Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellger View Post
    Really ? And how is uproar in Western Social media going to change anything down there in China ?
    it might change how western companies interact with them.
    and that's at least something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    You know what happens when you don't bootlick the Chinese Government? Who gets hurt from that?

Because it's not the Chinese government.
    it would be if noone traded with them. but people are greedy shits.

I haven't given two shits what Riot says since they figured the best way to fight their own sexism is with more sexism by banning men from attending their event.

PAX West 2018. Never forgetting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    yes, its literally political. there are no "human rights". thats all politics and governments.
    Oof. Yeah, no. People have human rights simply by being humans.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
    Last edited by SwordofZoro; 2019-10-13 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I find it amusing how many people fail to understand this. There are no official universal human rights so continuing to bring that up is pointless. Each nation gets to determine what those rights are.
    i believe you are thinking of civil rights, which are determined by goverment/ruling class and can be violated/followed as such - but Human rights are those rights that belong to every individual—man or women, girl or boy, infant or elder—simply because she or he is a human being. They embody the basic standards without which people cannot realize their inherent human dignity. these are set by no governing body and are universally expected to be followed, that is why other countries can hold places accountable for human rights violations and such, although it is difficult to enforce these violations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    Actually, no.

There are town council meetings, school board meetings and other local events. Heck, you can even submit a letter to be read into the minutes of a town meeting or have a surrogate read it. There are thousands of ways to contribute to one's civic duty, great and small.

The lie which leads to helplessness is that you have to attend a massive protest or lead some movement in order to make a difference.

Even planting one tree can begin making a difference. Often times it is little actions that are replicated a lot of times across a society that make the biggest impacts. A march is powerful because a lot of people are doing a smaller thing...together.

The key is to pick something you are passionate about and contribute what you can when you can. That's all we can do.

The problem is that most of us don't and haven't for decades and we're seeing the effects of that rot in our discourse, policies and society.
    Well, for one, there isn't even a town council where I live. It's literally just a farmers' land with kilometers inbetween neighbors. But I take it you have never lived in a very rural area? It's not uncommon for people who have lived their entire lives in urban/metropolitan areas to just assume they know how the world works. It's like these urban green people who want national bans on cars just because their local subway is so great.

If I were to deliver a letter about helping Hong Kong to my nearest town council, they'd just fall off their chair laughing, as the "politicians" in rural areas in my country are rarely connected to any political party, but rather local lists concerned with local issues. They have zero nill influence over international problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

10+ Year Old Account
    Protests at Blizzcon bunch of keyboard warriors pretending to give a shit about "the cause" lmao.

Is it wrong to secretly hope for violence? Wouldn't mind seeing some of these people get knocked on their ass
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Protests at Blizzcon bunch of keyboard warriors pretending to give a shit about "the cause" lmao.

Is it wrong to secretly hope for violence? Wouldn't mind seeing some of these people get knocked on their ass
    How edgy and detached.

Your avatar suits you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    How edgy and detached.

Your avatar suits you.
    Thank you. I'm not detached though, I do care but not because Blizzard is involved.

People threatening to ruin Blizzcon though.. that makes me super edgy considering it's not Blizzard you're hurting but the other people trying to attend.
    Kintama no kami aru

thats because human rights are not a real thing. there are NO HUMAN RIGHTS. thats all politics, goverment, and law.
    if govts didn't exist, then what? People revert to animals? Killing and eating one another? Of course not, because we all have rights, the foremost of those is the right to life. China is organ harvesting detainees, even if it's inconvenient for paid chinese shill posters to admit to it

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    God forbid video game companies ask for an environment free from politics so we can all enjoy the thing or event we came to enjoy.
    Yeah, it's not like people should stand up for human rights wherever possible or anything. That would just be silly!

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofZoro View Post
    Oof. Yeah, no. People have human rights simply by being humans.
    nope, you are wrong. there are NO human rights

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    i believe you are thinking of civil rights, which are determined by goverment/ruling class and can be violated/followed as such - but Human rights are those rights that belong to every individual—man or women, girl or boy, infant or elder—simply because she or he is a human being. They embody the basic standards without which people cannot realize their inherent human dignity. these are set by no governing body and are universally expected to be followed, that is why other countries can hold places accountable for human rights violations and such, although it is difficult to enforce these violations.
    what you are saying, does not exist. you may decide to abide by it, but its not real. you have no rights just for being born. nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    god forbid people speak up against the complete disregard of human rights on a forum where it gets the most recognition
    with little consideration for image of the company or the forum they provided.

Funny thing about this who situation is...If Blizzard had done nothing, nobody new would be posting about HK. Blizzards reaction is the only reason most of you are even posting. You wouldn't be doing anything to help the cause or raise awareness. Probably the same people who don't even know what Epstein means anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofZoro View Post
    if govts didn't exist, then what? People revert to animals? Killing and eating one another? Of course not, because we all have rights, the foremost of those is the right to life. China is organ harvesting detainees, even if it's inconvenient for paid chinese shill posters to admit to it
    you can see this by looking all over the world. countries all have different values. its perfectly fine to stone women in the street in some places, to kill babies, to murder enemies. there are no human rights. its all political. your own sensibilities do not make something true or real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBrood View Post
    Funny thing about this who situation is...If Blizzard had done nothing, nobody new would be posting about HK. Blizzards reaction is the only reason most of you are even posting. You wouldn't be doing anything to help the cause or raise awareness. Probably the same people who don't even know what Epstein means anymore.
    That's outrage culture for ya.

They should really make some special avatars so everyone can see how much they suddenly care.. for a week or so
    Kintama no kami aru

Why is my signature ironic?
    I wasn't going to respond to this thread (was just curious about the topic, it's been popular lately), but then I saw this gem of a post.

Please tell me that you're serious in that you can't see how this is ironic. That would make this perfect!

I mean, if you can't see how posting "don't bring politics to gaming" in a gaming forum with a political signature pushing to impeach the president isn't ironic, that's comedy gold. Thanks!

God forbid video game companies ask for an environment free from politics so we can all enjoy the thing or event we came to enjoy.
    They started the trend themselved when they acknowledged LGBT agenda. This is nothing more than continuation of that. Where would you draw the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    If I were to deliver a letter about helping Hong Kong to my nearest town council, they'd just fall off their chair laughing, as the "politicians" in rural areas in my country are rarely connected to any political party, but rather local lists concerned with local issues. They have zero nill influence over international problems.
    That's not what he said, though. He said, do what you can, when you can. Anything. Like planting a tree. Caring about where anything you buy comes from. Is it produced under fair conditions for the workers? Which companies to support, and which ones better not to support with my wallet? You can change markets with your purchase decision. Not alone, mind you, but if many are doing it, money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    with little consideration for image of the company or the forum they provided.
    Oh no, it might hurt the company's ability to profit from kowtowing to a dictatorship.

you can see this by looking all over the world. countries all have different values. its perfectly fine to stone women in the street in some places, to kill babies, to murder enemies. there are no human rights. its all political. your own sensibilities do not make something true or real.
    Corporations are people, my friend.

Yeah, no. Just because you string some words together doesn't make what you wrote correct.

Again, from the USA Declaration of Independence

In CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.-- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,--That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."