Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Also for the peeps in here, you have to think about the Diablo necromancer, they can be ranged and melee at the same time.
    They can go two routes for armor: Mail or Cloth with a armor self-buff.

It would essentially be like the hunter, one melee spec and one ranged spec separated, plus it could probably somehow have healing capabilities as a third spec too. The Diablo 3 Necromancer is a perfect fit for WoW because of how much variety it has, it could have class-exclusive Scythes as well.
    D3 Necromancer =/= Warcraft Necromancer

Might as well argue they should give DH a double crossbow spec.

5+ Year Old Account
    Also for the peeps in here, you have to think about the Diablo necromancer, they can be ranged and melee at the same time.

It would essentially be like the hunter, one melee spec and one ranged spec separated, plus it could probably somehow have healing capabilities as a third spec too. The Diablo 3 Necromancer is a perfect fit for WoW because of how much variety it has, it could have class-exclusive Scythes as well.
    So they can become a warlock or a DK? Got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by uzira View Post
    So they can become a warlock or a DK? Got it.
    That argument doesn't work and just falls flat. They've reworked warlock before to make space for Demon Hunter, if they saw fit, they would do so again with any other class as well.

Demons and Undeads are the exact opposite of one another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    D3 Necromancer =/= Warcraft Necromancer

Might as well argue they should give DH a double crossbow spec.
    DH should get a third spec in the form of a ranged spec or a 2h spec imo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uzira View Post
    WHY ARE PEOPLE EVEN THINKING OF GETTING A NECROMANCER CLAS????

Literally the warlock AND the DK class do everything a necromancer does..
    Ah yes, just like demon hunters were everything warlocks and rogues do.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except Blizzard put the Necromancer concept into the DK class. How can they be "totally different concepts"? The WC3 Necromancer's abilities are housed in the Death Knight class.
    exactly and thats why we dont need nor get a necromancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    demon hunters, and this is end of this argument
    Demon Hunters required an existing class to get their spec nerfed and overhauled just to make enough design space for a 2spec class. You're willing to do that to multiple specs in order to shoehorn in a class that already exists in the class lineup?

Guys... come on...

We could have so many interesting Class concepts.

Tinker, Dragonsworn, Bard, hell, even Dark Ranger or something completly new.

And what some of you want is yet another version of a DK?

We need more CLASS uniqueness, we need specs to feel like youre actually playing that Class.

Adding a Necro would hurt that instead of help it.

As much as I love Necros like Grim Dawn or D2 and D3, it just wouldnt be a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

See, the main issue I see is that they would have to cannibalize Warlocks even more, who got cannibalized already to make space for DHs

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    One thing im banking on them doing in 9.0 is keeping allied races but I think they will make them neutral races going forwards, my thesis is that in 9.0 we will get allied races that both factions can play as, but 8.3.5 will be the last patch in which the factions get faction specific allied races being light forged undead for alliance or horde with the possiblity of it being the first allied race both factions might recieve.
    No allied races will always be faction specific as they where never really happy how pandas turned out....

Regardless, going forward, I suspect there will be "Less" allied races in 9.0 to 9.3 but there will still be quite a few
    I suspect there will be more because more content is always better then less.

My thesis on these races and which ones players will get are: Vrykul, Ethereals, Mogu, Naga, Dragonkin
    And I doubt we get any of these.

I do still think WoW 2 is on the table and probably in development at this point as they are more than aware the "Magic" of WoW has faded meaning they need something completley -new- to revitalise the franchise
    have you ever learn of something as simple called math? lets say wow would be down to 500k players that would be 500.000 * 13 = 6.500.000 bucks a month from wow alone! (thats is also 78.000.000 bucks a year!) thats not counting the money they make from the shop and people buying tokens with bucks. there is ZERO need for a wow2 as each xpac revitalises the game. (apart from the fact that no one that invested 15 years into wow would just throw that away to start wow 2 thats why wow 2 is NEVER going to happen)

12.0 The game will go into maintinence mode and essentially be finished.
    ROFL, yeah no you dont abonden something that makes you 78+ mil bucks a year. I get it you dont like wow.

