Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Well sure, compare them to vulpera and they'll feel lacking. Compare almost any race that isn't Kul Tiran or Zandalari to the vulpera and they'll feel lacking. Blizzard put a lot of work into the race, and it's one of the most desired of all of those release so far.

They definitely have the tech to make mechagnomes better, they simply lack the inclination. And that's okay, I guess. I wouldn't call it a 'throwaway' race, but it's obvious Blizzard could have done more. I'd rather have this version of a mechagnome than never have it, though. And I'm sure that's a controversial opinion compared to anyone else, but I know that Blizzard will never put more effort into a race like this, so I'll take what I can get. It's better than nothing, lol.

That said, what "OP racials" do mechagnomes have? This is the first I've heard of this, and at the risk of going significantly offtopic, I do really want to know. Their racials in and of themselves are a bit vague, so I don't know how good they get.
    You really have to compare them to Vulpera because they are released opposite them, clearly more effort was put into one than the other. Like you compare the recolor races to their counterparts as well like LF and Highmountian, or Velf and Nightborne (although nightborn have some additional model changes). It clearly shows in their work here how little effort they put into this race and how lacking the customization options are. If they weren't that interested in the race they shouldn't have added them as an allied race, since it really feels more than anything they just threw them in as allied races because they wanted to release Vulpera as an allied race while the mechagnome design gets shafted.

Also their racials are:

Combat Analysis: You gather and analyze combat data every 5 sec, increasing your primary stat by 50, stacking up to 8 times. The data decays while out of combat.

Hyper Organic Light Originator: Summon Organic Light duplicates to distract your foes.

Mastercraft: You function as a personal Blacksmithing Anvil, Cooking Fire, and Mining Forge. In addition, your limbs include every profession tool.

Re-Arm: When you fall below 20% health, heal for 20% of your maximum health. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 min.

Re-Attached: You've recently Re-Armed and cannot benefit from it again.

Skeleton Pinkie: Allows opening of locked chests and doors that require a skill level up to 100.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=295499/...-patch-8-3-ptr

I guess ugly is the price of OP. Trolls know what I'm talking about.

The problem is some of their body parts aren't conventional in comparison to the other races. They have clamps for hands as an option. They could either just make gloves not show for them, or have to go through every single glove in the game to make it work with the clamps. Same goes with their feet (Draenei don't really have boots either.)

If you don't like the race, don't play it.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    You really have to compare them to Vulpera because they are released opposite them, clearly more effort was put into one than the other. Like you compare the recolor races to their counterparts as well like LF and Highmountian, or Velf and Nightborne (although nightborn have some additional model changes). It clearly shows in their work here how little effort they put into this race and how lacking the customization options are. If they weren't that interested in the race they shouldn't have added them as an allied race, since it really feels more than anything they just threw them in as allied races because they wanted to release Vulpera as an allied race while the mechagnome design gets shafted.
    First of all, comparing races.

Lightforged and highmountain are about on par. People complained about both for similar reasons. They are both fairly similar to their given races.

Void elf and nightborne are harder to compare, but void elves (despite how much people complain about them) give Alliance a version of something they really wanted, and nightborne have slightly more customization than the average race, so it balances out. People complain about both of them for different reasons.

Mag'har and Dark Iron dwarves feel unfair, because Dark Iron are just badasses that have been asked for for years and years while Mag'har are taking from WoD story which makes some people feel bad, but let's be fair and recognize that Mag'har have a lot more customization while Dark Iron have a lot more popularity. No one is heavily complaining about either of them.

Kul Tirans and Zandalari are where things get interesting. Kul Tirans are constantly mocked and complained about "omg so fat", but in reality are the most unique race in the game and, as far as I can tell, have 100% unique animations. Zandalari are fairly unique as well, especially the males, but ultimately are the most popular allied race on the Horde. So naturally, Kul Tirans are unpopular and unappealing to those put off by their heavier appearance, while Zandalari are looked at as a "very cool race". It's in Zandalari's favor to a significant degree, no one complains about Zandalari and tons of people complain about Kul Tirans. The both had tons of work but into them, though, and the races feel right.

Now we have mechagnomes and vulpera. The Vulpera have been begged for since they appeared, and have had work done on them since day one. Their animations are very different even if they share some few things in common with goblins. However, mechagnomes have unique animations, as well. They had a lot of work done on them despite how unhappy people are with them (or their lack of armor customization). The thing is, everyone likes to hate gnomes regardless of how good the race is, where as everyone wanted vulpera. The only race they could have added that made vulpera feel bad would be high elves (and even then, I doubt it). You can't compare with vulpera, because literally nothing would feel on par with them.

