Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    That'd be weird... anthropomorphic animal can shape shift into other animal forms... then again, Worgen can be druids so I guess it's not that weird.

- - - Updated - - -

That'd be pretty cool, actually. An actual bear TANK. Mechanized cat form. The only logistics lie in how the shape shifting works between the flesh part using nature magic, and the mechanical part transforming as well.
    and tauren.

That'd be pretty cool, actually. An actual bear TANK. Mechanized cat form. The only logistics lie in how the shape shifting works between the flesh part using nature magic, and the mechanical part transforming as well.
    It would, but it'd work better as a class skin rather than ye olde lore. Lore that's being mildly abused anyway. Still, I advocate that all classes can be anything, but re-skinned to fit the race if the original class doesn't mesh.

Race/class restrictions are just kind of silly at this point, outside of anything time locked. If people want to play tiny fox people druids, let them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    While lore wise that would be as dumb as goblin shammies, I would be okay with it.
    Goblin shaman make sense, goblin priests on the other hand... welp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Race/class restrictions are just kind of silly at this point, outside of anything time locked. If people want to play tiny fox people druids, let them.
    Ignoring how bland it would make the lore for races and classes (Draenei warlocks, why even call them "Draenei" anymore lolol), and ignoring the fact that for some races it is literally impossible in lore (mag'har warlocks/demon hunters are a big one), the sheer amount of time, effort, and most importantly money it would take to develop models for classes that had unique ones per race (demon hunters, druids, etc) makes this basically not possible.

I.E., it's not as simple as "just give them druids". They have to develop druid models for them, and that takes a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Goblin shaman make sense, goblin priests on the other hand... welp.
    Think american healthcare, wow version.

As for Vulpera druids.. it makes some sense if they'd pick up a 'healing Vol'dun' kind of storyline in the future.

We're told it was once the jewel of Zandalar (or something along those lines) and a vibrant forest/jungle.

That would work at least.

kinda

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya2 View Post
    Think american healthcare, wow version.

As for Vulpera druids.. it makes some sense if they'd pick up a 'healing Vol'dun' kind of storyline in the future.

We're told it was once the jewel of Zandalar (or something along those lines) and a vibrant forest/jungle.

That would work at least.

kinda
    When I think of goblin priests, I think more of radio/television evangelists that are in it purely for the money. Unfortunately, what goblin priests got instead was 'machine exorcism experts' and... welp, that's as far as it went. They basically don't exist. I feel like Blizzard tosses the 'priest' class to a lot of races they never touch up on ever again, and that's odd to me since 'priests' are one of the most racial theme specific classes out there (as was implied more directly in vanilla being the only class with racial spells).

Whether Vulpera were even a part of vol'dun when it was a jungle is a mystery. I'm not against vulpera druids, though, but it would require new lore, because nothing has ever been revealed implying they can be druids. Not that it prevents them from doing so... I mean, look at Highmountain druids. Out of nowhere, lol. In their case, it was never even explained, it just happened.

I'd love this. I love the druid class but really would like to play as a small race who can be one. Curious how their forms would look.
    Let my cries chill the living...

Great apes? Are you talking about Dragon Ball?
    Great Apes. Not big apes.

Ignoring how bland it would make the lore for races and classes (Draenei warlocks, why even call them "Draenei" anymore lolol), and ignoring the fact that for some races it is literally impossible in lore (mag'har warlocks/demon hunters are a big one), the sheer amount of time, effort, and most importantly money it would take to develop models for classes that had unique ones per race (demon hunters, druids, etc) makes this basically not possible.

I.E., it's not as simple as "just give them druids". They have to develop druid models for them, and that takes a lot of time.
    Well, I did mention not the time locked ones, which would include Demon Hunters. But other than that, does it really matter? What's wrong with Draenei Warlocks? Clearly outliers within a society exist. We fight them in TBC. Same for Mag'har Warlocks. Why are they a problem? Why wouldn't a Mag'har Orc be hanging out with green skinned Orcs and be covetous of their fel powers?

Is it a zero work proposition? Of course not. If we want to have custom forms for each Druid race (which is a relatively new concept anyway), it'll take some work. Is it a massively monumental task that cannot even be conceived? Of course not. There's plenty of opportunity to reuse existing assets in order to add customization. Piggyback existing Druid forms and alter textures rather than develop whole new rigging, at least to start, and let people have some fun.

Lore is important, but so is fun. Let people have some fun in a 15 year old game where the lore is so topsy turvy and so much has been retconned anyway.

I find it funny people say horde has 4 druids races ignoring the fact that it's 2 tauren and 2 troll. Wow how varied and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post
    New rumour heard in game: Vulpera will be druids. The recruitment scenario for the mechagnomes was datamined but the vulpera wasn’t because vulpera’s encrypted, they dont want the player to know that it all happens revolving around a certain member of their group (Kiro) that decides to become a druid and wants to go to ramuul runetotem for guidance.
    And how do people know that if it's encrypted.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be totally fucked up for the alliance. Mechagnome druids have been brought up in discussions since their very first announcement, while I’ve never heard a single person say Vulpera druids. If Blizz were to actually give Vulpera druids excluding mechas, that would just.....at this point there’s nothing to do but laugh if they continue to seemingly purposefully shaft the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alpaca travel form or forget the whole thing.
    /s

Well, I did mention not the time locked ones, which would include Demon Hunters. But other than that, does it really matter? What's wrong with Draenei Warlocks? Clearly outliers within a society exist. We fight them in TBC. Same for Mag'har Warlocks. Why are they a problem? Why wouldn't a Mag'har Orc be hanging out with green skinned Orcs and be covetous of their fel powers?

