shots at companies they feel are 'woke'. Because both of them are right wing racists and sexists. I am surprised MMO-Champion continues to let these video be linked here.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    tens of millions are in uproar to bash a company that they want to see burning, no one actualy gives a fuck that people are being beaten to death in China. And in 1 week no one will talk about it.

Did you hear about the protest going on in Iraq since few days ?? Dozens of dead and the government shut down their internet.
    Did you hear about the protest going on in Ekwador since few days ?? Buildings are burning and the army is allowed to use force. And people are protesting because government subsidies stopped being paid for gasoline so they will have to pay more than the current $0.49 per litre of gasoline by few cents.

But in Iraq and Ekwador there is no gaming company to bash so people don't give a shit about those protests and people dying on the streets. People are a bunch of Hypocrites, nothing new.
    I'd imagine it's because people only care about things they more or less relate to. People can't relate to Iraq when it's always been fucked up, but people can relate to a place like Hong Kong, that wasn't, becoming so, because of the intervention of a bunch of communists. One countries problems from their own doing is not the same as problems due to another country causing them. Caring about one thing doesn't make you a hypocrite because you don't care about all things related to it. None of what you said makes anyone a hypocrite, unless you think that if you don't care about every protest, you can't care about any.

No one should be using a gaming tournament as a political platform, that's not what people are there for, especially if it's against the rules. But that doesn't change the fact how Blizzard handled it and their asskissing of the CCP was bad. There are so many other ways they could've handled it and no one would have batted an eye. The reality is people in general are becoming more aware and getting bothered by a lot of Chinese related bullshit, especially when it begins to affect politics and the way people live, and they attempt to push influence, and Blizzard picked a bad time to pick the wrong side.

The only hypocrites here are companies like Blizzard, that pretend like they give a fuck about things like gay rights, but then proceed to only push those rights to the countries that aren't against gay people, for example. In other words, they only care about pandering to get more money by pretending they care about anything other than your money.
    Last edited by La; 2019-10-13 at 11:11 AM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

I think it’s important to take into context Blitzchung’s actions. He is from Hong Kong and he won an Asia-Pacific event. How is him trying to raise awareness of the HK situation in any way surprising? If your home stae was being brutally repressed, would you just go “nah, im not going to reach out to an audience of millions because it might inconvenience people who dont want to think about human rights abuses happening right outside my door”? It’s not like he is an american player on an american stream yelling about Human Rights Abuse of the Week.

Yes, they happen all the time. So fucking what? Why is that an excuse to not raise awareness?

why are people surprised, riot doesnt want people to use their platform for their own political agenda, that doesnt mean riot is sucking chinas dicks or hates free speach

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    why are people surprised, riot doesnt want people to use their platform for their own political agenda, that doesnt mean riot is sucking chinas dicks or hates free speach
    so exactly the same as Blizzard

also Riot is owned by China lmao

It's 2019 give me a break from that hot garbage. If you want to ''speak up'' against anything at all in this world, never before has a single voice had such volume or power as it does today on social media and the internet. There is zero need to hijack somebody else's tournament or gaming event to further push your personal agenda, regardless of what it may be. Do that shit on your own platform.

And if you really gave a shit you would actually do something instead of virtue signaling on a gaming forum so save it lol.
    Yeah, thats not remotely true. A single voice is still worthless. When it becomes an echo chamber for retards is when people notice and begin to blindly follow it with likes, hashtags, and thoughts and prayers, because the social media generation is fucking incomptent
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

this whole "I dont wanna see the real world in my video games" thing is doing nothing but perpetuates the ignorance for human suffering in the west.

and dont come back at me with the whole "nothing's gonna change anyway" BS, you have to at least try.
    Yeah, and it's only because it was a cause most people can agree with. If he had yelled out "Blood and Soil!", pledged himself to ISIS, or something similar we would not be having this conversation. People would have been frothing over at the mouth as to why Blizzard did not permanently ban him then.

Also people fail to realize the Blizzard is actually modeling two free speech concepts that go largely forgotten. The first one being that free speech does not exist on private property. Blizzard's game, Blizzard's streams, Blizzards rules. Period. Second being that under true free speech, all speech has equal value and equal protection. That is why Blizzard's rule about political speech is in place. Because then they would, under the tenants of free speech, have to allow unpopular speech as well. So either way Blizzard was screwed in this situation and they knew it.

And what makes you think the west is ignorant to human suffering? We see it every day. Ever been to a homeless camp? Ever seen someone beaten/killed just for being who they are and daring to be so in public? Ever seen someone vilified just for having to use the bathroom in public? Your privilege speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I guarantee 90% of this thread will assume Riot is shilling for Tencent when they're really just trying to stop more retarded politics from unnecessarily entering another field.
    Geez, all those retarded human rights. Cant people just get genocided in silence?

10+ Year Old Account

you see, the problem with your logic is that when people hijack platforms which have no room or want for said political drama/statements it drives away the paying customer who wants their platform free of this. once you drive away all the money, the platform goes away too and now everything is ruined for everybody.
    Do you understand? "There is a time and a place for ....." is one of the best statements ever and one that should be adhered to more often