Page 56 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Chinese employees of western company factories? Basically, if they take their lives, their family gets nothing.
    Is suicide of Chinese employees in western company factories in China a huge issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Is suicide of Chinese employees in western company factories in China a huge issue?
    Used to be until this contract. Now they can't for if they do, the family gets nothing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Used to be until this contract. Now they can't for if they do, the family gets nothing.
    Almost as if slave labor in China is bloody awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost as if slave labor in China is bloody awful.
    Of course it is. I'm just pointing out that Blizzard banning a player, then returning his winnings over something like this is NOTHING compared to what is going on in the many other companies seated in the Chinese workforce and Hong Kong workforce for that matter.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    our relationships in China had no influence on our decision.
    Ya, this is upsetting. Don't lie. Don't pretend people are gullible and ignorant. Don't pretend your customers are 5 year olds. At least stand up with something as we need a neutral stance...

15+ Year Old Account
    That's cuz Blizzard came out as the biggest massive hypocrite in the room.
    You were happily playing and discussing Blizzard games prior to this event. They are not the biggest hypocrite in the room by far.

- - - Updated - - -

And how many companies have engraved what they stand for in front of their entrance (like Every Voice Matters), or push social moralities inside their products (as in inside the games as well as non-gaming based products)?
    And? They still ban people from the forums. They still ban people from their games. They still remove trespassers from their HQ. You also had no problem with the social moralities inside their products prior to this event as you still played them.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You were happily playing and discussing Blizzard games prior to this event. They are not the biggest hypocrite in the room by far.
    So, who are the biggest hypocrites delivering this industry? EA?

You said it yourself - "PRIOR to this event" to him/her, so at least he or she is not one of them.
    Last edited by Matiketope; 2019-10-13 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would he not continue regardless? Why would you think everyone wants to boycott?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matiketope View Post
    So, who are the biggest hypocrites delivering this industry? EA? You said it yourself - "PRIOR to this event" to him/her, so at least he or she is not one of them.
    But this event changed nothing about Blizzards behavior though. They didn't suddenly start working with China. They have already modified their game and business practices for the Chinese market. Activision specifically is doing what they can to get CoD Mobile approved in China. They didn't even create a rule on the spot but enforced a rule that practically no one had an issue with prior to last week.

As for who is the biggest hypocrites in the industry. No one. Companies are companies out to make money and say and do what they can to keep making it. It is why marketing exists. Literally an industry whose sole purpose is to make something sound awesome and drive sales/recognition/something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Why would he not continue regardless? Why would you think everyone wants to boycott?
    He has spent the last week posting video and video of bashing Blizzard. They are clearly in the "boycott" camp. Calling Blizzard terrible, supporting rage against them, etc while continue to play and make use of their products is hypocritical. It is fake outrage. You don't believe it enough to act on it but will shout it from the roof tops expecting others to listen.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the local Links posting warrior seems to be busy...or forgot to add those since it does not suit some sort of personal agenda and narrative..../shrug

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sr1jn4
    Thank you for your attention in the past one week, this is a personal statement and my view on Blizzard's latest decision. First of all, I'm grateful for Blizzard reconsidering their position about my ban. Earlier this week, I told media that I knew I might have penalty or consequence for my act, because I understand that my act could take the conversation away from the purpose of the event. In the future, I will be more careful on that and express my opinions or show my support to Hong Kong on my personal platforms.

Many people has been asking me if I accept the latest decision of Blizzard, I will discuss that on two parts. Tournament prizing and suspension. For tournament prizing, I quoted what Blizzard said on the official website, they mention that I played fair in the tournament and they believe I should receive my prizing. This is the part I really appreciate, Blizzard also said they understand for some this is not about the prize, but perhaps for others it is disrespectful to even discuss it. People
    from Blizzard had explained this to me through a phone call and I really appreciate that and I accept their decision on this part.