What about classic? Classic will either be a success or a failure, but my predictions is its likley to be bitter-sweet, and more likely fail than succeed. While its done immensely better than predicted the fact remains that by phase 6 the game will be "completed" and then blizzard willl have to decide between making TBC servers or classic +.
    there will never be a Classic+, or WoW2 or Tauren Rogues.

I agree with mad seasons youtube video on this, and that if the game is failing, they'll work on classic + to make it more appealing again while if it does well they'll make up to WOTLK over several phases.
    that random youtuber of your is wrong.

And 12.0 I think will have no new content largely and focus on being more of a story epilogue.
    I consider this the joke of the day

I could see this happening.

Same for Dark Ranger with Leather/Mail
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

What are you talking about? The point is divergent themes on the same armor type. Paladins, death knights and warriors all use the same plated knight look.

If you put a Warrior in this, you have a warrior in edgy armor.
    If you put a DK in this, you have a regular DK.
    If you put a Paladin in this, you have a fallen-looking Paladin.

If you put a Tinker in this, it looks like a fucking mess.

Because Tinkers have a very specific mechanical aesthetic that is completely counter to the aesthetic 95% of mail armor in the game uses, which is natural and primitive looking. Yes, you introduce a limit, because sets like this no longer work. You can't release a primary mail set that is just diametrically opposed to one of your three mail classes--so instead you start designing all mail sets to be more general mail armor. Because general scale/chain mail is what doesn't look ridiculous on a Tinker. Instead of getting shaman-looking sets that look good/okay on a hunter, and hunter-looking sets that look good/okay on a shaman, you get hunter-looking sets that look okay on shaman and Tinker, and nothing else.

That doesn't mean Tinkers somehow don't work. It just means exactly what I said: they don't solve the issue of there being 2 classes that use mail. At all. They only make it even more complicated.
    Whether or not you like how they look in a set is quite literally your opinion. Personally I'd think they'd look just fine, especially in the second mail armor set. Or are you saying that it makes as much sense for a hunter to look like the first mail armor set? I feel like you're just arbitrarily putting your own personal tastes in and saying "I don't like how they'd look in this and therefor it can't work."

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It sure won't make them more creative. Given we get like 4 sets total now per expansion.
    Well yeah, but it wouldn't hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just really hope they go back to tier sets, they don't even have to have set bonuses or anything like that, I just miss having each class have a unique and distinctive set each tier. I think the coolest way to add back tier sets would be to add some unique effects on the tier pieces kind of similar to how 8.2 did with benthic gear. This would make it so that during the tier you could mix and match pieces of gear that are both tier and non tier pieces without feeling like you're at a complete disadvantage. Nonetheless I really want them to fix the worgen, they seem to not be able to blink anymore and its kind of creepy looking
    Last edited by Tom007p; 2019-10-13 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    See, the main issue I see is that they would have to cannibalize Warlocks even more, who got cannibalized already to make space for DHs
    They wouldn't, at all. You can very easily add in a necromancer without touching or altering warlock or DK even slightly. Warlock was changed for DH because they had given DH's showiest, iconic ability to warlocks and moved substantially away from demonology's entire original gimmick of buffing summons.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Whether or not you like how they look in a set is quite literally your opinion. Personally I'd think they'd look just fine, especially in the second mail armor set. Or are you saying that it makes as much sense for a hunter to look like the first mail armor set?
    Yes. It makes significantly more sense for a hunter to be in that first set than a tinker.

I feel like you're just arbitrarily putting your own personal tastes in and saying "I don't like how they'd look in this and therefor it can't work."
    Then you should probably work on your basic reading comprehension. Since I literally said the words:

That doesn't mean Tinkers somehow don't work. It just means exactly what I said: they don't solve the issue of there being 2 classes that use mail. At all. They only make it even more complicated.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2019-10-13 at 12:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom007p View Post
    I just really hope they go back to tier sets, they don't even have to have set bonuses or anything like that, I just miss having each class have a unique and distinctive set each tier. I think the coolest way to add back tier sets would be to add some unique effects on the tier pieces kind of similar to how 8.2 did with benthic gear. This would make it so that during the tier you could mix and match pieces of gear that are both tier and non tier pieces without feeling like you're at a complete disadvantage. Nonetheless I really want them to fix the worgen, they seem to not be able to blink anymore and its kind of creepy looking
    I agree, set bonuses can be a thing of the past, but I would like armors that have unique looks for each class.

