Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, yes it is, look it up yourself. That is netease. They are required to run blizzard china media team. As china doesn't like foreginers sending direct messages to their people... That's why they even have their own version of twitter

- - - Updated - - -

They also make their own games. Tournaments. And partner with MANY other companies like Bungie when they gave them 100 million. They are also the ones making Diablo immortal
    It was an official response from Blizzard representation, approved by Blizzard. You're trying to defend the absolute insane response by implying that it was out of Blizzards hands, and that's just being willfully ignorant of the situation.

Mr Brack is full of sh**.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    That's exactly why they don't show the LGBTQ shit in China and Russia.
    As I said, peddle your homophobia somewhere else.

As another poster said they tailor these to each region/regime for maximum profits.

The fact you can't see this is hilarious.
    As I also said in my previous post - if it's really that obvious, show me the quarterly reports that supports this.

So everyones quitting League of Legends to right? Or is this just about Blizzard? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    2.Not all the protesters were peaceful, some of what was going on could definitely be labeled rioting, which leads into
    The not-at all suspicious rapes and deaths of numerous "rioters"? Almost as innocuous as Epstein's untimely murder suicide?

Edit: You know, Epstein? Kotick's friend whose plane he rode several times? What was that plane called again...

Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    So everyones quitting League of Legends to right? Or is this just about Blizzard? :P
    The activists are probably exhausted by all the protesting they've been doing against Blizzard in forums, they probably need to take a break and play some WoW before they can pick up a new cause to rally behind. It's a tough life being activist!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    The activists are probably exhausted by all the protesting they've been doing against Blizzard in forums, they probably need to take a break and play some WoW before they can pick up a new cause to rally behind. It's a tough life being activist!
    For real. My husband and I got into an argument about this when the news first broke. He was (understandably) pissed about what happened, and crusading about not supporting Blizzard anymore, and I told him he better stop playing League as well then. I got some shit about how "well they didn't do anything obviously stupid" and just... I had to laugh. Yeah, Blizzard made a colossal mistake, but that doesn't mean that Riot wouldn't have done the same thing if it had happened to them, since they're 100% owned by Tencent. It just happened to be Blizzard to make the bungle this time.

There are a few companies I will not support, such as Apple, because I feel like the crap they've done is WAAAAAY worse than what Blizzard's done. But if I had to stop supporting every single company that deals with shady shit, I'm pretty sure I'd be homeless soon enough. Hell, my husband would have to quit his job and I'd have to pull my application from the same company because, surprise surprise, it's a big plastic company that has trade deals with China. And it's just not feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Blizzard: Support Pride Day by buying our rainbow colored skins and rainbow colored loot box's. By the way Tracer is gay and here is a comic about it.....

Blizzard: DON'T YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING POLITICAL AT OUR TOURNAMENTS OR IN OUR VIDEO GAMES.

Fucken Hypocrites.
    Pretty sure Pride Day isn’t political. The march that started it was, but Pride Day is a celebration of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    The not-at all suspicious rapes and deaths of numerous "rioters"? Almost as innocuous as Epstein's untimely murder suicide?

Edit: You know, Epstein? Kotick's friend whose plane he rode several times? What was that plane called again...
    People around here sure enjoy tinfoil hats. Jeffrey Dahmer had friends who probably rode in his car at some point, does that make them all accomplices to murder?

I don't play league and there is MANY other reasons to avoid Riot Games...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I don't play league and there is MANY other reasons to avoid Riot Games...
    The fact that League is a shitty game with a shitty community is probably the lead reason :P

Quote Originally Posted by GenericDragon View Post
    For real. My husband and I got into an argument about this when the news first broke. He was (understandably) pissed about what happened, and crusading about not supporting Blizzard anymore, and I told him he better stop playing League as well then. I got some shit about how "well they didn't do anything obviously stupid" and just... I had to laugh. Yeah, Blizzard made a colossal mistake, but that doesn't mean that Riot wouldn't have done the same thing if it had happened to them, since they're 100% owned by Tencent. It just happened to be Blizzard to make the bungle this time.

