������ ������ ������ ������ ������ ������ ������ ������ ������ ������

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Where's a bus emoji when you need it

- - - Updated - - -

Hh, right. MMOC hates unicode.

- - - Updated - - -

Hh, right. MMOC hates unicode.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for the Trumpkins to come in here and say that Sondland was blackmailed by the Democrats to say that Trump told him to say that.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Be careful what you wish for, Trump is dare I say the last US president that clearly has a strong stance on China, a country that is clearly in a conquering mood as of late. Unless you of course find life under the CPP ideal, I wouldn't be all the excited; China already has a major role in influencing western media due to greed and $$$, eventually it won't just be our media that is influenced. I digress, as a fellow Northern neighbor of America I can tell you first hand the damage China can cause to a country, just take a look at British Columbia and its foreign investment issue.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom007p View Post
    Be careful what you wish for, Trump is dare I say the last US president that clearly has a strong stance on China, a country that is clearly in a conquering mood as of late. Unless you of course find life under the CPP ideal, I wouldn't be all the excited; China already has a major role in influencing western media due to greed and $$$, eventually it won't just be our media that is influenced. I digress, as a fellow Northern neighbor of America I can tell you first hand the damage China can cause to a country, just take a look at British Columbia and its foreign investment issue.
    Trump has only once stance on China. "Let me build towers and get money there".
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    Be careful what you wish for, Trump is dare I say the last US president that clearly has a strong stance on China.
    I see the rabid fanbase has moved from "too popular to be impeached" to "too effective to be impeached".

One, no he isn't. That trade deal he just signed wasn't a trade deal and he didn't sign anything. It was a promise not to escalate. That's not taking a strong stance on China, that's claiming to take a strong stance on China and blinking. Also, how's that situation in Hong Kong going?

Two, I'm not willing to compromise my principles by saying "XXX broke the law, but they did some other good stuff, so breaking the law doesn't matter".

Also just going to pre-emptively throw this out there: anyone who says "I'm not a Trump supporter, but isn't Trump just the best and aren't his opponents the worst?" is never believed.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I am quite ill informed when it comes to Trump; but from the little I've seen he seems to have crippled the Chinese economy to quite a sizable degree, which I can only see as being a positive. I'm not calling you a liar or anything but I'm sure you can understand my skepticism on your claim as this is the internet and it seems like most people just go out of their way to make there POV seem correct without any outstanding evidence backing it. All I know is you can't trust publicly traded companies to do the right thing when there is $$$ involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I see the rabid fanbase has moved from "too popular to be impeached" to "too effective to be impeached".

One, no he isn't. That trade deal he just signed wasn't a trade deal and he didn't sign anything. It was a promise not to escalate. That's not taking a strong stance on China, that's claiming to take a strong stance on China and blinking. Also, how's that situation in Hong Kong going?

Two, I'm not willing to compromise my principles by saying "XXX broke the law, but they did some other good stuff, so breaking the law doesn't matter".

Also just going to pre-emptively throw this out there: anyone who says "I'm not a Trump supporter, but isn't Trump just the best and aren't his opponents the worst?" is never believed.
    I completely agree, no politician, especially a president should be above the law. I am just stating what I've personally seen in the wakes of a powerful China. Here in BC there are literal blocks of empty homes owned by foreign investors. It quite honestly feels like a proxy invasion at this point. I just hope that America elects a president that is not in the best interest of the CPP and takes a strong stance against the human rights laws being blatantly broken. Americas companies need to be made aware that it's not okay to throw ethics out the window for short term gains. I also hope that America elects a president that fairly taxes the rich (currently way too little taxes are being paid) and that you adapt amenities that I take for granted every day as a Canadian.
    Last edited by Tom007p; 2019-10-13 at 11:43 AM.

To be fair, I am quite ill informed when it comes to Trump; but from the little I've seen he seems to have crippled the Chinese economy to quite a sizable degree, which I can only see as being a positive. I'm not calling you a liar or anything but I'm sure you can understand my skepticism on your claim as this is the internet and it seems like most people just go out of their way to make there POV seem correct without any outstanding evidence backing it. All I know is you can't trust publicly traded companies to do the right thing when there is $$$ involved.

- - - Updated - - -

I completely agree, no politician, especially a president should be above the law. I am just stating what I've personally seen in the wakes of a powerful China. Here in BC there are literal blocks of empty homes owned by foreign investors. It quite honestly feels like a proxy invasion at this point. I just hope that America elects a president that is not in the best interest of the CPP and takes a strong stance against the human rights laws being blatantly broken. Americas companies need to be made aware that it's not okay to throw ethics out the window for short term gains.
    How has he crippled their economy?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I am quite ill informed when it comes to Trump; but from the little I've seen
    Wow. Who could have called it I'm sooooooooo sur moving on.

Bannon, as in Breitbart, is now saying it's time for Trump to cut Giuliani off.

