Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Yeah, and it's only because it was a cause most people can agree with. .
    not all opinions are equal.

comparing wanting freedom in a peaceful way for your country that's being opressed by an authoritarian way to cutting off people's heads and blowing up villages killing innocents is kinda disingenious dont you think?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Did MMO-C ask me to take down my political sig? No? Then stfu and understand that you have no point no matter how many times you want to repeat the same dead lines. Having a sig on a gaming site isn't the same as hijacking a tournament championship to say "Impeach the MF"

I don't like blueberry pie, I guess that means with your logic I hate all blueberries and nobody can have any lol
    Again, your point is not that you think there should be places without politics, it's just licking the boot of authority, deferring to rules. It's comfortable, I suppose.

After all, some people might want to come here to talk about video games and don't want some political message thrown in their faces when they are discussing the newest raid.

Well, Blitzchung achieved at least something. And I think he was well aware of the sacrifice and was willing to make it.

Regarding video game companies' dependency on China, he pretty much put the finger in the wound. So he has that going for him, too.
    He not only promoted the HK issue, but also raised awareness regarding the western apathy towards the HK issue. That's another point for him.

Sometimes, playing by the "rules" gets you nowhere. Because the "rules" were made by those in power to behave to their advantage and convenience.

'How dare those black athlete's raise their fist at the Olympics when they've been placed on the medal platform. I want my sports free of politics, thanks.'
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    yes, its literally political. there are no "human rights". thats all politics and governments.
    I find it amusing how many people fail to understand this. There are no official universal human rights so continuing to bring that up is pointless. Each nation gets to determine what those rights are.

God forbid video game companies ask for an environment free from politics so we can all enjoy the thing or event we came to enjoy.
    Funny how the same companies have absolutely no issues with LGBT and SJW politics, but when the politics offend China, it's suddenly a problem.

It's the hypocrisy that we have a problem with.

My point has always been to not hijack a platform that doesn't belong to you. I bet you wouldn't appreciate me hacking your facebook page to put propaganda that I thought was important to be shown to people right? I have no clue why that simple statement continues to elude you. And if you don't like my sig that I have here you are free to ignore me and enjoy your safe space.
    No, nothing eludes me.
    It's just funny to me that you're still backtracking, still trying to find shaky excuses and scrambling for false equivalences in order to avoid being rightfully labeled a massive hypocrite.

At this point, I'm just enjoying myself. Mind you, you already conceded a few posts ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I find it amusing how many people fail to understand this. There are no official universal human rights so continuing to bring that up is pointless. Each nation gets to determine what those rights are.
    That sure.. is a take.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Yes, and those countries can do whatever the fuck they want in THEIR country.
    When I get told about what I can say and do by a foreign country through a proxy that is blackmailed by that country to enforce its values on me, I have a big issue with it.

Also these Western companies talk about progressiveness and inclusivity, and calling me a white supremacist for disagreeing with their shit, BUT at the same time they do business with parties for whom these notions are not only jokes but are out right offensive.

That is some fucking epic hypocrisy right there, and quite insulting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Prepare to feel the wrath of tweeter mob. Let the power of people saying mean things about you on the internet bend you into submision.
    Much better to let the power of Chinese money bend you into submission.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    guy speaks up for hong kong on his own stream/blog whatever

couple thousand sees/reacts

guy speaks up for hong kong on a tournament, tens of millions are in uproar and it gets a massive effect on social media.

yeah I wonder which is more effective
    So, how effective was it ? I mean, imagine Blizzard didn't do anything, so outrage against the company aside - what those 'millions' that saw it done since then to in any way help the situation in Hong Kong ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Wait, is that a Heel vs BabyFace video? The same Heel v Babyface who keeps moaning in his videos that politics should never be forced into gaming//moves/TV, and here he is advocating for it....

Yea... if we post a videos on this site can we have a more reliable opinion than people like HeelvBabyface and The Quartering. Two of the biggest hypocrites when it comes to gaming. The Quartering literally made a website that is a 'no politics zone' and just gaming. Yet he also took shots at Blizzard for daring censor a poltical speech. You'd think these channels would be for Blizzard idea to ban Blitzchung

HeelvBabyface and The Quartering don't care about China, they just enjoy having shots at companies they feel are 'woke'. Because both of them are right wing racists and sexists. I am surprised MMO-Champion continues to let these video be linked here.
    Find me someone who is more realiable in topics like that, and for your ammusement i will change first post. Deal?

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    LoLHK: "League of Liberate Hong Kong"

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honestly, when I log into a game, I log in to avoid world politics..
    But what when the games you play are already affected by politics and you don't even know about?

The chinese market pretty much dictates what part of your game gets censored, it dictates in which kind of games will be invested first and foremost (do you not have phones??).

Honestly, this is the real reason why people jump on this. The human rights aspect is just a bonus, a welcome trigger. Even if you don't care about HK one bit, you should be at least aware how that new and steadily growing market will affect YOUR hobby now and in the future.

a company doesn't want its platform used for political grandstanding.. color me shocked. You realize if they allowed one view they kinda have to allow others, right?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

God forbid video game companies ask for an environment free from politics so we can all enjoy the thing or event we came to enjoy.
    Suppressing human rights isn't politics. Hate the lack of balls and complacency in the west. Fucking cowardly.

Not surprised.

Tencent takes full control of League of Legends creator Riot Games

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    a company doesn't want its platform used for political grandstanding.. color me shocked. You realize if they allowed one view they kinda have to allow others, right?
    No they don't. A private corporation in USA is not bound by any kind of freedom of speech laws.
    Last edited by Mumba; 2019-10-13 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    This isn't politics, this is china literally squashing human rights. Stop playing into the Chairmans plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Suppressing human rights isn't politics. Hate the lack of balls and complacency in the west. Fucking cowardly.
    The West can't fight any fight for humankind unless it's limp-wristedly crying about how bad the American president is all day long on Twitter because one can do that without repercussion. (i.e. loss of Chinese money, censorship, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    only children really think otherwise. riot is absolutely in the right.
    Or adults with a full grasp of the situation at hand and the future implications of letting China walk all over freedoms for corporate profits. You should absolutely be ashamed of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    "How dare those countries boycott the olympics being held in the Soviet Union! I want my sports free of politics!!!"
    How dare these hockey players grow mustaches in November to raise awareness for men's prostate cancer, I want my sports free of social activism.