It's okay, though. I want to talk about Mechagnomes and not how lacking they feel compared to Vulpera. Their customization issues could be fixed and they'd still feel weak compared to vulpera; this is inevitable. However, I'd still like to see those problems acknowledged and worked on.

As for the mechagnome racials, I'm aware of the mechagnome racials by tooltip, but a lot of them, such as Hyper Organic Light Originator, do not express what they actually do. You summon a bunch of copies of yourself that melee the target and stack a bleed on it. I don't even know how much damage this does. The only racial that feels "OP" is Re-arm. I don't foresee it making live, so I don't think that matters to begin with.

Heck, giving them broken racials and making people play them for it would just make people hate the race more because they were 'forced' to play it, and that's not something I want to see happen, either. But it is nice to know that their racials aren't considered trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I guess ugly is the price of OP. Trolls know what I'm talking about.
    Well, trolls are not and have never been ugly. Some of the female troll models had ugly faces, but that's about it, really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    The problem is some of their body parts aren't conventional in comparison to the other races. They have clamps for hands as an option. They could either just make gloves not show for them, or have to go through every single glove in the game to make it work with the clamps. Same goes with their feet (Draenei don't really have boots either.)
    Definitely some interesting points here. I already knew it would be difficult to make the armor fit just right and would require some work.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    If you don't like the race, don't play it.
    But then you post this. I've never said I don't like the race, and "deal with these problems or don't play it" aren't the only two options available. I like having a discussion about this so we can see how people feel about improving it, and your post was otherwise helpful because you are specifically mentioning the limitations in the engine which few others have done so far.

I'd rather talk about how we might be able to get around that, not "deal with it or gtfo" or whatever. This isn't a complaint thread, or at least, it wasn't intended to be. If it was, I'd have posted it on the forums where Blizzard might read it. I just am curious what people think could be done, if anything, or if people are just happy with it. All I ever hear about is "omg I hate mechagnomes", so I wanted to cover the topic in more detail.

(BTW, your current forum title is perfect for this... I think you may be one of the first people defending mechagnomes in this thread.)

First of all, comparing races.

Lightforged and highmountain are about on par. People complained about both for similar reasons. They are both fairly similar to their given races.

Void elf and nightborne are harder to compare, but void elves (despite how much people complain about them) give Alliance a version of something they really wanted, and nightborne have slightly more customization than the average race, so it balances out. People complain about both of them for different reasons.

Mag'har and Dark Iron dwarves feel unfair, because Dark Iron are just badasses that have been asked for for years and years while Mag'har are taking from WoD story which makes some people feel bad, but let's be fair and recognize that Mag'har have a lot more customization while Dark Iron have a lot more popularity. No one is heavily complaining about either of them.

Kul Tirans and Zandalari are where things get interesting. Kul Tirans are constantly mocked and complained about "omg so fat", but in reality are the most unique race in the game and, as far as I can tell, have 100% unique animations. Zandalari are fairly unique as well, especially the males, but ultimately are the most popular allied race on the Horde. So naturally, Kul Tirans are unpopular and unappealing to those put off by their heavier appearance, while Zandalari are looked at as a "very cool race". It's in Zandalari's favor to a significant degree, no one complains about Zandalari and tons of people complain about Kul Tirans. The both had tons of work but into them, though, and the races feel right.
    All the previous allied races were pretty comparable, whether or not people like Kul'tirans (which most people don't) isn't that relevant since both Kul'tiran and Zandalari are unique models and not just recolors like the previous races (except nightborne did get some tweaks to their models so they are the exception in an allied race getting a little more attention than their counterpart). Overall you can compare the first few allied races because they are essentially recolors, while Kul'tiran and Zaandalari are both new models. The problem comes in with mechagnomes getting far less work put into them than Vulpera and just being regular gnomes but with different arms and legs that cannot use armor.

Now we have mechagnomes and vulpera. The Vulpera have been begged for since they appeared, and have had work done on them since day one. Their animations are very different even if they share some few things in common with goblins. However, mechagnomes have unique animations, as well. They had a lot of work done on them despite how unhappy people are with them (or their lack of armor customization). The thing is, everyone likes to hate gnomes regardless of how good the race is, where as everyone wanted vulpera. The only race they could have added that made vulpera feel bad would be high elves (and even then, I doubt it). You can't compare with vulpera, because literally nothing would feel on par with them.

