Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Solution to Blizzard’s crisis

As many of you know, the more Blizzard replied the more damage it has done to the company, due to overall bigger backlash i.e Blizzcon planned protests etc.

A solution to this would be a simple video of some devs sitting with that guy who got banned and just explain their points to the audience and just apologise for this incident, donate to any charity that is helping hong kong and show their unity to free speech.

I think this is getting out of hand.

3+ Year Old Account
    This would not be a solution at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Enlightent View Post
    As many of you know, the more Blizzard replied the more damage it has done to the company, due to overall bigger backlash i.e Blizzcon planned protests etc.

A solution to this would be a simple video of some devs sitting with that guy who got banned and just explain their points to the audience and just apologise for this incident, donate to any charity that is helping hong kong and show their unity to free speech.

Solution to Blizzard's "crisis":

Wait a week.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon DeLeon View Post
    This would not be a solution at all.
    Clearly You never worked in PR

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Solution to Blizzard's "crisis":

Wait a week.

Yes. Judging that protests will take place at the day of Blizzcon, it wont blow over that fast

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is no crisis, blizzard makes a metric ton of money off on China without a doubt more then they do from the us. Even if every single is costumers stopping supporting blizzard they would have still made the right choice, they can literally ignore any small group of people who make a fuss about this as they target the larger chineses market.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There is no crisis, blizzard makes a metric ton of money off on China without a doubt more then they do from the us. Even if every single is costumers stopping supporting blizzard they would have still made the right choice, they can literally ignore any small group of people who make a fuss about this as they target the larger chineses market.
    Its a meltdown. Small group? Hundred of thousand of people perhaps xx

Solution to this crisis perpetuated by the people sporting constant hate boners for the company: Wait a while.
    Same as with the Immortal debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Solution to this crisis perpetuated by the people sporting constant hate boners for the company: Wait a while.
    Same as with the Immortal debacle.
    Net ease stated that diablo immortal is ready, clearly something worked that blizzard is not launching the game.

Atm its a meltdown for blizzard

Net ease stated that diablo immortal is ready, clearly something worked that blizzard is not launching the game.

Atm its a meltdown for blizzard
    Sure buddy, sure.

If you need to believe that, you do you. Meanwhile, in the real world:

https://diabloimmortal.com/en-us/

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope they should do something they haven't done in a long time and IGNORE this it will pass. Anybody doing this at Blizzcon throw them out, anyone protesting outside legally let them give it less than 3 months most wont even remember.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Sure buddy, sure.

If you need to believe that, you do you. Meanwhile, in the real world:
    I mean a simple google search will show that this is not about believing, but facts. Sometimes PR gone wrong can ruin you or a business

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    That's not true. Besides it's not purely about current customers, if you don't have the support of the employees that make the products then you can be sure that future products will decline in quality.

I am now convinced that there are delusional and shill users here, facts hurt. I am out.

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-10-13 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming - Be Civil

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Nope they should do something they haven't done in a long time and IGNORE this it will pass. Anybody doing this at Blizzcon throw them out, anyone protesting outside legally let them give it less than 3 months most wont even remember.
    Yes the issue will pass assuming there isn't repeated mistakes. Which if there isn't repeated mistakes then that means that criticism worked.

I am now convinced that there are delusional and shill users here, facts hurt. I am out.
    Bye! It's been fun but not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    facts hurt
    I didn't find 'google it' to be particularly wounding. If everything they do makes it worse wouldn't it be better to do nothing? At least for the next little while. Maybe plan something for blizzcon and put a bit more thought into it than they did with their rushed and inadequate response.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Yes the issue will pass assuming there isn't repeated mistakes. Which if there isn't repeated mistakes then that means that criticism worked
    Well it's worked because they responded, the problem is anyone advising them shouldn't have had them do it. The repeated mistakes, they will go on making mistakes, provided different mistakes as well but also the same mistakes some see. the problem is caving into people who's only presence seems to be the internet and they are mad.

As I said I am sure some might protest Blizzcon but kicking them out and banning them for life and explaining that they will be will deal with anybody who does this.

Keep in mind I am actually on the side of those going after Blizzard, but the problem is simply complaining about it online isn't enough. If all people plan to do is bitch and complain then Blizzard should join the club of successful business's that get threatened with boycotts and bullshit all the time.

People today don't have what it takes to really protest, real protest requires action and sacrifice and as long as social media is considered protest it will always easy to yell outrage.

This means nothing, and Blizzard needs to get hip to that.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

3+ Year Old Account
    facts hurt. I am out.
    You must be hurt more. 1 hour old account and only 6 posts in before running away.

you cant blame them

this is the first time when internet's outrage made both politicians and non-profit organizations take actions

we already have open letters and protest being organized for the duration of blizzcon .

this is now outside of anyones control .

and will turn this years blizzcon into total fiasco for them .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Yes the issue will pass assuming there isn't repeated mistakes. Which if there isn't repeated mistakes then that means that criticism worked.
    but not before blizzcon .

and this will hurt them the most

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    It'll be over within a month, and supporting hong kong when they are enjoying the Chinese money so much? A bit niave, right?