Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    He literally said he MTed as Panzerkin in all current content in the first or equal first guild on his server. And he said he topped raid DPS while doing it. Dude lives in a fantasy world.
    ahh, yeah that doesn't sound right.

No mate, we've all heard of Panzerkin before. Nobody was arguing the term never existed. Mostly just disbelieving that you main tanked all of TBC in a server first guild as Balance, which is what you claimed. And also claimed Boomkins were "top tier" DPS.

So not only did you main tank all content as Balance spec, you outDPSed your guild's Destro Warlocks and BM hunters while doing it. Yeah, nah, you are absolutely full of shit.

Boomkins were not "Top Tier" dps in TBC. In fact they were bottom of the barrel trash tier DPS that very rarely saw the inside of a raid. And Panzerkin was a gimmick spec that people had fun with in Karazhan, nobody main tanked any difficult bosses with it.
    As I said, you are totally ignorant on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    As I said, you are totally ignorant on the matter.
    Show us your clip of the oomkin chicken tanking brutallus while topping dem meters oh wise one

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Something something 'bUt PeOpLe R sO mUcH niCeR n cLaSsiC' something.
    They'll just blame the toxic people as being retail babies.

I've played this game pretty much for its entirety up until end of Legion; people are not better or worse when it comes to social behavior.

Play what you want leave the entitlement to the jerks. Plenty of people don't care what spec you are. Watch some old pvp vids. 10 gold for every assmouthgold death.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    You're drinking as a mage because you are basically soloing the dungeon with blizzard.

The boomkin is OOM after casting 2 starfires.
    More like 4 moonfires and hurricane, but allright, don't cut yourself on that edge tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a common logical fallacy to extrapolate one bad experience with something to want to avoid or have anything to do with anything similar in the future. Queue all hunters always roll need and all moonkins always are oom. Some shit players exist and give others playing the same specs a bad rep when other players don't care to distinguish between them, test them for themselves or help them if needed to go for beneficial stats or instruct them to drink between pulls if needed.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

As a boomkin in full pre-raid BiS, i do fine in MC/ony. Downranking starfires with enough arcane dmg is fine. Made this account because a friend told me about the post on my server and knew i'm not a push-over dps (for now.) this is just my first sample, will keep updates through my raiding exp.

(just relized i cant post links or anything till i make a few posts. will post when i can)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    In this case your healer is the problem and not the Moonkin. Who's that healer to judge? Gosh, those people ruin Classic. I'd rather blacklist that healer than the Moonkin.
    Indeed. What kind of asshole kicks the top DPS in the group, who additionally brings good group buffs and utility, and who is also not causing drama, just because they don’t like their spec?

Sounds pretty racist to me. Which is sad, as Boomkins are a proud people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    This attitude is from people who haven't played since Vanilla and think they know best and are under the impression these off specs haven't improved in 15 years.
    Some pie ole also think that every aspect of the game has to be min/maxed 100% of the time. People like that are tedious bitches. I would rather have a mediocre player with a good attitude who tries hard, than a pen elite player who is some toxic bitch any day.

Amd really, in a five man dungeon, does it really matter if a boss fight runs an extra fifteen seconds?

10+ Year Old Account
    what a horrible person that priest.

wants only optimal specs in his FIVE MAN GROUP (lol)
    i guess he's one of those people who only play games on easy-mode.

and btw, moonkins have serious mana problems, but they do the msot dps out of all the casters. just saying.

I would have Kicked and black list the bad player here. Plot twist: it is not the oomkin. You should have added her to friendlist esp. If she topped metter with manabreaks etc.

Anyways: I play one as well and got a permaspot into a semi hardcore raiding guild. Dps wise, middle of the pack. As ally with the 30mp5 benediction from paladins I usually never run out (innervate is for myself) and the raid was saved by tranquillity/ BR and oomkin aura improved MotW (16 stats 27 res) and imp Thorns (32) are pretty valuable as well.
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2019-10-14 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    I mean, he's not wrong...is he a dick? yes..is he wrong? no.