For second part about the suspension, Blizzard had changed their suspension on me from a year to six months. Once again, I appreciate for their reconsideration on this. To be honest, I think six
    months is still quite a lot to me. But I also being told that I can continue to compete in the hearthstone pro circuit which they mean the grandmaster tournament. I appreciate for this decision
    they made because grandmaster is currently the highest level tournament in competitive
    hearthstone. However, I wish Blizzard can reconsider about their penalty on the two casters involved.

Lastly, many people wants to know if i would be competing in hearthstone in the future. Honestly, I have no idea on that yet. Since my next tournament is very likely to be the grandmaster tournament of next season, it's probably at least a few months from now on. I will take this time to relax myself to decide if I am staying in competitive hearthstone scene or not.

Hearthstone changed my the way I live, I really love this community. Blessing to all the players out there, and blessing to Blizzard.
    And...

https://www.pcgamer.com/suspended-he...rds-statement/

Blitzchung has also been answering questions on his Twitch channel. On the Hearthstone subreddit, a commenter translated some of his replies, including this response to the question of how he felt about suggestions of boycotts or protests at Blizzcon: "We can enjoy the game all we want. I mean even if you don't do it it's totally fine, for some people it's their livelihood. Also I was definitely not trying to damage Blizzard by my actions. Also I really want to say one thing. I'm seeing a lot of people pushing streamers, players, casters, Blizzard employees etc to make a statement (regarding me). I want to make it clear that whether you play Blizzard games or not and whether you make a statement or not are completely your personal freedom. I don't think we should push people into anything. I also hope those who stayed neutral or silent won't be targeted by the crowd. Not that I don't appreciate your support but it's their freedom. I am against this "pushing others to speak up" thing. Even if one disagrees with you we have to respect each other. This is the fundamantal line of democracy."
    The first, last and only warning to get from me...Mock me once I will Backstab you...Mock me twice I will Mutilate thee....Mock me thrice I will go ******* killing spree on you......Have Fun.

As someone who is not happy with blizzard shilling for China, I’m going to be pissed if protesters inconvenience me at BlizzCon.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2019-10-13 at 03:55 PM.

Omg people can't understand we don't want politics in games? Blizzard did the right thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has spent the last week posting video and video of bashing Blizzard. They are clearly in the "boycott" camp. Calling Blizzard terrible, supporting rage against them, etc while continue to play and make use of their products is hypocritical. It is fake outrage. You don't believe it enough to act on it but will shout it from the roof tops expecting others to listen.
    Bashing blizzard is boycotting?

15+ Year Old Account
    Bashing blizzard is boycotting?
    So a week full of posting videos and bashing Blizzard is meaningless. Gotcha. Thanks for proving the point about those types of people being hypocrites.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a week full of posting videos and bashing Blizzard is meaningless. Gotcha. Thanks for proving the point about those types of people being hypocrites.
    Sorry.. what? I think your .exe stopped working. Bashing has nothing to do with boycotting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, this is upsetting. Don't lie. Don't pretend people are gullible and ignorant. Don't pretend your customers are 5 year olds. At least stand up with something as we need a neutral stance...
    But this is where I'm confused, for there was a segment in the contract that was the reasoning for the ban. I just think its been used too harshly, as it says to not put Blizzard in a bad standing - that is where Netease goes nuts and the rest is like.. The fuck?

As much as citizens criticizing their governments are hypocrites if they stick around instead of running to another nation.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Omg people can't understand we don't want politics in games? Blizzard did the right thing.
    Taking action? Yes. Was the action too extreme? Yes. Their statements questionable? Yes. At the very least, they lessened the penalty.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Someone doesn’t understand the history of games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry.. what? I think your .exe stopped working. Bashing has nothing to do with boycotting.
    So calling them evil, and super bad, and anything else derogatory is meaningless. Because it isn't going to lead to anything at all. Gotcha. The poster in question has been embedding numerous boycott videos. So propagating an idea is not support of that idea. Okay.

Doesn't that make them a hypocrite? Saying Blizzard should have made a stand when they won't themselves? Calling for people to boycott them and sharing numerous videos calling for the same when they are just going to ignore the issue in a week or two and keep merrily playing. Yep. You've yet to post anything to refute my statement.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-10-13 at 06:04 PM.