At what point do higher ilvl pieces become > than benthic?

Sorry that I cant link yet, /en-us/character/tw/shadowmoon/Tatzz I noticed this guy highly performing on warcraftlogs, and none of his logs look to be using benthic gear at all. I personally missed a lot of bfa and am behind in benthic pieces, and am wondering at what point do high ilvl pieces beat them out?

While in EP not much can beat a 425 socketted benthic except maybe a 445+ with a socket, and even then that wouldn't beat out the extra damage on Orgozoa or Za'qul from the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by ssjgohan4life View Post
    While in EP not much can beat a 425 socketted benthic except maybe a 445+ with a socket, and even then that wouldn't beat out the extra damage on Orgozoa or Za'qul from the belt.
    How about 415 benthic bracers/boots unsocketed? its all ive been able to get up to while chasing socketed pieces, but no luck yet with a single one after a month

When the higher iLvl pieces sim higher on Raidbots, or on really heavy AoE fights where the single-target procs aren't as cash money.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    When the higher iLvl pieces sim higher on Raidbots, or on really heavy AoE fights where the single-target procs aren't as cash money.
    what is your take on bentic gear?

do you think is a good model or you think blizz drop the ball here?

I dislike strong character power that's tied to RNG.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=18

He's using Benthic items, the effects are right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Benthic is not that much RNG though. The power comes mostly from the effect, not the socket. Much easier to get the right Benthic item than to get the right gear to drop with personal loot.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it'd be really good if we could have Benthic gear upgrade to 430+ with items you can only get by scrapping raid gear. If we used effects like Benthic, we could contain power scaling a lot by making gear that is amazing within a specific zone or individual raid but loses power when you move to the next tier.
    The socket is worth a ton and a lot of Benthic would not be worth using over Mythic gear without a socket.

To get a "BiS" Benthic piece, you first have to roll the right item, which is a 1/5 or 1/6 chance depending on the slot. Then that item needs to have a socket, which is 1 of 4 potential "procs" that an item can have (the others being Leech, Avoidance & Speed), but of course the likelihood is that there is no proc at all. For sake of argument let's say there's a 50% likelihood of ANY proc whatsoever, and they are all equally likely, so a 12.5% chance of a socket on any given item (maybe someone has actual numbers on this from opening a fuckton of tokens but if so I have not seen it).

With these numbers you're looking at a ~2.5% chance of a socketed BiS Benthic item (and that's in the case of the 1/5 chance slots). Depending on your level of tryhard, you can get somewhere between 50 and 100 Pearls a day, let's just say 75, enough for 15 tokens. At this rate you might average 1 BiS Benthic, Socketed piece a week. Not so bad. But of course it's completely RNG and you see everywhere how people are literally hundreds of tokens into a particular piece without getting it. How often do you see this for desirable mid-raid items like Coral? You can buy a boost and be all but guaranteed to get a Heroic Coral for less than it takes to reroll a JC Ring's stats 2-3 times. As for Mythic Coral, well, the difference between a Heroic and Mythic Coral is a bit more than the value of a socket, funnily enough..

Sure, this still makes Benthic easier to get than the right personal loot in a world where other players cannot trade you items as well. Depends on your guild and loot policy, I suppose.

FYI a socket for BM Hunters is worth up to 1% DPS a pop. I picked out a random sim that someone posted on Trueshot Lodge who had Benthic, and the procs are providing between 0.7% (the Belt) and 1% (bracers, gloves).

I simmed this same individual and added a socket to his Coral. It was +0.6% from him. On my character it's a bit more. So sockets are a substantial value, and as soon as you introduce any AoE to the fight, the socket is gonna beat the procs.

So saying that the power comes mostly from the effect is just straight up wrong. In an ideal situation for Benthic, the effect is a bit stronger, and as soon as you introduce AoE, the socket is stronger.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2019-10-15 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    The socket is worth a ton and a lot of Benthic would not be worth using over Mythic gear without a socket.

To get a "BiS" Benthic piece, you first have to roll the right item, which is a 1/5 or 1/6 chance depending on the slot. Then that item needs to have a socket, which is 1 of 4 potential "procs" that an item can have (the others being Leech, Avoidance & Speed), but of course the likelihood is that there is no proc at all. For sake of argument let's say there's a 50% likelihood of ANY proc whatsoever, and they are all equally likely, so a 12.5% chance of a socket on any given item (maybe someone has actual numbers on this from opening a fuckton of tokens but if so I have not seen it).

With these numbers you're looking at a ~2.5% chance of a socketed BiS Benthic item (and that's in the case of the 1/5 chance slots). Depending on your level of tryhard, you can get somewhere between 50 and 100 Pearls a day, let's just say 75, enough for 15 tokens. At this rate you might average 1 BiS Benthic, Socketed piece a week. Not so bad. But of course it's completely RNG and you see everywhere how people are literally hundreds of tokens into a particular piece without getting it. How often do you see this for desirable mid-raid items like Coral? You can buy a boost and be all but guaranteed to get a Heroic Coral for less than it takes to reroll a JC Ring's stats 2-3 times. As for Mythic Coral, well, the difference between a Heroic and Mythic Coral is a bit more than the value of a socket, funnily enough..

Sure, this still makes Benthic easier to get than the right personal loot in a world where other players cannot trade you items as well. Depends on your guild and loot policy, I suppose.

FYI a socket for BM Hunters is worth up to 1% DPS a pop. I picked out a random sim that someone posted on Trueshot Lodge who had Benthic, and the procs are providing between 0.7% (the Belt) and 1% (bracers, gloves).

I simmed this same individual and added a socket to his Coral. It was +0.6% from him. On my character it's a bit more. So sockets are a substantial value, and as soon as you introduce any AoE to the fight, the socket is gonna beat the procs.

So saying that the power comes mostly from the effect is just straight up wrong. In an ideal situation for Benthic, the effect is a bit stronger, and as soon as you introduce AoE, the socket is stronger.
    Yes this is so right.

I put myself in the bench for mythic raiding because i dont want to farm Nazjatar anymore.
    And they told us they would not do shit like that again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingling View Post
    Yes this is so right.

I put myself in the bench for mythic raiding because i dont want to farm Nazjatar anymore.
    And they told us they would not do shit like that again...
    I'm assuming you have alts, just do the opening questline until you unlock the WQs, you'll have like 20 by this time. Then just do the 4 WQ whenever the emissary has pearls. I did the opening on 5 alts and did daily clears on my main (for the rep for flying) doing emissary on at least 2 whenever i could be bothered.

Had all 5 pieces with sockets before mythic opened.
    Speciation Is Gradual

The biggest problem with Benethic gear that it can be virtually worthless outside of EP or Nazajtar. You’re almost better overall replacing it with higher ilvl gear for all content outside of that zone and raid. If you’re going to keep raiding than those special procs on some gear makes it better than higher ilvl items. There’s also socket roulette with the benethic gear which can extended them a little bit outside the zone, but that’s about it. Just my opinion though.