Is it a zero work proposition? Of course not. If we want to have custom forms for each Druid race (which is a relatively new concept anyway), it'll take some work. Is it a massively monumental task that cannot even be conceived? Of course not. There's plenty of opportunity to reuse existing assets in order to add customization. Piggyback existing Druid forms and alter textures rather than develop whole new rigging, at least to start, and let people have some fun.

Lore is important, but so is fun. Let people have some fun in a 15 year old game where the lore is so topsy turvy and so much has been retconned anyway.
    Draenei exist exclusively because they seperated themselves from the Eredar, and to remain pure (i.e., to refrain from becoming corrupted by fel magic like the rest of their race was). Draenei warlocks would literally be going against they are called draenei in the first place. May as well rename the race "eredar" at that point. Not to mention, their race being okay with this would be taking a steaming pile onto the story.

Most people are okay with that because there's no price too high for arbitrarily playing the class/race combo they happen to think would be fun. I simply disagree.

But this is just based off of cultural choices. An eredar warlock can exist, we saw a few of those in WoD. Now we are getting into races that literally cannot be the classes you are referring to. Mag'har (lit. pure/uncorrupted orcs, btw) have brown skin because when they are exposed to fel magic, they gain green skin. So, and I mean this very literally, mag'har warlocks can't exist. They'd be regular orcs with green skin if they practiced fel magic.

This would go behind taking a steaming pile on the lore to get a class/combo they wanted, and literally retconning all of the story so far to make it work.

Your argument that "lore is important, but so is fun" is ridiculous, because you are acting like there should be a balance. Right now, there is a balance, and it leans heavily into the favor of 'fun', which I am fine with. But some lines shouldn't be crossed.

Either way the argument is moot because it doesn't apply to vulpera druids. Vulpera druids are fine lorewise. They just haven't been explained yet, and would require that. The real thing holding them back is the fact they'd need unique models. And adding new models is a huge time investment, much more than people are making it out to be. This is the biggest reason why druids are one of the least popular races, not specifically because of lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would be their forms?

Bear:Krolusks
    Cat: Fox
    Travel:Alpaca
    Aquatic:Sea serpent
    Moonkin:???

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
    And how do people know that if it's encrypted.
    Random Joe on Wow trade chat knows more than Wowhead and MMOchamp. They found encrypted content that major websites couldn't. Totally reliable source, etc.

Forget asking how they know it's encrypted, how were they able to find something that no one else did?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    What would be their forms?

Bear:Krolusks
    Cat: Fox
    Travel:Alpaca
    Aquatic:Sea serpent
    Moonkin:???
    Bear: Bear
    Cat: cat
    Travel: Whatever, maybe Hyena
    Aquatic: Ugly, mutated sealion, like everyone but Zandalari
    Moonkin: Some variation of moonkin, like every race but Zandalari

Zandalari are special, no one else is going to have anything but bear, cat, sealion, moonkin. The only thing that's customizable is the travel form and flight form.

I mean they literally have the tiger loa in Vol'dun, lol. Of course their cat form will be a cat. Foxes don't even exist in Zandalar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Vulpera already have more classes than MG...Horde has more Druids than Alliance even though Night Elves were the original Druids. Be complete BS if Vulpera get Druid.

Alliance should get KT Pallies or Worgen Shaman is this were true...
    This is why we can't have nice things. Blizzard is so pressured to make everything "even".

Both would no longer be members of their original group. Eredar Warlocks are numerous, Draenei Warlocks do not exist. A Mag'har becoming a Warlock would literally turn green.

- - - Updated - - -

Foxes don't even exist in Zandalar.
    You go and tell the Vulpera that.

first thing i thought when i heard vulpera didn't have druids was "that's a lot of money they are going to miss out on from the furries."

10+ Year Old Account
    Random Joe on Wow trade chat knows more than Wowhead and MMOchamp. They found encrypted content that major websites couldn't. Totally reliable source, etc.

Forget asking how they know it's encrypted, how were they able to find something that no one else did?

- - - Updated - - -

Bear: Bear
    Cat: cat
    Travel: Whatever, maybe Hyena
    Aquatic: Ugly, mutated sealion, like everyone but Zandalari
    Moonkin: Some variation of moonkin, like every race but Zandalari

Zandalari are special, no one else is going to have anything but bear, cat, sealion, moonkin. The only thing that's customizable is the travel form and flight form.

I mean they literally have the tiger loa in Vol'dun, lol. Of course their cat form will be a cat. Foxes don't even exist in Zandalar.
    That makes sense... still Alpaca for travel form though