There are a few companies I will not support, such as Apple, because I feel like the crap they've done is WAAAAAY worse than what Blizzard's done. But if I had to stop supporting every single company that deals with shady shit, I'm pretty sure I'd be homeless soon enough. Hell, my husband would have to quit his job and I'd have to pull my application from the same company because, surprise surprise, it's a big plastic company that has trade deals with China. And it's just not feasible.
    Right, exactly.
    And I'd rather put my effort/money into supporting organizations like Amnesty International than raging against gaming companies online. It's great that this has created awareness - our daily lives are so dependent on manufacturing and oil that happens in countries with absolutely dogshit human rights (China, Saudi), but forum crusades against Blizzard (or Riot) do little to change the system or help the people in those countries. It's just useless gamer anger/virtue signaling.

This incident has brought even more awareness to the human rights violations going on in China right now.

The fact that congressmen have called Blizzard cowards and people are boycotting them is a good thing. All of this puts pressure on China and the companies bending to them.

Any noise is good noise.
    That's true. You don't hear much about the other shady things that other companies have done because it gets swept under the rug, but because of Blizzard's idiocy, everything is coming back to light now. I still think people need to be putting pressure on everyone and not just Blizzard, though. Hopefully over the coming months people bring the dirt out on other companies as well. China doesn't want the attention, but they're getting it now.

That's true. You don't hear much about the other shady things that other companies have done because it gets swept under the rug, but because of Blizzard's idiocy, everything is coming back to light now. I still think people need to be putting pressure on everyone and not just Blizzard, though. Hopefully over the coming months people bring the dirt out on other companies as well. China doesn't want the attention, but they're getting it now.
    Just need another company to flub up because the "i hate Blizzard!" thing is already losing traction

It's just about Blizzard, otherwise they'd have quit Fortnite, boycotted Epic and deleted all the games they bought on the Epic Game Store (Tencent does own 40% of the company after all). Oh but Epic did release this half-assed statement and everyone was apparently appeased.

“Epic supports everyone’s right to express their views on politics and human rights. We wouldn’t ban or punish a Fortnite player or content creator for speaking on these topics,” an Epic Games spokesperson told The Verge.
    Which doesn't actually say they wouldn't pull the plug on any broadcast if they tried expressing their views on politics and human rights, just that they wouldn't get banned.

Just need another company to flub up because the "i hate Blizzard!" thing is already losing traction
    Maybe check outside of fansites where the defenders have gathered. It's been nonstop since word go and people are going to keep it going as close to Blizzcon as they can. Everyone enjoys a good pileup.

People around here sure enjoy tinfoil hats. Jeffrey Dahmer had friends who probably rode in his car at some point, does that make them all accomplices to murder?
    Oh yeah I forgot about Dahmer's pedophile island that celebrities and other influential figures visited regularly. I also forgot that he was murdered while awaiting trial to talk about his many contacts and accomplices.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting to see them dump their IPhones and boycott Apple..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-10-14 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Maybe check outside of fansites where the defenders have gathered. It's been nonstop since word go and people are going to keep it going as close to Blizzcon as they can. Everyone enjoys a good pileup.

Oh yeah I forgot about Dahmer's pedophile island that celebrities and other influential figures visited regularly. I also forgot that he was murdered while awaiting trial to talk about his many contacts and accomplices.
    It'll die out well before blizzcon, most of this type of stupid shit does.

And it's pretty tinfoil hat to assume that everyone hanging out with him is also some pedophile, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Wouldn't bother me anyway, not really a fan of Kotick. You don't swear off a company because the boss is a dick, look at Gearbox, BL3 sold amazingly and that guy is a huge pervert and an asshole, everyone hates him.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2019-10-14 at 05:28 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly you have Apple, Disney, Riot Games, ESPN, Vans Shoes, the NBA and a lot more..

- - - Updated - - -

It'll die out well before blizzcon, most of this type of stupid shit does.

And it's pretty tinfoil hat to assume that everyone hanging out with him is also some pedophile, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Wouldn't bother me anyway, not really a fan of Kotick. You don't swear off a company because the boss is a dick, look at Gearbox, BL3 sold amazingly and that guy is a huge pervert and an asshole, everyone hates him.
    Don't forget how much of a twerp Sweeney is and yet people still buy from the EGS, even after all the problems and still lack of features..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Don't forget how much of a twerp Sweeney is and yet people still buy from the EGS, even after all the problems and still lack of features..
    I keep it around for the free shit they give out lol. Just got a game for free off there that I actually had my eye on.