It's okay, though. I want to talk about Mechagnomes and not how lacking they feel compared to Vulpera. Their customization issues could be fixed and they'd still feel weak compared to vulpera; this is inevitable. However, I'd still like to see those problems acknowledged and worked on.
    Mechagnome animations are the same as gnome animations except for like the dance, which I think all allied races get a new version of, other than that and maybe a salute or something their animations are not changed, again unlike Vulpera who do get a lot of unique animations. Mechagnomes have had minimal work done to them in that they only really have different arms and legs, but because their arms and legs are different they aren't able to equip armor to them, and really that is lazy design, but also really the only way to tell a mechagnome is different from a regular gnome.

The lack of effort, work and care put into mechagnomes really shows, and you can easily spot that lack of work when you compare them to their counterpart. We can talk about the actual design and lack of customization of mechagnomes, but then that really just falls into what you like. Most people don't like playing gnomes and even less people seem to like the idea of essentially worse gnomes. I really don't see them fixing much in terms of their design since they are already on the PTR, and usually when they put things out there they are mostly final other than some minor changes, so I wouldn't hold my breath on them greatly increasing the quality of their design and customization options. Sure it could happen, but I'm going to be basing my opinions on what we are seeing and how they hold up to their counterpart, which is they are a throwaway race because they didn't want to dedicate the time in getting them up to the quality of Vulpera.

if it goes threw as is it throws out the arguments against races like the Naga that couldn't wear boots and stuff if they simply don't show them...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

It's not about "going ballistic because you disagree", it's more about being mildly annoyed because you're jumping into threads about an allied race you dislike, not commenting on the topic at all, and just using your post as a soapbox to whine about said race and stating your opinion like a fact in a vain attempt to give yourself more credit without actually elaborating.

Maybe you shouldn't post in threads you have no intention in participating in? Moving on...
    I literally said they represent mutilation, so it's obvious i don't like the customization. You just want to have a go. I got my opinion and that's it. Move on indeed.

All the previous allied races were pretty comparable, whether or not people like Kul'tirans (which most people don't) isn't that relevant since both Kul'tiran and Zandalari are unique models and not just recolors like the previous races (except nightborne did get some tweaks to their models so they are the exception in an allied race getting a little more attention than their counterpart). Overall you can compare the first few allied races because they are essentially recolors, while Kul'tiran and Zaandalari are both new models. The problem comes in with mechagnomes getting far less work put into them than Vulpera and just being regular gnomes but with different arms and legs that cannot use armor.
    I think I may have misread your post here previously. But either way, while I don't disagree that more work was put into Vulpera, I think you are both discounting how much work was put into mechagnomes, and I think it would be better to focus on what you'd like seen done differently with their customization instead of just saying "vulpera are better". Yeah, they are, and that isn't going to change, but that's not to say mechagnomes can't be better than they are.

This is emphasized heavily when you are saying that not much work was put into the mechagnomes. Go and see for yourself how different they are on the PTR. No one ever talks about it because people are too busy complaining about the race, but their animations had a lot of work put into them.

Mechagnome animations are the same as gnome animations except for like the dance, which I think all allied races get a new version of, other than that and maybe a salute or something their animations are not changed, again unlike Vulpera who do get a lot of unique animations. Mechagnomes have had minimal work done to them in that they only really have different arms and legs, but because their arms and legs are different they aren't able to equip armor to them, and really that is lazy design, but also really the only way to tell a mechagnome is different from a regular gnome.

The lack of effort, work and care put into mechagnomes really shows, and you can easily spot that lack of work when you compare them to their counterpart. We can talk about the actual design and lack of customization of mechagnomes, but then that really just falls into what you like. Most people don't like playing gnomes and even less people seem to like the idea of essentially worse gnomes. I really don't see them fixing much in terms of their design since they are already on the PTR, and usually when they put things out there they are mostly final other than some minor changes, so I wouldn't hold my breath on them greatly increasing the quality of their design and customization options. Sure it could happen, but I'm going to be basing my opinions on what we are seeing and how they hold up to their counterpart, which is they are a throwaway race because they didn't want to dedicate the time in getting them up to the quality of Vulpera.
    If you think mechagnomes do not have unique animations I recommend logging into the PTR and testing this. The variation differs to some degree (Sometimes, it's just performing a standard gnome emote with a more rigid animation, but most are entirely new. Hell, just try /wave and you'll see immediately what I am talking about.) This isn't something I can fully express in just words, so I'd either need comparative emote gifs (Which I do not plan on making, but is an interesting idea) or you'd need to see what I am talking about here. Even their standing emotes are different. A lot of work was put into them, just not into customizing their armor. Way, way more than just their dance...

