Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    A world revamp is not the same as a soft reset.
    Todo the latter and not barf out another catalysm they need to overhaul the whole game and it systems and also draw a line into to forfit old stuff.
    Literarly nothing is gained in blizzard perspective to invest huge ammounts in a revamp and the whole shit is broken again 1-2 xpacs later like cata
    Problem with Cata was limited resources - Blizz had to focus both on remaking old world and making new zones and raids - that's why they failed in both. No chance they will make this mistake again, and what's the point? If you want some good leveling experience you can go to Classic - wow was always about pvp/raiding. Next xpac will be just another island/world - maybe Void Lords domain. I don't say it's smth bad - it's just another xpac, no worse and no better that others. Another grind - maybe a trinket with levels? Don't wait for a miracle, Blizzard could do it, Activision - can't.

I think a world revamp is pretty likely, if not for 9.0 then for 10.0. Between WoD, Legion and BfA, Blizzard has done a great job of updating all of the old races' architecture and giving them crisp new models and nice textures.

If and when they do revamp the old world, I would very much like the zones to NOT be tied down to a specific meta event, the way all of the old world zones were tied in with the Cataclysm. I want the zones to feel like real places where people live, not disaster zones.

I would also like to see the newer races and allied races actually be given places of their own in the world. Like the Mag'har Orcs should not just have some random tower in Orgrimmar. Give them a home in another zone, like Desolace or Ferlas or something. Let them actually feel like they are putting down roots in Azeroth and becoming part of the global community. Give the pandas a large town in some zone, they really deserve it more than anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    This, if we even have to get another revamp at all. I prefer entirely new zones. No more revamps.
    I agree, but I'd also like to see slow story progression of older zones playing out over patches and the years, or better yet, rebuild the world so that the entire continents are actual current content and not something you just do for alt leveling. Phase the zones for alts if you need to, but utilize the assets and resources (including lore/worldbuilding) you already have.

For instance, I always wondered what would happen if that Speed Barge in Thousand Needles evolved into a giant megacity built into the canyon wall that was breached that was owned by both Goblins and Gnomes, built a giant door on the gap and make it a major trading port to rival Gadgetzan, make a story about it as questing content.

Or the events that lead to dungeons eventually being reclaimed as cities or questing zones. Stratholme and Dire Maul come to mind for such things. Timewalk/Phasing would allow you to continue to access previous iterations of zones, but open new questing experiences for higher level ranges.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Titan Azeroth be like....

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    There are tons of bugs in the old world that never get fixed (just encountered by me, you can't enter the Dark Portal any longer to visit Outland, and must be ported to Shattrath).
    That isn't a Bug, the Portal to Old Outlands has been in the Mage Tower of SW since WoD.........

should save a 3rd sundering for wow 2 or at least complete revamp of everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Its unlikely...I really doubt it. The down side of a revamp is what mostly scares me, otherwise I'm usually looking forward to it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    At the very least, I'd like to be able to level 1-60 (or whatever the level cap is in 9.0) entirely in Kalimdor/EK.

Additionally, once you are through with the quests in your starting zone, you can go to the Caverns of Time and level up all the way to the cap in old expansion zones, i.e. Outland, Pandaria, Northrend, etc. or any combination thereof. The corresponding breadcrumb quests would also make it quite clear that you are experiencing events from the past, as well as a very brief historical briefing.

For example, the Outland quest text (for Horde) should read something like: "Shortly after the lich Kel'thuzad's ostensible defeat at the hands of Horde's heroes near Stratholme, the Dark Portal shone with renewed energy. The Warchief at that time took a personal interest on the fate of the Orcs' cousins stranded in the dying remains of Draenor, now known as Outland. Help the Warchief's expedition and investigate the whereabouts of the renegade Night Elf champion Illidan the Betrayer".
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-10-13 at 04:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Although it should and needs to happen, I don't see the current dev team devoting themselves to doing something as ambitious as a Cataclysm-level world revamp.

Thanks, but no thanks. Enough sunderings, it's getting boring.

Do a time skip. It's all it's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Excellent - we can't attack until the 4th sunder.
    The WoW community never waits before it attacks.

I would be fine with this too.

I was honestly expecting this, while we were in space dealing with the Legion, weakened... to come back to a world revamp taken over by Azshara and N'zoth. But they had to share the limelight with a faction war and Mustache-Twirling Sylvanas, sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Hence why they should do a lvl squish along with a revamp.

Make Kalimdor and EK the main questing zones.
    Put Outland, Northrend, Pand, etc. in CoT and make them optional lvling content instead of forcing players into them.
    Putting entire continents in cot would be a disaster too. Northrend as expansion content is outdated, as a continent though is still relevant.
    Id say northrend and bc need a revamp the most since they are in the past. Wod was going to be cata for outland but they got it all wrong.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Putting entire continents in cot would be a disaster too. Northrend as expansion content is outdated, as a continent though is still relevant.
    Id say northrend and bc need a revamp the most since they are in the past. Wod was going to be cata for outland but they got it all wrong.
    We need fewer mandatory expansions just to make leveling faster and to get rid of a lot of those awkward vestigial organs of MoP, WoD, Legion, and soon BFA. Too many one expansion features that only confuse new and returning players.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I think a new revamp would be fitting with a level squish. People say that they can't do a revamp since that might make the new expansion content be less. But a revamp can have been worked on for a long time, seperate from the expansions. i feel like a revamp and tie it in with new expansion theme to make the world feel more alive again. The entire world, not just the 4-6 new zones they release

I dont expect any major make overs, its a 15 year old game . Activision is not gonna put a heavy amount of resources behind anything likethis. We will get a weak ass story explaining changes , maybe a cut scene or two and thats goona be it. MAybe, just maybe a zone will get a graphics tweet. Blizzard simply doesnt have the talent or creativity any more to pull off major revamps
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I dont expect any major make overs, its a 15 year old game . Activision is not gonna put a heavy amount of resources behind anything likethis. We will get a weak ass story explaining changes , maybe a cut scene or two and thats goona be it. MAybe, just maybe a zone will get a graphics tweet. Blizzard simply doesnt have the talent or creativity any more to pull off major revamps

Uh, what? The Art team is doing a better job with every year. And I think the Art team is also responsible for zone and map design.

The quests will be nothing outstanding, thats true. But its an MMORPG, the focus is something else there anyway compared to singleplay RPGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    Uh, what? The Art team is doing a better job with every year. And I think the Art team is also responsible for zone and map design.

The quests will be nothing outstanding, thats true. But its an MMORPG, the focus is something else there anyway compared to singleplay RPGs.
    The art team has done ok, but did they get hit in the lay offs? Moral at Blizzard is said to be at a all time low as well. Like I said Activision may not budget much money for a new expansion to allow for massive revamps of the old world. If any is done it will be done on the cheap . Blizzards days of innovating are long gone. Just dont expect anything more then what we got in BFA , and thats not much. And WOW has not been a MMO for quite a while now , its more of a single person action game . Most RPG elements have been stripped away
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We need fewer mandatory expansions just to make leveling faster and to get rid of a lot of those awkward vestigial organs of MoP, WoD, Legion, and soon BFA. Too many one expansion features that only confuse new and returning players.
    Agree entirely. In fact i think expansions should be parallel instead of sequential, just make lvl 60 cap and give each expansion its own paragon leveling relevant only to that with some completionist bonus at the end for farming or something.