Why take a boomkin who will do sub par damage,have to drink after every pull,bring no real form of CC and only offers Ranged crit change. When you could bring a mage who does more dmg, can make food/water, CC, best AOE dmg in the game(Which makes dngs go faster), solid ST dmg, Int buff and portals for after. A warlock who brings solid ST and AOE, healthstones, A battle rez, summons just incase, CC, Blood pact stamins bonus and a Voidwalker incase the tanks having issues.

The fact is, you can say what he did about a lot of classes. Why bring a ret when you can bring a rogue? People warned players this would happen, you need to just accept it if you're going to go down that path and play a spec that is seen as 1 spec only(Paladins,Shaman,Druids are all seen as healers and only healers) and not get your feelings hurt when people call you out on it.
    As a mage, i'd love a boomkin in our raids for the crit buff. I wouldn't take one to a dng though
    No we just need a way to know which people are elitist pieces of garbage so we don't accidentally group up with an asocial adult child, who would rather throw a tantrum and delay the group further than accept a dungeon might take a few extra minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Every spec that doesn't do well in the cutting edge raid scene (which doesn't exist in classic yet) is persecuted by idiots throughout the entire game.

"You're a ret? Useless. You're a boomy? Useless. You're arcane? Useless. You're sub? Useless."

People that say this and other examples are toxic garbage. Most of these asswipes are also never going to be in a cutting edge raid either. Every single talent configuration is "viable" in every part of the game that isn't a raid boss.

Your healer should be blacklisted.
    Calls people toxic garbage. Acts like toxic garbage. Nice.

I think anyone who doesn't want to group with someone else is fully entitled to not group with someone else. If someone kicked some other guy because of a perceived weakness then I think that is as good as reason as any. "This guy is after the same gear as me" KICK. "This guy is a ret" KICK. "I would rather have a mage" KICK. It is their group. They can do whatever the hell they want with it as long as ToS aren't broken. I actually applaud this attitude. Why help people who are not going to be of any use latter on? That 7th oomkin that you've come across today needs to know that 6 of them will be a healer or they won't raid. That Ret wasting his time getting to 60? No ones going to give a place to him over a mage. The simple fact is this. You do not know what you will get when you pug in dungeons. The player behind the class could be shit. They could be great. You have no tools to know. Best to take the spec and not the player. If you don't like it then you should join a guild or make your own groups. If you feel triggered then maybe Classic isn't for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Calls people toxic garbage. Acts like toxic garbage. Nice.

That 7th oomkin that you've come across today needs to know that 6 of them will be a healer or they won't raid. That Ret wasting his time getting to 60? No ones going to give a place to him over a mage. The simple fact is this. You do not know what you will get when you pug in dungeons. The player behind the class could be shit. They could be great. You have no tools to know. Best to take the spec and not the player. If you don't like it then you should join a guild or make your own groups. If you feel triggered then maybe Classic isn't for you.

You do know there's no such thing as an oomkin, right? you would need to play very poorly to go oom.
    Please follow your train of thought to the end: "The player behind the class could be shit." "Best to take the spec and not the player."

Quote Originally Posted by ghays View Post
    Amd really, in a five man dungeon, does it really matter if a boss fight runs an extra fifteen seconds?
    No, it doesn't But 95% of a dungeon is not boss fights. It's killing trash. And guess what? The real casters are much, much better at that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post

This happens on retail aswell, it's like the same crowd might be playing both versions :thinking:

My GF actually quit WoW after being kicked from a couple of dungeons at max level, because she didn't know the different ways to skip certain trash etc. Toxic community is a huge part of both versions, sadly.
    Toxic people in dungeons yelling at me because I don't know shortcuts and skips and won't tell me when I ask is one of the reasons I barely do group content anymore.
    It's really demotivating.

I love how everyone jumps on the "they go OOM in raid" bandwagon. Flash news guys: bosses die in 60-90 seconds in MC

(i'm not protecting the stupid owls, just pointing out a dumb argument)

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    I love how everyone jumps on the "they go OOM in raid" bandwagon. Flash news guys: bosses die in 60-90 seconds in MC

(i'm not protecting the stupid owls, just pointing out a dumb argument)
    Obv, but they die in that time because ppl used "real dps classes"

Just do what I am doing, skip classic and wait for TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    ...Druid has to heal, period...
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    ...I think everyone should play how they want....
    Ummm, ok pal, if you say so.