Necromancer can be designed to be complete unique in gameplay compared to DK's. It's as simple as that. Only overlap is theme.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Fire and Destro are not similar as they use different sources of magic (which was changed some years ago to distinguish both classes more).
    they still do, basically the same sit, trowing fire at you.

All your examples are great points why we will never see a Necromancer class

we areo bvious not in the same page, cause they are great examples of why we can see then, nd why they can be possible

Why would they even add further similarity?
    what?
    Tinker is a completely unique and fresh concept, why would they even bother with Necromancers at this point?

Because they are a cool class, not yet used and they make more sense in a death/shadowlands expansion?

Tinker > > > > > > > > > > > > > Dark Ranger > > > Necromancer
    Dark ranger is a shit class, no more of this elf bullshit, just give dark arrow and other skill as talents for hunter and we are done here

Dark ranger and hunter are both ranged arrow mail class, unlike necromancer(cloth+ranged) and dk(plate+melee)

Personally I just want a new caster class most of all. In which form(class) that is, is secondary. To me, necromancer sounds a lot more interesting than tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The more I look at people's Necromancer concepts the more I ask "where is the overlap here?"

We have two light classes, we have two demon classes, the tinker and dark ranger concepts both would mean we have two ranger classes. If you want a wholly original class at this point with absolutely no overlap you'd better start inventing new elements out of thin air. Light, Void, Fel, Arcane, Life, Death? They've all been covered.

If we want to get into actual specifics on where mechanical overlap is, again, not seeing it. I'm sure everyone will say "Well Unholy already has a pet" and sure, but has anyone suggested that Necromancer's gameplay is about building up stacks to mutate your pet into an abomination? No. Unholy as it is now can still exist without changes should Necromancer be added. This isn't a "Demonology Warlocks have the signature Demon Hunter skill so that spec will need a complete redesign" situation.

And Necromancer doesn't steal a damn thing from a tanking spec or the melee DPS spec.
    Classes out of thin air, you say? .... Cowboy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    So what do you think will be the new "System" in terms of expansion wide progression? Something akin to the artifact weapon maybe?
    Dragonsworn, pick a flight to serve and unlock an ability or two and passives with themes centered around those flights. Unlock new customization options, like scales, dragon eyes, horns as you go. A cool flight themed mog. Each flight has a dedicated campaign like the class campaigns in Legion. Each patch has Us bring the Dragonsworn level up a bit 9.2 capped at XX until 9.3 alleviating the endless grind, but giving us a goal at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    The thing is, Necromancer COMPLETLY overlaps with DKs.

Necromancers are about: Bone-armor-shields, blood or life draining, shadow, frost and necrotic magic, undead minions and diseases.

DKs are about: Bone-armor-shields, blood or life draining, shadow frost and necrotic magic, undead minions and diseases.

The ONLY difference these two have is that one wears plate and fights up close and the other is potentially cloth from afar.
    Well, in a Death-themed expansion they now would have the option of introducing Necromancers that are entirely unrelated to Scourge Necromancers, which could solve at least part of that issue. Of course, they also wouldn't be what people asking for Necromancers generally have in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    there is no spells of warlocks that summon the dead.

DKs are not all about necromancy, they just have some skills of it.
    Hence why I said "Parts recycled from". They need to create an entirely noew class that has nothing in common with the rest other than the obvious, melee, ranged or caster.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait, is this the blizzcon hype train thread?
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Personally I just want a new caster class most of all. In which form(class) that is, is secondary. To me, necromancer sounds a lot more interesting than tinker.
    I mean, again, one of my issues with necromancer is that typically necromancers are a cloth-wearing class and do we REALLY need ANOTHER cloth-wearing caster?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Login screen leaked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    wait, is this the blizzcon hype train thread?
    It in fact is.
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2019-10-13 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Login screen leaked.

- - - Updated - - -

It in fact is.
    It was exactly as I expected.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Pretty great login screen, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    I was expecting the other one.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    They also said we'd get a dance studio.
    and we did...
    Im "fairly" confident at least two of them are a given.
    bookmarked to laugh at you after Blizzcon for beeing wrong
    Need I remind you, that WoD and BFA are the most hated expansions the game has ever seen with BFA being the lowest grossing return rate they games ever had to date?
    WoD is yes, BFA aint.
    Your quite right, as someone who played since just before AB was first introduced to the game, people who invest years into their life may indeed still have some sentimental attachment to the game, but I imagine a fair few are warming up to the idea of something fresh and new, something that can attract a new generation of players (and profits) which makes your argument completley null.
    And you are wrong if you think that any company can ever pull another WoW with having players invasted for over a decade.
    And just because you always drop one month after launch a patch, I know many people who dont and who are the steady base of this game and still enjoying it (yes I know its shocking that people can enjoy what you despise so much....)
    And yes, yes you do abbandon it if those bucks are being taken out of shareholders and stocks that got knocked down by 5% since this entire hong kong fiasco.
    you failed economics hard didnt you? you dont just throw incoming money away....
    When your bleeding money to keep your sponsors happy and your barely making buck to keep yourself afloat its time to ask how much the cost of a server is vs how much it is to merge it for the cheap.
    ok you clearly failed economics cause you make it sound like Blizzard is near insolvency.
    Diablo Immortal? You honestly think blizzard is ABOVE abbandoning their franchises?
    DI is not something that produces millions of bucks a month.
    WoW2 is also not off the table
    yes, it IS of the table cause it would never be successful as WoW.
    WoW 2 would be as successful as every OTHER wow killer that came along and never reached WoW numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I was expecting the other one.
    have you checked BOTH of his links? :_D

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    have you checked BOTH of his links? :_D
    The other other one.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Actually that's the one I expected but it's been so long since I saw it I just remembered underwater one.

I'm starting to wonder if 9.0 won't be some sort of Stranger Things expansion, with the shadowlands and void portals and decay and stuff bleeding through into our world to take advantage of the weakened Azeroth world soul.

Quote Originally Posted by runebobo View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if 9.0 won't be some sort of Stranger Things expansion, with the shadowlands and void portals and decay and stuff bleeding through into our world to take advantage of the weakened Azeroth world soul.
    That's what I'm expecting, given how quickly they've been burning through threats these past two expansions; I think wherever we go next, the Shadowlands, all the forces of Death, and probably also the Infinites are going to show up to fuck it up for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give DKs a 4th spec that uses a shield and poll-arm and call it a day. Blizz won't have to worry about pushing out a completely new class and all the ppl that want Necro's will be happy.

That's what I'm expecting, given how quickly they've been burning through threats these past two expansions; I think wherever we go next, the Shadowlands, all the forces of Death, and probably also the Infinites are going to show up to fuck it up for us.
    "The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all."

A misconception the enemy of all would be death but there is one more dangerous foe even death cannot defeat.

Time.

My speculation? Yrel from the AU has struck a bargain with the Infinite Dragonflight to bring the army of the light from the AU to MU, along with that same army bolstering the ranks of the galactic army of the light Turalyon's backstory mentions in 1000 years of war.

I do think void and death are the two key players in the next expansion but I also think Light will be a big antagonist too, they're very clearly leaning towards showing us that "every faction is good/evil" and that the Light will inevitably play "its" card at being the latter eventually, I suspect after we weaken the void/death based threats.

See, this is why I had that idea for the build-your-own-class thing; you'd pick something like "I want to summon one or two powerful minions" or "I want to summon a horde of minions," pick an armour type, then choose a cosmic force or a mundane focus (Like tech, for example), and suddenly you've got a Necromancer or some other archetype depending on your choices.