And don't hold your breath on them not changing anything. It's always possible. I don't expect to see dramatic changes, but I could for instance see them adding more colors for their prosthetics. It would be easily doable for them. I don't expect them to change the way armor is used on them, but I can dream, lol.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2019-10-14 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Removed reply, since I was replying to the wrong person. lol.

It's amazingly shitty, but honestly Mechagnomes are such a terrible idea for a race I can't even bring myself to care that they're shitty.

If Blizz pulled this with a race I might actually play I'd be incredibly disappointed, so I feel like I *should* oppose it just on principle... But I just don't care that much when it's Mechagnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    It's amazingly shitty, but honestly Mechagnomes are such a terrible idea for a race I can't even bring myself to care that they're shitty.

If Blizz pulled this with a race I might actually play I'd be incredibly disappointed, so I feel like I *should* oppose it just on principle... But I just don't care that much when it's Mechagnomes.
    I mean I kind of dislike seeing replies that are just there to complain about mechagnomes, but at least you weren't using it as a soapbox for a different race you wanted more, and you have great taste in forum avatars. Credit where credit is due!

Frankly, I can understand why people would dislike the race, but I am curious if you hate gnomes or you just think the race is such a badly designed one that you'd never touch it because of that? It doesn't really matter, of course, but I am curious if this is more about gnomes or thing feeling like a badly designed one on principle.

I think I may have misread your post here previously. But either way, while I don't disagree that more work was put into Vulpera, I think you are both discounting how much work was put into mechagnomes, and I think it would be better to focus on what you'd like seen done differently with their customization instead of just saying "vulpera are better". Yeah, they are, and that isn't going to change, but that's not to say mechagnomes can't be better than they are.

This is emphasized heavily when you are saying that not much work was put into the mechagnomes. Go and see for yourself how different they are on the PTR. No one ever talks about it because people are too busy complaining about the race, but their animations had a lot of work put into them.
    What would I like to see differently? Probably different leg options, right now you only get the cog foot option instead of a mechanical foot option like the arms have, the option for one robotic arm and one real arm maybe with the legs too. Maybe fully robotic options (even fully flesh options so if you actually do like gnomes you can use the new hairstyles on one), obviously more colors as well. Definitely more head options that aren't just crappy engineering goggles. There is so much they could be adding to them to make a race of gnomes that are into replacing their bodies with robotic parts, that this seems like the absolute minimal amount of creativity and effort they could allot to a allied race that should be more than just a recolor.

If you think mechagnomes do not have unique animations I recommend logging into the PTR and testing this. The variation differs to some degree (Sometimes, it's just performing a standard gnome emote with a more rigid animation, but most are entirely new. Hell, just try /wave and you'll see immediately what I am talking about.) This isn't something I can fully express in just words, so I'd either need comparative emote gifs (Which I do not plan on making, but is an interesting idea) or you'd need to see what I am talking about here. Even their standing emotes are different. A lot of work was put into them, just not into customizing their armor. Way, way more than just their dance...

And don't hold your breath on them not changing anything. It's always possible. I don't expect to see dramatic changes, but I could for instance see them adding more colors for their prosthetics. It would be easily doable for them. I don't expect them to change the way armor is used on them, but I can dream, lol.
    The animations you can actually compare in the wowhead changing room, their attack/casting/running/walking etc all the basic animations that happen are the same, there is some slight variation in like the salute or other more fun animation, even the idle animation is the same except when she is kind of slowly moving up and down it's a little more rigid, which a lot of it just amounts to making it look a little stiffer to be a little more robotic, just slight variations on the animations gnomes have so far. There was definitely not a lot of work put in to them, it really seemed like "how little can we get away with while releasing what amounts to an entirely different race as their counterpart". It really goes back to how much work they were willing to put into this race vs how much they were willing to put into its counterpart, and you can easily see which race wasn't just rushed out. They would need to add a ton of stuff to make them actually seem like they put a lot or work into them instead of just replacing limbs in the hope that some minimal changes to an existing (and rather unpopular race) would be enough.