They wouldn't, at all. You can very easily add in a necromancer without touching or altering warlock or DK even slightly. Warlock was changed for DH because they had given DH's showiest, iconic ability to warlocks and moved substantially away from demonology's entire original gimmick of buffing summons.

Yes. It makes significantly more sense for a hunter to be in that first set than a tinker.

Then you should probably work on your basic reading comprehension. Since I literally said the words:
    Why does it make it more complicated? The whole thing is that it's just an armor set. If you think a hunter has no issue with wearing the tons of mail robes out there, but somehow that's an issue for a tinker, then there's really nothing to say because you're just making up non-issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007p View Post
    I honestly don’t believe tier sets will be coming back, since this way there are many other gearing paths than before which is nice for everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Why does it make it more complicated?
    Seriously, do you even read posts?

Armor sets that are not tier/class sets are designed with all their wearers in mind. They are designed to try and look decent on all those wearers. Hunter and Shaman share a look. Tinker has a completely different look that is directly at odds with that shared look. So all mail sets designed for Shaman, Hunter, and Tinker have to be designed to fit with two opposing visual themes, i.e. designing that armor type becomes more complicated.

The whole thing is that it's just an armor set. If you think a hunter has no issue with wearing the tons of mail robes out there, but somehow that's an issue for a tinker, then there's really nothing to say because you're just making up non-issues.
    No I think there's an issue with tinkers wearing robes, and every set that has fur sticking out of it, or is made of animal scales, or is made up of rocks, or is tribal, or looks like stitched together hides, or is troll themed, or dragon themed, or element themed, or wolf themed, etc. etc. Hunters look odd in robes. Tinkers look extremely out of place in most mail pieces in general.

Because as has already been said repeatedly but is somehow beyond your grasp: Tinker has a very specific, unique visual theme that is very at odds with hunter and shaman aesthetics. Which is fine, but it means it sure as shit doesn't do anything to help mail armor's productivity as a design element.

Armor sets that are not tier/class sets are designed with all their wearers in mind. They are designed to try and look decent on all those wearers. Hunter and Shaman share a look. Tinker has a completely different look that is directly at odds with that shared look. So all mail sets designed for Shaman, Hunter, and Tinker have to be designed to fit with two opposing visual themes, i.e. designing that armor type becomes more complicated.

No I think there's an issue with tinkers wearing robes, and every set that has fur sticking out of it, or is made of animal scales, or is made up of rocks, or is tribal, or looks like stitched together hides, or is troll themed, or dragon themed, or element themed, or wolf themed, etc. etc. Hunters look odd in robes. Tinkers look extremely out of place in most mail pieces in general.

Because as has already been said repeatedly but is somehow beyond your grasp: Tinker has a very specific, unique visual theme that is very at odds with hunter and shaman aesthetics. Which is fine, but it means it sure as shit doesn't do anything to help mail armor's productivity as a design element.
    Hunters and Shamans hardly share a look. And the non-tier sets you're talking about still would fit fine on tinker. Honestly, Tinker and Hunter could potentially fit together better than Hunter and Shaman since one is ritualistic about the elements and the other is more about scouting.

Druids sets almost never mesh with any of the other leather wearers, even monk. DH doesn't work with monk or druid either. This is such a subjective thing and is kind of a silly reason why they wouldn't make tinkers mail. They weren't designing sets in wrath - wod thinking "Hmm, but will these work for Demon Hunters when we inevitably add them?".

5+ Year Old Account
    This is sad. Two years ago we were thousands of pages ahead, happily debating wether we will get Ghost Pirates or Zandalar. Now we are debating class design.

Where is the hype? And don't give me that bullshit about the patch thread.