Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    They didn't exist at the launch of vanilla, they did exist by the time 1.12.1 was out.

- - - Updated - - -

Translation: "I don't like your answer so I'll insult your intelligence."
    Yes as I already said: it didn't exist at the beginning. Vanilla was over 2 years old before tbc release.

And as for that translation: I can't help it your replies make no sense to what I've already wrote in this thread. As i never claimed "don't use thottbot" or "don't use mods".
    Last edited by Ruchia; 2019-10-13 at 12:51 AM.

There wasnt a "Quest Helper" this time around. Stop acting like people didn't use quest addons 15 years ago.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    There wasnt a "Quest Helper" this time around. Stop acting like people didn't use quest addons 15 years ago.
    It would be nice if you followed the advice of your own signature.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You had questing mods in Vanilla that did the exact same thing as Questie.
    At launch? Vanilla existed for over 2 years, at a certain point those mods were introduced yes. As i repeatedly said already

Quote Originally Posted by Ruchia View Post
    It would be nice if you followed the advice of your own signature.
    I do, every day, what's that have to do with this? The use of quest helper addons is as old as the game. The very point of this thread is just to act as if one way is the "right" way.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

15+ Year Old Account
    bc it tells me where i have to go....did u really need me to answer that for u? Just trying to bait an argument with this thread?

Not saying they weren't. But the level of professionalism of those mods were really not of the same quality
    Of course not. The API was completely different and people were still trying to figure out how to make the addons, like really.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I do, every day, what's that have to do with this? The use of quest helper addons is as old as the game. The very point of this thread is just to act as if one way is the "right" way.
    Nope. That's what you make of it. Enough people in this thread gave good arguments on why they choose to use those mods. It's you and some others who put more meaning to my words.

- - - Updated - - -

Patch 1.12 wasn't at launch either so what? You know what else wasn't at launch? The year 2019. Move on

Enjoy the game how you want to and allow others to do the same.
    Oh sorry that this question of mine somehow stopped you from doing so ...

oO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    bc it tells me where i have to go....did u really need me to answer that for u? Just trying to bait an argument with this thread?
    I guess the point of the question went over your head. It's ok, other people gave enough insights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes as I already said: it didn't exist at the beginning. Vanilla was over 2 years old before tbc release.
    And classic wow is based on 1.12, and these mods existed in 1.12.

Again, why and how is this an issue if these kind of mods existed during vanilla?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

A question towards all those people playing classic and basically using Joanna's guide or questie or something along the lines of sheer content burning mods.

Why?

I came back to classic to enjoy the vastness of a world, hang out in chat, level up and do some raiding, PvP. Now I notice blizzard already backing down on earlier statements by releasing dire maul earlier.

Why would you play this game the retail way ? I thought the point was to not treat it like retail. Aren't you denying yourself a more authentic experience ?
    ok let me give you the REAL experience of Vanilla Questing back in 2005

I dont know where this Quest is
    I ask in Chat
    no answer
    i tab out i go to thottbot and search it

i use questie because ... it's awesome. i don't have to alt tab. convenience = objectively good. people don't want to go back to classic because "it was inconvenient"

Yes as I already said: it didn't exist at the beginning.
    It existed within 4 months of launch, or a mod very much like it did. Half my guild used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    And classic wow is based on 1.12, and these mods existed in 1.12.

Again, why and how is this an issue if these kind of mods existed during vanilla?
    Please point out where i'm saying it's an issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    I already explored the world 15 years ago and I don't remember every single quest location from the top off my head. It's just efficiency to get to the part of the game I actually enjoy, endgame dungeons and raids.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

A question towards all those people playing classic and basically using Joanna's guide or questie or something along the lines of sheer content burning mods.

Why?

I came back to classic to enjoy the vastness of a world, hang out in chat, level up and do some raiding, PvP. Now I notice blizzard already backing down on earlier statements by releasing dire maul earlier.

Why would you play this game the retail way ? I thought the point was to not treat it like retail. Aren't you denying yourself a more authentic experience ?
    1.) Addons like Questi existed by the end of Vanilla. We play on the last Vanilla patch. Seems authentic to me
    2.) What's the difference between alt-tab and check the dot on the thottbot map, or pressing M and checking the dot on the ingame map?
    3.) I leveled 13 char trough the Vanilla content before Cataclysm. Why do you care how i level my 14th?

i use it and still have tons of fun

the thing is that unlike back in the days there is more info available online, so instead of just knowing where to go by using questie i'd be just looking it up online which would be just more annoying, but ultimately would end up being the same thing

I used questie so I just get to 60 faster,i dont like leveling in most games,its more of a pain i need to get trough before I actually can start playing the game.

Using a semi okey questing addon and searching om thottbot would be the real vanilla way. For me it was no addon back then. Thottbot became my friend. Then thottbot died. 7.560.652 players showed up to the funeral. It had to be held outside for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by MoltenIceCream View Post
    I used questie so I just get to 60 faster,i dont like leveling in most games,its more of a pain i need to get trough before I actually can start playing the game.
    You're playing the wrong game then, because there isn't much game left to play in Classic once you're 60.

Your framing of the OP and your wording makes us believe that you don't approve of people who use these add-ons, hence the constant backlash you are receiving from people who feel the need to defend their playstyle, because of your perceived attack upon them
    I think i pointed out multiple times during this thread already that it's not the case. I also *gasp* used thottbot from time to time when stuck on a quest. I even have addons installed! Which is also a jump in logic that people seemed to make in this thread: that i don't approve of addons. Even though i never mentioned it once.