I'm going to assume they aren't going to be adding anything new to mechagnomes and I'm judging this as the final product until we see otherwise, as they change little to nothing on these races during their PTR phase. If they do give them more customization options great, mechagnomes are miles behind their counterpart and REALLY need help, people should want to play them more than just for their racials, right now you don't see anyone really talking about mechagnomes, all the talk is pretty much about their counterpart simply because the mechagnome customization is so lazy and the race feels cheaply done.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what we have seen of this upcoming allied race, they have a severe amount of restriction in regards to how much they can customize their armor/transmog.

Specifically, they literally cannot equip boots, gloves, or bracers, and part of their chest armor and most of their leg armor does not show up. I haven't tested the head armors, but I'm sure the head alterations can clip and clash with many types of head armors. However, using those is totally optional anyways. It's also worth noting that some of the smaller shoulder armors clip badly with the arms, though this may be a bug.

How do you feel about this? Do you think it's okay, or do you feel like Blizzard should allow armor to be equipped over the mechanical parts, or perhaps something else entirely?

Personally I'm kind of conflicted on this. On one hand, I do really like the race and its theme, and I am okay with the mechanical parts standing out, but on the other hand, it's going to limit what you can do with them because the arms and legs will stick out like sore thumbs. And if you don't have armor that goes with the 3 color scheme options for them, it will probably look (and feel) bad.

PS: Please note that this is not a thread to vent about how much you hate mechagnomes or gnomes in general. Please take that to a different thread; if you hate this race there really isn't much to discuss here and there are plenty of threads for you to release your frustration in or whatever else. I'd also prefer if we don't compare them to Vulpera or other allied races (i.e., another race has better options, it's unfair to mechagnomes, etc.), and instead just talk about what you'd like to see done with this race on its own merits. Thanks for understanding!
    I don't mind it at all. Their arms and legs are literally armor in and of themselves, and keeping those visible helps retain the visual characteristics that make them different from standard gnomes. And there's 4 unique looks for arms and 2 for legs (many more if you count the different colors).

Pincers
    Pincers w/plated armor
    Hands
    Hands w/plated armor

Legs
    Legs w/plated Armor

3 metal color schemes (gold, silver, worn)

I've made a few on the PTR and really like how they came out. And I can't wait to get their heritage armor, which will add even more possibilities.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-10-14 at 12:32 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

What would I like to see differently? Probably different leg options, right now you only get the cog foot option instead of a mechanical foot option like the arms have, the option for one robotic arm and one real arm maybe with the legs too. Maybe fully robotic options (even fully flesh options so if you actually do like gnomes you can use the new hairstyles on one), obviously more colors as well. Definitely more head options that aren't just crappy engineering goggles. There is so much they could be adding to them to make a race of gnomes that are into replacing their bodies with robotic parts, that this seems like the absolute minimal amount of creativity and effort they could allot to a allied race that should be more than just a recolor.
    These are some decent ideas. I could get behind them. The head options feel kind of crappy, especially so. Like, I would have liked to see mechanical eyes instead of a weird faceplate/goggle thing. Having a normal arm alongside a robotic one would be cool as well, though it would be trickier to animate which is why I think Blizzard opted to not do so, unfortunately.

The different colors seem like it would be easier to implement. In fact I think it's something Blizzard would be more likely to listen to and put into the game, if people showed interest. It's not a dramatic change like changing the way they put armor on the model, so it has a small chance.

The animations you can actually compare in the wowhead changing room, their attack/casting/running/walking etc all the basic animations that happen are the same, there is some slight variation in like the salute or other more fun animation, even the idle animation is the same except when she is kind of slowly moving up and down it's a little more rigid, which a lot of it just amounts to making it look a little stiffer to be a little more robotic, just slight variations on the animations gnomes have so far. There was definitely not a lot of work put in to them, it really seemed like "how little can we get away with while releasing what amounts to an entirely different race as their counterpart". It really goes back to how much work they were willing to put into this race vs how much they were willing to put into its counterpart, and you can easily see which race wasn't just rushed out. They would need to add a ton of stuff to make them actually seem like they put a lot or work into them instead of just replacing limbs in the hope that some minimal changes to an existing (and rather unpopular race) would be enough.

