Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mech Gnomes, can you unlock them as Horde?

Anyone know if you can unlock them if you have the reputation Exalted on a Horde character but just a 120 on Alliance?

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Mech Gnomes only for Alliance, same with Vulpera only for Horde
    So to unlock gnomes you need to be alliance
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if the faction merge really happens? Until then, you'd be better off maintaining a character of both factions for this sorta stuff.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    First replies don't even get question from OP.

It's same reputation, so it really should be possible. I think game just track this by achievements. At least it worked with Legion races if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

It's same reputation, so it really should be possible. I think game just track this by achievements. At least it worked with Legion races if I remember correctly.
    That's correct, I had all the Legion reputations maxed on Horde only but I was able to unlock the Alliance races on my 110 Alliance alt with no reputation.

I think they will work just like Legion allied races. So you can't unlock them as a horde but you can do the requirements on horde so then on your alliance toon you just recruit them.

OP, I'm hoping the same thing. What I can tell you though is if you completed the questlines for the 3 zones as Horde, you at least won't need to redo that on an Alliance toon for Kul Tirans. You just need to get exalted and do their 8.0 finale questline (as I've been working on this and DI Dwarves the last week).

Assuming Blizzard is the least bit competent, they'll make Mechagnomes work like Legion races and you should be able to unlock them on an Alliance toon w/ Horde exalted rep. Just be sure your Alliance toon completed the intro questline for Mechagon.

Edit: Was going to check the embassy on PTR, but there's no one here.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2019-10-13 at 12:08 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Anyone know if you can unlock them if you have the reputation Exalted on a Horde character but just a 120 on Alliance?
    If you have the exalted achievement and the questline done, you should be eligible to unlock them. But you would need a 120 alliance character to do the questline.

I was able to unlock Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren with a freshly 120 DH back in Legion, who didn't get any achievement in Legion beyond dungeons and hitting 120. I already had all the stuff done on my gnome hunter, who is (obviously) alliance.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    OP, I'm hoping the same thing. What I can tell you though is if you completed the questlines for the 3 zones as Horde, you at least won't need to redo that on an Alliance toon for Kul Tirans. You just need to get exalted and do their 8.0 finale questline (as I've been working on this and DI Dwarves the last week).

Assuming Blizzard is the least bit competent, they'll make Mechagnomes work like Legion races and you should be able to unlock them on an Alliance toon w/ Horde exalted rep. Just be sure your Alliance toon completed the intro questline for Mechagon.

Edit: Was going to check the embassy on PTR, but there's no one here.
    But this worked on different servers too? I have alliance in one serve and horde in other server

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    That's correct, I had all the Legion reputations maxed on Horde only but I was able to unlock the Alliance races on my 110 Alliance alt with no reputation.
    Same for me but the other way around. I had all the reps maxed out on my Alliance toon and was able to unlock it on my Horde alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe next xpac, when factions are cosying it up

15+ Year Old Account
    If the requirement is to get a neutral reputation to exalted, then it should also definitely be account wide unlock requirement.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

if its as with previous allied races, you can have the reputation and other achievments (if doable) on horde characters, BUT you will need max lvl alliance character for q line

10+ Year Old Account
    You wont need to farm the reputation but your alliance char still has todo the mechagon story.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

As others have said, this is how it worked for the Legion Allied Races. For example, I mostly play Horde but I dabble with the Alliance. I had Argussian Reach and The Army of the Light at Exalted on my Horde character, but not on my Alliance character. However, once my Alliance character hit max level, I was able to do the questlines to unlock both the Void Elves and the Lightforged Draenei because the Achievements for getting Exalted for those factions had been unlocked account-wide.

The only Allied races that can't be unlocked this way are the races with faction-exclusive reps (Right now, that's just Kul Tiran and Zandalari). For example, I had to get the Proudmore Admiralty to Exalted on my Alliance character to unlock Kul Tirans even though I had every faction at Exalted on my Horde character. The Vulpera will likely be the same way as the Voldunai are a Horde-exclusive faction.

BUT, the Mechagnomes requirements can be unlocked on a Horde character. While I haven't quite hit Exalted with the Rustbolt Resistance to check (I'm at about 16k/21k so I'll check as soon as I finish it up), I did check to see if the Mechagon storyline Achievement is unlocked on my max-level Alliance character after completing it on my Horde character, and it was. I assume the Rustbolt Resistance achievement will work the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You wont need to farm the reputation but your alliance char still has todo the mechagon story.
    Are you sure about that? The Achievement is unlocked account-wide, as I checked on this. From what I can tell, your Alliance character will just have to be max-level, and then they can do Mechagon Allied Race quest to unlock them.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2019-10-13 at 01:11 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    The reputation I believe yes, but the scenario must be done by Alliance.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Its not called horde favouritism for nothing you know.

The mechagnome faction will be Rustbolt, which is available to both. The vulpera faction, Voldunai, isn't. So Hordies can have an alliance alt who doesn't have the rep unlock mechagnomes, but alliance cannot do the same with Voldunai.

At least if they go by the pattern we've had so far. A bit unfair, but consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

yes, exalted on horde character unlocks mechagnomes for alliance, just as it was with 1st batch of allied races that shared reputation between factions

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

Yeah going with this.