Rudy Giuliani, whom we all admire, and many of us love, looks like he may have gotten over his skis on some of this situation in Ukraine. I think the president’s going to have to rethink his legal team.

Right now the numbers are going the wrong way. And Nancy Pelosi is trying to drive this home.… and she will use the mainstream media as her weapon to overturn the election of Donald Trump
    I don't know if Bannon believes that second line. I think it's more likely Bannon is phrasing it that way, so that Trump believes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time he even brings up the trade tariffs the market drops quite substantially, its clear that if the tariff were to be properly enacted the Chinese economy would enter a free fall, its already being held up by threads pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Headline is enough:

Lutsenko is unnamed Ukrainian who led plot to oust Yovanovitch, says official

But I'll add more anyhow.

Lutsenko's name had surfaced in the impeachment inquiry against President Trump even before the indictment against Fruman and Parnas was unsealed. In his July call with Ukrainian President Zelenskiy, Trump praised an unnamed prosecutor and lamented that he was "shut down," an apparent reference to Lutsenko.

"I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair," Trump said in the call. "A lot of people are talking about that."

Lutsenko told NBC News last month that he's known Giuliani for "many years" and met with him while vacationing in New York.

Lutsenko said he counted Giuliani as a friend and has spoken to him "maybe 10 times."

Lutsenko said they discussed former Vice President Biden and his son, Hunter, and talked "about our system, about some of our law enforcement divisions and possibilities to cooperate."
    Bolded for "I've been saying it was Shokin". I guess I called that one wrong.

"So the Ukrainian President is going to have to fire him, huh?"

Actually, he resigned in disgrace in August. Also, Giuliani was full of praise for the guy up till the literal second Lutsenko said Biden didn't do anything wrong, then all of a sudden it was Biden's guy.

Every time he even brings up the trade tariffs the market drops quite substantially, its clear that if the tariff were to be properly enacted the Chinese economy would enter a free fall, its already being held up by threads pretty much.
    You seem to be making some strong assertions, do you have evidence to back them up?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.focus-economics.com/countries/china it is very clear that their economy is slowing down, usually when markets tend to slow down that is a sign of an incoming bearish market.

https://www.focus-economics.com/countries/china it is very clear that their economy is slowing down, usually when markets tend to slow down that is a sign of an incoming bearish market.
    Yeah, that's hardly crippled...

Meanwhile, the United States is pushing billions and billions in welfare to try and cover it. According to your own site, they will grow at 6.2%, with 6.0% next year. Meanwhile, it calls for the United States to be at 2.3% and 1.6% respectively.

If China's economy is being "crippled," then you'd have to argue that Trump is absolutely destroying the Unites States' economy.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'm literally laughing on the floor right now........

- - - Updated - - -

tariffs cost the consumer. Not the supplier.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you know how Trey Gowdy was going to join Trumps legal team to fight impeachment? And then it got pushed back to January due to lobbying bans?

Apparently it's not happening at all now. So I guess Gowdy got himself fired from Fox for nothing.

Here is a non-paywalled summary.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    So I guess Gowdy got himself fired from Fox for nothing.
    So remember when Trump said

First, I'm going to reinstitute a five-year ban on all executive branch officials lobbying the government for five years after they leave government. I'm going to ask Congress to pass this ban into law so that it cannot be lifted by executive order, right. Second, I'm going to ask Congress to institute its own five-year ban on lobbying by former members of Congress and their staffs.
    and then nothing happened and Congress said "we basically already do that" and then he gave up?

Yeah...Gowdy's a former Congressman, and Trump's asking him to lobby. Sorry. I don't make the rules. But I do laugh hysterically when the rules apply to someone who tried to take credit for making the rules in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Fiona Hill is currently testifying on the last day before Congress returns from recess. Her lawyer confirmed she was subpoenaed to appear at 10AM and she showed up to tell her story.
    For those of you who want to bypass the paywall. Granted, @Vegas82 quoted the important part:

"she is prepared to testify that she and other officials objected strenuously to the removal of the ambassador to Ukraine, only to be disregarded"

Those Republicans still backing Trump are starting to regret saying "we need to see the facts first".

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you see that Matt Gaetz tried to force his way into a closed meeting of a committee he isn’t part of?
    Yes, he wants to play the "the Democrats aren't interested in THE TRUTH!" card. These people are desperate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you see that Matt Gaetz tried to force his way into a closed meeting of a committee he isn’t part of? These people are desperate.
    I would have liked to see the Capitol Police taze him for attempted trespassing, but oh well...

10+ Year Old Account
    He did cry to the House Parliamentarian who told him he had no right to be in the closed door session.
    The GOP has done nothing but cry and whine for the pas decade, so excuse me to find another one whining his little heart out to be just another Monday.

Now, 50 000 volts going through an idiot, now that'd be fun.