I'm going to assume they aren't going to be adding anything new to mechagnomes and I'm judging this as the final product until we see otherwise, as they change little to nothing on these races during their PTR phase. If they do give them more customization options great, mechagnomes are miles behind their counterpart and REALLY need help, people should want to play them more than just for their racials, right now you don't see anyone really talking about mechagnomes, all the talk is pretty much about their counterpart simply because the mechagnome customization is so lazy and the race feels cheaply done.
    I mean, the combat animations should have been different as well, but there's a lot more variation than you realize. If you're not willing to check, I can't force you to, but it's all semantics anyways. You are not wrong that Blizzard went the easy way on most of the work with this race.

If you would like to see some of the more significant differences, you can try /cheer for one. But one way or another, while similar, the animations are still different to some degree. If the combat animations were, as well, then this race would be a lot more interesting IMHO. But that isn't gonna happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I don't mind it at all. Their arms and legs are literally armor in and of themselves, and keeping those visible helps retain the visual characteristics that make them different from standard gnomes. And there's 4 unique looks for arms and 2 for legs (many more if you count the different colors).

Pincers
    Pincers w/plated armor
    Hands
    Hands w/plated armor

Legs
    Legs w/plated Armor

3 metal color schemes (gold, silver, worn)

I've made a few on the PTR and really like how they came out. And I can't wait to get their heritage armor, which will add even more possibilities.
    You might be the first person I've seen totally happy with them. More power to you! That said, I think that adding more colors is critical since it is going to clash with armor that doesn't match. And armor comes in many more colors than the metal schemes they have going on.

Honestly I am a little disappointed by the heritage armor, it's defined by the weird oversized belt, and beneath it, it is kind of bland. The helm is okay, and I like the shoulders, but a lot of it feels like it could have been better. But it's all good. The heritage armor does work really well with the race, whereas a lot of armor does not, so I can see a lot of people using it. One major complaint I do have about the armor, is that if players can only have 3 prosthetic color schemes, the heritage armor should really be designed to match all of them, as well. It's only fair, IMHO.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so now that I have the facts straight, you are responding aggressively towards me based off of a post someone else made. I know about your post earlier and I ignored it because you were either trying to bait me, or use my thread as a soapbox for how unhappy you are about mechagnomes and how badly you wanted Sethrak, and I couldn't have cared less. I am guessing you are disappointed that I did not respond to you, or that you somehow thought I was responding to you earlier... though I cannot fathom how.

Am I missing anything here? I just want to know, are you aware that I was not responding to, or were you trying to trick me into thinking you were? If the latter, well played, especially since you happen to have the mechagnome forum title, but I couldn't care less at this point. If the former, well... now you know I wasn't responding to you. So, what next? You want to have a discussion about this in any form or fashion, or were you just hoping to troll me before moving on to the next topic? Because I am honestly having difficulty interpreting your intent right now.
    What the? Self-centered much? I don't care for your atention. You just purposidly attacked me over my opinion after i expressely said it's my opinion. You are not entited to it nor where i post. That is all. I don't want any part of the soap opera in your head. I wasn't even reading this thread anymore until you decided to reply to my post more than a day after i posted it. I assumed it was to bump your thread.
    No idea, but leave me out of whatever you are doing here and i will do the same.

5+ Year Old Account
    I feel like they should've focused on more diversity in mechanization and the extent. That's the entire appeal, so having about so few options that only really vary in mecha-ears/size kinda sucks. They could've really ran wild with it.

The hairstyles are fun, but mostly for the females.

I don't dislike them, but I feel like they could've done more creatively. At the same time, many allied races have limited customization so it's somewhat expect.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    What the? Self-centered much? I don't care for your atention. You just purposidly attacked me over my opinion after i expressely said it's my opinion. You are not entited to it nor where i post. That is all. I don't want any part of the soap opera in your head. I wasn't even reading this thread anymore until you decided to reply to my post more than a day after i posted it. I assumed it was to bump your thread.
    No idea, but leave me out of whatever you are doing here and i will do the same.
    Alright, so I mixed up some posts. I don't know how, maybe I've just had too long a day. So I apologize for that. So let me respond to you directly in the way I would have, had I realized in the first place:

You like snake people. I get it. I don't care. What I did respond to was the fact that "going ballistic because you disagree" isn't the issue. I was mildly irritated because people kept bringing up other races, like mechagnomes replaced them. Sethrak were never, ever going to be playable, and not everyone would be happy with them. I think they are okay, but they aren't something I specifically want.

You were attacking me because you think I am going to go ballistic just because I disagree. That's pure bullshit and you know it. I like having discussions, what I don't like is having my thread constantly derailed cause "omg I didn't get the race I wanted" over and over and over. Get over it. Maybe you'll have better luck next time (probably not, but that's not my fault).

I do respect why you dislike them, and I get that... somewhat. I mean it's a twisted way to look at it but I can see why you would (and this is not meant rudely at you, I'm serious here). Most people are just looking at them as weird gnomes with weird prosthetic robot parts that look kind of weird, not "mutilated children".

As for using your post to bump my thread, let me assure you that when I responded to you originally, for the record, I was looking at various other replies and catching up after having got off for a while IIRC. I haven't intentionally "bumped" this thread, I've only responded to other posts. If people lost interest in this thread I wouldn't dig up crap just to bump it, I'd let it die.

I just saw your post, and since I've seen "I hate mechagnomes, we should have had [this other race]" so many times that I'm bored of replying to it. I almost didn't reply at all. Frankly, I wish I hadn't, because it added nothing to the thread and didn't prevent anyone else from doing it. Why would it, when most of them just want a place to talk about how unhappy they are they didn't get "x" race.

I mean, if you hate mechagnomes and don't have an opinion on their customization, then why post here in the first place? I'm sure there are plenty of mechagnome hate threads floating around, and if there aren't feel free to make another. The official forums would eat that crap right up regardless. At least the posts saying "I think they should have been fully mechanized" are saying something they feel about it that could be changed, even when they suggest a different race that wanted more, not "I hate them no matter what, I wanted [race] instead".

PS: Don't worry about replying to this, because I'm not going to spend any more time on your post. I've spent too much as it is. I just wanted to clear things up and apologize for the misunderstanding. Have a good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I feel like they should've focused on more diversity in mechanization and the extent. That's the entire appeal, so having about so few options that only really vary in mecha-ears/size kinda sucks. They could've really ran wild with it.

The hairstyles are fun, but mostly for the females.

I don't dislike them, but I feel like they could've done more creatively. At the same time, many allied races have limited customization so it's somewhat expect.
    You know, that's a good point. The customization is a bit boring. For using mechanization to enhance themselves and all the little things they mention, they all have basically the same set up. I guess Blizzard is limited in what they could realistically do, but they could have done a bit more than they have.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2019-10-14 at 03:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I think the ptr is on it's first freaking build and NOTHING is final.

Ffs guys you really think no gloves, feet, legs for mechagnomes will slide? Use your common sense.

Give them time. Im sure they'll come up with something thatll work similar to all the gear looks lots of races have, broken forsaken gear for example.

Mechagnomes are sick, let blizzard have time to polish them out before you cry about "how stupid they are".

I swear most of the people hating on them are just salty their idiotic helf fantasies got crapped on again.
    Every fucking thread.

Doesn't bother me as long as this is a sign of possible playable Naga with transmog restrictions and less prerequisites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trash. Apropos to the race being Trash Gnomes. Horde definitely got the better AR this time, it’s not even close.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    You might be the first person I've seen totally happy with them. More power to you! That said, I think that adding more colors is critical since it is going to clash with armor that doesn't match. And armor comes in many more colors than the metal schemes they have going on.

Honestly I am a little disappointed by the heritage armor, it's defined by the weird oversized belt, and beneath it, it is kind of bland. The helm is okay, and I like the shoulders, but a lot of it feels like it could have been better. But it's all good. The heritage armor does work really well with the race, whereas a lot of armor does not, so I can see a lot of people using it. One major complaint I do have about the armor, is that if players can only have 3 prosthetic color schemes, the heritage armor should really be designed to match all of them, as well. It's only fair, IMHO.
    I absolutely agree that we should get different colors for their armor, to match the 3 possible colors of their metal parts. A silver set of their armor is already in the game, on the hostile mechagnomes we fight, so there's that!

But yes, otherwise, I am quite happy with them and many of my friends are as well - a bunch of us met up on the PTR and made different mechagnome toons, and we had a blast cycling through their emotes and jokes and such. We wanted to run a raid, but there weren't any instance servers when we tried.

Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-10-14 at 04:38 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.